PDA

View Full Version : Cartwheel and Butterfly mod...no joke

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 02:14 PM
I'm at work and I saw this. I can't test it since I'm at work, but check out the screenshots on the page and try the mod. The shots look real to me. Hope it works, for all our sakes. Look under the "Animation" heading on the home page.

http://modcentral.jediknightii.net/

Irimi-Ai

tam
04-19-2002, 02:20 PM
they may have edited the jump animations, but for which jumps are those for? backflip, front flip, etc

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Read the readme.txt with the download. Here's what it says:

"Changes the rolling animations with butterflies and cartwheels, it doesnt work perfect, but looks cool ;)"

and:

"Kyle slides while doing the moves, because he is supossed to be rolling...I changed the wallflip animation to one where you fall heading backwards, but you turn forward again just when you touch the floor(Any idea how to do this?)."

Irimi-Ai

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Any luck with it? I won't be able to try it out for another 2 hours.

Irimi-Ai

Valdarious
04-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I have had an altered animation.cfg for about a week now, I posted about in a couple threads already. It changes the rolls to be butterflies but when you do this the animation moves you about 5x the distance of a normal roll. It was fun to play with but thats about it.

EekTheKat
04-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Looks like it works - and you do slide around quite a bit during the animation.

Just some random notes:

Works in SP and MP. Roll animations are completely replaced with the aforementioned 3 moves.

Wonder if there's a way to trim down the roll distance or something.....

Also, I tested a quick MP game (one computer with the mod, the other without)with one computer that didn't have the mod installed, and on the screen (of the modless computer) the people were still rolling.

On the computer with the mod installed, everyone was doing cartwheels + butterfly kicks on their respective screens.

tam
04-19-2002, 03:07 PM
cant u just bind the animations to different keys rather than overwriting the old animations, i rather like the rolls how they are...

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 03:22 PM
I've fixed the mod so that you don't slide around anymore. See I figured the game would keep you moving for as long as the animation played itself out, and I was right. So, what I did was just set the animation length to be exactly as long as the roll animation, so you don't get the super distance glide effect. It still needs some tweaks, but I'll email the guys at modcentral the new file. w00t!

EDIT: I've posted a web site that you can download the FIXED animation pk3. Just look further in the thread.

http://www.captioncontest.net/newmoves.pk3.zip
or get it here:
http://www.freeweb.now.nu/shenron/newmoves.pk3
ahh heck...there it is...:D

EekTheKat
04-19-2002, 03:43 PM
Edit - Nevermind. It just felt that way due to the current odd animation timing and the smaller duel maps I've been playing on

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I've got the butterfly animations tweaked and stuff now, so you don't glide anymore, and I'm working on getting the character's dodges built in as well. So theoretically, you could actually DODGE saber and gun attacks by leaning left and right...

TrUeFoRcE
04-19-2002, 04:48 PM
itd be kinda hard to find even more keys to bind the dodge too...couldnt u just set forcedodge to 100 for every gun?

Yagyu
04-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi folks,

@ Lord Nodata: Could you send me the file via email? I would really appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

mailto: FACS_Ronin@web.de

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 05:04 PM
on it's way...

will be coming from cdorff@estimating4u.com

Yagyu
04-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Thanx Lord.
I´ll include you in my prayers tonight ;)

May the force never run out on you.

Kudos to you. I just tested the file and i must say you improved it a hundredfold.

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Lord Nodata:

Please send me a copy as well. I'm looking forward to trying your tweaked version:

irimi_ai@hotmail.com

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 05:21 PM
sent...I also sent a copy to modcentral...dunno when/if they'll post the "fix" though.

enDless_Deliriu
04-19-2002, 05:23 PM
me too me too!

Scifigame@aol.com

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by enDless_Deliriu
me too me too!

Scifigame@aol.com

sent to you too

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 05:43 PM
thanks again for the file, lord nodata. it's working in MP, but it's not in SP. someone above said it was working in both. what am i doing wrong? i just dropped the .pk3 in the the gamedata/base directory. anything i'm missing?

