PDA

View Full Version : What would be the Ultimate Star Wars game?

Darth_Lando
01-31-2001, 05:10 PM
I will propose one called :
Bounty Hunter

Gameplay:
You are an elite bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe. Through out the game you are presented with plenty of bounty jobs where reward is parallel to difficulty. You choose only the missions you want so the game doesn't become too linear.

Mission types:
Easy to Moderate
Capture- Human/Alien
Capture- Ship/Items
Asassinate- humans/aliens
Difficult
Asassinate- Jedi/Bounty Hunters/Assassin Droids

This will be played from a 1st person perspective but will also include space ship battles so you would have to learn to fly and modify your ship. This would combine the best elements of Dark Forces and Xwing series into one game and make the Star Wars Universe more immersive.

The game would also ship with a mission editor so people could create more missions so once you 'beat' the game you could download ectra missions to continue playing it as long as you want.

Multiplayer:

This will support Deathmatch, Teamplay (such as capture, asassinaiton, and theft), and Co-op mode to play missions together on the net.

Anybody else have suggesitons about other types of Star Wars games you would think would be great?

Garindan
01-31-2001, 05:43 PM
Star Wars: Fett and Denagar!!!!!!

Set right after the battle of carkoon where you're dengar and you're searching the remains, and all of a sudden you hear someone calling for help, you recognize the voice, but can't tell who it is, you rescue the guy, and then later find out it's boba fett!!!! Then you get to choose between fett and dengar of who you want to play as, and it'd be cooperative (something all good games lack these days)

paulbarnard
02-01-2001, 01:54 AM
Anything not originally designed for console that has a decent multiplayer????

Jawamaster
02-02-2001, 12:58 AM
Star Wars Band Playing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chose an instrument and a character and escape from your home planet that is currently being overrun by the Imps. You esacape safely (if you complete level 1) and stowaway a ride to Tatooine where you are forced to work for Jabba the Hutt. You deal with strange things that are going on in Jabba's palace (Luke, C-3P0, Leia, etc.) and have to survive before you are the next one who is killed by the strange curse going around the palace. You are then told to accompany Jabba on a skiff ride to the sabacc to execute Luke Skywalker and Han Solo when Jabba's plan goes out of control and you are forced to leave everything behind on the skiff as it blows to bits. You travel back to Mos Eisly (sp?) and join the Rebels in their figth for the galaxy and it goes on from there.

------------------
Jawamaster

Lord_FinnSon
02-02-2001, 06:33 PM
Need for something like Dark Forces 3 still remains after LEC took Obi-Wan away from PC gamers. I would also like to see original trilogy as one game much like the way SWTTC will be... there haven't been too many opportunities to play as Luke and wield his saber.

[This message has been edited by Lord_FinnSon (edited February 02, 2001).]

paulbarnard
02-02-2001, 06:53 PM
I'm so sick of that line, "LEC took Obi-wan away from us". They saved us from another marginal game. Get over it. Some one had the restraint to say, this game sucks (therefore put it on console). Obi-wan never was going to be released from PC outside the initial development. After that, it soon became console city. If you want to blame them and mope and sulk over a crappy marginal game, then go ahead. If you want to say, gee, thank you for saving my hard earned money and allowing me to save it and spend it on a game worthy of the LEC name and logo, never say, you took obi-wan away from us.

Darth_Lando
02-02-2001, 07:55 PM
Lets not get off topic here!

The Star Wars band idea was pretty funny. I liked that one.

Boba Rhett
02-02-2001, 08:31 PM
How about Star Wars: Jedi Training, you get to build your own lightsaber and everything and also go on missions with your master.

Garindan
02-02-2001, 09:15 PM
Star Wars: Swoop Races

You get to build your own swoop form the ground up. It's you main transportation in the later levels, in the beginning you do stuff for money, try to stay out of trouble, and eventually you build a swoop, and you could sell it and build another one with better parts.

Jedi SuperBuen
02-02-2001, 09:28 PM
I like the band idea as well...

Garindan: same idea, but with a pod racer would be kewl as well (they should have implemented this in Racer).

How about a FPS as an Imperial? They did TIE fighter which let you play from the Empire's POV... It would be kewl to have a DF like that as well!

A game like TPM would be kewl for the classic Trilogy... I loved the Super SW, TESB & ROTJ, they should update 'em for the PC with the same perspective.

