PDA

View Full Version : Last Level with Desann - Possible Spoiler?

Kyuss
04-26-2002, 06:04 PM
I was playing through the game for my 5th time... this time on Jedi Master. I decided I was going to explore every detail of the game... I found something that struck my curiousity.

On the last level with Desann, the intro starts out with a big red beam coming down on him. Well, on both sides of the map there are some buttons you can force pull to start the beam up. I couldn't ever get into the beam without desann wacking me.

So my question is: what does the red beam do?

Gundark Kid
04-26-2002, 06:06 PM
The beam is temporary invincibility, I think. He seemed to slice me up a little less after I jumped in the beam, at least.

GreyJedi
04-26-2002, 06:09 PM
The real question is why is the beam there and how does Desann know about it.

Gundark Kid
04-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Well, according to Luke, Desann did study at the Jedi Academy. It reminded me of the Valley of the Jedi, actually, so I'm assuming it's some sort of Force wellspring. But I did think that it would have been nice of Luke to explain. After all, I did kill all 4 reborn in that attack without his help. Unless you call him screaming in pain help...

BigMexican
04-27-2002, 02:57 AM
yeah, it gives you temporary invincibility. jump in, switch on speed, rain the blows down :)

Genocide52
04-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Another little detail that I just found today when fighting Dessann. The pillars in the corners of the pit can be destroyed. Takes quite a bit of time :( . But when you finally destroy the pillar the remains come tumbling down. If you time it right and get it to land on top of Dessann, it kills him instantly. :D Happy smashing.

:duel: