PDA

View Full Version : laying down cheaters ...

OPP
04-25-2002, 11:47 AM
everyone knows about the cheat/bug where you can lay down and look like you're dead right? well some guy was doing it tonite. pretty much its just like you're a corpse, but you can see everything around you and get up if you want.

anyway what he was doing that was annoying was, laying there like a corpse and then gripping and throwing. its hard to counter, because he's laying on the ground and you have to spin down etc....

anyone else encountered this?

*T¥RANITH*
04-25-2002, 11:50 AM
I certainly have seen people lying down on the ground and then able to get up quickly. I'm not sure how it's done but it's a bug in the game. I haven't seen someone use it the annoying way u described, although I spose it would b possible...

DarkAgent
04-25-2002, 11:58 AM
I have seen it.

I also saw a guy laying down not moving at all so that he looked like a corpse - when someone got near him he would whip out the rocket launcher for a one hit kill. Totally lame.

I know how to do the laying down thing (but I never use it on public servers - it's totally lame). It's not a bug or a cheat - more like a console function being used for something for which it was never intended.

These guys tick me right off.

Best advise I can give is post a message to warn the guy to stop doing it (which also lets everyone else in the server know what he's up to). After that, if he keeps it up, initiate a vote to have him kicked.

DA :rolleyes:

Usurper
04-25-2002, 01:27 PM
I know how to do that laying down thing.
Its funny to do it just to do it, but I would never use it as a cheap advantage to kill someone. I play for honour.

It is fun to get on the ground and start break dancing for sh1ts n giggles.

Darth Seph
04-25-2002, 01:29 PM
Most Jolt servers have a program called Cheat Death that scans your hard drive for cheats on Counter Strike and such. On there servers any way they might start up something the same. God Damn i hate cheaters.

icefox98
04-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Me and a few people on a server where doing this last night, it was really hilarious flying around just laying down. People were using it to get kills? Hrmmm. You couldnt even hit people with the saber out lying down, only if they were right on top of you, and we were just doing it for a laugh. its not a hack or anything, LOL.

Usurper
04-25-2002, 01:37 PM
The laying down trick is not accomplished using a cheat, it is mearly a set of console commands. Therefor, this "cheat death" program would be useless to eliviate this sort of thing.

I really dont see this is as that big of a problem.
If you see someone using this to kill people, just roll your eyes and feel sorry for them.

Fyunch Click
04-25-2002, 01:40 PM
People are also trying to use this to cap flags in CTF matches as well.

Usurper
04-25-2002, 01:44 PM
If somone notices that a body hasnt sunken into the ground after a minute and do not smell something funny, something is really really wrong with them.

This trick could not fool anyone with half a cup of common sense.

*T¥RANITH*
04-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Lol I creased first time I saw this happen, the guy was kinda lying on the floor twirling round...
Btw what IS the console command to do that anyway??

JNO_Blues
04-25-2002, 03:05 PM
I was in a game as Blazed_Vampire and I saw someone do that and kill someone. The easiest counter if you don't like it is just pick them up with grip that worked fine for me when I saw the guy do it again.

Jiro Kage
04-25-2002, 03:13 PM
It doesnt appear the hitboxes change when they appear to be laying down. If you jump on top of someone that is doing that you will notice you float in the air, about the level that the head would normally be.

Krash
04-25-2002, 03:19 PM
That is pretty funny to see. Before long, everyone will have this laying down script and it will either become a part of the game, or there will be a patch preventing it. You can't trust teams in competative play to just 'not use it'. :D

Kurgan
04-25-2002, 04:41 PM
What's the big deal, even if this is a bug?

You could do this in Unreal/UT (It was built in). Of course you couldn't actually FIGHT while you were feigning death.

Just shoot bodies you see with the Repeater or the Flechette.
I would think if anything they'd be a much wider target lying down than standing up with their saber out!
; )

Krash
04-25-2002, 04:54 PM
So you're suggesting that everytime you come across a corpse, you shoot the corpse to ensure that he is not alive, in turn wasting ammo if he is actually dead? I don't like that :|

Fyunch Click
04-25-2002, 04:54 PM
The issue is that they can move while they are lying down. This makes life difficult for those of us competing on team ladders.
Sure, we can make rules about preventing it, but we have to know about it first and then report it.

