PDA

View Full Version : Episode II title. What...the....hell.....

Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 06:53 PM
The new Episode II title has been announced as, "Attack of the Clones". Now, my question is, what has Lucas been, smoking, inhaling, eating, sniffing, licking, and or injecting?

Was his goal for this name to finally be a name the fans can hate beside Jar Jar Binks? Of all the names he could have chosen. WHY THIS ONE!?! This is a good reason why you shouldn't let your children decide the names of things.

Garindan
08-06-2001, 07:11 PM
his son probably got to choose the name, like what he did with the 'gungans'. pretty stupid name, but it explains alot. nothing mysterious about it tho :(

Cracken's Twist
08-06-2001, 08:54 PM
The Saddest title to come out of the SW Universe. But I find that if u say all the titles of all the Star Wars Movies, including EP.II, fast enough, it doesn't sound so bad. If you say it by itself, it's depressing. Well atleast we have Ep. III to look foward to.

JediMasterHorn
08-06-2001, 09:09 PM
Yeah: Ep.III: It came from the Dark Side.

Darth_Simpson
08-06-2001, 10:12 PM
LOL, Horn!

Crappiest title ever.

Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 11:32 PM
In Episode III, Lucas is going to come right out and say it. "Episode III: I need Another Billion"

ESE_Sithlord
08-07-2001, 12:23 AM
Man the Story and everything will still be better than the TPM but the Title What is GL thinking?

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

Whorst Title Ever!

oninosensi
08-07-2001, 12:46 AM
I sincerly hope ol' george is having a laugh at our expense.

If this is serious, I may not bother to see it.

Boba Fat
08-07-2001, 05:05 AM
:eek: Crap title but it better than Star Wars: A love story. Now thats crap! :cool: Its gotta be about the clone wars

royfokker
08-07-2001, 06:27 AM
Attack of the Clones!?!?!?!?!
CAN i GET A HELL NO?!

Redwing
08-07-2001, 07:57 AM
I feel the same way, but think about it for a sec:

"Return of the Jedi"
"Attack of the Clones"

Very close indeed, eh?

Think about the titles "A New Hope", "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" as if they had never been mentioned alongside Star Wars. I mean just wipe the whole concept of Star Wars, or anything whatsoever to do with Star Wars, completely out of your head. (Yes, I know, it hurts! Okay, just try it for ten seconds. Wait, I couldn't make it that long...okay five.) Now tack those titles on to old sci-fi serial B-movies. What do you get?

virtualoctopus
08-07-2001, 09:07 AM
Attack of the clones? I cannot express my outrage! This is probably the worst title possible for EPII! Argghhhhhhhhhhhh!

On a saner note, perhaps we should petition Mr Lucas to change it? :mad:

Darth_Simpson
08-07-2001, 10:49 AM
I see your point Redwing, but the thing with those other titles is that they at least sounded cool.

Attack of the Clones reminds me of the Clavin and Hobbes book, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons.

ESE_Sithlord
08-07-2001, 12:04 PM
Ok This will some how stick with us I dont know how but it will.

Iam not going to let some stupid Title keeping me from seeing Star Wars Episode II. Hey but atleast this title has a Meaning!

What did TPM mean what exactly?

Lets see the others they had bad names but they still were good Star Wars Movies. such as. Ill tell ya the meanings..

Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope = New people New hero's new hope to save the galaxy.

Star Wars Episode 5 The Empire Strikes Back = The Empire Won all the battles in this film which gave them a victory.

Star Wars Episode 6 Return of the Jedi = Anakin returns from the lightside and he kills the Emperor as he was met too.

So Attack of the clones wont keep me from seeing Star Wars Episode II just because it has a stupid title.

Hannibal
08-07-2001, 01:02 PM
I think GL has gone with the idea that something must go wrong on each film. With Ep I it was Jar Jar. He probably figured if I make the title really :mad: stupid then the movie will go smoothly.

Just more evidence that GL is nuts! :mad:

I'd never say this would keep me from seeing the movie but I can guarantee you that I will never :mad: call it Attack of the clones!!!

Remember a while back when GL said that EP II was basically a love story? Im not saying he should have called it EP II: A Love story, but he could have thought of something better. Calling this movie Attack of the Clones is the equivalent of calling the first one Attack of the Killer Robots.

