PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Make My Own Mp3s Play In The Game

The Count
04-20-2002, 12:14 PM
I Would Like To Know

Wes Janson SMR
04-20-2002, 04:26 PM
You either need a sound editor that can work with MP3 files, such as the expensive Cool Edit Pro, or you can work with WAV files, and use a converter to convert them to MP3s.

MusicMatch Jukebox is good for the conversions, because it's free.

power_ed
04-20-2002, 04:46 PM
when ever i try to change the in game music from the assets.pk3 i alway get a "invalid game folde" error..

i record them in mp3 - VBR format just like the game

i name 'em exactly the same as the ones i am replacing..

i even make sure it's the same path: music/mp/duel.mp (or other)

i still get the same error.. what am i doing wrong?

creamy
04-20-2002, 05:36 PM
could be a mp problem cuz i can change musik on the sp ladder level i just change name on them and replace

Simplex
04-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Okay so, in the LADDER single player level.....is the only song that plays by default "Smack My ***** Up"? I opened the file and saw that there is also a Conan.mp3, Kombat.mp3, and another. They are alright songs too, like the MortalKombat one, but how do I get them to play?

"Smack My ***** Up" just plays over, and over, and overrrrr.

ALSO......how do I zip my own music to put them into the game, so I can load songs I want?

Cracked
04-20-2002, 07:23 PM
i just bring up winamp with my JK2 list, turn the ingame music all the way down, and play the game. sure, i can't time the music for when, say someone challenges me to a duel, but it works.

Pseudonym
04-20-2002, 07:27 PM
"Smack My ***** Up" owns. The other two are the songs it plays when you fight Desan.
You can download the non-musical version if you don't like it, and there's probably a way to add your own music in.