It's just a pain in the a$$. Also when, I'm trying to sneak in to make a cap, I don't want to go shooting up the place and let them know I'm coming.

The last bit is it can take up to a minute for a body to disappear. After a rush to grab the flag there can be a lot of bodies lying about. If someone did this in the middle of that you could have up to a minute to wait and grab the flag or kill defenders. This wouldn't be a problem IF it were a feature in the game, but as of now it is not. Until Raven makes it one we kind of have to view it as an exploit.

Krash
04-25-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Fyunch Click
The issue is that they can move while they are lying down. This makes life difficult for those of us competing on team ladders.
Sure, we can make rules about preventing it, but we have to know about it first and then report it.

It's just a pain in the a$$. Also when, I'm trying to sneak in to make a cap, I don't want to go shooting up the place and let them know I'm coming.

The last bit is it can take up to a minute for a body to disappear. After a rush to grab the flag there can be a lot of bodies lying about. If someone did this in the middle of that you could have up to a minute to wait and grab the flag or kill defenders. This wouldn't be a problem IF it were a feature in the game, but as of now it is not. Until Raven makes it one we kind of have to view it as an exploit.

agreed

MankaCat
04-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I have done this before......it seemed to involve wait commands and lag
anyone know how it works? :(

Usurper
04-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Lag has nothing to do with it.
It involves console commands, that is all.

D'akt Sangwar
04-25-2002, 06:49 PM
yeah i know how it works
u have to ........, its not really usefull, cos they can hit u same as b4 (same boxes) and bodies dont normally have sabres out n e way , i just use it while moving to have a slidey race with friends, fuuuuun fuuuuuuun

:)

edit: took out how, cos sum ppl are lamers and i dont want to come across a server full of ppl laying down waiting for me to run by

Wemuvin
04-25-2002, 08:03 PM
lol, if you fell for that trick you are truly a n00b :cool:

Btw its not a cheat or a hack, its just a model bug you can get, and besides, its funny as hell too :p So stop badmouthing it.

Fyunch Click
04-25-2002, 08:08 PM
[/sarcasm]Gosh, thanks for your insight. I'm feeling so ashamed of my nooBness right now.[/end sarcasm]

Kurgan
04-25-2002, 11:57 PM
So you're suggesting that everytime you come across a corpse, you shoot the corpse to ensure that he is not alive, in turn wasting ammo if he is actually dead? I don't like that :|

But it has that cool disintigratation effect! Besides, what's one shot?

Well I'm sure if Raven thinks it's a serious enough problem, they'll address it in their patch that's sure to come out eventually.

power_ed
04-26-2002, 12:06 AM
hmmm.. i have never seen this on a server? what are the symptoms that this dude lying there is not dead? can i tell if he's not? or better yet.. could someone PM me how to so i could find out for myself..

::/Ed

Darth Abbadon
04-26-2002, 12:17 AM
This should be simple enough to take care of on the Nar Shaddaa maps: Just try to push off the body.

Sith knight
04-26-2002, 03:33 AM
If you are observant, corpses should have blood on the mouth and laying in all different ways. But 'flake corpse' is not, of course it is difficult to tell in a rush.

geronimo27
04-26-2002, 05:06 AM
I find it humorous that those who know how to do this say that this is not a hack, cheat, or a bug, but just a combination of moves.

However, those who have asked how it is done have not gotten any response. And in fact, one person who knows how to do this "not cheat" said they removed the how explanation because they didn't want to come across a server with other people doing it.

steeef
04-26-2002, 07:34 AM
here's a nice example (and by "nice" i mean "disturbing"):

http://melkor.uoregon.edu/steve/images/shot0000.jpg

http://melkor.uoregon.edu/steve/images/shot0001.jpg

Elijah
04-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Why doesnt someone just post it? i just wanna see this MYSELF... i am not gonna go Fagatizing Servers with it.

*T¥RANITH*
04-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Yea but the point is, other people WILL

Krash
04-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Pubs aren't the concern here. The problem occurs when it's being used in competition. Will the community support it or frown upon it? If we dissaprove of this, teams will lose respect for using it competatively, and hopefully that is enough to make them stop using it. If the community supports this though... the script will be exploited and let the games begin.