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 05:45 PM
dunno, I didn't know it worked in Singleplayer before...I surely didn't change anything that would STOP it from working in singleplayer, so I doubt the original worked in single as well.:confused:

TheDarkJedi
04-19-2002, 06:01 PM
can u please send it to jrf107@hotmail.com too? thanks

Beulvar
04-19-2002, 06:02 PM
could you send it to me as well?

beulvar@hotmail.com

Beulvar

tam
04-19-2002, 06:31 PM
umm send to me too at rfz_tam@hotmail.com

or tell me which value to edit and i'll edit it myself.

one thing i found odd, i thought that side roll would be better suited for a cartwheel, back and forward roll would be better for a butterfly. can anyone remodify it? lol

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 06:36 PM
hmm...those directions might seem more natural. good idea. i'd like to try it that way.

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 06:52 PM
All sent...sorry it took so long, was playing Tenchu...heh.:D

[-X-] Vagabond
04-19-2002, 06:52 PM
I want also the tweaked Version.
Thanks anyway :-)

Please send to cweingart@web.de

Şith£ord
04-19-2002, 06:53 PM
if you could send it to me I would appreciate it

patricksmith63@hotmail.com

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 06:55 PM
sent again...I hope modcentral puts up the fixed version...my email is getting tired! hehe:D

Lord Odisse
04-19-2002, 07:05 PM
:D

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 07:18 PM
anyone getting this to work in SP? if so, please tell me how. if not, any ideas on how to get it to work in SP?

also, i was thinking about the moves. here's what i think would be nice:

original move ==> new move

left roll ==> left cartwheel
right roll ==> right cartwheel
forward roll ==> forward butterfly *kick*
backward roll ==> backward butterfly *twist*

right now, a right roll does the butterfly kick, and a left roll does the butterfly twist. check out the difference. putting the kick forward could push people and it has a shorter recovery period. the butterfly twist seems more defensive and has a little longer recovery period, so putting it on the backward roll makes sense to me.

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 07:23 PM
sent again...Also, I just made another version where it took out the stupid wall fliping twist that he added that didn't work. I mean you would kick off a wall and turn around in mid air, but the view would stay facing forward, so it really didn't make sense...blah.

-nodata

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 07:24 PM
good. i didn't like that either.

nodata: read my post above. any way to do this?

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 07:28 PM
as soon as my web server is back up (prays to the maker that is SOON!) I will post the newer version of the file.

As for what you're asking, this is what I think will happen. If you move the butterfly to forward or backwards, then you will have the character standing sideways yet doing a forward movement...it looks all funky....:p

Alaire
04-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Could I get a copy too? tame2001@hotmail.com

Thanks a ton this sounds awesome and I can't wait to try it.

d4rth_b0b4
04-19-2002, 07:39 PM
akennedy64@attbi.com

thnx :D

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 07:41 PM
yep...uh huh.

m9e
04-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Send it to swu2@socal.rr.com pretty please?

JediDante
04-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Could I also get a copy!? JediConker@yahoo.com
I have the normal one and it does work in SP which makes it totally rad! But the MP just sucks! So if you could send your new one this way that would be great!

Kuhan
04-19-2002, 07:49 PM
dont forget me hehe. Thanks a bunch :D :D

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 07:52 PM
here's the web address to download the fixed animation file...(for those of you that originally got it in an email from me, you WILL need this new one as it includes the fix for the wall flip stupidity)

http://www.captioncontest.net/newmoves.pk3.zip

just put that file in your jedi outcast BASE directory and you should be set to go!

Kuhan
04-19-2002, 08:08 PM
umm it isnt working. I dont see a .pk3 file in the zip. What do I put in which directory? Thanks again

Coran
04-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Is there a way to get it without eliminating the roll? That'd be awesome to be able to have both. You rock Lord Nodata!

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 09:23 PM
once you download that zip, just rename it. Take the zip extension off the end of it so that you just have newmoves.pk3 and it should work fine.

