PDA

View Full Version : I think I found an easter egg!

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 12:37 PM
I was looking in the assets0.pk3 file with winzip and I noticed a file called "easter_egg.ibi".

The path says "scripts\cairn_dock1\" so there is an easter egg in that level I think!

I am not sure what a script is (i play games, not program them) but I am guessing the easter egg is in cairn_dock1.

I am sure someone has already pointed this out but just in case no one has posted this I am now so we can collectively search for the easter egg. I'm not sure what to look for so the more eyes searching means the greater chance of us finding it.

GonkH8er
04-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Well done... you're on your way.

Had to be a Queenslander to finally find it :)

you've narrowed it down to the map.... go forth my pretties...

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:05 PM
ok.. there a chocolate jedi medallion "collectors edition" to the one who finds this.

:D :D :D

Assault3000
04-20-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
Well done... you're on your way.

Had to be a Queenslander to finally find it :)

you've narrowed it down to the map.... go forth my pretties...
What you say?

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 02:07 PM
To Gonk:
Why thank you :) By the way, am I right in asuming your from QLD too?

To Assault3000:
Queensland is a state name. I won't tell you where though as since many Americans assume non-yanks know state names of their land, I shall assume yanks know my lands state names.

Assault3000
04-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Not that I mean whats he mean by go fourth my pretties?

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Ed's no yank..

:trooper: HEY, YOU THERE!

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:16 PM
assault: he ment you where pretty

Assault3000
04-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by power_ed
assault: he ment you where pretty

WHAT!? Hey, you there!:explode:

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Gonkh8er, do you know what the easter egg is? You don't need to tell me what it is or where it is if you prefer, but could you tell me whether there is indeed a easter egg there? Its only a theory of mine at the moment until its proven, so there is a chance there is nothing there.

And Assualt, Gonk was basicly saying us, the pretties (aka what minions are called by a mad scientist - Gonk being the mad scientist) to go forth and do his bidding. In this case it is finding the easter egg if there is one there to be found.

Oh and Gonk, how many easter eggs are there in the game? I only saw one easter_egg file but I could have missed one or two.

Darth Abbadon
04-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by obijonkenobi
To Gonk:
Why thank you :) By the way, am I right in asuming your from QLD too?

To Assault3000:
Queensland is a state name. I won't tell you where though as since many Americans assume non-yanks know state names of their land, I shall assume yanks know my lands state names.
I don't know all of the state names of where you are, but I know your's thankfully. How are you enjoying fall in Oz?

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Abbadon

I don't know all of the state names of where you are, but I know your's thankfully. How are you enjoying fall in Oz?

Some people think Queensland is a place in the United Kingdom!

Assault3000
04-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by obijonkenobi

Some people think Queensland is a place in the United Kingdom!

Is it?

D'akt Sangwar
04-20-2002, 02:35 PM
nop
but back to the egggggg

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:38 PM
is the egg in UK?

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Yes - here is some tips..

* Use "noclip" to get behind locked doors.
* Try to destroy any crate, or grate you see.
* Go to areas of the map which would lead you out of the way of the "right path to the next level"

If you can think of any other tips to possibly find an easter egg let us know.

And everyone who wants to find it keep searching that level!

Teamwork people, teamwork!

Oh and if you find it, post it here please - I know I will be. Share information :)

power_ed
04-20-2002, 02:42 PM
The official: JK II egghunt 2002 :D

Darth Abbadon
04-20-2002, 03:21 PM
Alright, I opened up that .ibi file and have found it has a whole bunch of SET_ANIMFRAME commands in it, and references easter_egg1 through easter_egg12 as well. Is this of any use to you all?

power_ed
04-20-2002, 03:23 PM
hmm... dont know what the aniframe command is.. sorry

Zek
04-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Someone just turn on noclip and notarget and fly around the level until you see a room or something you don't recognize.

Darth Abbadon
04-20-2002, 03:30 PM
I already did that and didn't find a thing except the area you see if you are captured from someone activating an alarm console.

R!zz0
04-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I had a quick look as well, nothing I can see.

It is a good level for an easter egg though, because for most of it you aren 't allowed to be spotted, so you can't just run round looking for secrets, you have to aviod detection at the same time.

Zek
04-20-2002, 03:50 PM
The only place you can't kill everyone in the room in that level is the room where you have to turn off the lights, because the officer at the alarm can't be killed. Other than that you can kill the whole level as long as no one gets to the alarm.

PurplWulf
04-20-2002, 03:54 PM
no luck with the easter egg hunt so far, but I did find the answer to a question someone had asked on the boards about spawning force cubes to automatically start a level with certain force powers so they didn't have to activate the cheats etc... each time.

in the start.ibi in each level folder, at the bottom it has the values for the force level for each power you'll have when you spawn into that level

if you modified each of the start.ibi files to include level 3 force for each power, you'd automatically start each level with full force powers and wouldn't need to activate any cheats to do it.

the purple one

Tree
04-20-2002, 04:17 PM
Think I found it but I must warn you it is a MINOR easter egg if I'm right.

