PDA

View Full Version : stuff i learned in jed today....

Garindan
02-04-2001, 12:40 AM
I learned that adding the SKY thing on the surface flag makes the level look alot better (i always wondered how people got their skies to look real).

I figured out how to make a CANYON!!!! well sortof, but it worked after about 5 minutes of frustration and screaming at 'jed' to be good to me.

Here's the level idea that i came up with for my level, since well, it really doesn't look like a great level unless you understand why it looks like that.

It's after a ship battle, you've been fighting over a planet, and destroyed your enemy, then you realize you've run out of fuel and don't have enough fuel to get to a spaceport. So, you decide it's safe to land on the "deserted" planet and set up a distress beacon.

Little do you know what dangers are on the planet...

am i good good writer?

Boba Rhett
02-04-2001, 03:47 AM
Ya, that's a pretty cool idea. You'd make the ground look like it had been bombed and buildings were destroyed but there are some survivors or mutants or something and they try to kill you after you crash land and you have to make it to a pickup place on the other side of the planet before thewy tear the flesh off your body! http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif

Garindan
02-04-2001, 03:12 PM
Actually it's just a big abandoned place with no buildings in site, just alot of Tuskens and stinging bugs, and a Kell Dragon. I'm planning on having some wreckage on the planet though, wreckage of some starfighters, and maybe a survivor from one of the Starfighters who is your wingman.

Garindan
02-04-2001, 06:50 PM
i think making just a big open area is awesome, the draw rate is pretty cool, too bad the canyon kinda looks dumb though, maybe i should just take the canyon out and make the area look like it's actually 'on' a cliff, just a huge cliff and when you look down it looks like you're really on a cliff looking down into the valley below.

hmm... I wish massassi.net would be up, i need some more 3dos for my level. I think some tree 3dos would be good. Maybe i'll have it so i could just make a series of that same level, just adding some enhancements to each one and a story, good thing i am good at writing stories, at least making a good plotline anyways.

Jawamaster
02-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Good Idea! but what's a Kell dragon?

------------------
Jawamaster

Garindan
02-05-2001, 05:29 PM
A Kell Dragon is much like a rancor, but looks like a giant lizard, has spikes on it, and attacks the victim, and can be tamed.

Darth_Lando
02-05-2001, 09:05 PM
Will you be able to befriend anyone and have them join you?

How about adding some Sarlaac's? That would rule.

Jawamaster
02-05-2001, 09:33 PM
Yeah! And Krayt Dragons!

------------------
Jawamaster

Garindan
02-06-2001, 12:28 AM
I don't know about befriending anybody, but some other tie pilots who've landed on the planet with me will be there!