Lord Nodata
04-19-2002, 09:35 PM
I've talked to modcentral about it and the soonest they can put up the new file will be tomorrow...:(

Kuhan
04-19-2002, 09:40 PM
when i downloaded i got a file called newmoves.pk3.zip so when it unzipped it was called newmoves.pk3. I then put that in the base folder and still nothing happens. what do i have to change. sorry if im being a bother

Kuhan
04-19-2002, 10:30 PM
anyone? :(

Irimi-Ai
04-19-2002, 11:56 PM
nodata:

i see what you're saying about the butterflies and forward/backward movement. also, JediDante posted above that the original, untweaked mod does work in SP. any way we can get your better tweaked version to work in SP? sorry if i'm being a real pain...i just think these animations are more interesting than the rolls, and would love to have it in SP. if i'm being a pain, tell me to buzz off and i will.

Irimi-Ai

Irimi-Ai
04-20-2002, 11:37 AM
bump

D.L.
04-20-2002, 01:11 PM
I got the mod 2 days ago.

It goes WAY too fast in MP and you can easily cover the whole bottom level of Bespin in less than 2 cartwheels.

It's a lot slower in SP though the finishing animation shows Kyle sliding

Irimi-Ai
04-20-2002, 04:00 PM
get the tweaked version that nodata put out. it fixes those problems.

Irimi-Ai

CrevisX9
04-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Hey Lord Nodata ive got a question for you. I got your mod yesterday and iam very pleased with it. My question is, when I was playing i did a butterfly right in front of a stormt and he did a back flip. So I was wondering did you make the mod so you can kick people while doing the moves? Iam not sure if it was me that kicked him or if jan shot him(she was there shooting people) so i really dont know. If you didnt make it so you can kick people, would it be possible for you to modify it even more so that you can kick people? Lastly does anybody know when we will be able to edit force powers?

PurplWulf
04-20-2002, 05:33 PM
I got nadota's updated file and it worked fine for me in SP and MP
but after seeing the butterfly I changed mine so that when you roll left, you cartwheel left instead, and when you roll right you cartwheel right instead. it looks much better than the roll, and seems to match up pretty good with the distance and speed.

the butterfly move is too long and is practically a blur when you change to that animation, it's so fast you can barely see what's being done.

my forward roll is set for the butterfly_fr1 which works really well, but in the SP I noticed that I do actually do damage to NPC's as I butterfly thru them if my saber touches them.

the purple one

Kuhan
04-20-2002, 07:30 PM
man this sux. it seems like everyone has got it to work but me. If the file were simply a pk3 file then it would be easy. what did you guys do to get it working

Irimi-Ai
04-20-2002, 08:43 PM
PurplWulf:

How did you get the tweaked version to work in SP? I dropped in the base directory and it won't work in SP. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd *really* appreciate it if you would please email me your version. I think sideways cartwheels would be better than butterflies, too. Or, tell me how to do it so I can stop bothering you and nodata.

irimi_ai@hotmail.com

Kuhan:

I'm not sure if you mean you can't get it to work in SP. I can't get it to work in SP either. It works in MP for me, though. Just drop the *.pk3 file into the 'base' directory and fire up a MP game. Open up the *.pk3 file with a ZIP program and make sure there is a file called animation.cfg in there. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you as I know nothing about editing or the innards of the JO program.

Irimi-Ai

Patrickj64_ak
04-20-2002, 08:52 PM
well,, took me awhile to get it to work to....i had to download that pk3 prrogram and used it to make the .pk3 file instead of having the pk3 folder..and now it works....

PurplWulf
04-20-2002, 08:54 PM
I emailed the files to your account, you should have them anytime

I tried once and it failed, then tried again and worked, so you might two copies, not sure what happened there

HTH

the purple one

Kreuzader
04-20-2002, 08:55 PM
... this is bad ass NoData, thanks!

Also, did any mod on the games forum ever give you any probs on SA for using the ATTENTION tag? If you need someone else to vouch for yah let me know.

Galakgorr
04-20-2002, 11:37 PM
This looks really cool! I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it... people have been talking about those moves in the forums since the game came out.

Only problem I see is that rolls are our friends. Any way we can keep those in addition to the new ones?:fett:

Lord Nodata
04-20-2002, 11:55 PM
I haven't been banned from SA....YET. I hope I don't though, I seriously didn't know about the attention tag...sucks.

Anyway, when you download the modified file. If you get a file that is newmoves.pk3.zip just RENAME IT to newmoves.pk3. DON'T unzip it. And it should work.

As far as it not working in single player. I have NO IDEA why that would happen. What I did was replace the animations for the roll. If you can roll in single player, you should be able to do the butterlfy with the mod...make sure you can roll.

PurplWulf
04-21-2002, 12:36 AM
I think the reason it's not working for some people in MP is that they are installing the file, and then loading a saved game from BEFORE the mod. this is generally a bad idea for any mod.

if you install a mod and want to see if it's working, either load a new game from the beginning, or spawn a new map by typing:
map [map name here]

then you can truly see if the mod is working or not.

saved games store more information than just where in a level you should start, and it creates alot of conflicts when you add a new mod and try and use a game that was saved prior to that.

HTH

the purple one

Irimi-Ai
04-21-2002, 02:50 AM
PurplWulf is right. i had this problem, then i loaded a game that wasn't a saved game and it works fine. Purplwulf and I have made some of our own changes to the animation.cfg file. i'm not sure what Pwulf has in his right now, but mine has the ariel (the cartwheel with *no* hands) instead of rolling left and rolling right. i like this better because i think it looks better and the saber doesn't get dug into the ground. mine also has the right butterfly kick instead of forward roll (thanks to PurplWulf), but with the last spin removed so that the move is not so long and doesn't make you cross half the map when you do it. also, if you have a key bound to taunt in SP (the saber spinning above the hand move), your character will perform a left butterfly kick while stationary (don't ask me why)...good if you're surrounded. there is a way to keep both the rolls and some of the special moves in, but it really sucks. basically, there are two options that i'm aware of:
1. you give up jumping while strafing, which i'm not willing to do (don't flame me for being a bunny-hopper, as i hardly ever play MP and i don't bunny hop when i do play).
2. you replace the sideways dives with cartwheels/ariels. i like the dives so i want to keep them in. plus it's hard to hit dives everytime, so it would be harder to hit an ariel/cartwheel when you wanted to if you replaced the dives for them, which i don't want to do.

[edit] i just checked my email and i think PWulf and i have very similar, if not the same, animation.cfg's now.

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-21-2002, 02:53 AM
all of our animation woes will be gone when the source is released...:D

Lord Nodata
04-22-2002, 01:13 AM
to let you know the file has been mirrored on my site..:)

Irimi-Ai
04-22-2002, 02:42 AM
I don't have any webspace, so I can't host the file I made with arials and the shortened butterfly (different than nodata's). Anyone got any space they could host an 8 KB file?

Irimi-Ai

Bungalow
04-22-2002, 03:43 AM
What did you use to mod the file NoData?

Irimi-Ai
04-22-2002, 11:10 AM
well, since i made my own tweaks to the file i can tell you that you just need notepad, wordpad, or some other word processing program, as well as a ZIP program.

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-22-2002, 11:35 AM
I could host the file for you Irimi...email it to me.

shenron@tekken.cc

Irimi-Ai
04-22-2002, 02:42 PM
on it's way! thanks, nodata!!

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Irimi:

your file is up for download here:

http://www.freeweb.now.nu/shenron/IrimiAnimation.zip

enjoy!:D

Coronog
04-22-2002, 04:28 PM
NoData, the link is broken (for me atleast). I would really appreciate it if you could email Irmi's version to me. coronog@hotmail.com
Thanks.

Lord Nodata
04-22-2002, 04:40 PM
try it again, it's working off and on...my web space is finiky, but I can't complain cause it's 200meg freespace unlimited bandwidth for free...:cool:

Coronog
04-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Nope, still doens't work. It tells me the file does not exsist. Could you email me it anyway? Thanks.

Irimi-Ai
04-22-2002, 07:00 PM
thanks again, nodata.

