PDA

View Full Version : Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)

Pages : [1] 2

JediSith999
04-27-2002, 06:34 PM
All right people, this is JediSith999 from Jedi Academy. And directly and only from Jedi Academy, we found out what you wanted and researched it. Well here it is! We found real sabers which you CAN duel with! Yes, I am buying one of these really soon. Yes you CAN duel with them. They are amazing and awesome. I just couldnt wait to release this information public. Remember, you heard this from the Jedi Academy first....... And the site is:
Lightech Indsutries (www.lightechindustries.com)
It is awesome, anyone who is even close to a fan should get one, or two, or even three. Have fun dueling with your friends. And remember, you heard it from the Jedi Academy first.
Also, everything with the Jedi Academy is going smooth, if you didn't know, we did get our own server, and were doin really good. Expect us in a week or two.
-JediSith999

Tab
04-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Too bad it doesnt cut stuff :P

grandmasterlee
04-27-2002, 06:41 PM
Looks like the blades bend a bit in the first video.... regardless those are some crappy promo movies, that guy trying to be a "crazy" dark jedi makes me want to puke.

http://www.lightechindustries.com/Sabers/Movies/saber_01_320.avi

http://www.lightechindustries.com/Sabers/Movies/saber_02_320.avi

http://www.lightechindustries.com/Sabers/Movies/saber_03_320.avi

Demangel
04-27-2002, 07:17 PM
I know these arn't the same sabers, and honestly these lightech ones hilts do look better, but anyone know if parks and lightech use the same EL blades?

The park ones have a casing around them making them "virtually unbreakable"

Do these?

Still good call Jedi academy these sabers look sweet regardless!!!

Phoenixhunter
04-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Sure the dark Jedi play actor is weird but he certainly reminds me of the Reborn =P

All in all I think its the perfect addition to Star Wars junkies. Hey if it gets them out of their rooms and interacting with other people on a physical basis, it can't be THAT bad of a thing, right?

JediSith999
04-27-2002, 07:24 PM
They dont 'bend' in the videos, after reviewing the videos I thought the same thing, but then I relized that it was the effect of the saber being swung rapidly. Such as when you do the pencil trick, you grab it by the eraser and move up up and down, it looks like its a rubber pencil. So now they dont 'bend'. I thought it was cool the guy was trying to act like a dark jedi, and I dont think they use the same blades, because Parks seem much thinner then Lightech Industires. Lightech are way better, im getting them myself. I suggest you get them too.

Jalas
04-27-2002, 07:41 PM
another good saber site is www.parksabers.com

Scarlet Widow
04-27-2002, 07:50 PM
i've always wanted a lightsaber....but never have i imaged having a hard, solid piece of metal in the centre of the blade. i want a true weapon, the blade being a beam of pure energy with which i can cut thru walls if i so desire :p

The hilts look great though, i must say.

Con. Snake
04-27-2002, 07:59 PM
i want a true weapon, the blade being a beam of pure energy with which i can cut thru walls if i so desire :p No country on the planet would ever let you have one.

Sokaran
04-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Hehe those look cool. I think Im gonna get 6.

JediSith999
04-27-2002, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Im gettin one, I think within a week.

L'Equa Sinar
04-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey!! Who cares if it legal!! Don't ruin our dreams!! :)

I would love to get one, i would be out at night shadow fighting....now all i gotta do is convince me girlfriend to let me use our joint credit card!!! hey, maybe if i get 2 she wil play wiht me!! :)

:trooper: hey, you there!
:yoda:beer leads to hangover, hangover leads to pain, pain, leads to suffering....

JediSith999
04-27-2002, 09:11 PM
Great, the more people who get em the better, maybe I will see you one day and duel you.......... maybe...........
Yeah, but my friend bought a parksaber and was very disapointed.. There was no on or off switch, and when i swung it, the blade was flimsy and sometimes popped out. It was really annoying. So I looked for another company that did make cool lightsabers and I stumbled across Lightech Industries. So I guess they will be the new company where I get my lightsabers.

*EDIT*
I NOW STAND CORRECTED. They did have an off/on switch, but after pressing it to many times it did brake

Ascari
04-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Jedi sith:

Which of park's designs was that? Rogue, Echelon etc. ?

I was thinking of buying a parksaber but i'm thinking of lightech as well

JediSith999
04-27-2002, 11:51 PM
The Maelstrom, then I borrowed my friends rouge, and it broke on us too, so we are going lightech. I suggest a lightech, I havnt tried it but I know that parksabers brake, form previous expierince.

*EDIT*
Grammer mistakes.

Con. Snake
04-28-2002, 01:07 AM
If a Park's broke on you, then so will a LithTech under the same conditions - the protective layer is made of the same material. If you don't like something, then say so, no need to make up lies.

RahnDelSol
04-28-2002, 01:40 AM
Where does he lie?

He said the park saber broke, he's going to try the Lightech.

Nowhere did he say he already tried it, or that it was better...just that he was going to give it a go.

So where's the lie? :confused:

JediSith999
04-28-2002, 02:03 AM
Heres my conclusion:
Parksabers:
The actual design is fancy, looks appealing
have to remove batteries and put them in to turn it on or off
BECAUSE if you hit their switch too many times or too hard, it will brake
The actual hilt does not fit well with the blade, making the blade very flimsy, because the hilt does not tighten it secure enough
Lightech:
I have not tried but I am getting, i have hear aweosme things about them, so I am getting one. Maybe 2

*EDIT*
Fixed a few mistakes, grammer, and punctuation.

The_Raptor
04-28-2002, 03:47 AM
Lol, I think I'll stick with the Hasbro-made toy lightsabers! Atleast theyre blades are half-way thick enough! hehe... And because I'm hella-cheap (spent last 50 bucks on JKII!)!

Ulic Quel Droma
04-28-2002, 03:58 AM
To bad they look nothing like lightsabers and pretty much suck :)

BAH i hate angel fire...
i had some images

Verlex
04-28-2002, 04:15 AM
So you people want swords that look like lightsabres and want to fight with these swords that actually DONT look like light sabres. WHY ARENT YOU FENCING. Fencing may be the most fun (if not physically demanding) sport I have ever been involved with. Not only do you fight with swords, but your reflexes get keen, you get into shape, you get to stab people, and it is VERY strategic. Why arent you people helping me bring my sport back into main stream!? START FENCING PEOPLE! Throwdown your fake lightsabres and grab a foil or Epee (cant spell that word! ARGH!) FIGHT IN THE WAR AGAINST LAZINESS AND FAKE SWORDS!

Darksider
04-28-2002, 04:21 AM
Kickass idea Verlex, im gonna have to look into that.....

Verlex
04-28-2002, 04:24 AM
You will love it if you can get a good coach. It is seriously fun if you can get into it.

Verlex
04-28-2002, 04:33 AM
I am gunna grab some info for anyone here interested (because us fencers always have to convert others to the sport so that it can survive.)

Great fencing equipment
http://www.thefencingpost.com/foil.htm

Here is the official US fencing site
http://www.usfencing.org/

a great recourse for fencers
http://www.fencing.net/

and there are a few more that wont benifit beginers. I highly suggest you all look into fencing if you have any need to fight with swords or have ever desired too. (This includes lightsabres)

NerfYoda
04-28-2002, 07:20 AM
The only thing that bugs me about these saber blades is they dont have that while column down the center like in the movies/fils/etc... :(

And my gf fences. That sprot rules. I'm gonna get back into it I think...

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 07:39 AM
well, i have seen both the park sabers and these light tech ones in real life, my friend ordered both
his park saber had an on/off switch and the blade never came out from the hilt, it is also totally strong as we have tried to break them many times and not suceeded, on the other hand his lighttech one is no where near as good, which we expected from the price difference, the blades actually do bend a bit when u make contact and the hilts arent as nice as park

Jedi wannabe
04-28-2002, 07:58 AM
These are better but cost more
http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk/SW_EL_index.htm

:saberb: :saberr: :saberg:

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 08:51 AM
they loook good but they are more expensive than parksabres
which shud i get the t 9000 or the powerage or the viper defender?

Anox Kleevah
04-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Anyone knows where i can find some alien props??? There were some one darthworkshop but the site were down...

JediSith999
04-28-2002, 11:50 AM
Im going to get a Defender, but now you guys are making me think, you said the Lightech saber blade bends? My friend said "Josh (His friend) has a lightech and it kicks @$$! Its the best saber on the market"
NOTE: I do not actually know them, an aqquantice over the internet I have met.
Well thats what I've heard.
- Ross "JediSith999" Berger
Jedi Academy Leader

*EDIT*
Added Note.

JediSith999
04-28-2002, 02:37 PM
Yeah, but park doesnt have a double bladed lightsaber. Lightech has a double bladed lightsaber, which can disassemble into 2 seperate fully operation lightsabers. How awesome is that?

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 02:42 PM
after testing with my friend
we dont think they bend
but if u watch them instead of the fight it still gives the pencil illusion

JediSith999
04-28-2002, 08:57 PM
Which saber did you get?

The_Raptor
04-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Well, I can't exactly take fencing (even though I always wanted too...) because... Well, theres no fencing schools or classes or clubs near me that I know of.... And I probably couldn't afford it either... Plus, I want a saber (still a fencing weapon you know) because I can slash them as well! So it would be more like a rapier!

JediSith999
04-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I dont get it.

Ignodium
04-29-2002, 04:46 PM
how about this, anakin skywalker episode II blade with el lighting and sound effects (YES, it makes a hit noise when you hit)

too good to be true? not at all, its even endorsed with a link from the official starwars.com store.

http://www.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/productsanakinfxsaber.asp?sid=

i dont know if you can battle with it, but you could probably email them to find out (i didnt read the whole page)

Darh Enf
04-29-2002, 05:12 PM
wow the ones from Master Replicas and Darthsworkshop are REALLY impressive, master replicas also has a GREAT price on anakin's saber, darthsworkshop is pretty expensive tough

and if u would like real swordfighting besides fencing i recomendo Kendo

Darh Enf
04-29-2002, 05:25 PM
last comment, dont u think that Lighttech and parksabers blades are too THIN? i mean they dont pretty much look like sabers, i cant tell also for the mastereplicas anakin's one because there is no actual PICTURE, but the ones the darthsworkshop seem to have nice blades, specially the ones from EP1 ( Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ) im looking forward to their darth maul double blade EL saber too

Darth Odisse
04-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Darh Enf
last comment, dont u think that Lighttech and parksabers blades are too THIN? i mean they dont pretty much look like sabers, i cant tell also for the mastereplicas anakin's one because there is no actual PICTURE, but the ones the darthsworkshop seem to have nice blades, specially the ones from EP1 ( Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ) im looking forward to their darth maul double blade EL saber too

That's nothing I e-mailed them and apparently later on in the year they'll be releasing Mace Windu's and Count Dooku's Lightsabers as well.

L'Equa Sinar
04-29-2002, 07:03 PM
I have just placed my order from Lightec for a Viper Defender, i wasn't sure which blade to go with so i just said to choose one that would suit it :)

They should make a starwars nightclub somewhere, take your lightecs and park's and have drinks & duel, imagine it now, oooh yes, feel the force flowing through you! :) :)

Wahey!

