PDA

View Full Version : An adventure in Mrear: A fantasy RPG

Deac
04-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok! This is it! A fantasy RPG! (Read the rules and character creation section)

A world of magic, mystery and monsters, Mrear is the setting for this adventure. It is primarily one large continent, with the richer, fertile south, the harsh northern mountains, the warm eastern tropics and the desert to the west. Our tale begins in the Northern land of Rytho, a mountain kingdom. In a small villiage of Yukol, a band of heroes is about to meet for the first time. Though they do not yet know it, their actions will shape the world, and things to come...

Deac
04-20-2002, 02:31 PM
*Starfor sits at a table in the corner, his helm on the table. He is eating a meal of boar and drinking ale. He wishes he'd never come to this place. People don't seem to want Paladins up here, yet Starfor can sense a great evil is no so far away. He pulls his cloak over his plate mail*

Redwing
04-21-2002, 08:47 PM
*Two hooded and cloaked figures enter the bar. ((OOS: it's a bar right? lol)) One carries a staff and walks with an authoritave stance. The other sort of shrinks behind the one with a staff, following him closely. The man with a staff looks around the bar, as if trying to find someone.*

Deac
04-22-2002, 05:01 PM
*A voice whispers in Starfor's ear. It is the voice of the Hawk on his charmed platemail. Starfor was given it to him by his mentor, Sir Kylor Ferray. The Hawk is a symbol of Furro, God of The Righteous Blade*

Hawk: Hey, Starfor, check out those guys! They look like mages!

Quiet! I'm in enough trouble after that demon escapade. The last thing I need is for the whole bar to know I wear talking platemail...

Redwing
04-23-2002, 01:29 AM
*Too late.*

*The man with a staff notices Starfor, and pauses with his eyes on him. Not taking his eyes away, he bends over to his companion's shoulder and confers with him in whispers.*

Deac
04-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Oh thanks you stupid armour... and it's a pity I lost my sword in that demon's stomach... oh well

*Loads crossbow*

Redwing
04-24-2002, 01:01 AM
*the two figures seem to finish their conference and walk purposefully towards Starfor's table*

EDIT: Aaargh! I was still in Cantina mode...

Deac
04-24-2002, 03:24 PM
[Remember-this isn't Deac Starkiller. This is Starfor]

Uh...can I help you two gentlemen?

Redwing
04-24-2002, 10:31 PM
*the hooded figure with the staff speaks. It is the voice of a man, an old man. Something about the voice lets Starfor know that this man is undoubtedly a wizard of some sort.*

"Are you the Paladin Starfor?"

Deac
04-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Yes. I am he. Can I help you two mages ? Or do you just want to make small talk?

Redwing
04-25-2002, 10:10 PM
*the other man, whom Starfor can percieve to be relatively young, seems to cringe within his robe. The older wizard is unaffected.*

"We were told to meet you, at this location, at this time, and indeed this very spot. I would be most surprised if you were not he."

Deac
04-26-2002, 04:51 PM
Ok, look, if you accidently summoned a demon and now can't send it back... I'll slay it and give you whatever magical ingrediants it has provided you give me a sword and 100 gold.

Or am I just being presumtous?

Redwing
04-27-2002, 02:26 AM
*The man seemed taken aback for a second. Then he smiled.*

Yes, you are being very presumptuous. I suppose you have no idea why we are here?

Deac
04-27-2002, 12:14 PM
No. Usually mages who come to Paladins want demons slaying, or it turns out their best friend has become a lich and needs killing. Or rescuing damsels. Or looking after orphans. Being a Paladin leaves you open for a variety of jobs.

Redwing
04-28-2002, 02:20 AM
*frowns* That is most disturbing.

Deac
04-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Oh gods..you're necromancers aren't you? Or do you just hate Paladins?

Redwing
04-28-2002, 05:58 PM
No, I am certainly not a necromancer. I received a message from an unknown source to meet you here, and I was given no explanation whatsoever. I assumed you would have answers.

Deac
04-29-2002, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry. I know nothing except...well...some demon swore revenge on me as couple of months back after I rammed it full of holy water from the local temple...

Redwing
04-29-2002, 07:45 PM
I was sent to help you. But if you don't have anything of significance that you need help with...

Deac
05-01-2002, 04:34 PM
[OOS: This defintely needs livening up]

As our heroes wonder why they have been sent here, a young man suddenly bursts intot he bar, which falls silent...

Messenger: Got...to...tell you... Troglodyetes...coming...they have...mage *He collapses. Several men draw their swords... the barkeep turns to Starfor*

Barkeep: Looks like we need a Paladin and some Mage types after all....

Redwing
05-02-2002, 06:29 AM
*The younger man whispers anxiously to the man with the staff*
Master, what is a Troglodyete?

((OOS: What IS a troglodyete :D))

((second OOS: You know that neither of my charas comes from "these parts"...they come from Earth, and Kejim doesn't mind facing the unknown because he is confident he can beat it :D))

Deac
05-02-2002, 04:40 PM
[OOS: A troglodyete is a tall, strong and ugly humanoid thing]

*Starfor loads his crossbow. He steps outside and finds that the battle has already begun. It is too chaotic. The trogs are running about, killing all in their path, and the villagers are mainly running.

Starfor aims at the nearest Trog and fires. The beast is killed instantly. Whilst Starfor reloads, an old warrior runs to him...*

Man: Help! I'm dying...take this sword...

*Starfor is handed a strange runed sword [NO-It's not Starkiller-don't get any ideas]*

Thankyou friend...