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: Hannibal ]

Darth_Lando
08-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Maybe good ole George is playing tribute to all those late night Elvira B-movies he used to watch.

Darth_Lando
08-07-2001, 01:54 PM
I can't hold back the emotion any longer....

OH WHY OH WHY COULD IT NOT BE CALLED 'THE CLONE WARS'.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ESE_Sithlord
08-07-2001, 02:15 PM
ok now that was wak

Boba Rhett
08-07-2001, 02:38 PM
Speaking of The Clone Wars, guess what name i'm registering later today.... yep, that's right, theclonewars.net. :)

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]

Borg Collective
08-07-2001, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett:
<STRONG>thecloneswars.net</STRONG>

Will you be including the typo?

Boba Rhett
08-07-2001, 03:22 PM
D*mn you borg collective!! *shoots all the borgs in the face*

Darth_Lando
08-07-2001, 03:35 PM
Ok I got a positive scenerio here to think about:

Anyone remember before ROTJ was released that George Lucas announced the name of Episode 6 would be called "Avenging the Blue Sky" (or something like that. There were promotionals released with 'Aveneging the Bluw Sky' and right before the movie was released the real title of Return of the Jedi was announced.

Maybe George Lucas is doing something like that again.

Jedi_Prophecy
08-07-2001, 05:51 PM
No, I think originally ROTJ was to be called Revenge of the Jedi. There was posters made up for it & all! GL decided that the Jedi were not interested in vengeance so it was changed.
But c'mon "Attack of the Clones". Watch out, it's Dolly the Sheep!!!!! Every SW movie has had a cool name. "A New Hope", "ESB"(coz it kicked alliance ass at Hoth), "TPM" coz the Sith emerge after a millenia. I hope he changes it to something a bit more meaningful like something about Anakin delving deeper into evil or something....

ESE_Sithlord
08-07-2001, 05:57 PM
well if he does he might just keep the intails I hope not.

Star Wars Episode II "The Clone Wars"

Easy enough

Gabrobot
08-07-2001, 05:59 PM
Hopefully, 'Attack of the clones' sounds too much like 'Attack of the zombies' or something, this isn't supposed to be some 50's horror movie! :mad:

Uutont Fær Uulion
08-07-2001, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal:
<STRONG>I'd never say this would keep me from seeing the movie but I can guarantee you that I will never :mad: call it Attack of the clones!!!</STRONG>

I agree
I will call it bean dip on rye before I call it !*@^%# ^& $%^ @#*$@%^
:mad: :cool:

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: Uutont Fær Uulion ]

MadPoster
08-07-2001, 07:50 PM
How about "Clone Dip on Rye"?

Gabrobot
08-07-2001, 09:28 PM
Clone dip in GL's eye? :rolleyes:

BeastMaster
08-07-2001, 10:43 PM
Y'know, this is the exact same outcry we heard when "The Phantom Menace" was revealed.

Personally, I don't care about the titles (except that AotC seems a bit of a mouthful).

But still:

Star Wars: Clone War (Maybe too redundant to use "war" twice in the same title.)
Star Wars: The Gathering Darkness (Possibly too "Episode III-ish")
Star Wars: Dance of Shadows (Combines two images: "dance" = romance for Anakin & Amidala, and "shadow" = darkness and stealth for the Sith menace.)
Star Wars: The Jedi's Heart (Suggests the conflict for Anakin's heart [and soul]: Jedi oath versus love for Amidala.)
Star Wars: Promise of Darkness (Anakin's fate becomes more and more inevitable.)

Personally, I'd prefer Dance of Shadows. :cool:

oninosensi
08-08-2001, 01:24 AM
I like that. Dance of Shadows.

An excelent choice for a title.

JediMasterHorn
08-08-2001, 02:39 AM
i'm not too fond of the ttitle, but seriously, it doesnt really matter what they call it. As long as it kicks-ewok they can call it Ben and Anni's Excellent Adventure for all I care!

Zell Raider
08-08-2001, 04:12 AM
I posted this in topic Star Wars Episode II cause it is the same topic.

