PDA

View Full Version : Help me im an ignorant newbie


Bucke
04-18-2002, 08:23 PM
i've just got a copy of jedi outcast and im having abit of difficulty mainly cos i dont have the manual. any help will be appreciated ...

i know that you can buy force powers with force points- how do you aquire more points?

can you have multiple charcters - so that i can have one light side jedi and 1 dark side jedi?

is there anywhere i can download a list of controls, stances, moves etc?

VeX_5150
04-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Did you actually buy a copy of the game? Seems like you didn't.

Bucke
04-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by VeX_5150
Did you actually buy a copy of the game? Seems like you didn't.
why? are lucasarts paying you a commision fee?
my copy is perfectly legitemit if that is what your implying

Raith
04-18-2002, 09:08 PM
then you can email LucasArts and ask them to send you another one

TheDarkSide
04-18-2002, 09:13 PM
why? are lucasarts paying you a commision fee? my copy is perfectly legitemit if that is what your implying


No, actually he paid Lucasarts a fee for this game, as did I and most others on this board.

Your evasive response seems to contradict your innocence. If you contact lucasarts with the serial # on the box and mail them your CD, they will be happy to send you a replacement manual.

Bucke
04-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDarkSide


No, actually he paid Lucasarts a fee for this game, as did I and most others on this board.

Your evasive response seems to contradict your innocence. If you contact lucasarts with the serial # on the box and mail them your CD, they will be happy to send you a replacement manual.

are you only quoting me partially to try to take what i said out of context?
however thanks for the suggestion
can someone at least tell me how to gain more force powers or is thisa too much to ask?

Kyth'emos
04-18-2002, 11:04 PM
I would suggest that you just go buy the game, or if you did then email lucas arts and get them to send you a manual, people here do not like people who have or may have pirated software.

sir_Latin
04-19-2002, 12:40 AM
What serial# on the box? I bought a copy here in Norway, in a DVD box. And it has no serial#.

Anyway, are there more moves than the ones mentioned in the manual?


sir Latin

TheDarkSide
04-19-2002, 01:02 AM
are you only quoting me partially to try to take what i said out of context?

nope. your second sentence was as evasive as the first. It didn't come over with the "paste" into the 'quote' feature here. I've since edited the quote in my original post.

I'm sorry but if you expect any sort of help here, you WILL have to explain how a COPY of the game (your words)... i've just got a copy of jedi outcast ...came into your "legitimate" possession sans a manual.

You may think we are all being a-holes, but the only "legit" way to obtain this game would also include the manual. If you bought this game, you would understand.


Sir Latin: yes there are more moves than are mentioned, and the serial number can be found on the UPC code.

TDS

sir_Latin
04-19-2002, 09:32 AM
TheDarkSide :
Probably a newbie question.. what's the UPC code? :)
And would you care to teach me some of those moves? ;)

TheDarkSide
04-19-2002, 11:47 AM
hahaha Okay, the UPC code is found on every single packaging of just about everything. I think (in English) it stands for "Universal Product Code", it looks like a square or rectangle with black and white vertical lines. At a store, when they scan the package to tally it in your total, it's the little label they scan.

As for teaching the moves, I'd be happy to but I don't know all of them myself. I know they exist. Generally most of what you can do is in the manual.


TDS

sir_Latin
04-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Haha, that was stupid, I didn't know it was called the UPC code in english :) I guess I found my serial then. "Manufactured in EU #######.UK" I guess that's the one :)

If you know some extra moves, e-mail me at latin@erly.de

Mortician
04-19-2002, 05:03 PM
As anyone else on this forum is just trying to flame around and pretend to be Jesus himself I will answer your questions, Bucke.

>i know that you can buy force powers with force points- how do >you aquire more points?
You simply cannot.
Each Server you will be playing on has a predefined difficulty level, like Padawan, Jedi Master and so on.
The more difficult, the more points you can spend for your force powers. No gaining extra points, though. NEVER!

>can you have multiple charcters - so that i can have one light >side jedi and 1 dark side jedi?
In the menu where you allocate your points to "buy" Force Powers you are able to choose predefined setups in a list to the left.
You are also able to make your own standard setups, one for light side force powers, one for dark side force powers. With one clikc you change them.

>is there anywhere i can download a list of controls, stances, >moves etc?
Well, you can see a list of controls in the Options Menu, dont you. Stances are only three (two hidden, but dont care about them) and these three are explained throughout the SP part of the game. You cant download moves (yet).

I hope I was able to help you.

Monnnster
04-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Couldn't he have just figured this out without the manual? It's pretty self-explanatory.

Bucke
04-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDarkSide


nope. your second sentence was as evasive as the first. It didn't come over with the "paste" into the 'quote' feature here. I've since edited the quote in my original post.

I'm sorry but if you expect any sort of help here, you WILL have to explain how a COPY of the game (your words)... ...came into your "legitimate" possession sans a manual.

You may think we are all being a-holes, but the only "legit" way to obtain this game would also include the manual. If you bought this game, you would understand.


im sure many of you wont believe me but one of my friends gave me his copy (he had lost the case and manual)

"I'm sorry (but) if you expect any sort of help here" - how presumptious of me, no doubt a common trait of a thief

its a shame that you can't come onto a forum without being almost immediatly accussed of the most heinous crime of copy write infringment

Mortician you have my thanks.

tomservo51
04-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sir_Latin
What serial# on the box? I bought a copy here in Norway, in a DVD box. And it has no serial#.

Anyway, are there more moves than the ones mentioned in the manual?


sir Latin

Norway? Then it's definately a pirate copy!

Kyth'emos
04-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bucke

im sure many of you wont believe me but one of my friends gave me his copy (he had lost the case and manual)

"I'm sorry (but) if you expect any sort of help here" - how presumptious of me, no doubt a common trait of a thief

its a shame that you can't come onto a forum without being almost immediatly accussed of the most heinous crime of copy write infringment

Mortician you have my thanks.

your right I can't say that I would believe you, why would your friend give you his copy ? even if he didn't like the game just giving away somthing that cost 50 dollars sounds rather dumb. How do you loose a manual that quick ? I have manuals for games that can't even run on my PC.

sir_Latin
04-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by tomservo51


Norway? Then it's definately a pirate copy!


LOL :D what's that supposed to mean?

mima kake
04-20-2002, 08:23 PM
means that in there are pirates in norway

with wooden kegs and all and a eye patch

u know the kind.

Khaine
04-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by mima kake
means that in there are pirates in norway

with wooden kegs and all and a eye patch

u know the kind.

These kinds of pirates were found in the Caribbean islands...
In Norway and the rest of Scandinavia, you had more chances to come upon marauding Vikings! ;)

Krazx
04-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Mortician
You simply cannot.
Each Server you will be playing on has a predefined difficulty level, like Padawan, Jedi Master and so on.
The more difficult, the more points you can spend for your force powers. No gaining extra points, though. NEVER!

Don't be so quick to say such things. Yes, through normal means you are correct. Heh... I have friends who will tell you otherwise.