Hopefully my lightec should be here (England) within a week apparently!!! I'm so excited i could pee my pants! lol

:trooper: hey, you there! :)

:yoda: L'Equa Sinar is finally getting a saber, yess, mmmmm!

L'Equa Sinar
04-29-2002, 07:08 PM
I'm so excited, and i just can't hide it!! I'm about to get my saber and i think i like it!! woowee!

Ascari
04-29-2002, 07:41 PM
I just got off the phone with Jeff Parks from Parksabers.

I told him about a company who sold almost identical lightsabers as theirs and that a guy promoting these sabers said that yours were flimsy and that the blades would fall of the hilt.

After I told him this Jeff replied by saying:

"Lightech right?"
He explained to me that Mike (lightechindustries.com) was a former customer of parksabers and that Mike's original designs were actually custom designs that Mike asked Jeff to make for him.

And JediSith999

u said that u saw 2 parksabers in action and that they were flimsy and that the blade woulf fall of the hilt if u move it around.
If Lightech uses the same manufacturing designs why wouldnt they fall out? U also said that there wasnt an On/Off switch, which is a complete lie as well.
I mean no offense but your full of Sh*t.

But to stay on the subject,
I dont think the sabers from lightech industries are of bad quality, I just dont like the way they are being promoted.

Anyhow i'm not getting my saber from lightech industries, i'm getting my saber from ParkSaber.

And to end my post with a quote from my conversation with Jeff Parks:

"I'm not here to make war, i'm here to make quality lightsabers."

greetz,

Ascari

ps. Excuse for any typo's/grammar faults
edit: Removed some typo's.

JediSith999
04-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey, I wasnt trying to start a war with park sabers or anything, I agree he has nice sabers, but I dont mean to be dissing parks. If I do I am sorry. I am just posting my opinion. If you want to get a park saber, great more power for you. Just from what Ive actually seen, with my OWN eyes, Im goin test out Ligthech. Im saying Lightech has improved on their models, because they cannot sell the same thing. But whatever you choose is cool.
If you get one though, you should tell him Ross from the Jedi Academy sent you.
But I would like to promote lightech because I do not personally have one yet, but previous expieriences from Park Sabers (my friends), it just does not seem to be a high quality saber . (No flames, just my opinion).
And also, about the park sabers thing, I talked to Mike (lightech guy), and he said that he bought the sabers to test those sabers out, not to copy them or craft after them.
Also, they are not all the same base design. From what I have personally seen, parks seems to craft all thier sabers off of one model, just diffrent qualites. While I personally think, Lightech is taking it to the next level. AKA. Making a saber holder that lights your saber hilt up in a cool container. Also, a double bladed saber (like mauls). I personally think, Lightech shows a more promising future with so many great ideas. Did I mention the double bladed saber can come apart into 2 totally functional sabers?
Ah well, those are my opinions.
And dont start a war on this, lets just leave it where it is. They both make fine sabers, but dont make this into a flame war, we all have our opinions.
Jedi Academy Leader

Kurgan
04-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Yikes.. if I had $300 to blow, I think I'd put it into a GeForce4 first.. but that's just me.

I'm a sword freak, and there's a lot of blades I'd love to have over my mantle-piece, but I just don't have that kind of dough for museum trinkets. ; p

JediSith999
04-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Cool, were all welcome to our own opinions. I just think its nice to add to the SW collection, and to duel with friends.

King of Blades
04-30-2002, 12:28 AM
oh to be born a rich man...

L'Equa Sinar
04-30-2002, 06:45 AM
Well, thanks for all the opinions but i am happy to take my chances, these lightec ones look wiked, and altough i am about £1400 (roughyl $2100?) in debt, i had to order one, they just , look so amazing :D

Hope to hear fom you othe rlightec and parks guys soon, come on over to the UK, we can duel!! :D

creamy
04-30-2002, 07:25 AM
hey i have a suggestion for the guys in this thread. if u have 300 $ to spend on a TOY u or someonw in your wesinity should have a DV camera. Now what i would like to se is an objektive film klip of the saber u have preferably in daylight no crap like the clips lightec has full daylight and testing the saber in a scientific manner, could anny of u do this?? cuz in my book talk is cheap

JediSith999
04-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Dont have a camera Sorry.

L'Equa Sinar
04-30-2002, 08:31 AM
I could maybe get hold of a camera, i'll see what i can do, could probly make short 20 sec avi's...

what sort of clips you looking for?

creamy
04-30-2002, 08:32 AM
then borrow one. and dont tell me that u dont know annyone if u really want u will figure out a solution

creamy
04-30-2002, 08:34 AM
@ L´equa i would like to se durability test to se if they are practically indestruktible and se if they bend

L'Equa Sinar
04-30-2002, 12:32 PM
Durability maybe! test indestructability no way!!! lol, they is expensive y'know!! :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
04-30-2002, 12:48 PM
I have seen a few more sites which provide the same thing

www.buystarwarsstuff.com is one
www.entertainmentearth.com is good for lots of SW related things

I have ordered a saber from Buy Star Wars Stuff, and i think they look pretty good quality (same as the Parksabers ones, as far as i can see)

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

[HoT]Dark-Sith
04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Damn, i thought i had posted more than 1 time on here... :(

Ahh well, time to find somewhere to spam :)

Ascari
04-30-2002, 01:29 PM
buystarwarsstuff.com buys their sabers at parksabers. But parksabers give them a discount

L'Equa Sinar
04-30-2002, 01:33 PM
lol, go spam my Hey, you there thread in the swamp!! lol

Who here has a lightec saber?? :)

JediSith999
04-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Lequam im gettin one real soon.

JediSith999
04-30-2002, 09:49 PM
I think all EL blades are the same....

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 12:08 AM
Just thought i'd add an opinion to the debate here, since when i posted before i was at work, and not really able to really take a good look at other peoples opinions...

The saber which i ordered from Buy Star War Stuff (or Parksabers, if thats where they get them from) is the Rogue model (Red Blade, to go with my evil sith type dealings :D )
is going to take 6-8 weeks for construction and delivery (may be earlier, but thats what it said in the e-mail i got from them after placing the order), whereas L'Equa Sinar said in one of his posts, and excuse me for being a newb at this forum stuff, but i can't do quotes, so i'll do my own

"Hopefully my lightec should be here (England) within
a week apparently!!!"

Now, i live in Scotland, and last i remember, it didn't take an extra 5-7 weeks to travel between Scotland and England :p

This seems to suggest to me that the BSWS (or Parks) sabers must be constructed in a more durable way if it takes longer than a week to construct and deliver (or it could just mean that Jeff Parks is lazy :p )

Just my opinion, lemme know what you guys think

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Whoops

*Sith realises the error of his ways*

Maybe if i actually looked at the buttons more i would notice the "QUOTE" button on the bottom left...ahh well, found it now

*And there was much rejoicing* :D

Sokaran
05-01-2002, 12:26 AM
Maybe your postal systems are different.

More thouroh(sp) checks blah blah blah

NerfYoda
05-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Alot of times 6-8 weeks for delivery is an overestimate in case something goes wrong during the manufacturing or shipping. That and the customers love it when the saber shows up 3 weeks ahead of schedule. :)

Once you guys get one lemme know how they act.. pics please.. I'm considering a lightech, but still wanna look into it beofre plunking down my hard earned cash.

Darksider
05-01-2002, 05:37 AM
Two things that would help, Creamy:

1) Ask nicely. These people are not answerable to you. They do not have to justify anything to you.

2) It would really help if you spoke coherent, comprehensible english. Reading posts like yours makes my eyes bleed.

Ascari
05-01-2002, 10:09 AM
The reason why it takes longer for Park Sabers to construct your light sabers is because they are more buyers.

Jeff Parks makes 15 lightsabers, and then he ships them away.

If your lucky, u can get in the last 2/3 lightsaber constructions. If you're having bad luck. Your saber was the first in line :)

Another reason why it takes 6 to 8 weeks is because of Episode 2. He's getting a lot more orders then 1 year ago :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by [HoT]Dark-Sith
Just thought i'd add an opinion to the debate here, since when i posted before i was at work, and not really able to really take a good look at other peoples opinions...

The saber which i ordered from Buy Star War Stuff (or Parksabers, if thats where they get them from) is the Rogue model (Red Blade, to go with my evil sith type dealings :D )
is going to take 6-8 weeks for construction and delivery (may be earlier, but thats what it said in the e-mail i got from them after placing the order), whereas L'Equa Sinar said in one of his posts, and excuse me for being a newb at this forum stuff, but i can't do quotes, so i'll do my own

"Hopefully my lightec should be here (England) within
a week apparently!!!"

Now, i live in Scotland, and last i remember, it didn't take an extra 5-7 weeks to travel between Scotland and England :p

This seems to suggest to me that the BSWS (or Parks) sabers must be constructed in a more durable way if it takes longer than a week to construct and deliver (or it could just mean that Jeff Parks is lazy :p )

Just my opinion, lemme know what you guys think

Well, i'm not 100% sure but maybe Parksabers actually have to have them made somwhere else, shippe to them etc.... hance the 6-8 weeks...

With Lightec i am assuming they have them pre-made in stock so they will send on out then order more to be made for ppl who buy sometime in the future, they said they will send mine declared as a low value gift, to knock the shipping cost down to $32, and said it should get to england within 3days, so i am ssuming maybe 1 week in total, which if it is true, i should gte mine in about 6 days!! heres hoping! :)

D'akt Sangwar
05-01-2002, 10:20 AM
if u do, then ill haev to start saving and decide which one to get mine from
then get it shipped over to good old UK

Ascari
05-01-2002, 10:24 AM
just out of curiousity...

Can u get a refund if u dont like the saber with lightech?

Cause I spoke to Jeff and he said there is a 5 day full refund warranty if u dont like it. And if u dont live in the usa he extends the 5 day refund because of shipping time etc.

TK366
05-01-2002, 10:27 AM
These are not for dueling and they are very pricey, ridiculously pricey. But they are true to the original props, they use the antique flashguns that Lucas used in the original films. Another neat point is that these use a mercury argon plasma blade that actually lights up and down as you activate/deactivate it.

lightsaber replicas (http://www.lightsaberreplicas.com)

You can duel with these.
Larbel also makes great replicas of the early luke/vader sabers as well. He also includes an insert that will accept a lightech style EL blade. You have to buy the blade and electronics from lightech as well. His work is highly recommended. A fraction of the cost from the above site although different products. The site says plasmablade but they are just the saber body itself and intended for EL blades. He's in HK and he ships fast!

Larbel (http://larbel.amer.net)

Have fun.

Jedi-Bert
05-01-2002, 10:40 AM
You people can afford to get one, even 2 of these?!?!

Bah!

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 10:54 AM
The reason why it takes longer for Park Sabers to construct your light sabers is because they are more buyers.

Jeff Parks makes 15 lightsabers, and then he ships them away.

