PDA

View Full Version : Working on Dark Forces version of kyle, need help!!!

Infinity Blade
04-19-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm currently working on a Dark Forces type kyle, but I don't know of any resource material to use. My game got toasted long ago , and I don't remember how he looks.

Here's a face I was kinda tossing around, but I think it'll probably look more like JK Kyle instead of DF Kyle...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/kyleface.jpg

It's a quite altered Chiss head. :) I'm not sure if I'll use it for anything, just experimenting.

If anyone could post an image or link to a site where I can find whatever glimpses of his appearance that are available, I will be very grateful.

Thanks!

Infinity Blade
04-19-2002, 02:06 AM
It's so quite in this thread I can hear the crickets chirping...

HapSlash
04-19-2002, 02:13 AM
*CHIRP* *CHIRP*

*CHIRP* *CHIRP*

Wes Janson SMR
04-19-2002, 02:13 AM
Hah! Pics of Kyle in DF are hard to come by. But here's one that was posted here before:

http://starunner.150m.com/kyle_ref.gif

He looks a tad older than he's supposed to represent in this old-school animation cell. He's supposed to be in his early twenties... But hey, hope this gives you a good idea.

Infinity Blade
04-19-2002, 02:18 AM
Thanks! Should help alot....

now just to find a good face/model combo... and odds are I'll need the tools to make a better model... Am going to try using an existing model in the meantime though..

Come on, Guys! Bring on the Tools!

HapSlash
04-19-2002, 02:21 AM
As far as I'm aware this is the only time you see Kyle pictured in dark forces,...

and as far as him being in his early twenties,.... I hate it when people go back and rewrite history to suit their stories needs.
Kyle was supposed to be an expert mercenary, a veteran soldier, and in his early twenties,... yeah right.

Wes Janson SMR
04-19-2002, 02:28 AM
I'm not "rewriting history". If I did, Kyle would be at least fifty during the events in JKO otherwise - and the folks at Raven claim that Kyle is in his late thirties in JKO.

Which brings us to the point of a viable timeline and continuity... That's another thread entirely.

And besides, stranger things have happened than a Force Attuned young man become good at what he was trained for at the Accademy. Like...Uh...I don't know... A ten-year-old winning a Pod race - and then single-handedly taking out an entire Droid Control ship; something that the best pilots of Naboo couldn't even do.

HapSlash
04-19-2002, 02:38 AM
I wasn't accusing YOU of re-writing history,...

But I know there have been far too many instances where someone writes something, then someone else goes back and re-writes it to suit their ideas,...

That's the kind of thinking that ruined the EU books for me, and the Highlander story,...

I shed a single tear for Highlander with all it's bastard children,.... ;)

Infinity Blade
04-19-2002, 02:42 AM
Ah... Highlander, one of my favorite movies....

Damn you Panzer and Davis.... I blame everything after it on you!!!!!!

Wes Janson SMR
04-19-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by HapSlash
I wasn't accusing YOU of re-writing history,...

Oh. If you're accusing Raven, well..Then...I agree whole-heartily. Curse you, Raven!!

;-)

Tigris
04-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Erm- Kyle has some grey hairs already in JO- so I would say he IS over his 30's... more like 45-50, if he had a stressful life (which one could say ;) )

Wes Janson SMR
04-19-2002, 02:49 PM
Well, it's already been pointed out that gray hair can come at just about any age, really. I'm 19, and I have a single strand of gray hair...Which I find strange..

And come to think of it...one of my old high school teachers had some kind of half-gray, half-black thing going on - one side and the other. And he was 39 at the time.

And Kyle's been through a lot. That gray hair just might be a sign of his wear and tare, not necessarily his age.

Kijinn
04-19-2002, 08:09 PM
infinity_blade :

It does not necessarily concern you, but there is a Dark-Forces-Kyle available already...
Quite a good one, too.

Done by starunner (if I remember correctly).

The sole mistake he made was to use too skinny a model for a man who is wearing a metallic looking armor beneath a not so light leather jacket.

I would certainly apreciate seeing a better attempt at young Kyle...I doubt there are any suitable models, though.

That face skin you posted looks mighty fine, indeed !