PDA

View Full Version : Come to Outcast Strategy for all your Multiplayer Needs!

Kurgan
04-26-2002, 02:46 AM
That's right, we finally got it ready. Granted, there's still more to add to it (namely the saber section, and some more pretty screenshots), but most of all what I need is YOUR contributions.

That's right, we take requests. ; )

Visit the site, and send your email to myself or Swoosh.

http://strategy.jediknightii.net

Tarus
04-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Found an error. Minimum force attack gives the blue stance, not yellow. In single play you get medium, light, then heavy but in multiplay its light, medium, heavy.

Ill test it again in a little bit to be sure but I rarly forget little things like that.

-Edit: just confirmed. Rank 1 in attack gives only light stance, rank 2 is light and medium, and of course everyone knows rank 3.

Another minor error found under Jedi Mind Trick, last paragraph:
"When facing Force Seeing, listen for the footsteps and saber hum of the enemy, or turn on Force Seeing to reveal them. Once their cover is blown, they will either attack you are flee, so be prepared for what comes next!" When facing "mind trick" liste...

Kurgan
04-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Thanks! Fixed, and fixed!

Also, I goofed, it's actually "Fast, Medium and Strong" not "Heavy" in multiplayer. That's fixed now too. ; )

Lord Ender
04-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Site looks nice, Kurgan!

Kurgan
04-29-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanks Ender, and I give you props as well, as you'll note. ; )

Sadly I'm going to be slow to finish what I started with this crappy ISP deal, but I did make some small updates in the last two days (namely in the forms of some much needed pics).

Let me know if the site is killing the dial-up users yet, heh.

[QGA]Vertigo
05-01-2002, 11:58 PM
kewl..

/me applies as trainer ;)

BTW, it's not an error, but mising information...
The needed force jump level for wall-walks and such is force level 2...

Kurgan
05-02-2002, 04:50 PM
I believe that's mentioned already in the Lightsaber section, but email me at kurgan@mchsi.com or post here and tell me which page(s) I forgot to mention it on, and I'll make the correction.

Aoshi
05-09-2002, 03:34 AM
Kurgan you are one helluva active administrator. Thanks for all your hard work. All the information you provided proves very useful :D

Twins of Doom
05-13-2002, 09:20 PM
looks pretty good.....but one question...
WHY DOES EVERYBODY USE LUCASFORUMS!?!?! DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SET UP THEIR OWN FORUMS (i don't know about anybody else but i prefer to see sites where people go out and do the work....and then they can get their own colour schemes too........)

Kurgan
05-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Okay, keep in mind that this is my "day off" from hiking the Appalachian Trail (I'm at a library computer in Virginia right now) and I won't have internet for the next 5 days or so until I get home (assuming the cable company really does hook up my new ISP right away, which I doubt).

The link to the Anti-Saberist code needs to be updated, and without my computer, I can't do that (I emailed Swoosh about it just a minute ago).

Anyhow, as to the forums, well, they're already paid for, and OS is part of the LFN so I don't see why using their forums is a problem, all hosted sites are entitled to have their own forums. We could mess around with the style and colors, but I just don't feel it's necessary. ; )

I've been thinking about what to add for the 1.03 updates, and I finally got a chance to watch AOTC, but I can't really do anything right now, have to wait until I get back! Thanks for the feedback people. I calculated that it will take about 3 hours to get all my email from my kurgan@jediknightii.net account when I finally do get to access it again (Ugh).

2003 Update: As last February, all my email accounts are dead except for kurgan@mchsi.com. I would like to get the @jediknightii.net one working again, but I need help with that.

Twins of Doom
05-20-2002, 09:23 PM
ya well there is other free things too like PHPBB or YaBB

Chuahtemoc
05-21-2002, 02:00 AM
:c3po:

Lightsaber Strategies

Attack, Flip, Attack
The potential in the Fast Style is endless, but the medium style has its perks, too. This must be done with precision and timing. When your enemy lets his guard down (An easy way to do this is to wait a while after taking a few hits, kill your saber, etc. Jum forward and take a horizontal slash. He'll probably block it, but be persistent. Strafe left, but quickly Strafe-Flip right. Slash horizontally immeadiately as you hit the ground, and you should fake him and get him at the side.

The Shooting Saber
Pull a LOT of fast blows with the saber on Fast style. Immediately whip out the Bryar to fake out your opponent. Shoot off into a corner, and he may turn to look. If not, good for him, but whip out the saber and sway side to side while slashing at him. Every other time, shoot with the E11 or something to piss him off. Remember, for light Jedi, it's easier to kill on defense.

Pull to Crotch Shot
Force pull you opponent, then flip over him and get him in a corner. Take a few head shots, jump, and land in a Crouching position. Then give him a good ol' crotch jab with that glowing rod in your hand.

Other Secret Moves
Crawling Saber
Crouch, then throw your saber. While the saber is in the air, jump to catch it. It'll swerve up and the guy ahead of you won't guess that it'll hit him in the head.

Rollback
Crouch+Forward+Crouch+Back+Jump+Crouch+Back
Technically, this should get you to roll forward first, then retreat, and do more damage to the opponent on the second roll backwards.

Powerpunch
Keep your finger on the 7 key, and make sure you have good shielding. Stay on the defensive side, take a lot of hits, then snap up the DEMP 2 and tost his ass before he sees it coming.

:fett: VS. :jawa :jawa :ewok: :ewok: = :biggs: ?????:confused:

Chuahtemoc
05-21-2002, 06:26 PM
:c3po:

In & Out
Keep you opponent on Defense. Once he is faked, Force Push him away. Then Flip and land in a Crouch+Forward+Attack. Then Flip back and wait for him to recuperate. If you do it right, he'll never know what hit him.

The "Reborn" Trick
Allow your self to stay on defense and keep your guard loose. Then, strike once or twice, and let your guard fall again. Once he's sure he can beat you, press Forward+Jump+Attack and you'll pull one of those fancy flipping things and spin to Hit him in the back. It's a 3 Point Hit, once in the front, once overhead, and once in the back. The Reborn do it all the time in single player, and if your opponent is willing enough to underestimate you, he'll fall for this.

A NON-Jedi????

Blackprince
05-24-2002, 09:32 AM
[The "Reborn" Trick
Allow your self to stay on defense and keep your guard loose. Then, strike once or twice, and let your guard fall again. Once he's sure he can beat you, press Forward+Jump+Attack and you'll pull one of those fancy flipping things and spin to Hit him in the back. It's a 3 Point Hit, once in the front, once overhead, and once in the back. The Reborn do it all the time in single player, and if your opponent is willing enough to underestimate you, he'll fall for this.

A NON-Jedi???? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have tried doing this trick but it seems to be very hard to execute......I only manage to do it a few time by chance...do I tab the keys or hold it???

Kurgan
05-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Nice job guys, though if you want a shot at getting that stuff posted, please email it to me (kurgan@mchsi.com) or better yet send it to Swoosh. I haven't had time to check the forums as often as I'd like (no net access at home yet).

But, posting here is good too I guess so others can see it before it (eventually) gets posted! ; )

Dragonsbane
06-02-2002, 10:23 AM
It's a simple tactic but its useful in duel maps.For this move you need level 3 grip and heavy styled saber.Make your oppenet follow you and take him near a corner then grip him and take him to a corner get very neaa him as you grip .When grip ends he falls down choking hit him and he will die instanously

[MT]Polecat
06-03-2002, 08:59 AM
I think the site is very good but a part with some combo force attacks and their usage would be great and when gou get time you could get this kind of information.