Also, I would love to play the SW Trilogy arcade game on my PC... I've seen this one at the arcades and it would be very kewl...

------------------
You can do it your own way
Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Kurgan
02-02-2001, 09:30 PM
I'm so sick of that line, "LEC took Obi-wan away from us". They saved us from another marginal game. Get over it. Some one had the restraint to say, this game sucks (therefore put it on console). Obi-wan never was going to be released from PC outside the initial development. After that, it soon became console city. If you want to blame them and mope and sulk over a crappy marginal game, then go ahead.
Sorry, I'm about to get off an rant here, but here goes:

Frankly I disagree. LEC had promised Obi-Wan for PC for over a year, and substantiated it with screenshots, videos, press releases, etc.

Whether or not they "took it away from us" is a matter of opinion. They hadn't actually given us the game. I think you could pre-order it, so in that case, you did get it taken away if you put money up front ahead of time. They had not released the game yet, but they had given the public the explicit impression (on purpose now, this wasn't some misunderstanding or lack of communication) that Obi-Wan was coming to PC, and it would be a PC game, not a console game.

They fully intended it to be a PC exclusive game from day 1 and they maintained that line up until the day they posted that it was cancelled. As far as anyone knows the game is not "finished" yet, so it is still in development. So partway through development, their goal of a PC launch changed to a "next generation console launch."

Whether or not it was a "crappy game" is a matter of opinion. If the developers themselves thought that it sucked hard, then it must have, because they would know first-hand (since none of use has a playable version of the game to judge for ourselves.

However, I've seen games that I consider "crappy" and I wonder why they were ever released without patching, but some people buy even these games (I'm sure you can think of some examples). So does a company lose more money releasing a crappy unfinished product, or delaying and delaying then releasing a finished game? You'd have to ask their marketing experts, I don't know.

The logic that shipping it off to a console is going to fix everything strikes me as odd. In monetary sums, consoles sell more product, so that would be a good reason, but as to the quality of the game, this doesn't make sense to me.

First off, is a crappy game better off for a console audience? Do console games just suck in general, or do the folks who buy consoles just have no idea what a good game is? That's kind of an insulting way of looking at it, but it's certainly what came to my mind when I heard that.

Just what makes a "console game" different from a "PC game" other than the machine that runs it? I've seen arcade style games on the PC (many that sold very well and were quite good), I've seen some mindless repetative games on the PC, and I've seen long and complex, and graphically powerful games on the console.

So what's the difference? I don't buy it as an excuse that Obi-Wan just sucked so hard that they could only release it on a console. Besides, why did it take them so long to figure out that it had to be a console game after all this time? I see it as a last-ditch emergency measure to recoup their financial losses. That is unless they can give me a better explanation (not an excuse).

They had time and money to worry about and porting it to a console and delaying it was their best option, and they took it. I don't buy this "it was such a crappy game only dumb console users would buy it" excuse.

Pardon me, but that's just, MHO. ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 02, 2001).]

Jawamaster
02-03-2001, 02:41 AM
You guys actually liked that stupid Idea!? I just made that up out of the back of my mind, you know, I improvised the whole thing up as I typed, I mean nonstop. I actually got that idea from listening to my Star Wars soundtrack cd and i was trying to play the tunes on my trumpet when i got this great idea for a story where there is a kid or someone who plays the trumpet and he moves to a big city sort of place (like in that New York, New York movie) and he brings a new style of music that really rocks this town around. So this farmboy, nothing kid makes a huge historical change with only a trumpet and a dream. Do you think it's a good Idea for a book? I think I could probably make a good book out of it since I am a fairly good writer. it's my idea though, so don't steal it from me.

------------------
Jawamaster

Garindan
02-03-2001, 03:19 AM
you should copyright protect it. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif

paulbarnard
02-04-2001, 04:33 AM
I don't care if it's insulting to call them lesser quality or not. The fact is it's not. Are there flight simulators for Console? Are there strategy games for console? Is there anything more challenging than finding something, then shooting, capturing, or picking it up? NO!!! The average console gamer considers PC games to be too complex and intelectual for them. (I say fine, don't want the idiots playing online anyways).

Consoles basicly have improved game play as far as using a TV's color making ability better, camera, and extra function on the controllers. PC games have been stagnant the last few years, out side of video card and sound improvements. Console games still take less RAM and disc space than PC games (and have the better output device in TV/home theatre packages).