Coronog:
please tell me what you think of it, and any suggestions you might have. this goes for anyone who might test it out.

thanks

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-22-2002, 07:53 PM
nevermind..aparently the site hosting my webpage doesn't like file linking or image hosting...so my account is gone...sorry

Irimi-Ai
04-23-2002, 12:39 AM
thanks for trying, nodata. Coronog, i'm emailing you my version. please let me know what you think.

Irimi-Ai

Delitax_Hyral
04-23-2002, 01:34 AM
ravenscale@hotmail.com

Would appreciate it if you could send me your version, too...please ;D.

Striker III
04-23-2002, 05:10 AM
quickie question :

i used to be able to stand still and the sabre would continue to swing around me
installed the "newmoves.pk3" file and sometimes i cant even click the mouse1 to attack
i have to be moving ..
is this a side effect?

thanks for any replies

Khaydarin
04-23-2002, 06:10 AM
I ve download the patch , but i have the same prob as before ... ( the guy slides too much etc .... )
I would appreciate if so cold send his version

XLR8@noos.fr

thx in advance

Legend Of Khaydarin

D.L.
04-23-2002, 06:38 AM
*phew*

I got the file before it went down.

This is much better than the other one. Sliding is drastically reduced. It's barely noticable in SP and non existant in MP.

lionknight
04-23-2002, 08:51 AM
I can't get the last set of moves to work I had the slide cartwheel working but not the fixed ones. I removed the old cool moves file, should I of left them both in the base directory. I also have a few other pk in the file for example the german dismemberment one that works excellent, do your pk work when you have these other pk aswell? Please Help. Many Thanks

My Email is leoking13@prodigy.net

mtrixman
04-23-2002, 12:45 PM
i renamed the animation.cfg to .pk3 and its not working. can someone just makes the file to drop into the base folder?

Lord Nodata
04-23-2002, 01:57 PM
the file i made can just be dropped into the base folder...:D

Irimi-Ai
04-23-2002, 04:28 PM
i'm at work so i can't email my version to any of you until i get home (about 8 hours from now). i will email them out as soon as i get home though. for anyone who tries my version, please tell me what you think about it and any suggestions you may have. my version is a ZIP file with the pk3 and a readme file. so, if you try to use mine, DO NOT SIMPLY RENAME IT AS A ZIP FILE. it will not work that way. you will have to extract the pk3 file. then, you only have to drop it in the base directory.

lionknight:
the readme i include in the ZIP file also suggests to remove any other animation pk3's from the directory so that they will not conflict. i'm not sure about conflicts with all other pk3's as i haven't tested with all the pk3's out there. so, there might be a conflict, but i can't say for sure.

Striker III:
i haven't experienced this with my version or nodata's version. it wasn't clear who's version you are using. if it's the original one, i can't really say as i never tried that one. the only thing that comes to mind is some pk3 conflict or mouse input issue (?).

Irimi-Ai

lionknight
04-23-2002, 05:34 PM
I would like to take the time to thank you guys for the mods. I think they are a great addition to an already excellent game. I finally got it to work and they kick ass, the problem many people are having is that they need to load a new map or new game then it will work. It was not working for me but now it is, when I load a new game or map. How many mods are there now, I am getting a little confused. I think there is three, Irimi's original the Lord's modified version which is the latest one I am using and another modified version from Irimi, which I would like to test out if you can send it to me. Many Many Thanks
Leoking13@prodigy.net
P.S. On another note you guys really need to check out Game commander 2. I picked it up for 10.00. It is a voice command controll that works great. You assign the commands to the forces and the weapons and it frees up your mouse, Joystick, and Keyboard buttons for other commands. For example the new taunt spin attack, I have that assigned to one of my five mouse buttons, its a whole move in itself now Thanks, Muncho Thanks

mtrixman
04-23-2002, 07:19 PM
if you guys make a animations.pk3 or some easy file that can be dropped into the base folder please email it to me at mtrixman@hotmail.com . ive tried everything and its not working atm :(

Jiro Kage
04-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Lord Nodata
sent again...I hope modcentral puts up the fixed version...my email is getting tired! hehe:D

How about posting a link to where it is in modcentral? I haven't seen it on that site yet.