It look like just a re-creation of the cell-block from a new hope.

Ya know where they dress up as Stromtroopers and put Chewie in Binding cuffs.

No offense to raven but its not even worth looking for.

Unless there is more to it.

You have to have no-clip on to find it. There is no way to get to it normally.

power_ed
04-20-2002, 04:21 PM
found that one too.. i dont think thats even worthy off beeing an easter egg if thats it?

PurplWulf
04-20-2002, 04:24 PM
would that really need an easter egg file though?
I mean if it's just a section of the map that's normally not accessible?

in the easter egg file it's pointing to animframe files or settings, so I assumed there would be an animation of some sort if you found the easter egg.

the purple one

Zek
04-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Tree, I believe you're referring to the place where you see Kyle being interrogated if someone sets off the alarm. Not an easter egg.

obijonkenobi
04-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Yes that detention area mentioned just above is the place your held at if your discovered... I know this the hard way all too well hehe

Tree
04-20-2002, 05:04 PM
Oops sorry guys.

I didn't know cause I got sick of all the lame ass puzzles and just skipped to the end to beat des-ann.

Thought I was smart :/

Mechstra
04-20-2002, 05:20 PM
Hmm, if you skipped to the end to beat Desann, you missed some of the funnest sequences in the game, e.g.:

The AT-ST level on Yavin, the Tie-Fighter shootings on the Doomgiver, the hangar bay clearing on the Doomgiver, some amazing lightsaber fights, the list goes on.

SPY_jmr1
04-20-2002, 06:16 PM
ok guys you got taken.... heres the deal, its NOT a EE AT ALL! we had this talk a while back, but i cant find the page. all it is, is the giant EGG shaped objects wich will fry you unless you throw the switch and turn them off

sorry guys, some programmer at raven just has a sick mind:D

it's kinda silly imho, i mean its all out in the open.....:cool:

Azraelt
04-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Once I went down to Florda and some guy asked me where I was from, here is the conversation.

*American*: Hey, where ya from?

*Me*: Canada.

*American*: Oh? Your European, eh?!

*Me*:.......Good Bye.

inpheaux
04-20-2002, 06:25 PM
the "easter egg" isn't an easter egg. they're the large egg-shaped electrified things that you had to run through. the script file does nothing but turn them on and off, and make them electrified.

we went through this over on the jedi-outcast.com forums (http://www.jedi-outcast.com/forums/) back on april first, of all days. here's a link to the thread in question (http://www.jedi-outcast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=997)

dan123
04-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted byAssault3000

What you say?

somebody set up us the bomb!

HBK
04-20-2002, 06:49 PM
You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

Mechstra
04-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok, so it's not an easter egg.

Pity.

Assault3000
04-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Darn, I was hoping there would be another Max like in Jedi Knight.

D'akt Sangwar
04-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by HBK
You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

looooooool
gotta love that
the game sucks big time though

digl
04-20-2002, 09:08 PM
aybabtu? :lol:

Hypnotoad
04-20-2002, 09:38 PM
I like easter. I like chocolate. I like eggs. I like to eat eggs that are chocolate on easter.

subedii
04-20-2002, 09:58 PM
To those of you who don't get the whole "someone set up us the bomb" thing might want to check out:

this site (http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf)

and

this site (http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/)

Porbably worth seeing at least once (yes I know it's unrelated, but it's funny)

Operator: We get Signal

Captain: What?

Operator:Main Screen Turn on

Captain: It's you!

Cats: How are you Gentlemen!!
Cats: All your base are belong to us.

PolarWind
04-20-2002, 10:13 PM
I've finished the Stealth Level, and I don't know what part you're talking about where I had to turn off some lights. I mean, the only part where I didn't just slay everyone was the room with the imperial right next to the switch.

I just used force speed, jumped over the stormies, ran to the door, threw the switch, went in, threw the other switch, and got through. I guess I missed an easier way, eh?

Digital_Ronin
04-20-2002, 10:29 PM
aybabtu. definitively.

Take off every zig. :D

GlobuleSO
04-20-2002, 11:13 PM
For great justice.

SPY_jmr1
04-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by inpheaux

we went through this over on the jedi-outcast.com forums (http://www.jedi-outcast.com/forums/) back on april first, of all days. here's a link to the thread in question (http://www.jedi-outcast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=997)

hmm no wonder I could not find it on the jkii.net fourms..... 37 pages for nothing....:D :cool:

bigl523
04-20-2002, 11:44 PM
ok, i'm not sure if anybody knows about this, but i found it out accidentally years ago. in the level where you have to force jump at the end onto that guys ship, if you just turn on noclip or turn around right after you land, you can see a big mural of Max's face on the wall. it was pretty cool when i found this for the first time. did anybody else find this too?

obijonkenobi
04-21-2002, 12:35 AM
Yes, and really early in this thread I also said where the better easter egg was too :)