The quality of console games has gone down over the last 10 years as has PC games in general (it's not the level of the mid 80s/early 90s kids).

I recieve the LEC Newsletter and visit their website weekly, Obi-wan was never available for pre-order.

The screen shots come from some programmers work station. I could take some screen shots while at work from my work station, big deal (doubt many would get the complexities of a nueroreceptors binding site). A pretty picture is just that.

READ THE NEWS Release. Yes, it was originally slated for PC, but they ran into problems. Amongst which were game engine difficulty, and a general low quality they were trying to avoid in a PC game (ie FoCom and Rebellion according to the critics, whether you like them or not, go to that forum because I like them).

Rather than scrap the money put in, the tried a new game engine, one for console, it worked oddly enough. They discovered this rather early on, and well some one made a descicion to say nothing about it till recently. LEC choice.

Quit Whining already. If they would have released you'd be whining about why you spent $50 for another Rebellion or FoCom (average games, but not the expectation of greatness associated with Star Wars and LEC games in general).

Kurgan
02-04-2001, 10:04 AM
Sorry, paulbarnard, I'm pretty sure I disagree with you on many of your points, but setting that aside, can you elaborate on the idea of two different game engines? I'm curious as to what you know about the design process of Obi-Wan and why it was moved to console.

Thanks.

Kurgan

paulbarnard
02-04-2001, 03:53 PM
If I knew, I would share. I just know what I read. Obviously LEC didn't know either. The deciscion they said was made fairly early on. They chose not to share that information, and in a highly competetive market, keeping that decicion in house makes sense.

You want a justification. You aren't going to get it. Quit dwelling on the same thing. Move on already.

Kurgan
02-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Okay, just checking. ; )

So in other words pb, you're reading between the lines. You don't really know anything more than anyone of the rest of us, because we've read the same stuff you have. Right?

Your opinions about why consoles suck or console users are dumber than pc users I don't remember reading in any of LEC's announcements or interviews, so I figure those are coming from your personal biases and feelings.

And since you're so set in your opinions (notice I called them "opinions" and not facts, because they are your opinions), nothing I or anyone else can say will change them. Not that there's anything wrong with sticking to your guns, but realize we disagree.

This isn't meant as a flame, I'm just trying to point out that what you are saying isn't anything new, and you don't hold the only point of view here. I don't intend to argue with every point you've made, far from it.

As somebody said before, just because we share our opinions doesn't mean we're just a bunch of whiners. If others want to keep talking, you don't have to tell them to 'shut up' so to speak, just because you're tired of hearing about it.

My three cents...

PS: One question, just to refresh my memory, can you show me where LEC states that the the "decision" (which I assume you mean to switch to console) was made "fairly early on" ? I gathered just the opposite from what I read, unless I missed something.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 04, 2001).]

Jawamaster
02-04-2001, 10:05 PM
Okay, now we're getting off topic now. . .

------------------
Jawamaster

Jedi SuperBuen
02-06-2001, 02:43 PM
So much for the ultimate Star Wars game... Frankly I'm a little disapointed that Kurgan & paulbarnard have to fight on this topic! Take it to the Obi-Wan section http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif

Oh and I am a PC & console gamer! Does that make me half stupid http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif hehehehe

------------------

paulbarnard
02-06-2001, 04:27 PM
It was in an interview released by LEC with one of the developers. That is pretty much word for word what he said.

digl
02-07-2001, 05:19 PM
I havent visited this forums in a lot of time, I use to post here alot before the OW announcement some years ago...

Heres my idea, that I posted some time ago in owk.net forums

My dream Star Wars game has always been this
You are yourself, you can join the empire, the rebels, or freelance, and you travel all over the universe, you travel in spaceships using an x-wing like game engine, you can play fps missions, etc
You could join the alliance and be assigned different kinds of missions, work as a Kyle Katarn or as a space pilot. Maybe succesful players could have high ranks like commander of a calamari cruiser, and fight against the empire controlling a fleet of hundreds of real players.
Could it be that the clients[galaxies clients] make something like that?
A space simulator client, a fps client, a strategy client?

Go <a href="http://www.obi-wankenobi.net/forums/Forum10/HTML/000831.html">here</a> to read all the replies and more great ideas for the ultimate game

[This message has been edited by digl (edited February 07, 2001).]

Kurgan
02-07-2001, 06:51 PM
pb, see the trouble is, I read those interviews as well. It would take a long time for me to re-read them all to find that snippet of text. Since you are the one claiming that it was said, maybe you could point me to the URL of the site where they said it.

