PDA

View Full Version : interested in the jedi academy? read this

massadoobie
04-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone, it's massadoobie, the webpimp... ahem, site administrator for the soon to be opened jedi academy. just to let everyone know what's going on, we're working on getting a trainer application set up, and once we get trainers we'll start the actual training. we'll have some sort of "i want training" submission thing (more on that in a bit)... but in the meantime, you'll have to be patient, we want to make this as good as can be.

also, if any of you out there are either graphics pros, map or skin makers, or cgi wizards, let me or JediSith999 know. i have a feeling we'll need your help, especially setting up the training schedule/database.

That's about it for now. i know i'm gonna regret this, but you'll see the address eventually anyway. so yea, if you can help us out or just want to send a word of encouragement along, my email is massadoobie@hotmail.com (for now, i can't tell you my jk2.net address just yet :) )

looking forward to getting this show on the road...
Chris "Massadoobie" DuBois
Site Administrator, Jedi Academy
(edit-damn, i thought signatures were turned on still)

TheSoupNazi
04-26-2002, 10:37 PM
MuAhAhAhA!!! I need no training! Just kidding...Sounds alright...

massadoobie
04-26-2002, 10:37 PM
then you can be a trainer :)

TheSoupNazi
04-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Hell that would work for me...Today, I really felt the force flowing through me as I minced some idiotic freak. I'm getting better in No Force Saber Only Servers...but I rule the force powers too. So I guess that would make me a good trainer....I'm up for it. Deathbymonkeyscs@aol.com for E-Mail, or deathbymonkeyscp on aim. TheSoupNazi in the game.

Tozier
04-26-2002, 10:48 PM
I'd really like to do this.... but I have one serious problem.... a 56K modem. :ball: :ball:

CM_Third
04-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Ill be happy to. Im in Australia so i could be a great addition to help tose on my side of the world. I also fancy myself quite the JO player. Light side of course.

TheSoupNazi
04-26-2002, 11:09 PM
No Soup For Any Of You!!!
:rhett:

massadoobie
04-27-2002, 12:17 AM
i know this is lame, but
BUMP

sttaffy
04-27-2002, 02:04 AM
i'd really like to try out as a trainer, i want to see if i am good enough. my email is aom23@drexel.edu , i will email you tomorrow about setting up a time and place for my tryout? i usually place 1 in team ffa servers with guns, and in the top 3 on saber only servers and i only use light side. i would be very interested in being a student too :)

NomadSoul
04-27-2002, 03:54 AM
And me, i need some serious training...email moi at

nomadsoul10@hotmail.com

thx for teaching me :) :) :)

Kaio23
04-27-2002, 03:57 AM
I can be a trainer when it comes to using the force properly in conjuction with saber duels

alex.p@rogers.com

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 01:57 AM
badumpbumpbump

gotta keep folks informed ya know :)

hyrit
04-28-2002, 02:11 AM
Gotta say, I like the sound of this. I'm not half bad with a saber myself, but I don't like being tied down...

You guys allow visitors? :D

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 03:20 AM
of course hyrit... consider it a "Harvard" jedi education without the ivy league elitism (trust me, it's an apt comparision, i go to school across the river from Hahvahd)

Chronic
04-28-2002, 03:43 AM
looks like you guys are getting quite a crows going, keep it up

oh yeah, count me in too :D

audio_x86@hotmail.com

add me on MSN if u want

Jon'a
04-28-2002, 04:43 AM
i'd like to try out as a trainer.
i've alredy made a thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48209) with a demo showing a few combos.

i'd like to have a padawan (or two) to teach it to.
please reply back in this thread. ^^

Ulic Quel Droma
04-28-2002, 05:31 AM
i could do with some training :)

ICQ = 31485954
or
saacha@theafterm.ath.cx

n0th1ng
04-28-2002, 11:19 AM
I can be a trainer, i play JK2 5 hours daily :cool:

Contact me @ 86225483
or at
bonna0@thefragile.com May the force be with you

PS : i teach lightside forces only

hyrit
04-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Ah...what the hell. I'll join up...though it's mainly just because I live for the fight itself, not light or dark. :D

I'll wait and see the strength of your instructors before I decide whether I want to study or teach, though.

hyrit_rane@yahoo.com

Watto789
04-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Am i the only one who is going to say something about the site stuff?