If your lucky, u can get in the last 2/3 lightsaber constructions. If you're having bad luck. Your saber was the first in line

Well, that clears that up :D ty Ascari

:duel:

D'akt Sangwar
05-01-2002, 11:00 AM
all these are sounding so good
im spoilt for choice.lol
well i dont have any money right now
and i dont think my mum wud be happy if i spent loads of money on a lightsaber
but.......im gonna try

D'akt Sangwar
05-01-2002, 11:03 AM
i was thinking of just buying a hilt from here (http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk/SW_NEL_DM.htm)
and then fitting it with a blade fromhere (http://creativeforceinc.homestead.com/blades.html) , but im nt sure if it wud fit, u can tighten the space on the hilt so im pretty sure it wud
who thinks this is a good idea?, cos i dont wanna pay exxxxxxxxtttttra for an el blade

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 03:29 PM
btw L'Equa, how did you get in contact with Lightech anyway?
I had sent them an e-mail ages before i ordered my Rogue, and there still hasn't been a reply...

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 05:48 PM
[HOT] I sent them an enquiry e-mail on sunday, got a response in about 3 hours, then i sent an order e-mail on monday and didn't get an e-mail back, so i gave them a call today, they said tey had processed the order and were shipping it on friday and they onl read the e-mail and didn't reply because they were out of stte doing some promo work...

But i am v confident in them :)

I got the Lightec Viper Defender for $225 + $35 Shipping, which comes out to about £180 :) I got them to choose me a blade color as i couldn't make my mind up!!! So get a lighte, get down to england, and i'll duel ya! lol

Anyone else ordered lightec yet? C'mon guys, stop being so tight!! lol :o)

The_Raptor
05-01-2002, 07:04 PM
Do these 200 dollar+ toy lightsabers even have any sound effects? Because the 20 dollar toy lightsabers made by Hasbro do, plus the blade extends (even though it has the bad overlaps), is somewhat durable and safe... And like I said, its hella cheaper...

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 07:32 PM
No, they do not have sounds, although lightec are currently producing a sound unit for thier sabers :)

Its anot all about the sounds though, i ould much rather have a $200 Good looking replica lightsaber than a $20 plastic lump with no aesthetics...

Have you even seen these sabers in action??

head over to Lightec (http://www.lightecindustries.com) and check out the demos, the guys doing them look wierd lol, but the sabers look cool :)

Also check out the look of the sabers and how good they look :)

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 07:36 PM
Well there was one HUGE benefit I saw at lightech, which made me choose them. They say their sabers are MADE for DUELING. And what good is it to have a saber that is to fragile to play with. On parks site, I do NOT see anything about dueling with them. I guess they are to fragile. So If you wanna duel and have fun with your lightsaber, its lightech, if you wanna have a fancy show off saber, to keep it in a special case, and show it off, i guess get park, but either way its your choice. Also just let me know if you order one, just leave ur name on the message board. And if you choose lightech, prepare to duel!

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Yes, they do have a return policy, but, they do have a restock fee, so people just dont go buying them, then returning them after they play with them.

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 08:21 PM
These sabers looked cool, but their blades are definetly not made for duelling, since the are composed of a glass tube with Neon/Argon for the blade colour, with a plastic tubing around it, so they would be flimsy

BUT

The effect they give is VERY cool, if the Electrolumnesant blades did this, it would be sweeeet :D

http://www.amazing1.com/Graphics/saberprac.mpeg

EDIT: btw, the sound is added, so don't wet yourself :p

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 08:30 PM
Thats cool, but I hate to brake it to you, those sabers are 1800 dollars, yes 1800. I am not sure that is a reasonable price just for the effect of it goin up and down LOL. Put those are awesome. I cant wait, the academy is oepening soon, REAL soon, and Im gettin a saber from lightech soon, I CANT WAIT!

UsEr-X-
05-01-2002, 08:31 PM
HAHHAHA I CANT BELIEVE U GUYS ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING BUYING WORTHLESS CRAP LIKE THAT AAAAAAAAAGHHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! COME ON REALLY? YOU THINK YOUR GONNA LICHTSAER FIGHT HAHAH WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY WHY DONT U JUST GIVE ME YOUR MONEY AND ILL SEND YOU A PEICE OF **** DOES THE SAME THING...........NOTHING!!!!!!

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Just a request, keep your childely immature behavior away, and maybe grow up before you start posting.
Jedi Academy Leader

UsEr-X-
05-01-2002, 08:36 PM
YOUR THE ONES TALKING ABOUT HAVIG G AY BARS AND SWORD FIGHTING IT IS JUST SO SAD......................

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 08:41 PM
user, what is your problem? Surly what people wish to spend thier money on, collect and how they use it is thier business and not anything to do with you, please keep your negative comments to yourself.

jediSith, you ordred your saber yet? I should be getting my defender mid next week...which did u order? ;)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 08:44 PM
No JediSith, the sabers on Amazing1 (http://www.amazing1.com) are actually cheaper than the ones constructed from the antique Hieland Flashguns which were shown in an earlier post, but as i said, they are much more easy to break, because of what they are made out of

A saber with a 36 inch blade for instance...
SAB36 - (color) 36" Saber w/Blade...............................$149.95*

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 08:48 PM
[HOT] They look cool, as do loads of diff ones out there, but i think i would reccommend Lightec as a good mid price saber dealer with good looking sabers that are supposedly indetructable (almost!) and could withsatdn dueling punishment and being dropped while trying cool spins in your hand!! lol

Also, have you seen thier lightstaff?!??! HELL THEY ROCK!

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Im pretty sure im getting a defender, either red or blue blade, SUCH A HARD CHOICE. I think im gonna pick one out of a hat heheh

Wow those are really cool effects, but I bet they are so fragile, that if you drop em they will shatter. But they have a nice effect, nice find.
Jedi Academy Leader

*EDIT*
Added message.

Ascari
05-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JediSith999
Well there was one HUGE benefit I saw at lightech, which made me choose them. They say their sabers are MADE for DUELING. And what good is it to have a saber that is to fragile to play with. On parks site, I do NOT see anything about dueling with them. I guess they are to fragile. So If you wanna duel and have fun with your lightsaber, its lightech, if you wanna have a fancy show off saber, to keep it in a special case, and show it off, i guess get park, but either way its your choice. Also just let me know if you order one, just leave ur name on the message board. And if you choose lightech, prepare to duel!

I talked to Jeff about that,
he says it's a pre-sue measure. Cause well u know the usa, they tend to sue everyone theyre :).
It's the same reason why ParkSabers have a red top on the end of their blades, it prevents people from poking their eyes out :)

But Parks assured me that hi's sabers are build for dueling.
Hell I know someone who drove over hi's blade with hi's car and it didnt even had a scratch :) I believe he's also on the forums here.

greetz,

Ascari

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 09:10 PM
lol, its cool that he could drive over it and it was ok, but what kind of guy in his right mind drives over a Multi 100 $$$$ piece of artwork?? lol :)

Some ppl scare me!!! :)

JediSith: I know what you mean about the difficult color decision, like i said before i really dunno which to get, i would lvoe sith red, but my girlfriend says to get green or blue, so i just told Mike to choose one that he thinks would match the defender well!! lol

Damn it i will wanna duel someone after this!! What shall i do?!?! lol

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 09:17 PM
This is what it says on the ParkSabers site about their blades

Blade: True 360° EL (electro-luminescent) lamp
¾" o.d. x ½" i.d. polycarbonite blade housing
Electro-Luminescent / Indiglo™ Lamp
40" Long blade (36" out of the saber hilt).
Easily detachable.
Strongly secured.
Virtually unbreakable.

As for duelling, i think it would be quite possible with a Parks saber, but it does have this disclaimer on the site also

The Echelon™ Saber, and or any other Saber is not intended for simulated sword play or fencing. Parks™ Sabers should never be thrown or swung around people, pets, or property. It should not be worn during any kind of physical activity including running, jumping, or walking down stairs. These statements are for the protection of the owner. Parks™ Sabers accepts no liability in the misuse of its products.

Ascari
05-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by [HoT]Dark-Sith
This is what it says on the ParkSabers site about their blades

As for duelling, i think it would be quite possible with a Parks saber, but it does have this disclaimer on the site also

Like i said, it's for legal purposes :)

And the guy who drove over hi's lightsaber was testing hi's warranty :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 09:36 PM
I think i saw that guy posting about sabers on here before, thats where i heard of them first

Also, he said that the red tip on the end is fairly easily removed, thankfully, because (even though i AM getting a red saber), can you imagine how crap it would look to have a blue saber with a red tip...no no no :D

L'Equa Sinar
05-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Is it just me...or shoudl those red tip be optional? lol :) Aahh well, as long as they are easily removed....

Luckily the Lightec ones are clean, no dots!! lol :o)

I think i'll test my warrenty carefuly, if someone has ran over thiers thata good enough for me!! lol.

Btw: Was this car crushing incident done on lightec or parks?

:trooper:Hey, you there
:jawa What?
:trooper: lets see some ID

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Wll the blades are the same for each, parks sabers and lightech. So if you could run over one of the blades, you can run over the other, now the hilt is a diffrent story

Sokaran
05-01-2002, 09:54 PM
I believe he said Lightec. Im too lazy to look back.

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-01-2002, 10:13 PM
I found the thread which i first heard of these sabers, it was on here a few weeks ago

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45021

It sounds as though this guy has tested the saber quite well :D

EDIT: I'm obviously not lazy like SOME people :p

Ascari
05-01-2002, 10:16 PM
The guy ran over a parksabers blade...

and jedisith999 that does say a lot about parksabers hilt

Cause the guy in the care didnt run over the blade but on the blade attached was the hilt. So the hilt had a lot of pressure as well...

JediSith999
05-01-2002, 10:51 PM
true there is pressure on the hilt, but NONE compared to the pressure on the blade, so therefore the BLADE is indestructable, i bet if you ran over the hilt it could brake, or fry those tiny on/off switch circuits.

Xanthos
05-01-2002, 11:57 PM
It's kind of expensive though... 95 bux. you could get the plastic ones that are almost the same size and make noises and glow and everything. Alot cheaper anyway and still as much fun :). But I'd like to get one of those myself :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Well, its good that the Lightec and Park's blades are looking indestructable, i for one, will not be running mine over!!! :)

Should hopefully have mine by this time next week!

:trooper: Come to daddy! :)

Oh, and [HOT] Good game on JKII last night, why were u on XVTie?? Shoulda been on XWAlliance... :)

Ascari
05-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by JediSith999
true there is pressure on the hilt, but NONE compared to the pressure on the blade, so therefore the BLADE is indestructable, i bet if you ran over the hilt it could brake, or fry those tiny on/off switch circuits.

I thought u said that u think there are no on/off switches on the parksabers? lol :)

Let me just ensure everyone, there are on/off switches on the parksabers :)

they even have shiny leds on some of parksabers.
This is 1 of the reasons the Rogue is a bit cheaper then the rest because it doesnt have those leds.

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
I heard most lightec ones do have LED's too, and seeing as they are the offical Saber of the JEDI ACADEMY (shameless plug) (http://academy.jediknightii.net) i think we should not forget them!!