See, that would have been a revelation to me, since I don't remember EVER reading that from LEC. So either my memory is bad, I missed it reading it the first time, or maybe you didn't get the quote right.

I just want to see proof. Anybody can say why they think the game was cancelled, but I'd like to see the facts, rather than just your opinions (not that I'm saying your opinions don't have value).

Fair enough? I just don't think it makes sense for LEC to say that they planned it for console "since early on." If they had, why didn't they say anything? Why pretend it was for PC, a platform it was not going to be for, then at the last minute saying it was console. Do you see where I'm coming from here?

Just post the link(s) and I'll read them.

Kurgan

Kurgan
02-07-2001, 06:58 PM
Just a note, I'm not fighting with paul here. (At least I don't think so)

I'm not calling him any names or insulting him, and he's not doing that for me. I was just curious as to know what quote he was referring to, because I don't ever rememeber reading that. If he's indeed correct, I would be suprised, and that would tell me a lot I didn't know about Obi-Wan, thus I was hoping he'd show me.

I'm not pissed, and I hope he isn't pissed at me. ; )

As to the ultimate Star Wars game, I'm afraid I have nothing relevant to add. I dunno, I always pictured the ultimate game being kind of like what they are saying SW Galaxies is going to be. But then again I'm not too excited about playing a MMORPG.. granting that I have to pay by the month to play it after paying full price, plus the fact that there's no single player and no ending, plus the vast potential for lameness that can go on in a community that big, etc.

The "ultimate" Star Wars game for me would be something open-ended, that let me experience basically everything they did in the movies, but that didn't force me to spend my time doing stuff I don't find fun (ie: jump puzzles, putting up with lag, game imbalances, bugs, stacking crates, etc).

I'd like to be able to fight on the ground, ride speeders and ships, and meet cool characters. The game that provides the most of that sort of thing is "Star Wars Trilogy Arcade." Of course the gameplay is simple (move, shoot, occasionally call for backup), but that's the idea. Of course then you get games that do SOME of the stuff I mentioned, but do it better (ie: XWA for flight combat, JK/MotS for saber dueling, etc).

Kurgan

Jawamaster
02-08-2001, 12:35 AM
Well why don't you do us all a favor and stick to the topic!!!!

------------------
Jawamaster

Jedi SuperBuen
02-08-2001, 01:23 PM
Easy Jawa, they are still entitled to post what they want and have an opinion...

Kurgan: Yeah too bad Star Wars Trilogy doesn't come out for PC, and I agree that Galaxies, where the principle is really kewl, might turn out like say the zone: where 80-90% of the people are cheating/hacking/cogging/whatever.

It's hard to limit myself to one ultimate Star Wars game. I mean I like for example TPM where I can just play say the first level and smash thru Droids galore (Easter Egg for Jawamaster: Droid Works?! http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif). But I also enjoy x-wing/TIE and J/K. I don't think you could ever incorporate all of those games into one... Although alot of ppl are pissed at LEC right now, I think they have done an awesome job of giving us Star Wars fans a chance to "play the movies" in many different ways (flight sim, FPS, arcade-style, strategy, racing type, etc). So all I can say is keep it up LEC...

------------------

Darth_Lando
02-08-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by digl:

My dream Star Wars game has always been this
You are yourself, you can join the empire, the rebels, or freelance, and you travel all over the universe, you travel in spaceships using an x-wing like game engine, you can play fps missions, etc
You could join the alliance and be assigned different kinds of missions, work as a Kyle Katarn or as a space pilot. Maybe succesful players could have high ranks like commander of a calamari cruiser, and fight against the empire controlling a fleet of hundreds of real players.
Could it be that the clients[galaxies clients] make something like that?
A space simulator client, a fps client, a strategy client?

That's the kind of game I want to play too.

That sounds similiar to Bounty Hunter being that you would choose your own jobs from the Empire, Rebels, or freelancers.

The more I talk about this the more I wantto create my own game. But a game of that scale would take the efforts of 20 people working on it to! http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif Bring backthe text only games!!

BTW, Jedi Superbuen, are you surprised I am staying out of the Obiwan discussion? http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif

Kurgan
02-08-2001, 03:45 PM
Well why don't you do us all a favor and stick to the topic!!!!

(*cries*)

SORRY!

