PDA

View Full Version : Please editors: A Saber patch that is sooo obvious..

Inter
04-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Dear editors -

Why oh why does Dark Forces 2 and now Jedi Outcast have tapered sabers?

U watch the film and they are big meaty stick things - the same thickness all the way up.

I reckon this would be a fantastic patch that would put the icing on the cake - so please plleeeeezzz - someone take it on!!

PS - I know what youre thinking - its all about that it's easier to judge spacial awareness with a tapered point - but since red/yellow/blue buggers up the attack distance anyway - what's
the problem?

Am I the only person who thinks these tapered 'laser swords' look absolutely PANTS??????????

Cheers

Inter
04-24-2002, 06:32 PM
PS - they even have a tapered light saber as their FREAKING LOGO!!! HHEEELLLOOOOO???

(Sry - I aint slaggin off the developers- It's just one of those things that niggle at this amazing game)

spike232
04-24-2002, 07:19 PM
i would guess if u edit the blurr glow file or one of them u can get rid of the taper,

but it makes them look more elegent dont u think ;)

Schizophrenic
04-24-2002, 07:36 PM
Um... I'm pretty sure both Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul all had tapered points on their sabers... Luke and Vader I dunno, my tapes are worn out. :(

Vestril
04-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Apparently some Jedi have long straight and thick Sabers, and others have shorter, and tapered Sabers...maybe some have slightly bent Sabers?...
lol

L2.0
04-25-2002, 09:47 AM
indeed there are. Just as there is a blade that is made from infared, that is near invisible and generates intense heat, there are also many variety of hilts as well. Not all use on|off swithces, some use pressure sensitive pads...