PDA

View Full Version : A request to all those making duel maps

uteboy
04-26-2002, 07:58 PM
If you are making a small map for duel mode can you make it for duel only - not ffa as well. I've just seen another nice released map ( g_arena_x) that looks nice, but it won't be running on my server.

The reason is this: I run 2 jk2 servers, one is set for duel mode with no voting, the other is set to start on ffa but voting is enabled ( and I've seen it go through all the gametypes although jedimaster doesn't seem too popular ). I don't use a mapcycle as then it becomes iffy setting it up to deal with the voting, getting the maps to suit the gametype. Rather I use the g_autoMapCycle option to cycle through all the maps that are designed for the gametype.

However this means that maps like g_arena_x and duel_academy ( another nice map ) will not be running on my server, for if I put them in for the duel server they will also be used in ffa, and my personal opinion is that they are too small for 20 players.

uteboy
04-26-2002, 09:17 PM
And another one comes out:

duel_pavillion. beautiful map, too small for ffa yet it has the specification to be used as such

uteboy
04-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Well looking at the latest release of maps (and theres some really nice ones there too , I like them a lot) it appears that absolutely no one listened to me.

Am I the only server admin trying to run both a duel server and a ffa server on the same machine?

StitcheS
04-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Hey, I'll keep that in mind once I get my Duel Map out of the concept stage. I won't have any guns, and I most probably will have it as a Duel map. If I do want a FFA map, I will make it larger, and have 2 map files in 1.