PDA

View Full Version : How does one change the lightsaber swing's blur color?

Skyro
04-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Has anyone figured out how to change the blur color of a lightsaber when you swing it yet? I can't get the swing-blur to change. I've looked all around the pk3s, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone find out yet?

EffJi
04-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Download the luke ROTJ saber. You can find the names of the files that you need to change in it's .pk3 file.

Skyro
04-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks, but where can I find Luke's Return of the Jedi saber?

Edit: Oh, I found it, but it still doesn't help. The guy who made it had problems with the blur color, too, so, is there anything else out there I could look at, or do you know specifically?

EffJi
04-26-2002, 03:25 PM
I tried changing the swing color as well (after I posted) and it didn't work.
I start thinking it has something to do with coding.

edit: It worked but it had problems.

Skyro
04-26-2002, 03:47 PM
The problem is, the blur core is generic, and used for all colors. If I canged that, it would work, but then all saber colors would be affected, which I don't want. There must be another way.

EffJi
04-26-2002, 03:53 PM
About sabers......
Is there anyone who knows if there is a way to get rid of the glow on the ground under the charachters or on them?
I think they glow too much.

Skyro
04-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Yeah, there's that file called Blue_glow2.jpg or something that's a circle in the color of the lightsaber. You can make it all just white, and that might take care of it. Edit: Oh, and that can be found in gfx/effects/sabers directory within a pk3.

But let's try not to change the subject. I made a PURE black lightsaber, but it has a bright blue swing-glow, so it looks stupid. I just need to know how to change a specific lightsaber's motion blur to make it look awesome without making the rest of the lightsabers look dumb.

Skyro
04-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Bump, dangit!