*Starfor runs into the fray, brandishing his new blade*

Redwing
05-03-2002, 04:32 AM
*The two cloaked figures walk outside and watch the fray impassively*

Second man (Arthur): Master...should we interfere?
Kejim: Not yet.
Arthur: But were not we sent to help him?
Kejim: We will help him if he requests our help.

Deac
05-03-2002, 03:52 PM
*Starfor charges at one of the Shamans. It is an ugly creature, carrying a glowing staff. It notices Starfor and blasts him backwards, slamming him against the wall of the inn. He turns to the mages, who are doing nothing*

A little help here?

Redwing
05-03-2002, 08:53 PM
*Kejim holds his staff out* Am I to understand that you request our help?

Deac
05-05-2002, 12:19 PM
*The troglodeyte mage points his fingers at Starfor and begins to chant*

Yes! Help would be good here!!!!

Redwing
05-05-2002, 02:32 PM
Kejim points his staff at the troglodeyte mage and chants:

Fulmenos venite!

Lightning flashes from the staff and electrocutes the startled mage.

Deac
05-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Trog#1: Dey have mages!

Trog#2: Our mage dead!

Trog#3: Chief will save us!

*Starfor gets up and runs at the chieftan, blocks his club and stabs him in the side*

Trog#2: No chief! Run!

*The villagers cheer and help their new heroes up. They are served a free round of drinks. The mayor then comes to them*

Mayor: You two mages: For slaying the mage, the town presents you with these magical rings: One will make you see any evil prescene, the other will allow you to heal anyone with it's touch once per day.
And to your, Starfor, take this holy symbol of Tyron, god of the mountain. Our priests have given it His holy boon.

Redwing
05-07-2002, 01:36 AM
*Kejim smirks at Starfor's gift and accepts the rings, even though he doesn't need them. He simply hands them to his ward.*

Kejim: Congratulations, Arthur. Your first magical gifts.

Arthur: But Master...I have done nothing to earn them.

Kejim: Nevertheless I have no use for them. Take them.

Arthur: *takes them...he knows better than to argue things over too much with Kejim*

Kejim: You will earn them with your use of them.

Deac
05-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Those trogs didn't just decide to attack. Something is amiss here. The local barbarians may know what is going on. I think we should make for them. We'll have to take the snowy pass of Sal-dar and keep going that way for a day or so.

Are you in?

Redwing
05-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Kejim: *is inclined to believe that the trogs did just decide to randomly attack...but staying around Starfor is the only real way of finding out their purpose in this* Yes, I suppose we are.

Deac
05-09-2002, 05:30 PM
[OOS: By all RPG standards our party is a little thin, to seeing as you have 2 chars, so will I]

The party make a short trek through an oddly quiet, snowy pass to the barbarian village. There, all species are welcome, and the party sees such odd sights as elves and orcs living in peace. The party are introduced to the village's shaman, Jolider.

Jolider: I have seen many bad things. Evil in swirling clouds coming from fires below the mountain of Tzar. It is in the abandoned Dwarven mines where you will find it. Look there, and you will perhaps find what it is you seek...

But we're not currently seeking anything.

Jolider: It is the force that makes Troglodeyetes perform suicide attacks. It is the force that brought fire to the inside of the mountains...a fiendish thing. Go!

*As the party prepare to leave, a young dwarf comes to them*

Excuse me, but I heard you were going to the mines. I can help you. Name's Jorvak Highhammer, by the way. May I join you?

Redwing
05-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Kejim: I am not the leader of this group. *motions to Starfor with his staff* You should speak to him.

Deac
05-11-2002, 05:42 PM
You seem like a uesful fellow, Jorvak. You can join with us.

Little does anyone yet know, but this dwarf will have a major part to play in the events long after Starfor's adventures...

*The party make their way to the entrance to the cave. A stench of sulphur exudes from the hole...*

Redwing
05-13-2002, 01:48 AM
*Arthur smells the sulfur* I smell evil, Master...

Kejim: No, you smell rock. There is no evil in the rock. The evil we search for is in the heart of the mountain. *looks to Starfor* Shall we descend? Or do you wish to turn back?

Deac
05-13-2002, 05:12 PM
A paladin never turns from evil!

Jorvak: And a dwarf never leaves an oath!

Palllladinnn? I haaaate Pallladinnnssss. Weeeee alllll dooooo. Iiiii feeeeeast on yourrrr flesssssh!

*Without warning, a large demon drops from the roof of the cave. It has huge claws and produces the reek of sulphur*

Arrh! Demon! Type 2 if I'm not mistaken! *Turns to mages* Water spells would be helpful here-then normal weapons can piece it's aura of flame!

Redwing
05-14-2002, 02:23 AM
Kejim: *waves staff* Fulmenos amnis!

*a portal opens above him and a torrent of water flows from it*

Deac
05-14-2002, 04:47 PM
*Suddenly, Starfor's new blade begins to glow a firery red. Starfor draws it, and charges at the demon. The demon shrieks in fear:*

Aiee! Carsmoyr....demonnnn baaaaane! Noooooooo! Pleeeeeas!

Return to the hells, filth!

*Starfor stabs the demon and it explodes. Something about this sword makes it effective against demons..*

Redwing
05-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Arthur: I thought it was rock?

Kejim: It was. The demon had the rock sulphur integrated into it's body.

Arthur: *?*

Kejim: How now, Starfor?

Deac
05-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Jorvak: I say we go in!

Agreed. Type two demons don't just go wherever they please. They are normally bonded to a place by a magic. Something's down there...

AND IT'S COMING UP TO US!!

*A horde of lizardmen charges up from the tunnels...*

Redwing
05-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Fulmenos amnis!

Kejim again turns the force of a river on the approaching army.