Ever noticed how ppl seem confident in Lightec, but with parks its seeming like "can i break it?" "is there led's?" "is there a switch?" Sorry to soudn negative to parks, but go lightec go! :)

Ascari
05-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by L'Equa Sinar
I heard most lightec ones do have LED's too, and seeing as they are the offical Saber of the JEDI ACADEMY (shameless plug) (http://academy.jediknightii.net) i think we should not forget them!!

Ever noticed how ppl seem confident in Lightec, but with parks its seeming like "can i break it?" "is there led's?" "is there a switch?" Sorry to soudn negative to parks, but go lightec go! :)

I disagree, their are hundreds of positive ParkSabers reviews. In fact I have never seen a negative review.

As far as lightech i have only seen 1 review, it was positive though.

I also dont like how Lightec says they are the first company with true 360 degrees EL light. Since ParkSabers was definatly earlier.

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Ok, fair enough, there have been lots of parks positive reviews... although they have been said to break a bit as well, read pge 1 of this thread.... :-\

I don't wanna argue thought mate, i just wanna duel! :vadar:

Ascari
05-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok, fair enough, there have been lots of parks positive reviews... although they have been said to break a bit as well, read pge 1 of this thread.... :-\

yeah well, saying that their is no on/off switch on the parksaber makes me think he was just lying. I for one wouldnt be surprised if JediSith999 get's a free lightech saber for hi's promoting campaign :)

edit:

Remember he is also selling them at the Jedi Academy page

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
*starts his own ad campaign* C'mon lightec just one? Just a blade free?? please? lol :)

NerfYoda
05-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ascari
Remember he is also selling them at the Jedi Academy page

I've spoken with him about that. He tells me hes getting nothing for free from these guys. The ads on the JA page really bug me too. :(

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-02-2002, 06:20 PM
What is Electro-Luminescent Blade Technology?
EL is a phosphorous material that when charged with electricity glows like neon or real lightsabers, if you will. This form of technology is very durable and creates a brilliant lightsaber glow.

Can I duel with your these lightsabers?
The answer is YES! Our lightsabers are designed virtually unbreakable! You buy these lightsabers not only to impress but to have fun with.

Will the blade fly off the hilt during a "duel"?
No, the lightsaber is equipped with a securing mechanism for the blade.

What are the brightest colors for the blade?
The brightest colors are Green, Blue & Red.

Does the light travel up and down the blade?
No, being a product utilizing EL current technology does not allow the light to "travel". It is however comparable to the way an indigo watch comes on.

I've seen some pictures that show a red tip on the lightsaber, is that how it comes?
No, if you refer to actual pictures of the lightsabers you will notice that the red tips have been removed.

This is on the Buy Star Wars Stuff FAQ section, so i'm happy with all of the above :D

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 06:30 PM
God info Dark, puts a lot of our minds at rest i think :)

I now know mine will be durable!! :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah, i never doubted the Lightech ones would be durable, but it was just after JediSith999 had said the Parks Sabers ones weren't, i had to be sure :D

JediSith999
05-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Well, go to lightech industries and it says something exactly like that, go to the faqs section or , it says it there;
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

What is EL?

EL is short for electroluminescent. EL is a

phosphorous material that when charged

with electricity it glows like neon. Though

not quite as bright as neon, EL is much

more durable making our sabers have

the capability for dueling!

Can I duel with your LIGHTECH Sabers?

The answer is YES!

We use polycarbonate tubes for our

saber blades which can withstand extreme

punishment and are nearly unbreakable!

etc. etc. etc.

*EDIT*
Added that from thier site

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-02-2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah JediSith, i always thought that the Lightech ones would be good, but since they never replied to my e-mail in over a week and a half (still no reply, even though i'm now getting another one) i went with someone else :p

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm v v v confident in lightec and i think parks would be good too!! Good luck to all of you :)

JediSith999
05-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Well listen to this. About me and my "Ad Campaign"(excuse spelling).
I do NOT get anything for free. My ad campain is just to help promot their site, as I promote their site, then he may help promote my site, in a cycle.
Jedi Academy Leader

Vesentac
05-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Umm I'd have to agree with Kurgan.

GF4 > some silly saber.

L'Equa Sinar
05-02-2002, 10:59 PM
You said:

geforce 4 > Saber

So if saber = grther then geforce then you disagree with kurgan???

:D

yay! join us!

SubMerged
05-02-2002, 11:42 PM
if you really want to sword duel then you should get a bamboo practice sword..and get into Kendo. at Kendo academies they teach you actual sword techniques that you can use. they run for about 12 bucks and are VERY hard to break. I imagine replica lightsabers would break eventually. but if you really want to impress your friends get a Katana.. although they won't break when dueling i wouldn't recommend it as they are extremely sharp :D
http://www.kriscutlery.com/Kris/Japanese/images/Katana29f.jpg

JediSith999
05-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Im ordering my tommorow, yay! A lightech Defender with a green blade, im bringing mine to the movies! Woo Hoo!
BTW, I think my camera works so I will take screenshots and movies (of the saber) of it etc.
-Jedi Academy Leader

Desslock
05-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Gimme a Kendo site pleaz0r... Swords are fun :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-03-2002, 12:31 AM
JediSith, good for you man!!! I ordered mine tuesday, they said they are very busy but mine is being shipped out friday, so thts great news fr me, should have it by next weds/thursday, lightec Defender, with random blade :D

Hope you enjoy yous as much as i will enjoy mine! :D

Verlex
05-03-2002, 01:05 AM
Oh come now, I suggest fencing and everyone ignores me but right after someone mentions a Katana he gets a reply? FENCING IS BETTER!

BTW is kendo (or what eva) an olympic event? If so I might wanna get tickets next time to see it. I would like to see all these WANNABE fencers with katanas.

UP WITH FENCING DOWN WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

[And now for a disclaimer : All stated here are entirely my oppinions and if you dont like them then my oppinion over rules yours. If your reading this then your not fencing and thus should be hung. Also note this is all in good fun and I mean no disrespect.]

Faucon
05-03-2002, 03:13 AM
get a Katana.. although they won't break when dueling

Errrmm Swords do break. They also require constant sharpening to keep any flaws from becoming too bad and damaging the blade. Also all the money you will spend on metal glow and other anti rust thingys. I would go with a lighttech just for the design... parksaber design didn't appeal to me. But then my green shader died on my moniture so I know where my money is going.

And if your looking for a really cheep thing to dual with(quality kendo swords still run 50 to 100 bucks and can easly break arms/fingers) go to your local hardwear store and get some pvc pipe, foam pipe insulator and some ducktape... can make about 4 "swords" for under 10 bucks.

SubMerged
05-03-2002, 07:23 AM
lol, maybe a really cheap 30 dollar sword. but if you spend 100 and get yourself a nice, full tang katana (blade goes all the way through the hilt), made out of 420 stainless steel, it wont break. i haven't bought any "chemicals" or anything to prevent the blade from rusting, as it does not get wet. i've had it for about 2 years and the blade still shines like new.

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-03-2002, 07:56 AM
I'd just like to say WTF???

Why are we talking about Kendo sticks, Katanas and the like on here?

This is a STAR WARS forum, which is why we are all so interesting in LIGHTSABERS! (Hmm, i see a pattern developing here...) :p

Obviously if we REALLY wanted to duel or to hurt someone, we would be buying/and or taking classes for things that you have suggested

But c'mon guys, let us have our fun with the sabers here :p

L'Equa Sinar
05-03-2002, 10:52 AM
yea, this is all about star wars, i respect and like all the kendo, katana stuff etc...but this is a star war forum! I'm not trying to stop ppl voicing thier opinions, but don't forget we are going for realism for starwars, not life :)

Desslock
05-03-2002, 06:18 PM
yea, this is all about star wars, i respect and like all the kendo, katana stuff etc...but this is a star war forum! I'm not trying to stop ppl voicing thier opinions, but don't forget we are going for realism for starwars, not life :)

Lets be real though.. George Lucas didn't invent a 'saber technique' that could be taught like Kendo.. Thats sort of related ;)

L'Equa Sinar
05-03-2002, 06:48 PM
lol, s'pose so mate :)

Stop making excuses lol

UseDaAgression
05-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Good thing i decided to come on here (usually go on editin now) i didnt know things like this exsisted! I was about to go buy a plastic 1 lol. Thanks for the info

JediSith999
05-03-2002, 09:17 PM
No Problem, I suggest you go lightech, they seem to be a really nice and good company, and keep comming out with more and more innovative ideas. Check them out!
www.lightechindustries.com

Jedi Academy Leader

L'Equa Sinar
05-03-2002, 10:09 PM
I think Lightec and Parks are currently on an even keile, although i believe lightec will eventually become bigger, thier sabers seem to have moe persona;ity than the parks ones that all have the large LED screens on the top :/

UseDaAgression
05-03-2002, 10:16 PM
I thought parks looked kinda cheezy n e way IMO

UseDaAgression
05-04-2002, 12:28 AM
I was about to buy Viper Defender with a red blade but it didnt look like it glowed that well, anyone got it?

Mobius47
05-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Con. Snake
No country on the planet would ever let you have one.

What about America?
In Lynchburg VA teachers are allowed to carry concealed Uzis to class, so lightsabers would probably be OK.
http://users.skynet.be/sky82632/drink/trink12.gif
They were on the cover of an NRA magazine, LOL!
http://users.skynet.be/sky82632/drink/trink12.gifhttp://users.skynet.be/sky82632/drink/trink12.gif

NerfYoda
05-04-2002, 01:08 AM
Hmm maybe I can get a concealed lightsaber license here in Texas then hehe.

BTW. Those are the scariest smilies EVER.

D'akt Sangwar
05-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by UseDaAgression
I was about to buy Viper Defender with a red blade but it didnt look like it glowed that well, anyone got it?

yeah i thought the red one looked pretty crappy on that video demo

D'akt Sangwar
05-04-2002, 08:07 AM
those smileys rule

L'Equa Sinar
05-04-2002, 09:11 AM
I think the Viper defender and all other lightec sabers will glow really well :) if you check out the videos, the setting wasn't really that dark, in a better dark they will glow a lot better :D

D'akt Sangwar
05-04-2002, 09:43 AM
yeah but in that video the green looks really nice
but the red looks like a stick of plastic

L'Equa Sinar
05-04-2002, 09:50 AM
When i gave them call Mike said the green & blue are the brightest and that the red is bright, but not as bright as the blue & green...

I'm sure it wouldn't look bad though :)

JediSith999
05-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Mike said:
"Green is the brightest, then blue"
then he also said that red is cool too in a dark environment, it glows nicely.
Also no matter where you go I think all of the blades from parks all the way to lightech are the same, all electro luminescent 360 degree, with poly carbonat tubing.
I just ordered a green bladed defeder, since I am a Jedi Master, and will teach young Jedis LOLOLOLOL
Jedi Academy Leader

Nill the Mean
05-04-2002, 10:41 AM
OoOOooooOh!

