PDA

View Full Version : Playing for fun vs. perfection . . .

NewBJedi
04-27-2002, 07:26 PM
I've learned not to focus on being the best scoring person in JK2.

When I played QW (DM, Rune, TF, Matador, etc), and Q3 CTF/DM I'd often score at the very top or second at the end of each match.

Eventually it simply gets boring to be better than most people.

Now with JK2 I just play mostly for fun - sure learn the moves and skills, but I take it much more slowly and have fun with tricks and things.

Anyone else doing this with games as well?

Just curious ...

Sokaran
04-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Im like that, Like in CS (counter strike) I like useing different weapons, sometimes I'll run around useing pistols when everyone else is useing rifles. I also like useing the Uzi in that game hehe.

Just my 2 cents.

Kissamies
04-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Heh, if you care about style, I'd suggest that you play Action Half-Life or Opera instead of CS. Im all for style, especially in duels. Not to say that frags (or more precisely: winning) are completely meaningless when you go fore the style. Its hard to look cool if you are dying all the time, after all.

Completely owning everyone gets old fast. Having a long and stylish swordfight with all sorts of cool stunts and moves doesn't.

Sokaran
04-27-2002, 09:34 PM
True, I like Style in CS tho too. If you dont believe theri is style in CS I can show ya. Even tho I never play CS anymore due to JK2

Kissamies
04-27-2002, 09:54 PM
I said it a bit too harsly, I didn't mean that its completely impossible to play CS stylishly. I meant that there is a lot more emphasis on the style on those other mods. I never liked CS much (and I did try every version except the very latest ones), but that is beside the point.

Fo0
04-27-2002, 10:50 PM
CS is a very well made game, and it shows.... and i agree with Kiss, CS simply doesn't have the grace and style as jedi knight... and JK2 has sexy colours.. oooooo.....

sttaffy
04-27-2002, 11:02 PM
i play team ffa's or ffa's with and without guns. i've had the game since the first week, and started playing MP a week after i got the game, and i sucked ass at it. i was getting drained, so i started using the saber only against drain/grip/lightning, and only healing. i started being able to beat the dran grippers with only the saber, then i picked apart all of the other cheap tricks, until i could beat them all with the saber, fairly consistently. and then i learned guns, and it was all over :P i started to get bored, now i go whole games only saber, only sniping, only pushing and stuff. its fun :)