Deac
05-17-2002, 03:39 PM
*Starfor and Jorvak run into the horde. Jorvak easilly lobs off heads with his axe, and Starfor's blade runs green on lizard blood.*

Redwing
05-17-2002, 09:22 PM
*Kejim chain lightnings several of the wet creatures. Arthur starts forward but Kejim holds him back*

K: Let's not reveal your abilities quite yet.

A: But Master! There's too many of them!

K: Nevertheless, you will not be needed...yet.

Deac
05-18-2002, 03:54 PM
*Starfor spins, slicing the surrounding lizards in half. Jorvak leaps and dodges, hacking at the diminshing horde...*

Redwing
05-18-2002, 06:15 PM
*Kejim's head snaps up as he senses something new approaching* Paladin! Advise that you finish this quickly! Something far more powerful is coming!

Deac
05-20-2002, 05:02 PM
*The lizardmen all run. Something appears to be crawling from the darkness. A maralith, a demon with the lower body of a snake and the upper body of a four-armed woman, a poweful magickal demon, enters the scene. And laughs.*

Redwing
05-22-2002, 01:51 AM
Arthur: Master? What is that? It looks ridiculous!

Kejim: Never judge beings by their looks. Maraliths are generally quite powerful. And this one...

Deac
05-22-2002, 05:00 PM
*Starfor pricks the Maralith with Carsmoyr. Nothing happens.*

Haahahahahaha! No bane of lesser demons will destroy me that easily!!!

Redwing
05-22-2002, 11:03 PM
((OOS: I don't know anything about maraliths...:D))

Deac
05-23-2002, 05:45 PM
[There's not really a lot to know. But in future, I'll place some stats for each monster using my strat guide for BG2:SOA.

Maralith:Only piece of useful info (And not game blabble) is that they like poison and magic.]

Kejim! Quick! An antimagic field would be good here!

*Starfor and Jorvak dodge blows and parry, but are unable to get a good hit*

Redwing
05-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Kejim: As you wish, Starfor! *Kejim waves his staff and shouts a spell. A black orb appears in midair*

Deac
06-02-2002, 04:08 PM
*The antimagic field saps at the Maralith. It screams and coughs, and begins to slump over. Starfro stabs it, and it dies. As it dies, it begins to bleed from it's mouth, carrying several strange magic items with them.*

Jorvak: I know that Axe! It's stone fire, the blade that destroys undead! And look at all that gold!

Redwing
06-02-2002, 07:17 PM
*seeing the maralith dead, Kejim closes the black field*

*Arthur looks at the items, fascinated*

Deac
06-07-2002, 03:34 PM
I think we should go in there. Whatever's causing the problems, we should find some answers down there...

*The party enter the cave, and instantly feel the heat. They have entered a massive fiery cavern. Below them, weak fire elementals manage the forge, overseen by strange dark humanoid features*

Jorvak: I'd know those anywhere, those are drow, the dark elves. We must be cautious.

xX-Ender-Xx
06-09-2002, 08:24 PM
*An elf approaches the party with a concerned look on his face. The party instantly becomes cautious of this creature; this elf looks different from the rest of them*

Maklin (elf): Who are you people?

Deac
06-10-2002, 04:30 PM
We came to see what's going on here. I'm a paladin, so if you're evil, you die.

xX-Ender-Xx
06-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Maklin: I'm not evil, but that's something I don't want these other elves to know. They are definitely evil and I would watch it if I were you. If they find out you are here then it won't be pretty. I can lead you through this cave if you would like.

*A dark elf sees the party talking to Maklin*

Maklin: Uh oh.

Redwing
06-11-2002, 04:29 AM
*stands in the background observing*

Deac
06-11-2002, 04:51 PM
[OK, here's the lowdown on Drow, like regular elves, except evil, have real hard equipment that disintegrates in sunlight]

You want us, chase us!

*Starfor runs back to the mouth of the cave*

Redwing
06-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Kejim: You! Maklin! Get out of here!

*while Maklin dashes down another corridor, Kejim, Starfor, and the others retreat to the cave mouth. Kejim lifts his staff to the sunlight and shouts an arcane spell, lighting his staff up like a glowrod. He then points his staff at the advancing Drow, blinding them with beams of intense sunlight*

((OOS: Yes, Kejim read Maklin's mind...that's how he knew his name :D))

xX-Ender-Xx
06-12-2002, 02:21 AM
Maklin: My armor will have no with sunlight. It has surpassed the evil drow's armor from adding elements to it.

Deac
06-12-2002, 04:10 PM
*The drow gasp as they run into sunlight and their weapons and armour crumble to dust. They then drop to their knees in submission*

Drow Leader: Oh great warrior, spare our feeble male [drow society is matriachal, so females have power] lives, and we'll help you.

Very well. Tell us what you know.

Drow: There's a secret passage in the temple. It takes you right to Ardui's Inner Sanctum.

Redwing
06-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Kejim: Who is this Ardui?

Deac
06-17-2002, 04:18 AM
Ardui is a matron mother. She'll be the high prietess, very strong, and in league with the Drow god Lolth, the Spider Queen.

Let's go.

Redwing
06-17-2002, 02:06 PM
K: *sighs* So, we run into a god already...

*they follow Starfor into the secret passage*

Deac
06-18-2002, 01:57 AM
Gods aren't all bad. There's this really cool story about my particular patron god, Furro, God of the Righteous Blade, that he made some real powerful sword. It could kill other gods, and he had to give it humans, who could never use it's full potential. Then the evil god of hate was able to split it into a good and evil one before he died...I forget it's name, but it travells all over the planes. Have you heard of an ancient man named Elveron...?