Well I hope you enjoy your freaking TOYS you bloody overgrown CHILDREN!!! Get a life! 268 dollars for that piece of ****? That is SOOOOO shallow... I can eat for a ****ing month from that money and you just want a glowing dildo to pleasure youself with. SAD!

OoooOOOOoooh, I have a lightsaber, how cool, wank, wank.

Come here and no amount of lightsabers or guns or whatever will save you from me, I'll grind your ugly faces across the pavement until even your dental records can't save your identity!

JediSith999
05-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Any more children with rude comments, just stop talking and spamming, other people would like to have a pleasent conversation without 12 year olds butting in.
Jedi Academy Leader

Darksider
05-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Ignore Nill the Mean. He/She/It is a troll and an idiot.

This has been a board service announcement.

Nill the Mean
05-04-2002, 11:30 AM
I'm a 12 year old? Well excuse me but I'm not buying a
TOY LIGHTSABER!!!

vvv LOL vvv

avenger_au
05-04-2002, 11:46 AM
I shouldn't reply to trolls, and this is completely off topic... but I'm genuinely worried...

We should all live in fear of Nill's face-pavement grinding techniques. He may even use this (http://www.csaw.com/facesaw.html). Are there support (http://www.pavement-online.org/) groups for people who have had their faces ground into the pavement?

(I can't believe there is actually a web-site for pavement?!)

BoyInAWhelchair
05-04-2002, 12:02 PM
This is just pathetic.

A Boy In A Wheelchair

Darksider
05-04-2002, 12:16 PM
actually katanas are unlikely to break, a mastercrafted katana has about an inch of hard-tempered metal along the edge of the blade with the rest of the surrounding metal being softer quenched steel, repeatedly folded and hammered to remove any impurities in the blade - The soft metal will not shatter, and the harder edge gives a far superior cutting surface, and being surrounded by softer metal as a buffer it will not shatter and incurs only minor wear.

<------ did a thesis on feudal japan :D

L'Equa Sinar
05-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Pavement grinding?? Sounds like fun!! :)

lol, how many times do we have to tell people!! this aint a katana forum! lol

jediSith, hope you enjoy your green defender, i a getting a defnder too, should be here next week, although the blade color remain to be seen! :D

TGW
05-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Greetings all!!
Up to today i have considered making my own lightsaber. I had never imagined anyone to produce them as i read in this forum.
Even though it is cheaper to make your own saber, I somehow feal that a glowing saber might be cooler.
This is a reply of gratitude to all the nice ppl in here that spend their time to educate us lesser beings ;)

JediSith999: Nice subject.

But it indeed saddens me to read that some ppl cannot accept other peoples hobbys like Star Wars (SHAME ON YOU).

At least now i know why i have to save some money the next couple of months :)
I consider buying a Lightech saber, but indeed the saber at:
Darthworkshop (http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk)
look nicer, but cost too much.

As a final comment: All of you guys who will go duelling with these awesome sabers (myself included hopefully:) might consider getting one of these just to spice things up:

Jedi Tunic how to make (http://lightsabresmith.homestead.com/jeditunic.html)

L'Equa Sinar
05-04-2002, 11:26 PM
TGW welcome aboard, nice to meet you :)

thanks for the tunic link, looks cool :D

Hope you get your Lightec soon mate :D

NerfYoda
05-05-2002, 06:43 AM
w00t!
I've actually been interested in learning how to make Jedi gear. Thanks for the link TGW!!

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 09:49 AM
Looks quite easy actually don't it :D

YAY! :D

TGW
05-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Easy might not be the word i would choose but then again i am not all that good with a needle :|
But still it is worth trying! :D

Desslock
05-05-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Nill the Mean
OoOOooooOh!

Well I hope you enjoy your freaking TOYS you bloody overgrown CHILDREN!!! Get a life! 268 dollars for that piece of ****? That is SOOOOO shallow... I can eat for a ****ing month from that money and you just want a glowing dildo to pleasure youself with. SAD!

Come here and no amount of lightsabers or guns or whatever will save you from me, I'll grind your ugly faces across the pavement until even your dental records can't save your identity!

Some of us make enough money to afford such decorations. Appearently your still getting an allowance from mommy.

I also find it awefully funny when people boast that they are somehow invincible from guns... Whatever.

I think you should take your Fast and the Furious Civic and stop trolling around.

TGW
05-05-2002, 12:12 PM
lucasforum.com???
who is this Lucas guy anyway. oh sorry i think some guys use the wrong portals when they search messageboards.
Just to clarify what this messageboard is about.
George Lucas is synonym with Star Wars.
All of you guys who like spamming this board, go home and grab your encyclopaedia and the one with "L" as you will need to look up his surname first then George, I think thats is where you failed when you did it last time. Now read what there is about him and you will read alot about Star Wars and so on. That is why we talk about Star Wars and sabers and all the cool things from the universe (as if you even know it). YES Geoge Lucas is actually the guy that made "Star Wars" (even though not alone) thats freakin fantastic.
I think that guys like Nill the Mean should look for some messageboards like premature-puberty-messageboards.com. Then when you grow up you can return to lucasforum and eventually we should have a saberfight
:)

But until then - May the force aid you in growing up and expand your wisdom!

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 12:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uh, yeah, what he said :)

TGW
05-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Nill the Mean
OoOOooooOh!

That is what he said !

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 03:00 PM
TGW, i meant what you said :)

Just agreeing with ya mate :)

Obi-Wan X
05-05-2002, 03:19 PM
To tell the truth, I saw a MUCH better series of sabers than lighttec (sp?). It included great looking hilts, and the blades were neon and the like. Indestructable, although thin shielding for a more realistic look. I forget the site though...it was such a long time ago. The price was roughly around 60 dollars, in which included the following. Lightsaber (such as parks sabers and the other kind), a small little fx box that clips to your belt and can be hidden rather easily. If you move your saber, it makes the noise, if it hits something, it makes a clashing noise. There was an on and off switch as well. Thinking upon it now, I wish I could find the site!!! Although the one thing that REALLY makes the saber look good...is the trails.
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/covers/1/55/811/877/1558118772.m.gifObi-Wan Kenobi: Don't defy the council, Master, not again.
Qui-Gon Jinn: I will do what I must, Obi-Wan. :saberb:

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-05-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm at work, and it sucks, la la la la la

There were sites which i saw like the ones above (Sabers with neon/argon, ranging from $60 - $125) although these saber blades were made of glass with a plastic covering, which would make them fairly weak for dueling i would have thought, although the effect of the saber going in/out was nice

I'm sure i posted this site somewhere in this thread before...

*Sith goes hunting through previous posts*

Hey, at least its more interesting than work :p

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-05-2002, 04:23 PM
Found it

http://www.amazing1.com

They have sabers with a pretty cool effect

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Obi, they sound pretty nice, if you ever come accross the site again, lemme know!! And i think i speak for everyone on here!!! :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Thx sith mate :)

didn't see your posts :)

TGW
05-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Well the fx are cool indeed. But take a look at the hilt. It looks like, well a plastic tube :(
And they ain't as durable so that you can fight with them. Anyway it is indeed nice effects and i guess i'll just have to wait till some odd professor developes a consentrated array of light before i get a blade that has cool effects. :D

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 07:56 PM
There are 2 kinds really aren't there..

Lightec, Parks..The ones that look really good, light up all at once, and are duelable...

The restof them are the Neon ones, that although light up like a real Saber are not as duable and from what i have seen the handles look a bit crappy... you want my opinion..get one of each, if you can afford a lighec or parks for $200 + then you can afford a neon one for $79.00 or $129.99 :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Grrrrr, i'm still at work, i had 4pm - Midnight shifts

:evil6:

Hopefully i'll be on for some duels on the WP FFA #3 when i get in after midnight because at the moment i'm really REALLY bored :bored:
And i'm still waiting on my rogue saber to arrive...

Ah well, shouldn't be TOO long ( I hope :p )

:duel:

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 09:31 PM
lol, dude, i thought you still hd 6 weeks to wait?? Wanna play in WP FFA2 tonight instead, force is on in there now! YAY! :)

overflow
05-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi you all!

I really want to buy a saber at Lighttech but I live in Europe.
So I cant call them.......how can I order one????????????

I have e-mailed them twice but didn't get an answer.
Has anyone of you ordered a saber from lighttech, who doesn't live in the US???

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 11:02 PM
I ordered mine & i live in england, you can call them, just call

0014102823976 from any phone outside the U.S and you will get through :)

btw, to guys who i talk to on here a lot, i just won a DigiCam on an auction, so i will be able to get some shots of my lightec when it arrives :)

PS: Anyone in England just watch Empire records on BBC1?? Wtf was it all about??? lol

Genocide52
05-05-2002, 11:12 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this (i don't have time to read the whole forum right now) but the thing I noticed that made me like Park's Sabers better was the switch they employed. The Lightech sabers employ a very mundane metal switch much like a toggle switch on a piece of factory equipment while Park's Sabers have a more Star Wars type switch. I wish I could even think about getting one, but college is more important right now and I don't exactly have $300 just sitting around. Have fun with them those that can afford them.

UseDaAgression
05-05-2002, 11:34 PM
I cant really see a diff in switches, the silver thing aint the ignite button if thats wat you think

L'Equa Sinar
05-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Correct me if i am wrong, but i was pretty sure that Park's had the same switches as lightec, the large square part on the top of Parksabers are the LED's which just flash etc.. when the saber is on.. I am sure i recalled them having the same switches, if not, then my apologies to you.

I'll be sure to take lots of closeups of the Lightec Viper Defeneder when i get it though :)

Speaking of which, JediSith, have you ordered yours now? When are you expecting to get it? :)

Sinar :)

Smood
05-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Sinar, I really want to know about the flexibility of the polycarbonite tube. In the video I noticed the duelers.. well not actually dueling very much. (I'am referring to lightech). When they did duel, the sabers were slightly floopy, not rigid.

I understand someone said this was simply an illusion due to the moving of their hands as there was a twisting of their wrists (i.e. floppy pencil trick) but I'am not sure if it's that.

So please mention this once your saber arrives. Thanks! :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-06-2002, 12:50 AM
Whoops

*Sith slaps sinar with an unignited lightsaber*

If you had came into the channel and told me to go to FFA #2, i would have noticed, but i've been in FFA #3 all night

lol

ahh well

and btw, yeah, mine said 6-8 weeks, but someone on here said that thats just a longer time than is needed in case anything goes wrong - i hope they're right :D

Sinbot 5000
05-06-2002, 04:44 AM
I haven't gone to the sites yet, but is there A company that makes a saber that just pops out(Besides the hasbro)... Not some screw in blade? I would rather have a full-repleca will sounds, lights, and pop-up effect, that look nice than one i could duel with. If i wanted to duel id just take a plactic pipe and duck tape it. real jedi build there own sabers hehe

grandmasterlee
05-06-2002, 06:21 AM
I have to agree the whole "dueling with sabers" thing would get old in 1 day. I'd much rather have a sweet looking pop-up saber with sounds than a piece of plexiglass that glows in the dark and won't break.

