PDA

View Full Version : Do you want an EXPANSION for jk2

Darth Skyw@lker
04-19-2002, 01:24 PM
Do you want raven to make a expension with more lvl and new story with desann and everything...

DarthEvader
04-19-2002, 01:40 PM
i want an expansion, but not an expension..

EffJi
04-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Not just a new Kyle-katarn story, but maby a totally different story. Not about kyle, about someone else. I want to play as a traditional jedi, not a "guy-with-a-lightsaber".

New saberstances, new moves, new lightsabre-wielding enemies.
Not any crazy new weapons (carboniter gun in MOTS).
Let's have a normal, human-looking enemy (like jerec in KJ) that can fight really good, but isn't over-using force-powers like Desann.
There should be bosses like in JK that are extra hard to beat alongside the reborn-like enemies.

Lnt. Kechtt
04-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DarthEvader

Ditto

mrvannistelrooy
04-19-2002, 02:00 PM
i want a MULTIPLAYER expansion, with hundreds of skins , and loads of modes and maps -
i quit single player on level 2 coz it was 2 hard, so theres no way a sp expansion would do me any good ..i want wookies and ewoks !

BJP3E
04-19-2002, 02:02 PM
how about a game from the sith point of view :) not much of that around :)

but I want one yeah

ArtifeX
04-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mrvannistelrooy
i want a MULTIPLAYER expansion, with hundreds of skins , and loads of modes and maps -
i quit single player on level 2 coz it was 2 hard, so theres no way a sp expansion would do me any good ..i want wookies and ewoks !

Ditto. Expansion of the saber fighting in an expansion would be greatly appreciated.

Hoowl
04-19-2002, 02:38 PM
I think there is definately room for an expansion but would you play Kyle again and start as a Jedi Master or would you play another character as in MotS and have to gain the force powers again?

Darth Skyw@lker
04-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DarthEvader

OUPS, my bad :joy:

Darth Skyw@lker
04-19-2002, 02:59 PM
i want a EXP with the story of the movies, like ANH+ESP+ROTJ , all the fight with darth vader , boba fett, ect ect

Forhekset
04-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm a bit tired of Kyle...I'd rather play Mara Jade again, or a character from one of the movies....or something.

JMH_Link
04-19-2002, 04:11 PM
If they do make an expansion then i really hope they will add a virtual Jedi Academy like they did with the virtual Voyager in Elite Force. And be able to walk around all of the Jedi Academy with a bunch of new rooms to explore and learn more about the Jedi ways.

Darth Lunatic
04-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Thats a good idea BJP3E. It's always more fun playing as the bad guys anyway!

Assault3000
04-19-2002, 04:33 PM
There really is no point to an expansion. They pretty much said Kyle's adventures are over at the end of JK II. A new character would not work either, remember how Mysteries of the Sith ended up? All Mara Jade did was a bunch of completely random missions that had NOTHING to do with the story what so ever. If they DID make an expansion they should bring back weapons from the older installments, the new weapons were ok but the rail detonator and concussion rifle are better than a slow rocket launcher anyday. For single player there is not much they can add, for multiplayer there is a lot they could add. Like original models not ones from single player.

Pvt_Dancer
04-19-2002, 06:36 PM
If they do make an expansion then i really hope they will add a virtual Jedi Academy like they did with the virtual Voyager in Elite Force. And be able to walk around all of the Jedi Academy with a bunch of new rooms to explore and learn more about the Jedi ways.

That would be nice.

There really is no point to an expansion. They pretty much said Kyle's adventures are over at the end of JK II.

What in the Hell are you talking about!?
He didn't give up his lightsaber and just took a vacation with Jan saying that... after that.. who knows? That doesn't sound like ended adventures to me! How do you infer that? Are there multiple endings?

Bacon00
04-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Oh heck yes an expansion. I'd be more than happy with just some random single player missions - it's still fun. And more MP skins would be awesome... and maybe more saber colors (make it so you can pick your color from a MS Paint like color graph?).

I think that if Raven can expand Elite Force (even though that EXP pack kinda sucked..), they can easily do it with JKII.

But I wouldn't bet on it.. this doesn't seem to be the typical "expanding" game.. but you never know.