I guess so.

I like to make graphics and the such, so id be glad to help you guys out. I just sent you an email massa, so you can check it out later :) Being like me, i like check my email once a week sometimes hehe. Im getting better though lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Watto (watto@eenc.net)
EE and CS Master! :wavey:
Site (http://www.eenc.net)
~Do, or do not. There is no 'Try'. -Yoda.
:wookiee:

Khaydarin
04-28-2002, 02:04 PM
HEy NOTHING!!!!!!! I know you !!!!!!!!!! Aren t you Oskar somethin???? You were one of my Padawan !!!

Legend Of Khaydarin

Landflyer
04-28-2002, 02:15 PM
So this Jedi Academy thing is gonna teach people how to play/fight using a lightsaber effectively?

If so, cool :D

I suck at lightsaber fighting :c3po: I'll sign up once I upgrade my pc ;)

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 02:30 PM
hey everyone, thanks for the enthusiasm... the Academy and I are excited. we're still working out a few kinks, and i guarantee there will be kinks once we open, but it'll be fun.

Just to reiterate, we'll have a application process for trainers at first. Once we choose our trainers we'll set up a "grade" system and a curriculum. Then we'll start scheduling sessions to see what level prospective students are placed in.

Other than that, we've got ourselves an official server now... of course I'll post details later when the site's up, but the Academy's leader, JediSith999, says he gets a consistent 69 ping on a Dallas server (and he lives in Florida).

Alrighty, I'll continue to keep you guys posted, thanks again for the interest, this should be fun...

Madcow
04-28-2002, 02:36 PM
I think I need training, but I could train people in no force duels, because I just rip through people in those :P

oh, and don't email me until the thing is ready.
joemcginn@strategicsolu.com

hyrit
04-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Just wondering...was the server up just a few minutes ago? I was in one named "Jedi Academy" and it was a CTF server...had a blast on it, and it looked like most of the people there were a bit new... One didn't move while fighting and another thought I was cheating because a heavy stance hit killed him when he was at 100... Or was this just another server happened to be called that?

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 03:32 PM
it was probably just a coincidence... ours will be password-protected... you'd have to ask JediSith999 though

Sokaran
04-28-2002, 03:52 PM
I need the training I really reek like goat bum.

Hexamine
04-28-2002, 04:19 PM
TRAIN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ant_alias_hexamine@hotmail.com

Mad Eejit
04-28-2002, 06:24 PM
I could do with the training. I'm not very consistant (some games i'll kick arse others i will get slaughted)

richanst@hotmail.com

BoNzEgGvA
04-28-2002, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry if this has already been asked endlessly before, but what exactly is the jedi academy going to be? are there any requirements or whatever? what all are you going to do? is it like training online just for fun? again please excuse my ignorance, but i'm somewhat interested, and it sounds pretty cool.

n0th1ng
04-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Khaydarin
HEy NOTHING!!!!!!! I know you !!!!!!!!!! Aren t you Oskar somethin???? You were one of my Padawan !!!

Legend Of Khaydarin

sorry, wrong person :cool:

Khaydarin
04-28-2002, 07:02 PM
One of my padawan had nearly exactly the same name as you:

he s nOthing and you are nOth1ng .... ( very tricky )

i just wanted to say sorry for this mistaken ...

Legend Of Khaydarin

Mr. White
04-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Just to fill you in, there is an outside world.. Use bots and experience to get better, you don't need traning, it is a game, not "The Karate Kid X"

Madcow
04-28-2002, 07:10 PM
oops, I forgot, I had to re install XP and I don't have my email set up yet, I will post here agian when it is set up

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 07:27 PM
BoNzEgGvA, to answer your question, we're gonna help make the online world of JK2 a more organized place. I don't know about a lot of you, but there are a lot of jerks and punk kids out there who play online games, and we're trying to make the JK2 world a bit more "civilized." to do this we're going to have trainers take pupils in a class-type setting, let them compete, correct mistakes, show new techniques and in general improve them. and to answer your question about whether or not this is just for fun... of course it is, that's why people play games. we just hope that we can help people have more fun when they play by helping them improve their skills.

and mr. white, i agree with you, there is an outside world. but you mention using bots and experience to get better... well bots aren't human, and we're offering experience in an environment where you can learn from your mistakes instead of getting spanked around by some guy named h4x0r696969 who is better than you, getting frustrated, and quitting. and if you still think the Academy isn't a good idea... well, to each his own i guess.