Jedi SuperBuen
02-09-2001, 01:01 PM
Darth Lando: http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif lol yeah I though it was weird... Maybe you're not really DL, maybe you're an nice twin brother, or a clone, or you were abducted by aliens... Or maybe you're over it? ... naaaaaaaaaaaah http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif

Kurgan: Don't cry, you'll ruin your suit.

------------------

Darth_Lando
02-09-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Jedi SuperBuen:
Or maybe you're over it? ... naaaaaaaaaaaah http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif

hahaha...That super long post with pics over in the Obiwan forum was very theraputic http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif because I am over it now. That is unless the next game LEC releases is called something like 'Jar Jar's House Chores' or something then I may go off again on a tangent. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/tongue.gif

Have a nice weekend everybody!!!!

Jawamaster
02-09-2001, 11:37 PM
They need a Star Wars strategy game like Star Craft or AOE. Then my friend will like Star Wars better.

------------------
Jawamaster

Boba Rhett
02-10-2001, 01:07 AM
Isn't that basically what Force Commander is?

paulbarnard
02-10-2001, 03:50 AM
so is rebellion. SO far Star Wars Strategies, while great in theory have lacked in game play and haven't lived up to the hype. They are average games at best.

I like the Bounty Hunter idea. Maybe something like forming a Rebel Cell and taking ont the Empire. Sort of a Tribes/Half Life concept to add to the Dark Forces Line.

To Kurgan: I don't bother remembering where I learned/read something. Analogy: GO on jeopardy/millionare. Do they care where you learned the trivia, nope. just get the answers. I just know it's in one the interviews...Asker:blah blah blah...GameDeveloper: Blah blah, early one in the project, blah blah blah...

Kurgan
02-10-2001, 08:58 AM
I'm just telling you that until you produce the source, it's just hearsay.

I read the interviews and heard no such thing, so I'll hold to what *I* read.

Without a source to verify your claim, I have no way of verifying its accuracy, it's based only on your word. And since I've heard a lot of incorrect things about Obi-Wan around the 'net as well, how am I to know the difference?

I'd stand corrected if you *did* show me where you read it.

(Btw, if it was BigKid.com, I'd think it was safe to ignore, they weren't that accurate in their 'views on Obi-Wan).

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 10, 2001).]

Jawamaster
02-10-2001, 03:25 PM
What I mean by a Star Wars strategy game like AOE is that i wish they had games where it's all one big map and you command and conquer, you know.

------------------
Jawamaster

Pedro The Hutt
02-10-2001, 07:45 PM
Command and Conquer???? I prefer Red Alert. ZZZZP *Zaps another one of the Allied Forces with a Tesla Coil* Mwaaaahahahaaaa!!!!

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Jawamaster
02-11-2001, 12:57 AM
I meant command and conquer as a verb! Not a noun!

------------------
Jawamaster

Pedro The Hutt
02-11-2001, 10:24 AM
I know http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif, just teasing. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif

------------------
No!
I am your father.

paulbarnard
02-12-2001, 05:21 PM
Anything with Monkeys that kill storm troopers...Salacious Crumb, Mercenary.

Time to get us back on topic here.

Boba Rhett
02-12-2001, 05:34 PM
Who here likes pancakes? Raise your hand if you do. *raises hand*

Pedro The Hutt
02-12-2001, 08:41 PM
*raises hand* http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Darth_Lando
02-13-2001, 01:49 PM
Pancakes got it going on!

wombat3
02-13-2001, 04:01 PM
*raises hand*

paulbarnard
02-13-2001, 05:45 PM
Salacious Crumb, Mercenary doesn't like pancakes. Takes megaphone out and laughs...rupturing all your rear drums...you fall over from loss of equilibrium. Places megaphone back in pack, takes out blaster and procceds to coup de grace all wanting pancakes...

Pedro The Hutt
02-13-2001, 08:13 PM
That's a gruesome way to end a nice pancake festival on Tattooine.

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Jedi SuperBuen
02-13-2001, 11:33 PM
hey wait I like pancakes too!

------------------

Boba Rhett
02-14-2001, 12:48 AM
Oh Oh I know!! Who hear likes waffles? *raises hand*

------------------
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand

d_eisenga
02-16-2001, 07:40 PM
I would like to see a game like SotE, but not with dash rendar, no! you get to play han solo. you play your way through the trilogy, doing (almost) everything han has to do. pretty khool, i think.
don't laugh at me, at least i stick to the topic http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/tongue.gif

Pedro The Hutt
02-16-2001, 07:54 PM
Nice idea.