Agen
04-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by EffJi
Not just a new Kyle-katarn story, but maby a totally different story. Not about kyle, about someone else. I want to play as a traditional jedi, not a "guy-with-a-lightsaber".

New saberstances, new moves, new lightsabre-wielding enemies.
Not any crazy new weapons (carboniter gun in MOTS).
Let's have a normal, human-looking enemy (like jerec in KJ) that can fight really good, but isn't over-using force-powers like Desann.
There should be bosses like in JK that are extra hard to beat alongside the reborn-like enemies.

You want slapped? :naughty:

Frogspit
04-19-2002, 11:40 PM
I'm tired of Kyle too.

What about playing a sith story?

Remember, there was Xwing and then Tie Fighter game, much better...
Afterall Kyle is not a good Jedi anyway. Too much kill missions.
Let's reach the darkside with pleasure and mystery ;)

No?

Psycho Killer
04-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Yes to an expansion

With,
New lead character but Kyle is still involved like MotS.
I like the idea about playing as a Sith/Dark Jedi.
New levels
New saber moves, New acrobatic moves eg. cartwheel, butterfly etc.
Better AI
Better mission structure
More MP options.

Frogspit
04-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Voila! exactly like Psycho Killer said ;)

Right about more MP options.
What about SW "historical" missions?
Like in RTCWolfenstein.
From small commandos ones to big battles.

I dream of HOT battle... imagine 32 rebels vs 32 imps.
some jedi.
some medical droids (human players)

oops.. too much coke in my gin ;)

Someday I'm gona work for Lucasarts. But not yet ;)

ninja_alex_p
04-20-2002, 01:52 AM
how 'bout you play as tavion

Vestril
04-20-2002, 02:11 AM
but isn't over-using force-powers like Desann.

PLEASE!!!!! I hate that on JM level he can pretty much kill you at will if he uses his force powers, I HATE heal/bactaing when that prick uses grip or lightning and there's NOTHING you can do...

It would be cool if there was a Kyle expansion, or an anyone else expansion--a dark Jedi/Sith expansion would be kind of original and therefore cool, especially if you got to have some awesome fights with famous EU Jedi. It would also be cool if there was some good NF SP saber fighting, they could set it on Myrkr or something...I just get tired of geting force lightninged when I'm trying to do some swordfighting...

Darth Lunatic
04-20-2002, 03:54 AM
What about a co-op expansion, where you go through the game with 1 other person (or more) to finish single player type missions? With a story etc...

patchx
04-20-2002, 03:56 AM
they should make it playing as tavion on some sort of mission against the empire but still a dark jedi (though not super powerful).

it should be some sort of personal thing where she has no option other than fight the empire (maybe something to do with her family getting kidanpped and used in force experiments by a imp remnant warlord)

she should also have no other recourse then to enlist the aid of kyle or Skywalker to help her (much like mara in the thrawn trilogy with luke helping her rescue Talon Kardde)

slowly through the game, under their tutelage she turns from the darkside and by the end has no darkside powers.

it could have the old jedi redemtion cornball theme.

-patch

Bacon00
04-20-2002, 04:19 AM
ohh, maybe an expansion where you play as Desann during the course of the Outcast storyline?

He fought luke (a boss), jedi's at the academy, etc. It'd be just the right length for an expansion.. not too long (and not too much work), but fun and "expansionish."

That'd be sweet.. Desann is huge, too.. that'd be cool.

Ham Yoyo
04-20-2002, 04:21 AM
HELL YEAH!!!

Maybe we could play as Natalie Portman and have a strip naked feature. :)

Bacon00
04-20-2002, 04:25 AM
mmmm... strip naked feature... mmmmm

dreamstation
04-20-2002, 04:31 AM
Bloody Oath i want an expansion! :D

Bacon00
04-20-2002, 04:39 AM
strip naked feature.. mmm

/bind x +stripnakednatalie

MAAF
04-20-2002, 12:07 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44935

nice???
And I want Evoks Javas Wookies Battle Droids Tie-Fighter agains X-Wing Action
What about a new game????

The Count
04-20-2002, 01:15 PM
it has to have kyle in it

H.B.M.C.
04-20-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm a big Kyle fan, but maybe it is time to move on.

I'm not just saying forget him and lets move on, but KILL HIM OFF in an expansion (in some heroic way of course) while you play as another person.

