PDA

View Full Version : models from pk.3 question

whitby2000
04-24-2002, 03:59 PM
can someone tell me how to get the modles md3's from the pk.3 into my map I want to put some twin pod cloud cars on it when you go to objects it only says barrels then when I play the map it does not display them can any one help!!!!

phZ
04-24-2002, 04:12 PM
i also unpacked some of the models of the pk files and put them in the right path (models\map_objects\yavin\grass_tall_b.md3 for example), but when i import it into the map it isnt displayed and when i save and load the map i get an error (couldnt load md3 file etc..). i also tried to import one of my models but it also didnt work. i dont think its a prob with the model, because it worked with q3radiant. does any1 know a solution ?

whitby2000
04-24-2002, 04:19 PM
how do you import models I thought thay would be in the objects option from right clicking

phZ
04-24-2002, 04:22 PM
right click somewhere in the 2d view and select misc/misc_model. there you can choose the path of the model you want to import.

i can load the model with the md3 viewer and it works nice with quake3.

phZ
04-24-2002, 05:00 PM
problem fixed... just had to chance the path of the model after i imported it.

read that tutorial (http://jk2ed.jediknightii.net/bookofnoob.htm)

Tip: There is a bug in radiant when entering a misc_model. The value is wrong and points to the full path and that wont load the model.
do not use e:/program files/lucasarts etc. just delete everything infront of the word model.
what you should see as an example is in the value feild is models/flags/b_flag_ysal.md3

whitby2000
04-24-2002, 05:45 PM
thanks for youre help I also found how to do this on the book of nobb I now have a big hanger whith all the ships in hopefully people will make more md3's like the bwing and the atst that we can use in maps