Redwing
06-18-2002, 03:23 PM
I have heard legends of a man named Elveron Starkiller. About gods...they do not tend to take kindly to me. I am an unknown to them; they do not understand me. *Kejim suddenly frowns, sensing something* ...We have another problem.

Arthur: ...Is it...?

Kejim: Yes. Yes, it is. K'Warra K'laar has arrived in this dimension.

*they reach the end of the passage*

xX-Ender-Xx
06-19-2002, 12:14 AM
Maklin: Whos is this K'Warra K'laar? Will he be a problem for us?

Deac
06-19-2002, 03:48 AM
Jorvak: LEGENDS?! Those were no mere legends! I was the same Jorvak Highhammer he pulled from the wreckage of the ogre-sacked village he came from! I saw the death of the first Darkstar!

*Starfor places his hand on Jorvak's shoulder*

My Lordship, I am honored but puzzled. Why do you choose to follow me?

Jorvak: Telling you would cloud your judgement. Now let us continue...

Redwing
06-19-2002, 05:32 AM
Kejim: K'Warra K'laar is one of the few stronger in my type of power than I am. Not only that, but he was born that way. I'm not sure what he is doing here, but I doubt that it is for good...

I have never before seen proof that a Starkiller exists, or existed. Beings in my home dimension know them only as myths, dim and twisted.

Deac
06-21-2002, 01:39 AM
[I have never seen proof that a Starkiller exists or has existed... Ho Ho Ho!:D ]

Jorvak: You want proof?

(Jorvak removes a strange axe from his sack on his back. It glows blue)

This is the very axe of healing which I was able to slice off the reborn Lokpihet's arm, Starkiller by my side. There's your proof.

Redwing
06-21-2002, 11:33 AM
*Kejim looks dubious* Could not you have just as easily sliced off the reborn Lokpihet's arm without Starkiller by your side?

Deac
06-22-2002, 01:45 AM
[OOS: I'm actually slowly writing all the legend stuff down, but it's only 8 pages long at the moment...]

Jorvak: Believe me, if it weren't for Elveron, I wouldn't have sliced off of his arm. And you can always trust a dwarf.

Redwing
06-22-2002, 06:04 AM
[OOS: Awesome! Can you, like type it, so we can see it? :D]

Kejim: It has not been my experience to know many dwarves.

Deac
06-23-2002, 04:01 AM
[I'm trying to finish it first, and when I do, I'll send you a copy. The party have to meet up, (They're my original Icewind Dale party. Jorvak was one of them.) , but the Darkstar has already been introduced.]

Jorvak: We're good folk

Starfor: You two, quiet! We're almost there.

Redwing
06-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Kejim: *neutrally* Of course. *says nothing else*

Redwing
07-07-2002, 05:17 AM
*suddenly Kejim notices that Malkin is no longer with them...vanished somewhere down the path. But before he can say anything, an entrance looms ahead...*

Deac
07-08-2002, 12:41 AM
*Starfor steps on a panel and narrowly dodges an arrow*

That was an 'arrow escape!:D ;)

Redwing
07-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Kejim: Careful! Luminus! *Kejim's staff lights up like a beacon, illuminating several silvery trapwires along the ground*

((OOS: Can't think of anything creative for this one---FORCE PAUSE RPG!! *RPG pauses* There we go :D))

Deac
07-13-2002, 01:34 AM
Jorvak: I can disarm these, they are not the best of traps...

*Jorvak slowly moves to the trip wires and cuts through each of them*

Redwing
07-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Kejim: Be careful, Jorvak.

*Arthur begins to walk forward*

Kejim: No!!

*Too late, Arthur snags a tripwire. A wall slams down between them. Kejim and Starfor are cut off, leaving Jorvak and Arthur on the other side. Kejim and Starfor will have to find another way in...*

Deac
07-14-2002, 03:01 AM
NOOOOOOOO!

Dammit mage! Tell me you know the spell "Dimension Door"! Tell me you can get through that!

Redwing
07-14-2002, 06:32 AM
Kejim: Something is blocking my powers. I cannot even see what lies ahead. We must find another way into this place...

Deac
07-15-2002, 03:02 AM
*A door suddenly opens...revealing a side entrance to an altar, covered in spiders, and adorned with spider statues, surrounded by angry looking drow priestessess*

Uh-oh.

Redwing
07-15-2002, 06:38 AM
*Kejim swings his staff and shouts*

Ice!!

*A blast of ice shoots at the drow, who duck, letting the ice hit the altar*

----------

*Arthur raises his hands and a green energy blast rushes from his hands and smashes into the wall---and rebounds right back at him*

No! It's sealed by magical means!

Deac
07-16-2002, 02:18 AM
*The dark altar is shattered, causing the priestesses to collapse and wither away. They are bound by the dark magic to the altar. A spidery apparation appears*

You dare destroy my altar....I send Kithhax to deal with you!

*A horde of drow and a massive spider emerge from the lower caverns...*

Redwing
07-16-2002, 07:00 AM
*Kejim swings his staff dramatically and the end glows white* I think not, foul creature---

*a voice comes from behind the spider* Oh, do cut the banter, Master Kejim.

*a ball of blue light shoots from the shadows and hits the spider. Kithhax dramatically explodes.

The originator steps into the light.

He is a seven foot tall, blue-green-skinned, winged, clawed, and tailed gargoyle. His face bears spiked brows, a double-spiked chin, glowing eyes, and scuplted, lean features on a powerful body. His hair flies about, swirling on top of his head to a drooping point, as if someone had neatly decorated his skull with whipped cream, changed it to hair, and permanently charged it with electricity. An evil smile laces a fanged mouth. He holds no weapon, only his hand carrying a ball of icy blue light.

