PDA

View Full Version : Binding Taunts

[D12]SirBanshee
04-23-2002, 08:24 PM
I have succesfully binded /bind g +taunt to the JediTrainer's normal taunt.

I've also noticed the ...

tauntDeathInsult
tauntGauntlet
tauntKillInsult
tauntPraise
tauntTaunt

In the JO console list.
I tried binding these by
/bind h +tauntTaunt
/bind h +taunt Taunt
/bind h +taunt "Taunt"
/bind h "+tauntTaunt"

Has anyone been able to get these 5 other taunt commands to work?

Thrown Saber
04-24-2002, 12:14 AM
not me... But thanks for showing me how to taunt! I felt very left out and miserable when the 'others' were taunting me and laughing at me, when all I could do was vaporize them with a Tenloss or hack away at their bare skin with my cheap-o 'The Destroyer' double-bladed lightsaber.

bob_2934
04-24-2002, 05:05 PM
those are taunts for singleplayer, not for multiplayer... it involves things like spinning the sword and stuff, im working on making it so i can create a pk3 file so that those taunts are in multiplayer, i just need help with creating a pk3 file, i dont know how to do that, and i was hoping someone could help me, so if you can email me at bob_2934@lycos.com

and if u want the only taunt the current player has just hit shift+~ which opens the console, then type (bind x "+taunt") that will bind x to taunt, replace it with any key that you want for it to be that key to taunt them.

JediMouse
04-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Making a pk3 is easy. Use a zip program like WinZip, and simply change the filename extension from .zip to .pk3. Make sure the directory structure is maintained when you zip the files up, and voila!

~JediMouse~

PainGod
04-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Yep. WinZip. Works like a champ. Ever since, what? Quake 2? Has it worked that long? I'm getting old....

AdaMayhem
04-24-2002, 08:59 PM
where exactly do you do the binding for character's taunts? i dont quite understand

Darth Seph
04-24-2002, 09:01 PM
In Console mate : (shift + `)

KingDead
04-24-2002, 09:03 PM
you have to bind in the console
you can get to the console in game by holding down shift and pressing ~ (that is the key above tab)

AdaMayhem
04-25-2002, 03:24 AM
sweet thanks guys.