BYE

kritschewsky
04-20-2002, 02:16 PM
It would be nice.
No offence toward the SP players. But I think they should do a MP only expansion. Developing a lot more skins. More options for saber combat, more moves, more acrobatic moves etc.
Perhaps more physical combat moves as perhap add 2-3 different kicks and a punch or two (Did not the sith in episode 1 use quite some martial arts part from his saber).

More maps. Different MP games.
Most of all, concentrate on saber fights and saber only MP games.
To those who want to use weapons, try another game.
I hardly play TFF because of all gun wielders. It is fun to enter an "saber only" game, but that is all. As it is now, I allmost only play DUEL, unless ofcourse as stated above. I find a good saber only server, with not too much force powers.

Another thing they should do in the "no force" games, is to atleast add 1 more force power to jump. As you can not perform all acrobatic moves or kick without atleast force lvl 2 in jump.

Anyway, they should go for it. After all, most people would buy it. So there is definately money in it. Perhaps not as much if they do an MP only expansion. But hey, for those people, there could be a more nicer option for bots. As unreal tournament. SP players would enjoy aswell, in "MP" games towards computer controlled enemies.

That's my 2 cents. So....the answer to your question for me will be
...........................................YES.... .................................................. .

:lsduel: :lsduel:

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:18 PM
ok, who are the dudes who voted no? let me at 'em !!

;)

CupO'Coffee
04-20-2002, 02:37 PM
i hear you kritschewsky, i too think that they should make a mp exp only. simply because the multiplayer part of the game is the part that keeps it alive, because through the mp a living community is established

jussi
04-20-2002, 04:00 PM
I'd definetly want a SP and MP expansion. As for an SP expansion, I'd love to see an adventure from a Sith point of view, not a jedi of anykind, nor a mercenary. It could be some sabotage missions against New Rebuplic with killing some rebels and jedi's, maybe alongside with stormtroopers.
Both SP and MP exp's would be the best solution, but i guess it's not going to happen.

yoda_alex
04-20-2002, 04:20 PM
A SP expansion would be a great idea in my opinion.

What about playing through the JO storyline but from Luke's pespective. This would allow you to start with all your force powers - which would shorten the expansion but still make it really enjoyable. You would get to fight Desann, go to the valley of the jedi (which means you could have some really visually impressing levels), turn up in cairn and have loads of fights with the reborn/shadowtroopers in the last few level's. Not sure what you'd do for a finale though.

Playing as Luke would allow you to include the "virtual acadamy" (spelling?) idea, you would simply be the master of the acadamy inspecting the facilities.

As for a MP expansion, how much are you really willing to pay for a few new skins. OK, the extra maps would be good, but in the end they've got to make it marketable. Others may not agree, but I don't like MP that much - the sabre fights are nowhere near as good as in SP and there are far too many people who just run around with guns, backpedaling and firing at you! Also, the fact I've only got a 56k modem doesn't help.......

JimLad
04-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Can't really play the same story from Luke's perspective, everyone would already know the story. However - I'm sure Luke is always going on adventures so maybe a SP addon pack could let us play as him. I would like to go to Coruscant (more than just a cut scene as in JO), I think Raven could do a good job of that (they did a sterling job with Bespin). Except this time there could be NPC's scattered about to give the correct atmosphere. Luke could hook up with Han Solo or something. Another thing which would be good is to be part of a landing party that returns to the evacuated base on Hoth where something sinister could be taking place. I'm sure Raven could come up with some good ideas :)

yoda_alex
04-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Opposing force told the halflife story from the other side, and I think opfor was better than half life. People want extra details, thats why there was so much interest in episode 1. I think it would be cool to see the jedi drive desann out of the valley etc..

The important thing is that any new levels are balanced. And a few extra animations wouldn't hurt either.

But I agree about Coruscant and Hoth. And lets have some malfunctioning hyperdrives!

hornedreaper33
04-20-2002, 08:05 PM
I think there should be an expansion. A whole new story from the sith point of view. That would be great:bdroid2:

jussi
04-20-2002, 08:07 PM
I think it's about time to make a story where you play as Sith lord or apprentice, with that black outfit and red saber. It could also rely more on stealth, cause i guess The Sith isn't in common knowledge and they don't want to be revealed.