Kejim recognizes him. K'Warra.

K'Warra: Yes, K'Warra. We meet again at last. Who's your friend?

Deac
07-17-2002, 02:03 AM
I am Starfor Etoilemort, demon. And I do not like creatures from the lower planes...

Redwing
07-17-2002, 06:13 AM
*K'Warra points a finger at Kejim* We have business to discuss, old mage. *to Starfor* I'll advise you to be silent once. If you don't listen, then I'll introduce you to the very lowest dimensions of all.

Deac
07-17-2002, 07:21 PM
*Starfor stands silent and angry. This demon is a powerful one, but there are more powerful avatars to deal with. Someday Starfor will be able to summon a planar being, and then he'll see whose boss.*

Redwing
07-18-2002, 04:25 AM
Kejim: *wearily* Simply, what is it?

K'Warra: Simply, your young friend stole something from me. I want it back.

Kejim: *raises an eyebrow*

K'Warra: Not this fine example of a lower being. The boy, Kejim. The one with the Emerald powers.

Kejim: "Emerald powers"?

K'Warra: You know of whom I speak...where is he?

Deac
07-19-2002, 02:06 AM
We got separated, demon.

*Starfor raises Carsmoyr*

And what do you intend to do with power?

Redwing
07-19-2002, 05:42 PM
Kejim: What do you believe he stole from you?

K'Warra: Something called the Cauldron of Life. Among other jewels and artifacts. I believe he used the Cauldron...to carry them away.

Kejim: *raises his eyebrows again* The Cauldron of Life?

Deac
07-20-2002, 12:36 AM
What is the cauldron of life? And what would you do with it, demon?

Redwing
07-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Kejim: The Cauldron of Life is a very powerful magical artifact. It is called the Cauldron of Life, because if you put the correct brew in, and dip yourself in it, you will become immortal; you will live "as long as the mountain stones".

K'Warra: Immortality...never dying. What a fascinating concept, no?

Deac
07-21-2002, 10:11 AM
You forget the afterlife...for a Paladin, death is recruitment into their god's holy army. I will be a Captain of Furro's Legion, but what becomes of you after Death? Can you have one

[Note: Creatures from the lower planes have no death. If they are killed away from their plane they return home, but if they are killed on their plane they are destroyed forever...]

Redwing
07-21-2002, 11:00 PM
((OOS: Kejim, Arthur, and K'Warra are from Earth; Termand Rwos' dimension. I'm not revealing everything...but K'Warra is still alive in Termand Rwos' time, several thousand years later, although they have never met.

K'Warra is the same species as Rwos actually; only a different race.))

*K'Warra grins disdainfully at Starfor* Of course, "Paladin".

Kejim: Since what time is the Cauldron one of your possessions?

K'Warra: Since its owner died.

Kejim: You killed the owner of the Cauldron of Life?

K'Warra: No, rather, he killed himself.

Kejim: So he didn't use the Cauldron? I presume he didn't know the potion...and you do?

K'Warra: Yes, I do indeed.

Kejim: What makes you think my apprentice stole this Cauldron?

Deac
07-22-2002, 09:16 AM
[How about I make this very interesting in a familiar style?]

*Starfor can think of nothing else to say, and raises Carsmoyr*

Die demon!

*Starfor charges at K'Warra*

Redwing
07-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Kejim: No Starfor! No!

*K'Warra raises his hand and a stream of bright blue energy bursts out. The energy catches Starfor in midstride, and K'Warra waves his hand to the side, throwing Starfor away against the wall.*

K'Warra: As you know, old wizard, my powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

*K'Warra throws another stream of energy at Kejim. Kejim raises his staff and absorbs the energy*

Kejim: I do not think so.

((OOS: :D))

Deac
07-23-2002, 02:14 PM
-----------------------------------------------
#Meanwhile#

There is a place beyond the prime plane, where the gods themselves meet. The room is made enitrely of stars, save for the marble furniture and a model of the planes which all gods seem to be required to have. A meeting goes on between three of them:

And you think that this human is the right one?

We don't approve of the power you intend to give...

That is because you fear what Alminstar made...

Do not speak his name!

I will speak his name! He is my son and I do not care what you believe! I inspire more faith than a god whose worshippers fear the sun! It is done!

--------------------------------------------------

*Starfor lies in a heap against the rock, Carsmoyr broken in two, however, the roof of the cave appears to open, and a distant star like object falls to earth, revealed as a golden sword, lands perfectly into the rock before his hands. He takes it, and instantly feels courage, and a sense of companionship. He turns to the duelling K'Warra and charges again*

Redwing
07-23-2002, 03:12 PM
*K'Warra knocks Kejim to the ground. Kejim drops his staff.

K'Warra picks the staff up.*

K'Warra: Ironic that your own weapon should bring your death.

*K'Warra raises the staff. It glows with deadly energy. K'Warra thrusts the staff towards the mage's prone body---

And it is stopped midair by a golden, glowing sword. K'Warra looks up to see Starfor.*

K'Warra: Brave of you, boy. I thought you would have learned your lesson.

Deac
07-24-2002, 07:21 AM
*Starfor's voice is filled with a confidence unheard by K'Warra before*

You have no chance, Demon.

*Starfor cries like a hawk, and the watching drow priestesses run in fear*

Drow: Furro's warroir returns! Lolth save us all!

*Starfor knocks the staff aside, and turns to face K'Warra*

Redwing
07-24-2002, 04:38 PM
K'Warra: Furro? If your gods were a match for me, they'd have disallowed my entrance. Same with your friends here...thought they were here by permission, did you? You have no chance.