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-06-2002, 07:01 AM
Well, if you're looking for a saber which has sounds, and soforth, there are the sabers at www.masterreplicas.com

Anakins saber (And Darth Vaders, when its released later in the year all have sounds, light up, etc, but they still have a permanantly affixed blade

Still look pretty sweet, there is a video with a guy showing off the sounds on the site :D

:dsaber: :dsaber: dsaber: :dsaber: dsaber: dsaber:

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by D'akt Sangwar
i was thinking of just buying a hilt from here (http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk/SW_NEL_DM.htm)
and then fitting it with a blade fromhere (http://creativeforceinc.homestead.com/blades.html) , but im nt sure if it wud fit, u can tighten the space on the hilt so im pretty sure it wud
who thinks this is a good idea?, cos i dont wanna pay exxxxxxxxtttttra for an el blade

i am still thinking of doing this, what does anyone think?
shud i?

NerfYoda
05-06-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Sinbot 5000
I haven't gone to the sites yet, but is there A company that makes a saber that just pops out(Besides the hasbro)... Not some screw in blade? I would rather have a full-repleca will sounds, lights, and pop-up effect, that look nice than one i could duel with. If i wanted to duel id just take a plactic pipe and duck tape it. real jedi build there own sabers hehe

Wildly off topic: That reminds me of when I was camping out for Ep1 tickets. There were of course the small army of hardcore fans running about in costume w/ "My other car is a heavily modified Corellian YT-1300 light frieghter!" shoepolished on their cars. I paid no mind to most of that. I sat in line & talked to the folks around me.. and got REALLY DRUNK. After a bit I noticed ppl in costume re-enacting ls duels from the movie w/ the Hasbro swords. Feeling frisky I decided to head to my car & get out an old yardstick from class & wave it around & bat at them yelling on about how real Jedi's build thier own & "I dont need no Force to kick your ass, son. I GOT A THREE FOOT LONG YARDSTICK!!" Boy o boy what a night. Got my EpII tickets online.. no waiting outside fun this time.. :P

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-06-2002, 09:39 AM
D'akt Sangwar

If you're buying a blade from there, wouldn't you have to buy one of THEIR hilts to attach it to?

Those blades look a bit thicker than the EL blades if you ask me :D

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 09:46 AM
:(
hmm good point
i wonder how i can check

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 11:19 AM
E-mailboth companies to get thier ideas? You could maybe get the "kit" from lightec which includes the blade all all that is needed to operate it, but you put it into your own hilt...maybe that would be an option?

DarkSith, i was in FFA #2 all day yesterday, didn't go on at night, was downloading some lightsaber movies, ie: Good uses, bad uses, malfunctions and i caught a classic rip off of the Duality moves called "two-ness" you sen it?

Did anyone see Empire records last night??!? lol, again wtf was it aboot?? :D

I'm gonna give lightec a call later today, make sure my saber has been dispatched :D

Smood no need to worry, the blades are encase in polycarbonite, which is, well...bloody tough! :D It won't bend at all, it merely is an illusion...albeit a damn good one :D

Whats next, oh yeah! a neon saber!!!! Wooohoooo! :)

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 11:24 AM
i think i might just wait for the exar kun replica saber to be released at that site and buy that with 2 blue blades and feel cool

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 11:55 AM
They already have a cool Dual-Saber :) Well, LightStaff :D lol I guess that does look a lot like Maul's, Exar Kun's however i have not seen i'm afraid....

I love the look of the Lighte powerage, pity its more expensive thn the defendr! :(

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 12:15 PM
the replica of exar kuns beautiful 1 handed love saber can be seen here (http://creativeforceinc.homestead.com/doubledeath.html)

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 02:06 PM
1 handled love saber?? lol :o)

Not too keen on the look of it mysel, those spikes look wierd.. :/

But Lightec wil do it one day! :D

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 02:15 PM
i think its great, but i dont think that site has been updated for a looooong time

Genocide52
05-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by UseDaAgression
I cant really see a diff in switches, the silver thing aint the ignite button if thats wat you think

Park's site has this listed in the high tech section:

Switch: Force Touch™ activation switch mounted to circuit board

From the pictures I've seen I don't see and of the metal toggle switches on Park's. It might be the picturs but eveyone of the Lightech sabers has one. It's not really a big deal, I just wanted to point it out for those who would care and are looking to buy one still.

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Ah, cool, thanks for the info :)

I got my saber ordered now so it is too late for me, son :)

But i don't mind what kind of switch it is! These sabers are going to rock!!!! :)

:trooper:Hey, you there, dam fine sabers! :)

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 06:41 PM
i cant wait to see pics of ure saber

ps: good tourney fun wasnt it?

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Ah, i take it u r in [KOS] good game mate :)

i spoke to lightec just, they said they sent me a green blade on my defender :) wooo! Should recieve it by friday :)

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Any word on your saber yet Sinar?

Get some pics up, we wanna see it :D

NerfYoda
05-10-2002, 10:53 PM
JediSith999 has some pics of his here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52190). :)

D'akt Sangwar
05-11-2002, 12:38 AM
sinars saber is in uk
yaaaaaay
he shud be getting it today :D (its quarter to 4 in morning lol)
then he can show me piiiiics......erm i mean us
he can show us pics :)

pud1
05-11-2002, 02:24 AM
I personally like the parksabers ones best. They just look more crafted and real.
www.parksabers.com (http://www.parksabers.com)
If i had money to waste I'd prolly buy the arc-wave and the defiance, they look the best imo!

i made a lil siggy to demonstrate how they look if they had movie- effect blades.

sorry my photoshop skillz arent too good
:D

http://karnij.homestead.com/files/saberwish.jpg

ArmchairAthlete
05-11-2002, 02:57 AM
LOL buying some of those fake "sabers" to duel? Gotta be kidding me.

If you bought one, you're either under 12 or need some psychiatric help.

NerfYoda
05-11-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ArmchairAthlete
LOL buying some of those fake "sabers" to duel? Gotta be kidding me.

If you bought one, you're either under 12 or need some psychiatric help.

Or a big Star Wars fan w/ money to burn. :)

Demangel
05-11-2002, 04:25 AM
To me it not a question of which is cooler... to be honest I don't want a bunch of star wars fans running around with live steel swords...

I personaly own a collection of real swords to put probably all you to shame, and I know how to use them ALL effectively...

No I am not a grand master, but I am not some newb to the art of weapons fighting either, not by a long shot...

As for the persons thesis on Katanas ETC... you overlook a few key things...

Depending on the era the katana was crafted in the very tip (first few inches) of a kartana was heat treated and cooled sepperately from the rest of the edge, causing a hairline difference in stress limits... this caused the tip of MANY katanas of even the highest quality to break off... MANY MANY Tanto knives ARE in fact simply these broken sword tips turned into knives...

Secondly A katana at least the orriginal kind WAS extremely powerful, no doubt about it... however it's greatest strength was head on... IE hitting edge on would be unlikely to break the blade... However, the katana CANNOT, I REAPEAT CANNOT bend side to side more than a few degrees before it snaps like a twig!

It is STILL quite flexible side to side, but not indestructable... If you want to break a Katana in combat you find a way to hit the side of the blade with the spine of yours (or the edge, but the spine is preferable in MOST but not all cases.)

Katanas where perfected for cutting and some thrusting (the lunge techniqe for example is virtualy nonexistant the way it is in europe, to be honest this is a tiny bit of mystery as to why since the lunge is certainly one of the most effective moves in sword combat). As a cutting weapon the katana is near perfect... you can cut things you never thought imaginable with proper cutting technique... even with a dinky 420 stainless steel blade (yes you heard me DINKY), you can slice through a tree limb from anywhere between 2, to 4 inches thick with proper technique... With a quality Katana? Fuggedaboudit... i have heard rumors of a guy who puts on demonstrations cutting into the engine block of a 57 chevy with a katana... it doesn't cleave it in two but it DOES poenetrate... however it ALSO tends to ruin the blade...

the katanas edge is extremely sharp... However in order to use it properly the edge must be drawn across the target in a cutting motion with the last 12 inches of the blade or so... so you can for example actually tap your fingers on the blade with some minor force and not get even the hint of a cut, however IF you rest your finger on the blade, and draw it along the edge about one inch you will get a nasty cut, possibly requiring stitches... now imagine if you put real presure behind your finger and dragged it along... bye bye finger!

As for european blades, they are a similar but different story all together...

Katanas and MANY other japanese bladed weapons used a similar technique in the forging process... From naginata to the No daichi (the japanese equivalent to the claymore)... the spear being a possible exception (never studied spear making very much at least not from the metalurgy standpoint).

In europe, although some elements of folding two metals together ARE used (damascus steel for example is very similar to the japanese method, but at the same time very different). More commonly european swords are alloys of one blend or another.

European swords are Generaly softer, have less of a lasting/sharp edge, but are however usualy much more flexible. (having a lower carbon content, and OR the carbon hasn't bean heat treated and folded lining up the platlets of carbon in the steel the way katanas are thought to be made).

Most european swords use either a hacking stabbing or hacking method VS the Katanas slicing and cutting methods... Both forms are well suited for thier tasks... In reality Samuria didn't actualy use thier Katana's very much on the battlefield, they where more of adueling weapon... the closest thing to a katana that was commonly used and not just worn as a back up, was either a no daichi, OR a taichi sword (VERY similar to a katana, but shaped differently, having a more defined curve, meant for use on horseback, and is slung differently from a katana across the hip, with the edge facing down rather than up).

the european swords had to go through heavier and thicker armor on the average... peircing is the BEST way to defeat most kinds of armor... this is why many medieval claymore actually had "Teeth" on the blade, or a "Kriss" shape to it... these made penetrating aror on a hack/swing much easier... a straight edge European blade simply didnt have the cutting power to be truly effective VS heavy armor, thus they eneded up not needing to be as sharp... Acting more like a spear and a club combined with an edge... IE you might club your enemy with your broadsword in full plate, occasionaly penetrating the armor doing minor damage, but for the kill you need to peirce the armor with a thrust...

I know this post is long, but please understand I have barely scratched the surface of the differences/strengths/drawbacks of the different weapon types, and I haven't even touched ranged warfair such as bows and arrows... (did you know the japanese long bow was between 9-12 feet in length!? and some could be used to sink the smaller japanese ships with the right arrowheads!?).

Now back to the subject of this thread... If people including myself want to buy replica sabers over a steel, possibly fully edged weapon, to me debating over which is better is silly... it's a matter of taste and interest in the sport... to me telling me you have a quality 420C stainless steel full tang sword and that is it the best, sounds to me like I did when I was 13, yes 13... which was over 12 years ago... I'm not saying this to be insulting... but if you want a quality authentic EDGED sword, from ANY period or culture, be prepared to spend upwards of $1,000 at the bare minimum...

to say your 420C is virtual unbreakable is silly... you know how many of those I have broken? Enough to put you in the poor house... My custom Katana cut right through one of them in a single pass... this is not said to sound UBEr or cool, just to give you an idea of the difference... 420C is surgical stainless... It is comparatively SOFT and buttery when compared to a high carbon content properly heat treated and possibly folded battle sword...