Lord Nodata
04-23-2002, 07:48 PM
it's not on modcentral, and I have no idea why!?

Anyway, if you want the fixed versions, there's links to them in my first post on this thread. Thanks!

Bungalow
04-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Go into accessories then access command prompt go into your JO folder and rename it using Command Prompt:
ren newmoves.pk3.zip newmoves.pk3

mtrixman
04-23-2002, 09:21 PM
it wont work in multi player games unless i create a server :*(

Irimi-Ai
04-23-2002, 11:36 PM
ok, i'm at home (finally). i'm not sure who has my version or who wants it, so i'm just going to email it out to everyone who requested a copy of the mod. also, i've only made one version of the mod, not two. the original was by Samsagaz. then nodata tweaked it, then i just added and tweaked nodata's version. i'm just adding to what others have already done to get a mod that i like. if others like it, great! anyway, emails are being sent out now.

Irimi-Ai

PS with the file i send, DO NOT SIMPLY RENAME IT AS A ZIP FILE...you need to unzip it to get the pk3 and the readme. please, if you have questions or problems, read the readme.txt first, as i tried to answer questions in that.

PPS do you guys think it would be worthwhile to submit it to jediknightii.net?

Jedith
04-24-2002, 12:37 AM
can you mail me one? tonylew84@yahoo.com
thanks!!

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 01:25 AM
ok, just got done with a new version (this one is a lot better IMO). here's the changes from the readme i include:

Original Move ==> New Move

Roll Left ==> Ariel left
Roll Right ==> Ariel right
Roll Back ==> Left Butterfly with twist/barrel roll (it looks fine, i'm just giving the name of the move that's in the animation.cfg file)
Roll Forward ==> Modified Right Butterfly with kick
Lunge ==> Modified Death spin (you must see it!)
All getup
animations ==> "Force" get-up animations

so, added the new butterfly for backward roll, the death spin move (you have to try it!), and the get-up animations.

i replaced the lunge with the death spin because frankly, i like the blue stance and i thought this move might encourage people to use it more.

also, since all the get-up animations are now "force" get-up animations, any time you are knocked down you should only have to hit the jump button ONCE instead of repeatedly. when you do, your character will perform one of 5 force get-up animations (a la agent smith in matrix, neo in the subway, neo in the dojo, etc.). i have not extensively tested the get-up animations, because it's easier to do in MP, but i don't have much time to get on MP, test it real quick, go offline to tweak, go into MP again to test, etc. etc.

i will send out this revised version to all of those i sent my last one to. as usual, any comments and suggestions would be great.

Irimi-Ai

svein_c
04-24-2002, 01:21 PM
Can u send it to me? please!? numlock71@hotmail.com

Lord Nodata
04-24-2002, 02:27 PM
What is this "death spin" you speak of? (from one animation editor to another, just give me the name of the animation so I can look it up and see what it looks like..:D )

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 02:32 PM
nodata:

it's the animation called FJSS_TR_BR, and it's frames 6111-6206. (i think it stands for "force jump saber spin_turn right_back right")

Irimi-Ai

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 02:37 PM
ok, sorry for all the versions coming out so quick. the latest one i have is what i'm calling version 105. it really tweaks the force get-up animations and knockdown animations. here's a snippet from the readme:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Changed some of the get-up animations back to the default. I realized that if all get-up animations used the force, then you wouldn't be able to get up if you had no force. Oops. Now, there is the default "no force" get-up animations for when you are knocked back and knocked forward and have no force. If you are knocked down and have no force or don't want to use a Force get-up move, either press the *crouch* key repeatedly to get up. Or, press and hold crouch, then press jump to get up (this one works sometimes, but I can't consistently replicate it).

-Changed the length of two knockdown animations. The default light/medium power knocked backwards and knocked forwards animations were shortened so that you are not lying there vulnerable for so long. However, I left the more powerful knockback animations with the longer recovery period. Thus, if you knock someone backwards/forwards lightly or at a medium level, they will be able to get up quicker. If you knock someone
backwards/forwards strongly, it will take them longer to recover.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

read the readme for a list of the specific animations and a lot more. i'm emailing this out to the same people i have before.