D'akt Sangwar
04-26-2002, 03:52 PM
every one wants to do it, i dont see the harm here u go

i found it hard at first, but it gets easier
and u can do it while moving to slide around which is fun
it also seems easier when running, even though thats prob just me :)

edit:took it out again :( dont wanna make ppl upset

DarkAgent
04-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by D'akt Sangwar

Sigh :rolleyes:

I guess everybody will be exploiting now. Thx alot D'

/Sarcasm Off/

Seriously... keep it off the internet servers folks.

DA

D'akt Sangwar
04-26-2002, 04:19 PM
ok ok
i took it out

MankaCat
04-26-2002, 05:09 PM
nice to see someone take a stand, Dak't
you spineless cretin

Arthorus
04-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Admittedly, I have not seen this technique (cheat, script, etc.) used before, so I'm not sure exactly how much of an advantage you get. Please take the following with a grain of salt, that being said.

Isn't it totally conceivable that laying down and playing dead is a legitamite (though not completely honorable) maneuver?

It's one thing if the technique offers a logitical advantage, such as allowing the person to attack while significantly reducing the area upon which they can be struck. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. The fact of the matter is that if an individual is laying down in a pile of corpses, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting victim, then I wouldn't call that a cheat, just underhanded and devilishly clever.

There is something to be said for the fact that only a select number of people know how to make this maneuver available. But perhaps instead of outlawing the technique, it would be more advantageous to make it available to all.

What are your thoughts on this pov?

skywelker
04-26-2002, 06:46 PM
I don't know if this will work, but give it a try. Just use the seeing power, if they're alive they'll show up in the gold outline and it doesn't use much force. Maybe it'll work

Madcow
04-26-2002, 11:25 PM
I know how to lay down, but my version of it won't let you move, It is pretty fun being able to do sit ups tho :{)

TheSoupNazi
04-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Well, since I'm very paranoid, I stab corpses anyways with my trusty lightsaber, so there isn't much threat for me :D.
BTW, this would really be handle in duel with no force...

OPP
04-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Usurper
If somone notices that a body hasnt sunken into the ground after a minute and do not smell something funny, something is really really wrong with them.

This trick could not fool anyone with half a cup of common sense.

hate to say it but this isn't true, and I'm no n00b either. On a saber only server where you can throw people off this become very effective.

I don't understand your point either. Do you stand there watching EVERY single body and then timing them to see if they've sunken in the ground? no obviously not ...

If you've run around a corner and you see a body there, who knows if its someone thats just died, you can't tell if they're cheating or just a corpse. The disadvantage is then they will grip you unawares, start sliding away or force push you when you're not ready.

To tell me I should know or be ready or am stupid for not knowing they're cheating is stupid in itself. I'm sure you have this cheat and use it yourself either for fun or to win ......

Pseudonym
04-27-2002, 12:23 AM
I've seen people use the hands cheat along side with this. That makes it harder to notice them.

[D12]SirBanshee
04-27-2002, 03:42 AM
This isn't so much of a cheat people.

If you don't have the healthindicator crosshair enabled its fairly easy to pick up on this feign death move. If they're alive, they're still red on your crosshair, if they aren't, then NP.

As for CTF, its part of it. CTF is meant to be sneaky/tricky. It just makes it so you as the player have to be more cautious. And if you want to become skilled your going to eventually have to learn to be this.

The hands I can see as a possible "cheat", but this feign death isn't.

Mattock
04-27-2002, 03:56 AM
The easiest way to tell if its a person or corpse is this, listen up:

AIM AT THE PERSON.

If it is a person, their name will pop up.
If it is a corpse, no name will pop up.

If a name shows up, walk up, crouch and kill the bugger.

Simple as that :)

I've seen someone using this too, but it really isn't that effective. He would run into a crowd though and lay down. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me really, hehe.

OPP
04-27-2002, 04:06 AM
if its not a cheat then post it up for everyone to use, and let it spread around all over the net for the n00bs to exploit ...

someone who said it isn't a cheat post it up!

PsiSilverthorn
04-27-2002, 04:32 AM

edit:took it out again :( dont wanna make ppl upset

ARRGGG!!! Smacks D'akt Sangwar around a few times!