Heres a simply way to test the quality of a blade... it's by no means the end all beat all way... but take a key, and hold the sword by the very end of the hilt so it's hanging loosly in your fingertips... Tap your key against the blade, if it goes clunk, it's a POS rip off... if it rings more or less like a bell or tuning fork viola chances are you got a good blade... or at least one with potential.

Anyway sorry if this post was hella long, but I hope we all learned something fun and interesting on the subject of weaponry...

And as for making idle threats to grind my face in for wanting a saber... you have a invitation to bring it on... I'll face you with a weapon or hand to hand, rocks and sticks or pixie sticks... and unless your george gracey or something... your gonna be crying for mommy within the first 2 seconds of putting up your guard... I promise you that...

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 07:31 AM
DarkSith should hopefully have my saber in about an hour! If it comes today that is.... :)

Hopefully it should do then i can whackup some nice pics :D

D'akt Sangwar
05-11-2002, 07:34 AM
oooooh ooooooooooohhhhhhhh

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 10:08 AM
That the wierdest ^BUMP^ i have ever seen! :)

Perniciosus
05-11-2002, 12:12 PM
*bump*

Ok, I know there's another saber thread floating around, but I already ranted in it quite heavily. Hence, my recommendations.

First, if you're considering buying a "saber", ask yourself why you want it and what you plan on doing with it. If you immediately want to "duel" with it, I can save you a lot of money by recommending the Hasbro toys that are available in the stores (Ep. 2 only), or by going to EBay and buying one of the previous Hasbro made toys. 20 bucks is far less than 200 bucks and if you break the Hasbro (though I haven't seen one of the Hasbro ones break) you can easily buy a new one without breaking the bank.

However, if you want one that can be used to round out a costume we're on a different level. If this is the case, you have to ask yourself another question - Do you really want a blade or do you just want a hilt? Here are my recommendations for both:

Sites that sell with lighted blades, in order of preference:

1. parksabers.com - Hand made, very sturdy, and classic trilogy look. They range from $210 to $285 and include all shipping and Mr. Parks stands behind his product with a satisfaction guarantee and a warranty. The only downside is that the 'blades' have capped tips on them, but they're not hard to take off.

2. lightechindustries.com - I'm not exactly sure how these are made except I know they have interchangeable parts. They do not look very professional and cost considerably more ($225 for the cheapest removeable blade one; 325-375 for the rest of them) than Parks Sabers. For costuming, they'd work in a pinch, but I don't think they look that great. If you put a lot of time into making a costume, you want the accessories to look as good as the costume itself, and I'm afraid lightech just isn't it. Look at the pictures on their site yourself - they appear very big and bulky and they appear to be constructed from run of the mill hardware store parts that are poorly altered.

Both lightech and parksabers have detachable blades, EXCEPT for the "T3 Trainer" at lightech.

I do not mention the 'lighted' ones from Master Replicas as they do not have removeable blades, so they wouldn't be good for costuming at all unless you plan on constantly holding your "saber".
---
Ok, that's great and all, but you really don't need a blade, just a good looking hilt for your costume.

Again, in order of preference:
1. Master Replicas. Luke, Yoda and Obi-Wan (Episode 1) all available now. Both Luke's and Obi-Wan's will set you back 299.99, Yoda's will set you back 249.99. Coming soon: Count Dooku, also 299.99.

2. Parks Sabers, Defiance Hilt. Unfortunately, this is the only one you can get without the blade. On the plus side, it only sets you back 80 bucks.

3. Creative Force. (http://creativeforceinc.homestead.com/Home.html) - If you just want a hilt and want the episode 1 simplistic look, Creative Force is for you. They're modestly priced (59.99 - 139.95) for being hand crafted and the husband and wife team that make up the company are very nice. They keep them in stock, for the most part, so when you call and order, you'll usually have it within a week or so.

4. Big Yellow Box - bigyellowbox.tripod.com. This one costs you more than materials - it costs you time and effort. Big Yellow Box has several styles on the site and the complete instructions on how to make any one of them out of parts you can pick up around hardware stores. If made properly, they can look very well done and can have all sorts of nifty electronics attached. This method is for the handyman who likes ubercustomization but doesn't want to spend a lot of cash. A friend of mine has built two so far and, when everything was tallied up, its cost him 30 bucks.

5. Lightech. They want 250 bucks for just the "Lightech SABER (hilt w/no blade)"? Maybe if they looked as good as Master Replicas, it would be worth it. But they're not even close.

If you're a collector and have a TON of cash to blow, there's also lightsaberreplicas.com. From a purely collector's point of view, I'd buy from Master Replicas and Parks Sabers.

Ok, I have imparted my knowledge and opinion so if you're considering buying one, I hope my lines helped. Above all, if you just want something to "duel" with, I implore you to stick with the Hasbro toys. These crafted "sabers" may be able to handle dueling, but they are far too expensive to be used for dueling (As if I'm one to be giving that advice, considering there were many nights where I was drunk and my friends and I would sword fight with the 1200.00 Klingon Bat'leth one of my friends bought... it's a wonder none of us had to go to the hospital).

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 03:11 PM
I think your being a bit harsh on lightec dude, maybe if you had one and it didn't look good in person, then slag it to hell, ok. But when i get mine i will give an honest opinion based on physical evidence. I think the pics can eithe rmake or break things, but only in physical form can you truly judge it. :)

UsEr-X-
05-11-2002, 03:17 PM
LOL

Lime-Light
05-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Why buy one when you can make it? Im making a hilt right now, and so far its cost me all of 10 bucks, and it looks, although not as good as the park or light, pretty good.

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 03:37 PM
I knwo what you mean, i am gonna try and make one, but i doubt it ill be very good!!! lol

Perniciosus
05-11-2002, 03:49 PM
I think your being a bit harsh on lightec dude, maybe if you had one and it didn't look good in person, then slag it to hell, ok. But when i get mine i will give an honest opinion based on physical evidence. I think the pics can eithe rmake or break things, but only in physical form can you truly judge it. :)

First, and foremost, I'll say: You're right, I don't own one, but that's not to say I've never seen or handled one.

One of the advantages of being a hardcore geek is going to conventions and mingling with other hardcore geeks. I've seen the Viper Defender, the PowerAGE and the T-900 up close and in person; likewise, I've seen some really good homemade creations that blow Parks and Lightech out of the water.

I slag Lightech because their products looked and felt poorly created and the people who had them were constantly trying to buy (or trade) my Echelon off of me. When I told them that they could have gotten that one for less if they had known about Parks Sabers, many of them got quite disappointed. That speaks volumes to me right there.

The reason I posted links to pictures in the other topic is because that's all that can be referenced here. Even if I had one, all I could do is post a picture of it.

Just because I don't own one doesn't mean I haven't seen one. Simply put: Parks is a better value than Lightech (this simply can't be disputed since Lightech is substancially higher), Parks look better than Lightech (my opinion here, could be disputed by anyone, but after having people try to trade me two lightechs for my one piddly Echelon I feel there's some validity behind my opinion), and Parks simply are more durable than Lightech's SnapTite lightsabers (again my opinion, but formed after watching the person trying to trade me their PowerAGE for my Echleon attempt to clip the PowerAGE to their belt only to have the emitter fall off - hilarity ensued).

But it's your call. I posted my opinions and the reasoning behind them. If you want to buy a Lightech, that's no one's business but your own and I wish you much happiness with it.

[HoT]Dark-Sith
05-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Every time i hear someone with (what sounds like to me) a valid opinion on this subject with the Parks vs Lightech, Parks sounds more and more the better of the two

As i have already ordered from www.buystarwarsstuff.com (Which someone already said were affiliated with Parks) i am becoming happier by the minute, as i was going to order from Lightech (and would have done) if they had replied to my e-mail which i had sent them asking them about their sabers (The fact that BSWS (or Parks) actually replied to their e-mail was the reason i went with them in the first place)

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 04:20 PM
Ah, ok, fair enough, i totally respect your opinion and i do partially agree with it, Lightec are more expensive, but i guess some of the parks ones don't look as good to me as the lightec, all a matter of preference i guess....

I think i will get a parks one day, i should get my lightec on monday now, and i am sure it will be an excellent saber, I also saw some cool plasma ones, the hilt isn't as good as lightec or parks, but the blade does look very nice and they are no way near as expensive, so maybe i would get on of those too, i guess i hope to one day have them all, all of them are very good i am sure and no one will be dissapointed :)

lets just hope everyone gets a good saber and enjoys many hours with it :D

UsEr-X-
05-11-2002, 04:23 PM
I don't like fake expensive over rated sabers

TGW
05-11-2002, 04:52 PM
ok

Nill the Mean
05-11-2002, 04:59 PM
Who gives a flying sod about lightsabers when there is www.swordsonline.com
I browsed into this site today and I must say I have never been this amazed at the sheer choice and the beauty of some of the items on display...
Lightsabers really are toys in comparison to the stuff on offer here! And most of it is cheaper too... Also have a look at
www.unitedcutlery.com/rae.html
Kit Rae has been my favorite weapon desinger for the last three years. His work is truly amazing! I never thought of looking on the internet for his stuff untill today... I ususally saw his stuff in stores or in catalogues.
Very un Star Wars, I admit, but anyone who was interested in the "real sabers" should definately have a look!

TGW
05-11-2002, 06:03 PM
I don't believe you would buy a lightsaber if you weren't interested in Star Wars. Indeed i am amazed by sabers made out of steel but it's just not the same. If I had the opportunity i would by both a lightsaber and a steel saber, but i am not a fan of steel sabers i am a SW fan and this is why i would rather have a Lightsaber then a steel saber. And i believe this goes for many of those who buy lightsabers.

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 06:52 PM
TGW, i totally agree :)

Have you ordered a saber? if so, which and form where? :D

UsEr-X-
05-11-2002, 06:55 PM
I could make so may jokes about this topic right now its like ****s n giggles

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 07:51 PM
yeah, you could, but no one would appreciate it User.

TGW
05-11-2002, 07:55 PM
L'Equa Sinar: I am about this close buying a T-900 from lightech.com, i think that lightechs hilts in some way look more professional and well like sabers. But i don't really know right now. Anyway i will have to gather some money first of all.
But i wonder what are the hilts made of. I sent them a mail, but haven't got any answer. I would like to know, before i buy.

UsEr-X-
05-11-2002, 08:06 PM
That is why im not sinar. Are you being SMART with me?

JediSith999
05-11-2002, 08:09 PM
The lightech sabers seem to be made of metal or strong titanium, or aluminum, they are all made of the same thing. Mine is very durable, and seems to be like some type of metal, dont know the exact thing.

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by UsEr-X-
That is why im not sinar. Are you being SMART with me?

I'm not being smart, i'm just trying to clear up your trash posts that merely consist of

"getting a saber is stupid i wouldnt get one"

"Why do you want a toy like that?"

----

jediSith, i am glad the lightec defender seems quite strong :) How long does the battery last on it? And does it use 1 9V battery or two?