Tekken
04-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. White
Just to fill you in, there is an outside world.. Use bots and experience to get better, you don't need traning, it is a game, not "The Karate Kid X"

My first reaction was to agree with you, but then I thought about it a bit.

I think this would be a nice way to maintain an extended group of people that like to play together. Sort of a clan-less clan, if you will.

As to the training aspect, I guess this would be the way to gain experience for some people. Trying to learn 'live' while in a game can be difficult when you're not used to the speed. I know I've learned a lot playing with my clan-mates, where I can stop and ask questions, or have a sequence of attacks demonstrated. Just having the luxury of watching and picking up new things makes it worthwile.

I think this is a good idea, in general, but it looks like you guys creating this are gonna have your hands full! Good Luck! :D

Jahs
04-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Jon'a

i'd like to have a padawan (or two) to teach it to.
please reply back in this thread. ^^

n0000000000000 you can only have one Padawan!

and erhm count me in!

jogubb_86@hotmail.com (msn too)

massadoobie
04-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Just to clear one thing up...
i highly doubt we'll have a padawan system, especially a single padawan system. so far it seems like we'll have too many "students" for something like that to be feasible. we'll see though.

Site Adminstrator, Jedi Academy

KingJohn
04-29-2002, 03:02 PM
I think its a good idea its hard to try and learn online when you get hit by a saber or a rocket evey time you spawn into the game.
and the bots are nothing like fighting a real human (unpredictable as we are)

Sounds great guys. God, Alha, Buda knows I could stand to learn a few things.
Count me in.

In game I'm AlphaMale:D

Let me know when its ready
Royalty@King-John.com

massadoobie
04-29-2002, 03:57 PM
one last thing before this thread officially dies...

all of you who are posting email addresses wanting emails when we open... well i'll see what i can do, but i definitely recommend that you check the jediknightii.net homepage... oh, in the next few days or so :)

[CO] HellmasteR
04-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Heh, I got here a bit late, but if you still need help with trainers, I can train people in no force dueling, arklesiezure42@lycos.co.uk is my e-mail.

DeepEyes357
04-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Dont know if been asked yet, but will this be strictly light or dark, or both. Im good at light and at heavy stance, but I can still use some training.

massadoobie
04-29-2002, 10:32 PM
we're gonna try and help people ALL-AROUND... maybe help get rid of some of the "heavy stance" whining by teaching alternatives too :)

solo2070
04-29-2002, 11:54 PM
I am pretty good at this game. but fighting in this style is what gets me i am a big Half-Life counter strike fan and the style of playing is very differentso i could usea litle coaching. but if there is any sort of traing for how to play as a team i could be a trainer for that cause thatis the weay i play if not oh well i still would liketo get some traing on how to use the light saber. cause likei said i am pretty good but i still find some one that can school me in every server.

:fett: he is comeing after me

sttaffy
04-30-2002, 05:36 AM
i forgot to email you, but i didnt forget about the thread. email me to set up a time/server

(oh damn, ill be away for like 1.5 weeks starting tonight, anyway, im still in)

the most fun i had today in this game was fighting DFA'ers over and over again until i could consistently beat them. it was sweet

massadoobie
04-30-2002, 07:52 AM
ok, let me clarify my clarification....
i'm not going to email anyone, at least right now.
trust me, it would take entirely too long to email everyone now, especially when we have a trainer application ready to go that just drops right into my email box :)

Thanks for the interest guys, but make sure to fill out the application when it's available when we open, THEN we can set up a time and server

sttaffy
04-30-2002, 06:58 PM
whoops, i reread the whole post- and missed the one about the emails. sorry, i feel dumb now :)
ill keep checking for when it is up :)