I wish I knew what the command was because I play with a friend of mine sometimes and it would be SO funny to pull this trick on him once! hehehehe Of course it would be lame to see people using it on the public servers but if somebody did use it I don't think they could do so more than once before people caught on and took special care around corpses.

D'akt Sangwar
04-27-2002, 06:25 AM
i really wanna post it
i dont use the crazy colour changing way
but ppl will start going "thanks D'akt u fanny, all the chunks will be using it now"

Bronzefist
04-27-2002, 07:15 AM
i really wanna post it
but ppl will start going "thanks D'akt u fanny, all the chunks will be using it now"

Mind Private Messaging it to me? :) I definitely have someone in mind that I want to use this on.

Also, this lay down thing really isnt THAT bad. I saw a guy using it today in a FFA server and there are ALOT of ways you can detect someone who's doing it:

1) You cant run past the corpse. You have to run AROUND it. If you try to run over it your character will stop as if he's running into a wall.

2) You can still see their name under your crosshair (as someone already mentioned). ALL you have to do is briefly move your crosshair over any suspicious corpse. If it turns red and you see a name, then its someone faking.

3) The "dead" character's position is always the same. Although this game has alot of death animations, there is only one that you need to be suspicious of. The "fake death" basically has the character on the ground in a spread eagle position. Just take extra care whenever you see someone like this.

4) Use common sense. If you see some player in a stormtrooper skin using this alot, then be wary of any stormtrooper corpses on the ground. Most people dont bother switching their skins alot during the game.

5) Force Seeing works as well (as someone mentioned). What does a lvl 1 force see cost? 1 or 2 pts?

There are probably even more ways to deal with it. Those are just off the top of my head.

Also, have any of you ever played Team Fortress? There was a character who could fake his death in there. Did that ruin the game?

Peace,
Bronze

OPP
04-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bronzefist

Also, have any of you ever played Team Fortress? There was a character who could fake his death in there. Did that ruin the game?

Peace,
Bronze

no, because its part of the game. If this is part of the game then someone post the code for the world to see. And yes I allready have it so its not for me, and I wouldn't use it either because its annoying.

i dont deny its not funny seeing someone doing it or break dancing etc. and I'm not saying its impossible to detect, but i feel its in the same category as using the arms-skin bug.

[Dom_Pmd]
04-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by OPP

If this is part of the game then someone post the code for the world to see. And yes I allready have it so its not for me, and I wouldn't use it either because its annoying.

Way to contradict yourself there smart guy!

Btw, it's not a "CODE," but rather a method.

:jango:

Krash
04-27-2002, 12:23 PM
I think that some ladders will forbid laying down. If that is the case, I for one will be telling my team to demo everything, for hard proof if a team is using it. The camera don't lie :D

PsiSilverthorn
04-27-2002, 05:37 PM
i really wanna post it

Well you could just email it to me :)
bellchris@cox.net

I would love to do this for my friend...It would be worth quite a few laughs.

Picasso
04-27-2002, 05:42 PM
E-mail it to me!
robin_kagstrom@hotmail.com!!!

TheSoupNazi
04-27-2002, 07:22 PM
E mail it to me!!!
Deathbymonkeyscs@aol.com

Tab
04-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Well, from a certain point of veiw. If it was posted publicly Raven would be forced to fix the problem, because of mass use. Instead of just ignoring it. However, I wont post it because I bet Raven will fix it.

Sokaran
04-27-2002, 10:29 PM
I dont think this is a cheat. Its not like you cant lay down in RL. Just get over it.

Or try dancing like this :monkey4:

NewBJedi
04-27-2002, 11:04 PM
I think it should be a legit key bind in the game.

It's a great addition - I mean we get fiend death as a bug - just like skiing in Tribes 1.

It should be a real command - +fiend_death or something.

It's very difficult to kill anyone while laying down, and it's very easy to kill the person with a forward strike.

I think it adds to the complex mixture of the game that already exists - I mean you could easily fiend death in real life. :)

It doesn't lag me at all.

Okay, here it is folks:

bind key "color1 1; wait; color1 2; wait; color1 1"

key = whatever key want.

I'm not sharing a cheat or bug, I'm just making it equally useable.

OPP
04-27-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sokaran
I dont think this is a cheat. Its not like you cant lay down in RL. Just get over it.

