PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find Desann easy?

coldsun22
04-26-2002, 01:59 PM
I just finished playing single-player on jedi-knight and i found Desann to be really easy to beat. I talked to a few other people who owned the game and they also said he was easy. If he is the last boss, shouldn't he be more of a challenge?

thrEEpaGe
04-26-2002, 02:01 PM
big time easy, as ive said before, the entire game is easy =P

i went through the "big D" only gettnig hit a few times without even observing his "tactics"

i agree with you completely, but the game is consistently easy; its not just desann that is simple minded =)

CupO'Coffee
04-26-2002, 02:02 PM
well, i thought on jedi master against him, and imo he wasn't that easy, his super grip and super lightning really sucked and i had to take many tries befor i could beat him for good.
maybe im just a bad player and he's not so tough, maybe he becomes invincible on jedi master...

*T¥RANITH*
04-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Lol well I haven't played SP before, and I whored MP loads.
I am pretty good at FPS as a rule, and I have yet to find someone who can best me in a duel.
My brother, who has played through the entire SP, dispatched Desann very easily, and then I had a go, and couldn't do it.
I won't list all the reasons why he is nearly impossible for me to beat, because it's way too embarrasing!
However, I can own my brother quite satisfactorily in MP ;)
I would conclude that this is probably due to the fact that fighting in SP and fighting in MP are completely different creatures...

CupO'Coffee
04-26-2002, 02:12 PM
of course it is, above all because your enemy in mp can't possibly know what you are going to do, while a AI can anticipate it due to the fact that the moves you are doing are precached (i don't know if that is exactly so, but i think you're catching my drift)

btw, you haven't found someone who can best you in duel? maybe we should duel some time :)

*T¥RANITH*
04-26-2002, 02:21 PM
Hehe definitely, i'm starting to get overconfident now, prolly a bad thing, lol :D
e-mail me at wilsmic@solsch.org.uk and we can arrange a duel :)

boba fett c3po
04-26-2002, 03:09 PM
single player lightsaber fights are more fun than in multiplayer

Elijah
04-26-2002, 06:31 PM
he is hard in SP on JedI Master mode..... but if you walk up to a pillar with him behind you and keep running in circles and slashing the pillar.... if you do it right itll fall on him and BOOOOOOOOM DIEDIEDIE!

magyar
04-26-2002, 06:49 PM
SPOILERS***

I just finished the SP game last night and couldn't wait to finally meet Desann...but he sucked big time. For a final battle, the opponent and the location sucked. I was hoping to fight him in some sci-fi tech looking location with lots of room to jump around and fight. But it was just in a little sand pit after going through a bunch of stupid "trials". Lame. Great game though for the most part.

Psychotic
04-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Yep, he is one easy cookie to beat.
I just go light style (I know people usually do strong, but I prefer light), and just twack him like a madman, usualy adding tons of spins and the like. I believe the whole idea is to be quick, not strong.

[Dom_Pmd]
04-26-2002, 06:58 PM
True, the ending could of been more "dramatic." I felt as if the last showdown was rushed just to finish off development! I mean, StarWars is known for its ultra dramatic endings, and this one did no justice.

I found the Tavion duel on Bespin more challenging and fun.

txa1265
04-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by [Dom_Pmd]
True, the ending could of been more "dramatic." I felt as if the last showdown was rushed just to finish off development! I mean, StarWars is known for its ultra dramatic endings, and this one did no justice.

I found the Tavion duel on Bespin more challenging and fun.

Interesting ... and true ...

With Tavion, it lasted much longer, and required better technique. For Dessan it is tactics - I tried to 'toe-to-toe' him and got clobbered repeatedly. Then I took a 'light vs. dark' approach, light style, speed, and the like, and then owned him repeatedly.

txa1265
04-26-2002, 07:09 PM
However ... the 'learning curve' is better on this game than others like RtCW and MoH:AA ...

Between these posts I went out and beat the Forest level in RtCW again ... that level took me seemingly forever the first time, now I go through it is a few minutes. The 'sniper town' level in MoH:AA is the similar - all learning curve, no replay. The 'stealth' level in JKII, which I just beat the 3rd time through, still takes quite a bit of time and care - and there are multiple ways to play it ...

Fettish
04-26-2002, 07:19 PM
When I first fought Desann, I was owned a few times, then I decided to try using a lot of force speed. It worked great and before I knew it, he was dead. I haven't tried the pillar thing yet.

I agree that the last battle with Desann sucked pretty bad. The fight with Tavion was much better.

acdcfanbill
04-26-2002, 08:37 PM
yea, the end battle was a little lame, but its hard to follow up a wholly awsome game. he is kind of hard w/o speed...

AOJ_Jedi_Champ
04-26-2002, 11:07 PM
We juz hit the pillar n knock him down,and viola :Isduel

JupiterrCrash
04-27-2002, 04:43 PM
I finished the game about an hour ago and was disappointed wif the finale.

Sure i got my ass kicked for half an hour... still didnt seem to be enuff.

:atat:

*T¥RANITH*
04-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by *T¥RANITH*
Hehe definitely, i'm starting to get overconfident now, prolly a bad thing, lol :D
e-mail me at wilsmic@solsch.org.uk and we can arrange a duel :)

W00t gud duel Cup m8 :)
Pwned ye ;D
U should definitely practice more, you have a lot of potential.
Mebbe we can play again sometime =)