PDA

View Full Version : Question about voice files

viktoria
04-23-2002, 04:13 PM
When I start on year 2 (in Rubacava), I have suddenly lost the speaking sound. I guess my CD is scratched or something and that the file with the sound is broken. I hope that I will get the sound back later in the game (I really miss Manny's voice).
Question: Does anyone know how much of the game each of those files covers?
If there were savegames uploaded somewhere, I would be able to check if the problem will persist throughout the game, in which case I will consider buying myself another copy of the game....

Any help would be appreciated.

MeddlingMonk
04-23-2002, 04:47 PM
I assume you're seeing text on the screen in place of the spoken dialog. The game has three modes where dialog is concerned: voice only, text and voice, and text only. If you are seeing text you probably got switched to text only. You can press CTRL-T to toggle through the different modes (or do it in the options page). Let's verify whether or not you're in voice only mode or something else before anything else.

viktoria
04-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the tip, but that's not it. I have checked the options page several times. I have no voices, only the sound effects. No voices in cutscenes either. If I reload any earlier savegame, such as the arrival in Rubacava, the voices are back.