PDA

View Full Version : Hi Jedi's!

Jay Ors
04-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Jedi Master Jay here! lol ;)

Well, I've been a massive fan of Dark Forces and Star Wars in general, I can't wait until Episode II is released, the battles scenes look spectacular!

I bought Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast a week back via Amazon.com. Their service was great, it was delivered to me in two days! I haven't got Jedi Knight I though, I didn't realise it was out at the time of release - I'll probably try it out after I successfully complete Jedi Knight II.

I was attracted to this marvellous game like a magnet when it appeared in this month's copy of PCZONE. The graphics look spectacular, I can't wait to play it! It's an early birthday present for me, but I can't play it just yet! :( I have Windows 2000, and because it's based on NT, it doesn't support JKII. But I'm downgrading to Windows 98 any day now, so I can't wait to get my hands on this mouthwatering title.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/images/downloads/icons/jan.gif And you may be thinking, am I related to Jan Ors, lol - she's the best character by far in Dark Forces and JKII, a true legend!

So no doubt I'll be having a great time on these forums, I hope I enjoy chatting to you all!

Cheers,
Jay Ors :D

Darth Seph
04-25-2002, 06:34 PM
WHAT an explosive entrance!!! lol

Digital_Ronin
04-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Welcome to this board! :)

You might want to upgrade to XP instead?
Runs very smooth on my machine and I'll never go back to 98 again. :D

Digital_Ronin
:tied:

Fyunch Click
04-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Erm,

Jay, Win 2k does run JK2. Just so you know. :)

And welcome! :)

JimLad
04-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah, runs well on 2k here. Dont go back to win 98 - its terrible! 2k is based on but isn't NT. All new games run fine on 2k - its the older ones (1998 and earlier) you have to watch for.

Jay Ors
04-25-2002, 06:47 PM
It's OpenGL that's a problem. When I load JKII, the Quake III Arena-style blue loading screen appears, and then after the monitor flickers somewhat, it comes up flashing in red - something like 'Cannot open OpenGL subsystem' or words to that effect. Do I download OpenGL for Windows 2000?

JediMouse
04-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com to make sure all your service packs and things are up to date. This is also a must to keep up with security issues.

~JediMouse~

Hiteche5
04-25-2002, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the Forums!! :)

the 7th Jedi
04-25-2002, 08:13 PM
that same error happened to my friend on his win xp system, he just upgraded his video card drivers to fix that error.

TheDarkJedi
04-26-2002, 12:34 AM
i fixed that problem by downloading and running GL Setup at http://www.glsetup.com it worked for me, but i have win 98

SPY_jmr1
04-26-2002, 12:57 AM
hiya welcome to the fourms.... hear *forks over lightsaber(re) candy bar gift TM* enjoy.

/rant

I am so pissed at all the people saying"win2k is CRAP! wont run anything!"

this is right on the button : Go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com to make sure all your service packs and things are up to date.

I dont care how long it takes, get it ALL!

it will be like a whole new OS after the restart....

btw that pre1998 bull is just that. bull. i can and do run dark forces(yes the old one) with full vid, full sound, and everthing else you want.... on a P4 1.4Ghz w/512 ram and GF2...

/rant mode off

if you are gonna get jki(1) you have to get atleast one mod... SBX3.1 .

http://www.newcollective.org/sbx site seems to be down right now, but is also at massassi.net

patch commander is also a must.

welcome to the fourms again and ignore the morons and the idiots and the a@@****'s and the di*****'s...... and if i keep going i will be here all night...:D

Wes Janson SMR
04-26-2002, 01:54 AM
And uh.... The plural form of Jedi is "Jedi"...with no "s"..

'-)

NerfYoda
04-26-2002, 02:09 AM
I declare you the happiest person EVER, Jay. :) Have fun on the forums!

toolboi
04-26-2002, 04:06 AM
The plural form of Jedi is "Jedi"...with no "s"..

Unless your the bar tender (chiss?) in which case Jedis is singular as well. :D

Darth Slayne
04-26-2002, 04:54 AM
Jedi Master!? :p

Methinks Padawan learner until you complete your training ie: finish the game. ;) Anyhow, happy hunting and welcome, but beware the dark side...just look what became of me:ball: :lightning :violin:

hyrit
04-26-2002, 04:57 AM
Are yous making fun of his speeches? Be careful, or hes will take yous out with the garbages.

Wes Janson SMR
04-26-2002, 05:39 AM
Trulies...

'-)