PDA

View Full Version : Success!

senkusha
04-25-2002, 12:55 AM
So, after much trial and error, I actually got a model to compile and show up in modview. Here should be all the proof you need.
Just fyi it's ~70k.

http://home.earthlink.net/~senkusha/Gladiator_GLM.jpg

And just to clarify, that's the lower half of the gladiator model recently released for Q3. It has a full skeleton (well the lower half at least), no tags, no LODs, and a simple walk animation which does work. Now, as far as the process used to get it to work, I have to iron it out and refine it, but it was fairly straight forward. All I used was max 4, standard bones, the skin modifier, and assimilate. Actually, the hardest thing to get working was assimilate, It's a little picky about settings.

I did try to get it in the game by doing a "testmodel models/players/gladiator/model.glm" but it kept crashing even when i tried a different model such as kyle. Not sure if thats my system or if its a bug. Could somebody try it and let me know if it worked.

I'd like to start a FAQ or tutorial on this process. Any help is welcome and gladly encouraged.

seantree
04-25-2002, 06:16 AM
very good news. are you going to post your skeleton structure? I'll let you know if i get anywhere.

dreamstation
04-25-2002, 06:34 AM
Very nice model you have there! By the way, is that that Q4 Gladiator model for Quake3?