Boba Rhett: I'm from Belgium, ofcourse I like waffles.(too bad I can't eat too much of them)

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Boba Rhett
02-16-2001, 10:02 PM
MMMMMMMMM.....Belgium waffles.....*drools*
Hey D_eisenga, I Love that idea!! It would be awesome to play as Han!!!

paulbarnard
02-17-2001, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by d_eisenga:
I would like to see a game like SotE, but not with dash rendar, no! you get to play han solo. you play your way through the trilogy, doing (almost) everything han has to do. pretty khool, i think.
don't laugh at me, at least i stick to the topic http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/tongue.gif

The Supernitendo Super Star Wars, Empire, and ROTJ games allowed that...good for the day, but kinda sucky compared to what is out there now.

Jedi SuperBuen
02-17-2001, 12:29 PM
Yeah maybe but I say "Bring 'em back!"

I mean they should remake The SW Trilogy with the TPM "engine". Less bugs in it though http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif

------------------

Boba Rhett
02-18-2001, 04:58 AM
The TPM engine? I'd rather have them use MotSs engine. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif lol

------------------
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand

d_eisenga
02-18-2001, 07:14 AM
well, as long as it's 3D. 2D games get boring.

Boba Rhett
02-18-2001, 07:22 AM
LOL! Wouldn't that be the ultimate insult. LucasArts finally anounces that there going to make some games based on the original trilogy but they say there going to be 2d side scrollers. lol

------------------

paulbarnard
02-18-2001, 10:44 PM
Yes, but I won't pay 50 bucks for it.

Darth_Lando
02-19-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett:
LOL! Wouldn't that be the ultimate insult. LucasArts finally anounces that there going to make some games based on the original trilogy but they say there going to be 2d side scrollers. lol

Or worse.... release it as a TEXT game. Haha!

Boba Rhett
02-19-2001, 02:27 PM
LucasArts next big announcement:

Video games are to hard so now were only making star wars card games.

paulbarnard
02-19-2001, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett:
LucasArts next big announcement:

Video games are to hard so now were only making star wars card games.

They couldn't. Deciper (Wizards of the Coast really) own the rights to that.

oninosensi
02-21-2001, 04:03 AM
mmmm, pancakes, waffles, and Salacious Crumb... tastier than ewoks...

------------------
The Master is Back
with a vengence

paulbarnard
02-21-2001, 04:55 PM
YOU CAN'T HAVE PANCAKES. Sal Crumb Mercenary took away that option.

oninosensi
02-21-2001, 11:08 PM
Well, i will just have to eat mr. crumb.

/me whips out flamthrower

FRY YA LITTLE $#@&%@!!!!!!

Mmmmm, tastes like chicken wrapped in pancakes...

*burp*

------------------
The Master is Back
with a vengence

paulbarnard
02-22-2001, 03:11 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Did he laugh all the way down?

Pedro The Hutt
02-22-2001, 08:26 PM
YES! I could even hear it on the other side of Tatooine!

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Jawamaster
02-22-2001, 11:25 PM
How do we know that was Crumb laughing?

------------------
Jawamaster

paulbarnard
02-23-2001, 02:49 AM
What about a game where i take stardigimon and all his little M-O-N loving buddies of both shows, and we get to kill them repeatedly, viciously, and violently casuing them to suffer long and prolonged?

Jedi SuperBuen
02-23-2001, 01:29 PM
I'd pay 50$ for that...

------------------

paulbarnard
02-23-2001, 04:15 PM
Of course you would, it's appealing, will have enjoyable game play and hours of replayability.

Redwing
02-28-2001, 01:25 AM
I think the ultimate SW game would combine a Rogue Squadron/Battle for Naboo type game with a TPM type game. I mean would it have been really cool if they'd put hangars in TPM and you could, say, fly around Tatooiine in a 'speeder? Obviously that would have required some changes, but still...
I just played the first level of BfN (in the demo) and that was pretty similar to what I'm talking about. But I would have liked to be able to walk around the level TPM style, too.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.

paulbarnard
02-28-2001, 04:07 PM
Wouldn't make a good PC game. Console maybe (since that's what all those engines/games are). It would have to be so much more to make any PC gamer happy. It would have to be the second coming of Christ to make most people play a new Star Wars game.