Posted by Zell Raider:

Wait don't jump to conclusions ! :eek: :eek:
Don't you remember the title Revenge of the JEDI which was later changed to RETURN of the JEDI
:cool: :D

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Zell Raider ]

Boba Fat
08-08-2001, 06:35 AM
Hey they should maybe call it : The anger within, Obi Wans betrayal, The Dark Anakin, The Rising of the Sith. Maybe something like that? it's better than Attack of the Clones! :D

Darth_Lando
08-08-2001, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Prophecy:
<STRONG>No, I think originally ROTJ was to be called Revenge of the Jedi. </STRONG>

That may be true, but George Lucas announced it as "Aveneging the Blue Sky" to throw everybody off. He never intedned on that to be the actual name of the the film.

Zell Raider
08-08-2001, 07:19 PM
Yeah maybe George Lucas announced Attack of the Clones to throw everybody off.

Maybe the real title is:

STARWARS Episode II: THE EMPIRE'S FIRST STRIKE :D ;)

MikeJ12
08-08-2001, 09:14 PM
Ok, now i know everybody is a little dismayed with the announced title, but lets look at the big picture. We finally get to see some action from the famed clone wars!!!
And on another note, this title has lead me to believe that good ole GL is in serious trouble. He is obviously on some serious drugs, spendin' too much time with Robert Downey Jr. or something. So I think we should call for an intervention. If we could get a large representation of the Star Wars fan community down to Skywalker Ranch and hold a vigile for the next week, maybe we can show George the light, and convince him to spend some time in rehab, get his act cleaned up and back on track to making killer movies.
I only fear the worst, "Attack of the clones" = a bunch of Jar Jar Binks' running around saying "Mesa Jarja, mesa hungrie" or something, unthinkable like that. :(

darthfelth
08-09-2001, 12:28 AM
Once again I am forced to use an over used saying: "Never judge a book by its cover" or in this case "a movie by its title." Lucas is a genius no matter how you look at it. In the relm of Star Wars, Lucas is god. Dont loose the faith, he knows what he is doing.

Everyone is acting like it's the end of the world. Keep a grip on reality.

Gabrobot
08-09-2001, 01:01 AM
You know? I'm starting to get used to the title! :rolleyes:

mtw4
08-09-2001, 02:25 AM
I'm with the camp that will never use the title announced on Monday. That's the saddest SW-related news I've ever heard. "Episode II" will do just fine for me.

I'm also happy to see it is almost unanimous on this board that the title sucks. Some people at TheForce.net and elsewhere actually said they liked it (13% I think). The consensus seems to be that the title is pure crap and this gives me hope that GL is just playing a joke or trying to throw us off.

I can live with an attempt to create a love story within the SW framework. I don't think it will work all that well, but I can live with it. I CANNOT ACCEPT THAT THE TITLE OF THE LOVE STORY EPISODE WILL BE ATTACK OF THE CLONES. Again, it must be a joke. It must be.

I gather strength, comfort, and hope from the fact that the official site has not yet used "Attack of the Clones" anywhere on the site accept for the announcement and the title page. Until I see official posters up at theaters or the trailer, I will continue to believe GL has a fantastic sense of humor and has gotten us good.

Boba Fat
08-09-2001, 05:10 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry but it has been anounced officially: from www.starwars.com: (http://www.starwars.com:)

Special Announcement: Episode II Title
August 06, 2001

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is the full title for the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release in 2002.
Attack of the Clones joins The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as chapter titles in the six-episode Skywalker saga. It harkens back to the sense of pure fun, imagination and excitement that characterized the classic movie serials and pulp space fantasy adventures that inspired the Star Wars saga.

Ten years after the events of The Phantom Menace, not only has the galaxy undergone significant change, but so have our familiar heroes Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), Padmé Amidala (Natalie Portman) and Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) as they are thrown together again for the first time since the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher. The two Jedi are assigned to protect Padmé whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists. As relationships form and powerful forces collide, these heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but the destiny of the Republic.

:mad:

Boba Fat *sniff*

Uutont Fær Uulion
08-09-2001, 03:17 PM
I'm sticking to calling it
Star Wars: Episode II: Clone Dip on Rye
Unless they change it.

pandemonium
08-09-2001, 04:28 PM
Dance of the Shadows! Dance of the Shadows!Dance of the Shadows! Dance of the Shadows! ;)

08-09-2001, 06:13 PM
i dont know wot all u people r cryin about, i think its a kiss ass name, (though The Clone Wars, would of been better) its way better them TPM. i think u r all new to SW cos this title is much more like the first 3 and if u can remember nobody like the E1 title when it was anounced but its grown on every one.