*Kejim's staff raises from the ground suddenly and flies through the air, into its owners waiting hand* Perhaps not, K'laar. But Starfor and I together---

*a wall comes crashing down. Arthur emerges, hands glowing with energy. Jorvak is behind him*

---and all of us together are more than a match for you.

K'Warra: This isn't over. *the gargoyle seems to evaporate into the air*

Redwing
08-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Kejim: Starfor? What happened to you a moment ago?

Deac
08-12-2002, 07:06 AM
You said you didn't believe in Starkiller...

Believe it now....for I am he.

Redwing
08-12-2002, 07:15 PM
...What?

Deac
08-13-2002, 08:32 AM
I have been chosen to succeed Elveron. I was picked by Furro to carry this blade...which can mean only one thing...the Darkstar has returned.

*Starfor notices Kejim's raised eyebrow, but Jorvak explains befor e he can.*

Jorvak: It is the balance. Darkstar is the remnants of Lokpihet, god of hatred. He works in the same way as the Starkiller. I remember watching Orthos die... (Wraith Squad's Orthos was named after him)

Redwing
08-14-2002, 03:49 AM
Kejim: I see. *He clearly didn't, but he had more on his mind as he turned to Arthur*

Arthur? K'laar claims that you have stolen the Cauldron of Life. What have you done with it?

Arthur: ...I only took a cauldron to carry the jewels in, Master.

Kejim: Jewels? You did rob his dwelling place then?

Arthur: He had stolen them from others, I stole them from him...

Kejim: Foolish boy! Who knows what deadly magic artifacts were hidden in K'laar's store. What have you done with them?

Arthur: I...left them at my...hut?

Kejim: The Cauldron?

Arthur: It was too big to cook in, so I put it in the river.

Kejim: Which river?

Arthur: I...don't know. It was the first river I saw when arriving here to meet you, and I put it in.

Deac
08-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Who is this K'Warra demon? And what of your dealings with him?

Redwing
08-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Kejim: K'Warra K'laar is a gargoyle. He is a wizard of great power from my world. It seems that he seeks immortality as well...

Come. Arthur, I want to see what you have taken. Immediately.

*looking at Starfor* Perhaps you have some part to play in this. Would you like to come?

Deac
08-15-2002, 08:05 AM
Very well. Evil has to die.

Redwing
08-18-2002, 05:02 AM
*Kejims raises his staff and speaks a spell. A glowing door-shaped rip opens in the air*

Deac
09-27-2002, 01:46 PM
[This needed doing]

*As Starfor, Jorvak, Kejim and Arthur move through the dimension door, another major event is happening. A dark man moves in front of his army, and raises his blade*

Army: All hail Retrick Darkstar!

Redwing
09-29-2002, 04:27 AM
*the group steps into a room inside a small house. A huge collection of odds and ends lie scattered around*

Kejim: This isn't a river...

Arthur: This is...my house. Why are we here?

Kejim: *swings his lighted staff to illuminate the room* Perhaps because of that?

Arthur: That's...that is the cauldron! But how did it return here?

*A large cauldron sits in the corner of the room. The cauldron was easily large enough to fit a human, maybe even two. It is filled with various jewels, various weapons, and several other objects. Kejim's eyes practically bug out when he sees the collection*

Kejim: Arthur, you fool of a human! Do you realize what these things are that you have stolen?

Deac
10-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Jorvak: Well I don't. Please explain.

Starfor: This is indeed a strange plane.

-----------------------------

*The dark army descends on a small town in the frozen north. Thier leader stops and kneels*

Retrick Darkstar: He was here! The bastard was here!

Redwing
10-19-2002, 07:12 PM
*Kejim sighs* K'Warra K'laar had an impressive collection, it seems...

*takes an amulet with a bright blue flat stone set in a gold casing, with the design of a crane-like feathered bird on the top of the gold tracery* This is the Phoenix Gate. It is a magical device that can send the bearer back in time if the right incantation is spoken.

*motions to another blue stone encased in cold tracery; this one shaped like an eye* That is the Eye of Odin. When put on, it magnifies the wearer's true inner self and can give immense magical power...

*lifts a set of beautiful, shimmering keys* These I recognize, but I know not what they do. Legend has it that they are the keys to the Apocalypse.

*motions to a silver, shimmering stone* That is the Stone of Recollection. That must be how the Cauldron returned here...when it touches something, it restores it to its original place if undisturbed within six hours.

And these...I can't even begin to explain.

*puts the objects down* Nations have been destroyed for less.

Deac
10-25-2002, 02:28 PM
*A distant war cry can be heard from outside the house...*

-------------------------

*Retrick stands before an open planar gate, with 4 mysterious armoured beings behind him*

Go, my knights!

---------------------------------------

*Stardor turns to the door*

Blood of the Gods! Darkstar Knights!

*Extends sword*

Redwing
10-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Kejim: Stand firm! We cannot let them near these artifacts!

*extends staff*

Deac
11-10-2002, 04:48 PM
The Darkstar knights loomed on the party, souls of Anti-Paladins bound forever in Darksteel armour, slaves to the Darkstar's host.

*Jorvak looks grim*

Jorvak: Let's hope the axe does the job...ready your most powerful spells, mages.

Elveron: The Starkiller shall cleave them apart

*The Knights burst through the door, and the fighters lunge at them...*

Redwing
11-16-2002, 03:07 AM
*Waves of bright green energy fly towards the Knights from Arthur's hands. Kejim sends the nearest Knight flying back out the door and turns towards the Cauldron, waving his staff*

Displace!!

*The Cauldron vanishes. Kejim turns back towards the Knights*

Ice.