Or try dancing like this :monkey4:

I did the dance, its all better now :D

Darth Abbadon
04-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by NewBJedi

It's a great addition - I mean we get fiend death as a bug - just like skiing in Tribes 1.

It's very difficult to kill anyone while laying down, and it's very easy to kill the person with a forward strike.

I think it adds to the complex mixture of the game that already exists - I mean you could easily fiend death in real life. :)

Okay, here it is folks:

key = whatever key want.

Interesting. This is different than the one that D'akt posted (which I got to see before he edited it). I haven't tried either of them yet. Until this is a supported thing by Raven, I'll refrain from using it on public servers.

Bronzefist
04-28-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by NewBJedi

Okay, here it is folks:

key = whatever key want.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Peace,
Bronze

PsiSilverthorn
04-28-2002, 05:08 AM
Ok I did the above binding and just tried it out with a server I created with just me....What are you supposed to see? The light saber flashes and my character's animation stays still if I'm moving but it doesn't lie down. I don't get it. Or is it just the other people that play see you as a corpse but you don't? If so do you just hold down the key and you appear as a corpse? If you let go the key do you stand back up?

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 08:31 AM
thats not how i do it
thats sum crazy way

PsiSilverthorn
04-28-2002, 05:06 PM
So what happens when you do it? What exactly do you see? Do you have to hold down the key or do you stay down until you attack or something? I don't know if the way posted above works or not but I don't see myself lying down.

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 05:32 PM
bind 2 models to two keys
eg:
bind o model reborn/red
bind p model reborn/blue

then press at same time, or one jjust infront of other
its a bit tricky at first
but it gets easier, i find it alot easier to do while moving, then u can slide along :D

PsiSilverthorn
04-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the commands but you still didn't answer my question.

IE What do YOU see? Cause I just tried it and all I see is my model changing from the blue to red reborn and vice versa. There is also a hesitation in the animation while moving but that's it. The character doesn't lie down.

princessliar
04-28-2002, 07:01 PM
IE What do YOU see? Cause I just tried it and all I see is my model changing from the blue to red reborn and vice versa. There is also a hesitation in the animation while moving but that's it. The character doesn't lie down. Same here, it just flicks between red and blue reborn. :/

power_ed
04-28-2002, 07:26 PM
bind 2 models to two keys
eg:
bind o model reborn/red
bind p model reborn/blue

then press at same time, or one jjust infront of other
its a bit tricky at first
but it gets easier, i find it alot easier to do while moving, then u can slide along :D

how's that gonna get my dude lying down?

:confused:

PsiSilverthorn
04-28-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm begining to think we've been had....Never seen anybody do this in a game and when I tried both options posted I don't see anything beyond the change in colors. Don't get me wrong...If this is for real and you are just trying to be helpful then I appreciate it but I haven't heard an answer to a VERY simple question I have had....IE how is this move supposed to look to the one doing it. Please describe and post a screenshot if you can. Also if it is supposed to look like your lying down then what am I doing wrong because neither of those commands make me lie down. This would have been a great pratical joke to play on my friend but it looks like I won't be able to.

Mr. White
04-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Thank God, finally a situation worth whining about. This is an actual annoyance/cheat, not someone complaning about how there are three stances and they don't know how to take advantage of the slowness of the strong style.

Thank you
Thank you

power_ed
04-28-2002, 07:45 PM
nah.. it's real.. i've seen it out on the servers..

could be something like:

bind x "death_ani; dead_player;"

(dont know the animations names but u get the idea right?)

keto
04-28-2002, 08:21 PM
personally if the laying down thing stays in i think that bodies shoudl be able to be gibed with a saber, and most kills with a saber should end up where the body has been sliced in 2 or is missing and arm leg or head, it woudl make it much more identifiable. i understand however that jk2 developers wanted to keep down the rating of maturity, but realisticly parts woudl be lopped off like no tommorow.

-Keto

... Play Rune

power_ed
04-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by keto

... Play Rune

NO!

:D :D :D

Monkers
04-29-2002, 01:18 AM
also .. if you hold the mouse over a dead body, you will notice no name appears ... but if you do the same thing with someone having a lie down, then they will be named.

I have seen this done a lot, and I know how to do it - but I have never seen it used to score cheap kills, and I have never used it for that myself.

Someone recorded a demo of a tower we built, about six or seven of us all lying down, spinning around, funny as hell.