Irimi-Ai

Beulvar
04-24-2002, 03:47 PM
could you send me the updated version?

beulvar@hotmail.com

thanks

Beulvar

Territo
04-24-2002, 03:55 PM
I want to check these out, send it to me too please. MrTerrito@aol.com

Jediknight786
04-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Hey guys,

I don't want to burden anyone b/c of all the requests, but could you send me the latest version of the mod? Thanks.

jediknight786@hotmail.com

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
i'm at work now, and won't be home for another 3 hours. when i get home, i'll email it to you guys. i submitted the mod to both massassi and jediknightii.net. since the levels section here is broken, it may not show up for a while. plus, i've sent both of these places 2 versions of my mod within the past 12 hours, so they may be pissed. i just keep adding improvements, though.

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-24-2002, 05:48 PM
I say pissed or not, keep up the good work Irimi. I'll be able to give you some better feed back tonight after I test the mod. I'm not too sure that messing with the recovery times was a good idea....but I'll check it out and post my opinions here...thanks!:)

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 06:12 PM
i look forward to your feedback. i wasn't too sure about the recovery times, either. i tried doing the force get-up animations without modifying the recovery times and it didn't work that well. getting up regularly was just about as fast as getting up with the force. in both cases, once i got to a ready stance, i was usually dead. right as the animation would end and i was able to move, i would get struck down. i didn't see the point of having force-aided get-ups if they weren't faster and you still got killed. sure, it looks cool, but if you're dead what's the benefit for gameplay? that's why i shortened the recovery time. i could speed up the force get-up animations, but then you miss how cool they look because they go so fast. truth be told, i hadn't extensively tested this feature either. i tried and it seemed ok, but i'm still not sure about it either. if i don't like it or others don't like it, it's easy to switch it back in the next version (which i already know what i'm going to add).

Irimi-Ai

Lord Nodata
04-24-2002, 06:19 PM
well at least you gave it some thought, and didn't blindly modify it. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that if you have to expend a bit of force to get up, it should be faster and less hazardous then the normal get ups...:)

Irimi-Ai
04-24-2002, 08:13 PM
i tried it some more, and i think i like the shortened recovery periods. it makes more sense to me. i think you said exactly what i was thinking, just in a much clearer way. i also noticed that you no longer even have to press the jump key to use a force get-up move. the force-get up moves will happen automatically immediately after the knockdown animation completes. if you don't want to use a force get-up, you can still button-mash the crouch button and it will let you get up normally, so you are not forced to use the force get-ups.
the strong knockdowns with longer recovery time still happen enough to be a danger, so it's not like getting knocked down doesn't matter anymore.
i set it up so that appropriate get-up moves are associated with the strength of knockdown, direction, and defensive/offensive value. i tested it by fighting desann in god mode, setting my force pull/push to 0, and just letting him push/pull me around. pretty cool animations.
do you think the ariels and butterfly animations should be sped up?

Irimi-Ai

Tozier
04-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey, could you post the newest modified version to a website link like on the first page? I really don't feel like pestering you with my e-mail address.

TheDarkJedi
04-24-2002, 11:21 PM
hey can u send it here: jrf107@hotmail.com i really wanna see this "death spin"

Tozier
04-24-2002, 11:46 PM
What the hell... I need my 50 posts to remove that "Bantha Fodder" title. :D My e-mail is takemynamewillyou@hotmail.com if you feel like sending it.

Ten Tigers
04-25-2002, 01:00 AM
Roll that beautiful bean footage...

I'll take some at the_tiger_pit@hotmail.com .

I give you much thanks in advance bro. Everyone and their momma wants this...

KingDead
04-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Not to bothor you or nothing, but can I get it as well? I would love to be buterflying all over the place
....why dont you just throw it up on a host or something btw?

