PDA

View Full Version : Lighting........

Hell Raiser
04-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Ok, I add in a light entity, but it doesn't light up the whole level, no matter what I set the radius to.

I read about ambient lighting in a tutorial for another Radient, so I click on a brush, press n for the entity window, select worldspawn, add in ambient for key and a value of 100 (just to test it) and it did nothing. :(

Can someone take me through the ropes step by step for ambient lighting?

On a side note, how in the fraggin heck can I get lighting to be previewed in the 3d view? It's a pita to compile, check, redo, compile, redo again.......

PurplWulf
04-24-2002, 07:00 PM
lol, you just described my method perfectly
I add lighting, compile, open the map check it, then go back in and edit the lights, compile, open the map and check it.

that's they only way I know to check the lighting on a map so far unless mapping in Q3 offers that additional feature.

lucky my machine compiles maps pretty fast and I can do a fullvis in about 45 seconds for smaller maps

the purple one

Hell Raiser
04-24-2002, 07:04 PM
*cough*

Originally posted by Hell Raiser
Can someone take me through the ropes step by step for ambient lighting?

*cough*

;P

PurplWulf
04-24-2002, 07:12 PM
sorry man, can't help ya there
I'm a newbie to Q3 mapping myself

but if you figure it out, be sure to let other newbies like myself know

*pats Hell Raiser on the back*
that's a nasty cough you got there :D

the purple one

Hell Raiser
04-25-2002, 12:50 AM
*couughbumpcough*

UniKorn
04-25-2002, 07:22 AM
The only way to preview your lighting is by using mohradiant and cofigure it for JK2. It is possible, I am doing it. Just set your mod dir to base and your project paths to the appropriate jk paths.