NewBJedi
04-29-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by keto
personally if the laying down thing stays in i think that bodies shoudl be able to be gibed with a saber, and most kills with a saber should end up where the body has been sliced in 2 or is missing and arm leg or head, it woudl make it much more identifiable. i understand however that jk2 developers wanted to keep down the rating of maturity, but realisticly parts woudl be lopped off like no tommorow.

It's easy to kill a person lying down... just forward lunge.

Darth Wac
04-29-2002, 01:31 AM
Anyone who is annoyed by the stoopid hands models and color shifters can easily tell their computer to "force models" just like in Q3A and the other player's model will be just like yers. As far the laying down goes, there are other positions that can be assumed, just have fun with the thing then dfa/ds the beyatch.

jmcdavel
04-29-2002, 03:56 AM
You won't be able to lay down on your own server you create, its dependent on server lag. If you can't get it to work on a server, use more wait commands.

D'akt Sangwar
04-29-2002, 04:17 AM
if any1 wants proof ill make a vid of me doing it
or u can join a game with me
anyone wanna?

Shiik
04-29-2002, 04:23 AM
Ok. Where do u people get info on how to do stuff like this? CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA! i wouldn't use it to cheat, i grew out of that long ago. Is there a website that tells u all this stuff? like how to bind keys to become different skins, ect. I wanna know! I fell like im left out or something.

power_ed
04-29-2002, 04:38 AM
if any1 wants proof ill make a vid of me doing it
or u can join a game with me
anyone wanna?

sure.. name the server..

D'akt Sangwar
04-29-2002, 04:48 AM
i have a demo of it
but ill still join a server with u
i cant now cos i have to go to school soon
ps: how do i turn my demo file into an mpeg?

power_ed
04-29-2002, 04:52 AM
i have a demo of it
but ill still join a server with u
i cant now cos i have to go to school soon
ps: how do i turn my demo file into an mpeg?

dunno...

but most ppl here has the game, so they can just put it in the demos folder and it should work....

D'akt Sangwar
04-29-2002, 04:53 AM
ok gimme a place to send it to and i will

power_ed
04-29-2002, 05:04 AM
sorry dude.. i dont have a place u can upload it to :(

D'akt Sangwar
04-29-2002, 05:15 AM
:(
damn
well can i email it to you?
so at least u can see it

PsiSilverthorn
04-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Well I finally got it to work now that you said that it won't on my own server becuase it requires lag..But I did try it out on a public server (with nobody else there)

power_ed
04-29-2002, 07:04 AM
i tried it to.. it makes my conection interrupted everytime.. :-(

[D12]SirBanshee
04-29-2002, 04:56 PM
If it lags you at all just do this. Whatever you download at, be it like 5kpbs put your /rate 4500 when you try to do it. Should help with the connection interrupted stuff.

[D12]SirBanshee
04-29-2002, 04:57 PM
Drop your rate a little and you should be ok to use it. But if you use it too much it can cuase a continous problem.

power_ed
04-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by [D12]SirBanshee
If it lags you at all just do this. Whatever you download at, be it like 5kpbs put your /rate 4500 when you try to do it. Should help with the connection interrupted stuff.

please spell it out for me dude.. i dont get it :(

gish the monkey
05-07-2002, 04:37 AM
I have been searching for almost 2 hours and I FINALLY found how to lay down! Thank You! Another model tweak to have fun with. :) Time to go swan diving with a corpse! :D

blujay
05-07-2002, 05:01 AM
Yes, it does require some lag to work. Sometimes you have to do it several, or even quite a few, times before you lie down.

FYI, the combo I use is: "color1 0; wait; wait; color1 1; wait; wait; color1 0;"

The color numbers don't matter as long as they are different (so that a change takes place).

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

A cheat? Not if everyone can do it.

A somewhat-cheap trick, depending on the circumstances? Maybe.

On the other hand, it's a new tactic to use in games. Imagine you're playing CTF in Warring Factions, you run around a corner on the upper catwalk, and see someone lying down. You might run by, thinking they're dead, then they can surprise you from behind. And just think: You can do the same thing to them!

And it's often quite funny. So it's not really that big a deal folks.

NewBJedi
05-07-2002, 05:07 AM
I believe the new patch kills it now. :)