*White energy flies towards the Darkstar Knights*

Deac
11-16-2002, 01:07 PM
*As the party fight, another figure enters. He waves his hand and the knights crumble to dust, their souls flying back into a medallion around his neck*

Retrick Darkstar: We meet at last, Starkiller. I have followed you across the world.

*A voice exit's Elveron's mouth that is not his own*
Starkiller: And I have followed you across the WORLDS.

Darkstar: So let us do battle...no...not here...how about...

*The air shimmers as the party are moved to another place*

Here...

*K'Warra is heard laughing coldly*

Redwing
11-16-2002, 10:04 PM
K'Warra: *looking somewhat surprised to see them* So you finally decided to face me, mage? I see you've brought help...well, it won't do you any good. *K'Warra's eyes glow*

Kejim: On the contrary, K'laar. I was not responsible for this transportation...he was. *Kejim motions at Retrick*

Deac
11-17-2002, 03:54 PM
[OOS: Why have I been calling Starfor Elveron! Redwing, you should have noticed!]

*The voice of the Darkstar leaves Retrick's mouth*

K'Warra. Sorry to draft you in like this, but I knew you hated this mage and wanted to see him die. Darkstar...avatar of Lokpihet, God of Hate, we met at PainLord Sathanas' wedding-remember

*Starfor is annoyed*

Sorry to break up the reunion but...

Retrick: Don't waster you time, Starkiller, my army's already looking for a soul crystal. When we find one...Lokpihet will be reborn...

Trying that again? Didn't Elveron teach you once that wouldn't work?

Retrick: It cost him his life...as it will yours!

Redwing
11-17-2002, 04:12 PM
((LOL!!! I intended to ask that in my last two posts but I forgot each time. XD I posted them late at night and wasn't thinking that well ;)))

K'Warra: You arrogant creature, just because I attended one of your ludicrous Gatherings of Evil, does not mean I have any love for you. I care not for your mission to restore your master.

However, you are correct that I would very much like to see this mage dead...

Kejim: It is not your destiny to destroy me, K'Warra K'laar. That fate belongs to another.

K'Warra: We'll see about that, old man.

Arthur: Starfor? What is a Soul Crystal?

Deac
11-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Retrick: Don't want to help..fine then...I'll leave you to your mage...

On my turf!

*The party teleport again, this time to different places. K'warra appears beside Retrick on the front of his battle lines, overlooking a walled tower city. Starfor and co appear atop the tower. Armies clash at the gates*

Starfor: A soul crystal...the power to capture a soul. Retrick wants to use one to cause Lokpihet, God of Hate to be reborn.

This is the Keep of Dawnfire, where one such gem is held. Elveron is buried in the temple of Starkiller below us...

Redwing
11-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Kejim: You implied the crystal destroyed Elveron. Why then does Retrick want it?

----------

K'Warra: Your turf? Why have you brought me here?

Deac
11-22-2002, 03:15 PM
*Starfor answers Kejim's question*

With the Soul Crystal embeded in his chest, Orthos the Black was no longer Mortal. He had become the god of Hate, with Lokpihet in it's former power. To secure his victory, however, he wished to destroy his greatest threat: Elveron Starkiller.
Two armies clashed, and, in a complete mishap, Jorvak Highhammer sliced off the seemingly invincible Lokpihet's arm with the most unlikely of weapons: The Axe of Healing. Jorvak was thenflung to the edge, leaving Orthos and Eleveron.
The two duelled amongst the gathered armies on the ground and in the skies, until Orthos stabbed Elveron through the Heart with the Darksword.
With his last strength, Elveron pulled the sword further into his chest, and in turn, stabbing Orthos through the soul crystal. The godly essence drained from it, leaving Orthos weak and mortal. He did not survive the Starkiller Sword through his chest and instantly died. Elveron had time to make peace with his friends, and threw the sword up into the heavens.

All Elements in this passage (C)Deac 2002. Copyers will be cursed]

---------------------

Retrick: I needed your skills. You want the mage: breach the keep.

Redwing
11-23-2002, 01:53 AM
Kejim: I see. Then it's important that we prevent Retrick from laying hands on it.

----------

K'Warra: You need me to breach that? The task would be so easy I can't say it's worth my time. Besides, I can destroy the mage and his apprentice on my own terms.

Deac
11-23-2002, 04:21 PM
*The voice of the Darkstar leaves Retrick's mouth*

Perhaps I am not clear: Breach the walls, kill the army, and then the mage, or get back to this...Earth...I have the power.

-------------------------

*Elveron runs down the stairs of the tower, to join the battle lines. Jorvak follows*

Redwing
11-23-2002, 05:09 PM
*K'Warra laughs* Tell me Darkstar, what "power" do you think you have?

*K'Warra vanishes*

----------

*Kejim remains on top of the tower. He raises his staff and begins to prepare a spell. Arthur follows Starfor*

((You called him Elveron again, Deac ;)))

Deac
11-29-2002, 02:14 PM
[Redwing: Ta. I shall try to rectify this mistake]
*Retrick smiles wickedly*

Fool. He'll be back.

Advance!

----------------------------

*STARFOR reaches the battle front of the walls. He greets the Captain*

Captain: You...you're like Elveron the Paladin...what does this mean?

STARFOR: It means bad things are about to happen

*Orcs can be seen charging toward the city walls*

Redwing
11-30-2002, 03:37 PM
((Are you going to have STARFOR in caps for the rest of the RPG :D))

*A storm cloud forms above the horde of orcs, and lightning begins strike from its center, stunning several orcs each time*

Arthur: I believe my master is finishing his spells...but he'll have to stop when those orcs get too close to your warriors...