TGW: I like the look of the T-900 but i really really liek the look of the powerage, specially with the Custom HERO Emitter man, that looks sweet :)

Just can't wait till i can buy the Double Extreme, i think thats what its called...The Lightstaff!! :D

TGW
05-11-2002, 08:38 PM
I believe all of the lightech designs are nice, maybe except t3 but thats only a training saber anyway.
But what is the costumary blade that you buy with your hilt. Is it an EL blade?? or do you have to specify that when you order?

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 08:56 PM
I actually think the T-3 looks quite good, like the jousting swords of old :)

The blade you get is an EL Blade and when you buy the saber you choose from

Blue
Green
Red
Orange
Yellow
Purple

And i believe one more colour, but i am not 100% sure!!

I am sure the T-3 only comes in Blue, Green & red..

JediSith: Are the lightec blades rounded at the end or flat?

Thanks in advance!

D'akt Sangwar
05-11-2002, 11:12 PM
GO FURY GO FURY
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bump

L'Equa Sinar
05-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Talk about shamless promotion!!

GO VIPER DEFENDER GOOO!!!

oh, btw ^BuMp^ :)

JediSith999
05-11-2002, 11:36 PM
A flat one.

L'Equa Sinar
05-12-2002, 01:29 AM
Ah, ok then but does it still look damn cool? :)

HertogJan
05-12-2002, 07:35 AM
I am sure the T-3 only comes in Blue, Green & red..

Eh.... The T3 is only normal steel I thought??!! :confused: :confused:

I think you just get an ugly hilt with a round, chrome stick in it...

HertogJan
05-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Ah no, I just looked at lightech's page and it's a real one!
An all metal anodized and polished Saber!
21" Polycarbonate Fixed EL Blade!

Sturdy POWER-GRIP!

Polished Custom Emitter!

Extended use electronics!

Available in Blue, Green and RED!

AAAAH Cool! But I think saving some more money for a defender is better :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-12-2002, 10:49 AM
I think a Viper Defender or any othe sabers in thier range would be worth saving up for, then maybe just grab a T-3 for dueling with the defender ;)

BlackDove
05-12-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna get Rogue now. After that, I'm setting my bar higher, and I'm gonna buy one for about 350£. It'll be one of those from the movie, and I think it'll be either Qui-Gon's or Obi-Wan's Ep1 lightsabre :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Sounds cool, although i am not that keen on the rogue...

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

HertogJan
05-12-2002, 12:34 PM
It is the cheapest though, but for $20 more you have the defiance and that one looks like the darth vader saber. You could make a PVC cap on it, so that it would be a cool replica :)

The Echelon is cool, but only available in Teal... I think the defender is the coolest, together with the Defiance. The Defiance is $5 cheaper for me (international shipping), but The defender is larger.

BTW, what color do you like best? I'd say I like green as the best overall color, since it's the brightest, but after that...
I also like the Orange Park-saber color, but I hate the red from Park (its pink) and the Red from Lightech too, it's not bright enough!

Demangel
05-12-2002, 01:57 PM
For me it was a style choice of either blue (teal whatever), green or red. Once I found out green was the brightest I said screw it, that means it will look the most authentic when lit, and less like colored plastic like the red ones seem to look in the video.

So in the end I am VERY happy with the color choice... Now I have a funny question:

Does anyone here think either EL technology or some similar form of lighting will progress to the point where the sabers can look ALMOST real!? Sure EL is a HUGE step up from a colapsable colored plastic tube (don't get me wrong I LOVED those toy sabers as a kid heheh). But I wonder when and if they might make a blade that looks more like the saber might? No I'm not talking about a "FUNCTIONAL LIGHT SABER" but rather some form of EL/neon lighting of some kind that is truly luminescant like a saber should be. It would probably require better battery technology than we have today of course... but think of how cool it would be heheh.

Oh yeah just a tip for those buying any saber with EL blades in them...

I was told that EL blades need a minimum of 9 volts to be bright enough to look decent... why am I saying this?

Well because rechargeable batteries normaly only give out about 8.5 volts of power, and this I am told is a noticable change in brightness of your saber...

So unless you can find REALLY good rechargeable batteries somewhere, be ready to shell out money for each 9volt, since each nine volt only lasts about 45 minutes to an hour of constant "on" light. The newer Lightech sabers are able to use 1 OR 2 9v batteries making them able to last theoretically twice as long (though I think the T3 lasts 20 hours on two power cells due to the shorter blade length)

I plan on buying two or three packs of 9v's for my first week with the saber cuz I know I will probably be sitting around in my underware playing with the thing watching TV on the couch, just admiring it heheh, as well as running around my house like an escapee from the nut house scaring old people and small pets...

L'Equa Sinar
05-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Demangel, lololol :)

hertog, i agree that the parks noes looks good, but the lightech ones seem to say more about themselves with thier look, welll, in my opinion anyways...

And i admit, the deender is about 12 inches (a foot) long and i think that is really cool, it might end up being heavy, i'm not sure...........yet ;)

i would have preferred a red one if i could have said from the movies that they looked better, but i guess they did look a little plasticcy on the video, but i have seen some plsma sabers that look damn good and can be found at:

http://www.amazing1.com/star_wars_light_saber.htm I might get one of these in the future, but the Hilt looks a bit horrible!!! lol

I think everyone will be happy with thier choices, and although Lightech & parks are basically battery murderers i'm sure we will get some use out of them :D

TGW
05-12-2002, 04:35 PM
L'Equa Sinar: I don't believe they will be heavy.
All the producers who actually tell what their hilts are made of says it is made out of aluminium and i don't believe that lightech make them out of steel. It would be obvius to use aluminium as well.
And i guess the core of the sword will be filled with circuits of some kind rather than raw metal.

So they should feel just nice and nicely balancing in ones hand :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Ah, good point, i could do with a nice balanced saber, as i think i just had too much wine with dinner and my head is far from balanced!!! lol :)

Gotta get up at 9am tomorrow to make sure i am there on time and awake to get my saber!!! :)

NerfYoda
05-16-2002, 07:31 AM
Eek! Thats right the return of the Real Sabers thread. :) I got to see a bunch of the EL blades carried around by fanboys at the Ep2 showing. They look mighty fine. The majority of them looked like Park sabers, but Lighttech's T-900 has really caught my eye. Ahh hell I got a paycheck coming tomorrow & I was prolly gonna waste it on something just as pointless... :)

L'Equa Sinar
05-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Well, i am pleased to say that since my last post i have acquired my Lightech Defender, and it really cool, feels well balanced but also does, i admit feela little hevy to swing, maybe cause its th first weapon i have bought!!! lol

How many did u see at the EPII showing then mate? :)

NerfYoda
05-16-2002, 08:41 AM
I saw 3 or 4.. They were all the blue blade though, which I found a little bit odd. They were sparring with em though & seemed rather sturdy. I figure I'll get the blue or green blade. Which color did you get?

Demangel
05-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Most of us are getting green, at least on this thread heheh.

Myself I ordered agreen. Sad thing was I ordered mine on this past friday... then I sensed a disturbance in the force on the day it was supposed to get here "At the earliest" and decided to phone lightech to make sure my aroder went through (I used a credit card besides my usual one because my usual one has a HIGH ass interest rate, and has about 6 g's on it, which should be paid off very soon, but I decided to use my clean o interest card in the mean time). anyway I am glad I called beacause when I called them the first time, there was a problem with the connection and they got my Credit card number wrong by one number, as well as my phone number (It was kinda funny trying to order a credit card with people who are using a cell phone going into a big building LOL), so I told them the right number, and the nice lady said she'd put it through for me ASAP. So in theory I should mine either today or friday (which for me means saturday since I work all day and night this coming friday and will have to go pick it up from the fed ex place... stupid part time job, can't wait till my business sells it's first damn game engine :()

Anyway for anyone interested I put up a page about my theories as to why the light saber if it was real must have a weighted blade... if your interested go check it out at: http://www.demangel.com/sabermass.html

Lastly to my good ole storm trooper buddy from the UK (you know who you are).

I have a feeling it simply feels heavy since it's your first. I rememeber that even my first Katana seemed heavy as all hell the first time I held it. not heavy like I am weak, but just plain HEAVY. Now to me although I love Katana's when I hold one that is a show peice, I can't help but hold it with two fingers and laugh at how puny they can feel sometimes LOL. though I must admit, lately I have been using more or less heavy two handed european swords as of late to round out my sword arm/s. The one I am talking about is about 14 LBS! the katana is about 5 LBS! If you held a 14 LBS ANYTHING weapon wise, then switch back to 5 lbs you will feal like you will break it if you swing it wrong LOL (think "Noisy cricket" from MIB LOL).

-Demangel

hug-da
05-16-2002, 10:11 AM
I think everyone should buy which saber they (Parks or Lightech)like and be happy. I own both (Viper Defender @ Rogue) and like them both. Parks are great but you have to wait at least 4 weeks to get it while Lightect can get it to you in a week. Anyone trying to email Mike at Lightech will be better off calling due to the huge amount of sabers he is sending out.

L'Equa Sinar
05-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Demangel:

Yeah, i am sure it feels heavy cause its my 1st and i am scared to death of hitting it on something even though i know it can take more punishment that i can!!!!!! :)

Nerfyoda:

I got a green lightech viper defender, i asked them to give em a blade color fo thier choice and they said they chose green cause it was the brightest :)

Hug-Da:

Good advice, Mike hardly ever replies to e-mails cause i called them lst monday and they said they would have replied but they had 32 orders over the weekend!!

Yeah, Mike for lightech on his cell/mobile phone is a disaster!! first tiem i calle dhe was on it and he got evry detail aboutme wrong by at least 5 letters or numbers!!! lol :)

JediSith999
05-16-2002, 07:03 PM
so, whos got theirs? just takin a poll lol........

L'Equa Sinar
05-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Me! :)

NerfYoda
05-16-2002, 07:48 PM
*looks at his bank account*
Holy damn I think I should wait for another paycheck. :)
*reminds himself to stop wasting his money on computer parts and booze*

AAFFEE
05-16-2002, 10:02 PM
My viper defender arrived today I got it with a red blade. The viper defender switch will not break on you, in fact I think its his best switch compared to the other togel switches I've seen on his other hilts. The hilt itself is well made the saber glow is just fine and the blade is secured in by a hand screw. The blade DOES bend when you swing it around. I haven't dueled with it yet but plan to later on. What I've seen of the park sabers and the light tech sabers they both seem to use the same EL blades. A bit to my surprise the color of the blades is produced by a clear colored plastic wrap on the inside of the blade. Aside from that all is well with it and the guys over at Light Tech a very nice, even gave me free over night shipping.

shipz
05-17-2002, 02:16 AM
That's a pretty cool website, I've always wanted to learn about lightsabers other than they just 'light' up and cut ****! :)

Thanks! :p :p :p

Know anymore websites that have detailed information and facts about Sabers? :D :D :D

ligoncete
05-17-2002, 06:33 AM
I think this guy works for the saber company, the way hes promoting them. HAHA:rolleyes:

D'akt Sangwar
05-17-2002, 07:11 AM
i heard the lightech ones absolutley reek of smoke