PDA

View Full Version : 1st time mapper...Spawn points?

TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 04:25 PM
I know this is probaly simple, but how do make spawn points in maps?

Mech-Ryu
04-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Right click on 2d view, click info > info_player_start..
I think that is how its done, I did that, but I havnt tested to see if it works

TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 04:31 PM
i was following a tutorial for making maps with Radiant and that is what it said to do but when I right-click I dont see "Info" the menu. I see a worlspawn... but it says can't create with worldspawn or somthing like that.

mapmaker
04-27-2002, 04:52 PM
You have JK2Radiant installed in your 'GameData' folder, right? In not, that could be the problem. You have to access JK2Radiant from the GameData folder, or from a shortcut (I think) for it to work properly.

DaviJade
04-27-2002, 04:53 PM
It sounds like your entity path is not set up right. For multiplayer do this: Goto your "File" | "Project Settings" --> Under your entity path it should look like:
C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\mp_e ntities.def

TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 05:12 PM
I do have it installed in the gamedata directory and I changed the entity path to be correct as well. I still get the error"can't create entity with world spawn". Do I need to have the floor brush or any brush for that matter selected when I try to create.
I am using JKRadiant. I righ-click on the grid and select worldspawn and get the error.

TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Nevermind my last post. I figured it out. Thanks DaviJade, that did work.... I just forgot to restart. Doh'

Anarchangel
04-29-2002, 06:55 PM
I still get this error, my path seems correct expect for the program files folder,( mines not in there) still get the same error.