Boba Rhett
08-09-2001, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't call us Star Wars newbies again if I were you.

*Taps the top of his holstered blaster with his fingers*

Starwox
08-09-2001, 08:38 PM
I got the same message yesterday about the title and was also troubled. Sounds a little. . .well. . .childish. Hopefully, this will not interfere with Lucas's promise of a darker look at the Star Wars Universe, unlike the much lighter one in TPM.

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:24 PM
Never :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:25 PM
Ever :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:26 PM
Call :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:29 PM
Us :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:30 PM
Star :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Wars :mad:

Boba Fat
08-10-2001, 10:33 PM
Newbies! :mad:

*Draws Lightsaber*

Boba Fat

BeastMaster
08-12-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterHorn:
<STRONG>they can call it Ben and Anni's Excellent Adventure for all I care!</STRONG>

Whoa.

;)

darth tyrannus
08-12-2001, 08:25 PM
GL probably thought something like:

"If i make the yiyle really REALLY REALLY terrible, all their attention will be drawn there, and they won't notice the numerous other crappy things in my little $999.999.999-movie."

And we could still hope it turns out to be something like "Revenge of the Jedi", if ya know what i mean. :cool:

ESE_Sithlord
08-12-2001, 08:35 PM
Welcome Tyrranus

MadPoster
08-13-2001, 02:28 PM
Another Darth? Behave or we will demote you as we have been forced to do with with other Darths. Just as Captians Prime and Vader, and Private Maul, if ya don't beleive me. :D :p :D :eek: :mad: :D

Darth Crater
08-13-2001, 04:02 PM
LOL, at least I haven't been demoted, yet :)

I know this topic has pretty much been hounded to death, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I know the title is hokey, but has George Lucas ever tried to avoid being hokey? I mean, how many times do they say "I have a bad feeling about this" in the Star Wars galaxy? The movies are basically B-movies with very high budgets, and Lucas has continually chosen titles that fit that description. I would seriously bet that in a deckade, "Attack of the Clones" will be just as respected as every other Star Wars title is today, because it will be so associated with the name Star Wars.

Sarcastic Saint
08-13-2001, 04:16 PM
I hope he names ep.III : The Empire Rising.

And Ep.II should have been called (as many already said here) : The Clone Wars

Simple and to the point, it's still a cool sounding name....what else can GL want, but uh-uh he had to name it Attack of the Clones.
And yes it is starting to sound less and less like a 50's movie, but thats because we all like SW therefore we fans tend to let this slip by.

But beware...beware GL....beware of the Clones under your bed....geez. :rolleyes:

Gabrobot
08-13-2001, 08:30 PM
Just don't think about it, and after a while it will become natural to call it Attack of the Clones.

Jedi_Prophecy
08-13-2001, 08:55 PM
You know what actually would have been a really good title if it only weren't already used; Episode II: Dark Force Rising to symbolise the demise & death of the Old Republic, Palpatine's growing rise and the evil burning inside Anakin.

Boba Fat
08-14-2001, 05:30 AM
I don't really give a damn what its called as long as it Star Wars I mean just cause its called Attack of the clones doesn't mean we cant call it Dance of the Shadows or clone dip on rye I just wanna see it. :o

Boba Fat

Sarcastic Saint
08-14-2001, 06:49 AM
Yeah Johnny K. that's something that occured to me too a few days ago.
But i didnt mention it here cause i thought like you did, namely that THAT particular title was already used, but still i agree that it would have been a perfect title.
Oh well guess we can't have it all. :( :D

BeastMaster
08-15-2001, 05:26 PM
OMG

CRATER!!!!

*runtacklehug*

Long time no see, m'Lady!

How've ye been?

cenca
08-19-2001, 11:48 AM
I agree with Darth Vader. The Clone Wars isn't a bad title. it is a thousand times better than AOTC. my first thought upon seeing that it was named AOTC was Attacj of the Killing Mutant Zombies Invading Earth. yeah...doesn't work.