:atat: Viva La Revolution :atat:

iceman9722
06-05-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Blackprince
The "Reborn" Trick

He's talking about the Medium finisher move. Tap Forward+Jump+Attack with Medium when someone is right in front of you. You have to have a red reticule on them for it to happen. Your guy will kind of dive down headfirst and stab with the saber, and then flourish his saber out to the right. This technique is actually pretty effective. Let your opponent think he is on the offense and sit back and parry a bit. When he tries to be more aggressive, do the Medium finisher. You should dive right on top of him and stab him, and if that doesn't kill him, your flourish with the blade will. Be careful not to use it too frequently, though, because it leaves you wide open for a long time.

Catalyst22
06-05-2002, 09:41 PM
I haven't found anyone who can consistently defeat absorb with pull or backstab yet. I use dark force powers and tend to win all my matches when I use force pull and a finishing move combo. I admittedly do not do well without force. Of all the combos in the game there is none that will take out any combination of pull/push and backstab/roundhouse. If there is please let me know. There is some other "cool" moves but when it comes to just ruthlessly beating your opponent down go for kick then drain then pull then backstab. Works every time.

Ken Kasanagi
06-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Always stick to da basics if u wanna win (well of most time we just wanna look cool rolling fliping and wall running...) in medium stance, a simple strafe left slash follow by a right one comes out as fast as though it is only one hit but deals a sweet 60 hp

mind trick + kick while saber is off is da sweeeetest stealth move ever

when playing as merc, always aim below da belt, jedis have trouble blocking low and if they crouch, all da deflect shots goes diagonally up over ur head plus he will have a hard time getting near ur while crouch walking

when confuse, hold theromal den for 3 seconds and run into enemy

Twins of Doom
06-15-2002, 01:37 PM
surprise, that is all you ever need

3lac|< 1c3
06-17-2002, 06:04 PM
I'd have to give this site 5 stars for service. I was frustrated with my constant ass kickings in multiplayer but this site enlightened me further about the mystery of the ForcE. Kudos to who made that site and post more stuff later :D. Or I shall destroy you with my newbie powers!! :atat: :atat:

Twins of Doom
06-20-2002, 12:12 PM
if you want you can put links to some of the articles on my site

http://jkhq.ath.cx/strategy.php

thats the page with all the articles

and then their is also Weapons, Force Powers and Saber (coming soon) on the sidebar that you could link to

but if you do, it would be nice if you could give me credit by making it a link to my site and not just putting the information on your site

YES 400 POSTS!:D

Life=Deatj
06-23-2002, 01:46 PM
i saw this guy do this powerful 720 or was it 540 spin... does anybody know how to do it?? if so post it plz... ty!:D

Darth Vader19
06-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Sitez NICE better than anythin ive seen b4
NICE JOB KURGAN

Kurgan
07-09-2002, 08:39 AM
Thank you for all the kind comments! As to the guys who sent stuff in, I'll have to ask you to PLEASE RESEND EVERYTHING TO kurgan@iastate.edu! My old account got screwed up and filled up, now I can't access it (gotta get the guys to help me fix that one).

Anyway, I was hoping to do some updates for the new 1.03 patch and this looks as good a time as any, since it appears we won't have an official one for awhile (if at all).

But, I still need to do some maintainence on my computer first, so it will be awhile, maybe a few weeks. Then I can start to add those links, so don't stop sending them in! (just send them to kurgan@mchsi.com)

PM's and posting here are fine, but it's a bit slower method, since I check my email almost daily, but don't get a chance to read every post on the forums.

Histys-History
08-06-2002, 08:16 AM
Heres a quite hard trick to pull off, use strong style and crouch down, then when they are far away, flip backwards and use the jumping forward weird attack.... lol i dunno what the hell it is, or in other words the red special and then bam, they dont know what hit um, hey, it got me 30 kills in 1 game doing that!!!! :p

The jawas are taking over!! :jawa :jawa :jawa :jawa :jawa :jawa

Kurgan
08-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Ah, at long last, I have returned!

As some of you know, I had a nasty hard drive crash some time ago, making it impossible to update until now. I've now begun work on updating the Outcast Strategy page to include the changes in the 1.03/1.04 patches that were released by Raven.

Hopefully, if all goes well, the site should be ready in about a week.