UncleNaughtyFingers@Hotmail.com

Irimi-Ai
04-25-2002, 02:40 AM
i sent out the latest version again. sorry it was a little late. i've been working on the next version. it's almost done. i fixed some sound problems, and i'm adding a couple of neat surprises. hopefully by tomorrow it will be done.

oh, and i did submit two versions to both massassi and jediknightii.net. don't know if they will put it up, and if they do, which version they will put up. either way, i'll probably have a newer one out by the time they post it. i need to get some webspace or something.

Irimi-Ai

run4jangofett
04-25-2002, 04:07 PM
I was just wandering if i can get the newest version of the mod.
kennysp4@hotmail.com:jango:

Coby
04-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Irimi could you send me the latest file please mate?

My e-mail is Fight_Music_13@hotmail.com

cheers,
Coby

the 7th Jedi
04-25-2002, 07:40 PM
could you pls. send the latest version at

rodjohn@edsamail.com.ph ?

I'd really like to try those 'new' moves out.
thanks.

overflow
04-25-2002, 07:46 PM
please post a link to it or email it to me

f.schoedl@kabsi.at

thx

Disemboweler
04-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Could I get the new version sen to me too if it's not too much trouble? thanks.

jared.white@umit.maine.edu

Darth Obvious
04-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Mind sending the latest version here please ? Thanks

rives@rivesandemily.net

w00bi
04-25-2002, 09:58 PM
Can u send it to me plz? w00bi3@hotmail.com

JediBlade
04-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Me too?

Please?

:D :D

Thanks in advance!

Broode
04-26-2002, 05:30 AM
ah what the hell
broode@start.com.au
please?

Irimi-Ai
04-26-2002, 10:56 AM
just sent it out.

JediBlade, post your email address and i'll send it. the email function is disabled by admin right now.

also, i'm working on a new version still. final exams are going on now, so it won't be out for about a week, though :( the new one will have fixed sounds, and more added animations.

Irimi-Ai

rr12
04-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Can it be sent to me to?

rr12@st-andrews.ac.uk

Khaydarin
04-26-2002, 01:01 PM
I just want to say thx to : Irimai-ai and mike butler for sending me the version of " cool moves "....

By the way , this version totally rocks but i still find that the forward rolling needs a little reajustement ( it s kinda too fast imo )...

Thx again
Legend Of Khaydarin

Ic3wind21
04-26-2002, 01:43 PM
I could use it too Icewind21@hotmail.com thanx!!

Irimi-Ai
04-26-2002, 03:53 PM
oh no! you've found me out!! hehe...Irimi-Ai and Mike Butler are the same person. i just use the email account on my cable modem ISP to send out the file because there's a boatload of people to send it to, and it's faster on the cable connection. oh, and you're welcome!! and thank you for the feedback. the more feedback i get, the better the mod can get.

if more people think the forward butterfly is too fast, let me know and i can slow it down. the next version won't be out for about a week due to final exams and such. though, i check this board every day so i will keep up with suggestions and what's going on.

Irimi-Ai

Alfyboy
04-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Send it my way too :)

alfredo_funk@hotmail.com

Dark Cloak
04-26-2002, 03:58 PM
If it's not too much to ask, could you please sent it to me, too? Thanks. :)
jalhan_taklor@hotmail.com

the 7th Jedi
04-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Irimi-Ai, is there some 'animation cfg editing' tutorial out there, or did you do it by just trial and error? i'd really want to edit 'new' moves from recycling existing ones.

Irimi-Ai
04-27-2002, 06:11 PM
no, there's no tutorial out there that i'm aware of. i just learned by looking at other people's work (e.g., nodata) and then just learned it. it's not that hard, really. i've done a few moves with what you're suggesting. that is, i've taken parts from existing moves and made new moves. i'm not totally happy with any that i've made yet. as far as creating new moves completely, you'd need SoftImage, plus a lot more knowledge and time than i have. hope this helps.

Irimi-Ai

Irimi-Ai
04-27-2002, 06:13 PM
new version (106) is out and being mailed to those on the list. i made a new thread because this one is getting too long.

Irimi-Ai