Deac
11-30-2002, 04:58 PM
*Starfor and Jorvak leap out into the melee*

Starfor: For Furro!

Jorvak: Die!

*They fight brutally. The battle continues until the orcs part... and Retrick appears*

Retrick: We have a duel to finish.

Redwing
12-04-2002, 10:22 PM
*Kejim descends* Don't listen to him, Starfor. I am sure that at this very moment, his warriors are trying to retrieve the Soul Crystal while your back is turned...

Deac
12-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Retrick: If you run, Starkiller, what will become of your army? I will slaughter them.

*Jorvak steps forward, brandishing the axe of healing. He then says something to Retrick in the language of the gods, having studied it in the 500 years since he last fought a Darkstar*

Jorvak:Recognise this, Avatar of Lokpihet?...Go Starfor. Keep the Soul Crystal safe...

*Starfor moves off*

Retrick:You owe me an arm.

Redwing
12-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Kejim: Follow him Arthur. Assist him. I must leave for a short time...there is something I must attend to.

Arthur: But Master---

Kejim: I have confidence in you, Arthur. *vanishes*

Arthur: But...but...

Deac
12-09-2002, 01:53 PM
*Jorvak leaps up, kicking against Retrick's chest as he swings his axe. It nick's Retrick, whose sword moves back and knocks Jorvak to the ground.*

Jorvak: Run, Starfor...

*Jorvak falls unconscious*

Retrick: Now you, mageling.

Redwing
12-15-2002, 04:59 PM
*Arthur's eyes glow* Run Starfor. I'll hold him back. *the green glow begins to burn around Arthur's body like phosphorescent fire* Mageling? I'll show you mageling.

Deac
12-16-2002, 01:22 PM
*Starfor arrives at the Soul Crysal in Elveron's Tomb. Before he can kneel in respect, three Dark Elves enter, swords brandished*

-----------------------------------

Retrick: Fool.

*He raises the Darksword and brings it down toward Arthur's hands*

Redwing
12-16-2002, 11:15 PM
*Arthur spreads his hands and catches the Darksword in a telekinetic grip* I told you not to underestimate me! *Arthur begins forcing the Darksword backwards, never touching it*

Redwing
01-01-2003, 02:06 AM
*Arthur's onslaught begins to weaken as the power of the Darksword overwhlems him. The sword stops moving backwards and slowly moves forward until it pierces Arthur's defenses. Arthur barely dodges the blade's deadly edge*

----------

*Kejim appears in a flash of light in Elveron's Tomb* Starfor! I have something for you.

*Kejim raises his hand. In his hand lies what seems to be the Soul Crystal...but the Soul Crystal still clearly remains in its resting place*

Deac
01-02-2003, 05:36 AM
*Starfor, confused takes the new soul crystal and pockets it. He then slashes the sword, cleaving the first dark elf neatly in two*

Starfor: One down!

*Hack*

Two down!

*Chop*

Three.

Redwing
01-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Kejim: Don't put it on! It's a faux crystal....a crathas. It will destroy the user. If you can fool Retrick into using it...well...

Deac
01-03-2003, 04:13 AM
*Retrick senses the soul crystal*

Retrick: I have no further interest in you...

*Retrick runs at great speed to Elveron's tomb. Starfor throws down Starkiller and holds out the faux crystal*
[And here's the ending...]
Starfor: I cannot win. Take it. Spare us.

Retrick: Fool. Do you think I'm stupid. I will crush al-gahhg!

*Retrick falls to the ground, the Axe of Healing burning through his evil flesh. Jorvak, mortally wounded stands behind him*

Jorvak: It was an honour, Starfor...

*Jorvak collapses*

In the final sacrifice, Jorvak Highhammer saved our world of Mrear again. They buried him in Elveron's tomb, by Elveron, his old friend, awaiting Ragnarok. Eventually, Starfor would join them.
Time would march on, good an evil with it. But the learned knew that when all seemed hopeless, that one would come to stand against evil...The Starkiller...

*In the distance, a hawk crows...*

Redwing
01-03-2003, 07:36 PM
The feud between Kejim Risheron and K'Warra K'laar continued for some time after the incident on Mrear. The feud culminated in a final battle that raged across the heavens, a battle in which neither emerged the victor. K'Warra disappeared for a time after this event. Years later, Arthur Green and Kejim parted ways, Arthur having completed all the training and mastered the instruction that the wizard could offer.

Kejim and K'Warra would meet only once again, and not as enemies.

Arthur joined England's armed forces and was eventually made a knight. He lived through many adventures over many years, until K'Warra showed up again to settle the grudge between them from Arthur's days as a thief.

Both warriors had grown immensely in power since that time, but K'Warra was still the superior.

The two battled above the Castle Green. The castle was devastated in the process, and Arthur was mortally wounded. The castle laid in ruins...with Arthur's wife and daughter buried under it. Only Arthur's infant son survived.

K'Warra had never before killed an innocent, and the guilt of what he had done began to eat at him, guilt he could not manage to squelch. The guilt grew until it nearly overwhelmed him...and the gargoyle who once wished for immortality now wished for death.

It was at this time that Kejim Risheron appeared again for the first time in twenty years to enact K'Warra's punishment. His punishment would not be to die...but to live. As penance for his actions, he would become the guardian of Arthur's surviving son and all of his descendants, protecting them forever until the last one died. Then, and only then, would K'Warra finally rest.

The Cauldron of Life as well as its unique and dangerous contents disappeared off the face of the Earth. They were not found in the ruins of Castle Green, and it is not known what Arthur did with them. Many treasure hunters have been convinced Arthur hid them, and some even thought they knew where to find them. But no one ever did. Most now believe the secret died with Arthur...

...or did it?