Also, I hope to add some more content to the guides section soon. ; )

teutonicknight
08-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Thats good news :)

Kurgan
08-26-2002, 04:43 AM
More good news:

sith's article is up, and I've put in place most of the patch updates. I still need to test or obtain the mana use values for Force Drain in 1.03/4 though.

teutonicknight
09-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
More good news:

sith's article is up, and I've put in place most of the patch updates. I still need to test or obtain the mana use values for Force Drain in 1.03/4 though.

Yeah, that guide is awesome :)

Kurgan
09-10-2002, 10:26 PM
Sadly, you might not see any updates for awhile (thankfully I was able to mostly complete the updates I'd planned already) because I'm having more computer problems.

This time it's with Win98SE, ; p I can't even get into my OS without it BSODing on me. I tried to reinstall the OS but it just hangs as it tries to detect plug and play devices.

So, hopefully I can get it fixed soon, but, well... it really sucks.

; p

teutonicknight
09-11-2002, 10:34 PM
Hm..... you seam to have lots of computer problems...... :(

Kurgan
09-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I don't know what it is. I'm no expert, but I know more than the average person about computers, yet I usually have one problem after another it seems.

It's not temperature, I keep my computer ultra-cool, and I treat it with the utmost care and respect. Oh well... ; p

Maybe it's because I still use Microsoft OS's.. heh

Kurgan
09-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Found out the problem was with my soundblaster Live! card. For some reason it refuses to accept the drivers and causes my computer to crash. So for now.... no sound. ; p

Anyway, OS was updated today with some new stuff. Enjoy!

Kurgan
10-09-2002, 03:34 AM
Update: After trying numerous things, and taking the ol' comp into the shop, it seems nobody really knows what's wrong with it.

Sooooo, I'm going to try the ol' MAGIC REFORMAT (tm) and see what happens. If you don't hear from me for a few days, call the President! (j/k)

Hopefully after I reinstall everything I should be alright (in the next day or so).

Kurgan
10-16-2002, 09:26 PM
Hopefully this isn't starting a pattern, but I've now backed up everything important and successfully brought my pc (and sound card) back from the dead, and installed some new cooling fans (just in case!).

There haven't been any updates in while, as I've been busy, but behind the scenes sith is researching some stuff for our CTF page and we've got some other things planned in the future.

Stay tuned....

legameboy
11-24-2002, 01:39 PM
OMG! Kurgan you have tons of posts!

Kurgan
01-06-2003, 03:01 AM
I sure do! It's what you get for being around in the community as long as I have. ; )

Then again, there's people who have been around for a shorter time but have more posts than I do, so go figure.

You should be seeing even more (hopefully insightful) posts when I get back from vacation (in a few days)...

Had a great Xmas/New Year break, played my first game of "Scrabble" and ate too much holiday food, heh

It'll be nice to get back to my computer and hammer out some more strategy goodness.

I see the forums have been combined, probably a good idea now that most people who wanted to will have beaten the game already (probably multiple times by now). ; )

Kurgan
02-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks to sith for updating the link on http://strategy.jediknightii.net to the new combined forums here.

Hopefully, we can put them to good use in gathering information!

Kurgan
03-05-2003, 06:25 AM
Big update to the CTF section... thanks to sith for his contributions with this!

Check it out... more to come, with revisions.

jedimaster
03-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey Chuahtemoc i know a used to be non jedi my brother.

He used to get favorite weapon ect,
I almost never saw favorite weapon lightsaber.
So when he played on my server I did lightsaber only so he wouldn't whip out a gun in mid battle to catch me off guard

Bilbo Skywalker
03-07-2003, 06:49 PM
the ctf section is quite well written, i see it more of a guide, than strategy though, i mean a guide for those new to the game. Needs an advanced ctf section for more experienced players.

:wavey:

Kurgan
03-08-2003, 12:05 AM
That's a good point, and we have been consciously writing the articles that way, but you're one of the first to point this out publically. ; )

As for advanced strategies, we hope in the future to post some of these (like shortcuts through the maps, scripts, etc). However, most of it would go faster if people would send us stuff.

In the last few months we've gotten ZERO (0) submissions, it's rather too bad. Thus updates only come after we've had time to put in the gaming hours to discover/master these strategies ourselves. ; )

So now you see the problem....

Bilbo Skywalker
03-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Well im not exactly a grand master at this gaem, but i have lots of experience and know lots of tricks and im sure there are a few people on here that could vouch for my skill, i could attempt to write one up if you'd like.

:wavey:

Kurgan
03-09-2003, 01:58 AM
That is EXACTLY what we're looking for. I'm not asking everyone who has an idea to become a staff writer (but that would be sweet if it happened), but contributing articles is what I had envisioned for the site all along.

It's just that after the initial euphoria of the game's public release and the first patch wore off, people stopped sending anything in.

Just because I wrote most of the material on that page doesn't mean I'm a grand master player either (in fact, the last week is the first time I've played online in months).

So whatever you can contribute, send it to kurgan@mchsi.com and I'll format and post it, with due credit, assuming it meets certain minimum standards. Message me if you have any other questions.

; )

Kurgan
03-14-2003, 08:16 PM
Quick site update, FYI. ; )

Kurgan
03-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Mess of updates today too!

Kurgan
03-18-2003, 01:00 PM
The Jedi Master page is up (but not complete yet).

Kurgan
03-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Was in an updating mood today too, with more hopefully on the way (though I'll need to take a break in a few days as I'm going on vacation).

Check it out!
http://strategy.jediknightii.net

Kurgan
03-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Improved navigation on the Force pages. ; )

Kurgan
05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Another update with user submissions!

My new email addy is kurgan@qwest.net

Send any submissions or feedback there. ; )

Kurgan
05-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Added mirrors to griff's new videos. Great job man. ; )

I'll unstickify this, since everyone should know about my site by now...

Thanks for all the replies!

Cupelix
05-29-2003, 07:41 AM
I keep getting horribly owned in saber fights. People keep using this push/pull move on me. Doesn't matter if I'm attacking or just standing there, I get knocked on my back. Now when I push/pull people who are using the force or attacking, all they do is fly back?

How do they knock people down so easily? I max push and pull. I've tried when people are close like someone suggested, but when I do it, they fly backward and never get knocked down. What's the deal?

Also, when I get pushed over, some people do this really powerfull spin attack. What is that and how do you do it?

Kurgan
07-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Check my site, and you will see some of the things you can try to counter these moves.

It is an art, but lag and other factors can affect it. Knocking people down is VERY DIFFICULT to do in 1.04.

About the easiest way to do it is to kick the person. Pushing or Pulling somebody to the ground is somewhat rare as I have seen....

Chuahtemoc
09-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey guys ive been away for a long time but i can bring some more skillful strats in if you like :) Kurgan, post all my **** wherever you want, i dont really care, go ahead. All of my stuff original, and ive tried all of in in single player too.

btw im working on the academy demo but i cant freakin beat the end of the second level
wtf what do i do when the jedi says 'i should reseal the tomb???'

--To Cupelix--
Are u new at the game? if so dont despair. this happens to all new ppl. dont wory about it. learn to swap over to Absorb, which nullifies push/pull attacks, then thit force speed and wwaste him while hes not looking :P This only works for light jedi, as this is a light power, but the Dark alternatives are this: Use Drain to deplete his force then smack force speed and slash him up. Another idea is to Grip him and then use saber throw to kill him. Note: Both Grip and Saber Throw must be on level 3 for this to work.
Yet another manuever, though desperate, is to use Dark Rage. Keep in mind that Force Speed is out of the question with Dark Rage, and your health goes to sh!t too so dont expect to survive more than this immeadiate kil. anyway, jump around like an irratiting ShotGun wh*re(Sof2 veterans know what i mean) and saber throw or swipe him in and out. Alot.