PDA

View Full Version : Battle For Naboo demo available tomorrow!!!

Pootie_Fett
02-22-2001, 02:44 PM
Yahoo!

Kurgan
02-22-2001, 06:28 PM
That's cool...

Kurgan

Garindan
02-23-2001, 01:31 AM
yeah!!!!!!!!!! SCREENSHOT TIME!!! QUICK FLOOD YOUR WEBPAGES WITH BFB PICS THAT LUCASARTS DIDN'T TAKE!!!!!!

paulbarnard
02-23-2001, 03:54 AM
pretty pictures don't hide the fact it's still a lot like Rogue Squadron and an Episode I game...that means, it'll suck.

Jedi SuperBuen
02-23-2001, 02:26 PM
Rogue Squadron was an excellent game. Also the reviewer on IGN gave it a 9 (out of 10) so it's gotta not totally suck... I don't believe in reviews, but still...

------------------
You can do it your own way
Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Garindan
02-23-2001, 03:23 PM
how dare you say rogue squadron sucks!!!

That is my favorite game!!! i mean it comes in the top 3 of my 3 favorites.

paulbarnard
02-23-2001, 05:40 PM
Compared to the X-Wing Series, either of the Dark Forces that Rogue Squadron is a better game?

Garindan
02-23-2001, 06:29 PM
hmm?? i didn't fully understand your question.

I'll tell you something though about my favorite games and order they come in:

Mots
Rogue Squadron
TIE Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Force Commander
Rebellion
Jedi Knight
Racer
Sote
X-wing
Rebel Assault

if you meant compared to X-Wing Alliance or any of the other x-wing series, i'd have to say that i still like Rogue Squadron better, even though it doesn't have so many levels, it's just fun to me, especially the pc version. And i think the lighting effects beat mots and jedi knights (the pc version anyways)

Pootie_Fett
02-23-2001, 07:48 PM
oh!!!

Me loves Rogue Squadron, hehe!

oninosensi
02-24-2001, 02:03 AM
What? no link to the demo?

------------------
The Master is Back
with a vengence

Brian29
02-24-2001, 04:36 AM
The demo can be found here
www.3dfiles.com (http://www.3dfiles.com)

or here
www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com)

The demo is 53 MB in size.

Brian

Jedi SuperBuen
02-24-2001, 12:50 PM
You know paul, Rogue Squadron doesn't have to be a better game than X-wing, DF and co. for it not to suck.

It might not be as grand, or complex as x-wing, but it's good to just pick up and play for 30-45 minutes. It's entertaining. You don't have to think as much. Kinda like Racer.

These days, if I can replay a game every so often, say pick it up once, twice a week, then it's a good game in my opinion.

------------------
You can do it your own way
Just as long as it's done just how I say...

paulbarnard
02-25-2001, 03:03 AM
Because of the linear based nature of the game, (like Xwing et al) it has no replayability. Games that you can go back and replay like that are exceptional. It is a different game for some when you try to achieve just the basic goals the first time, then go back and get all the bonus goals (there are still some missions on XWA that I can't get it all).

That's just the point, Rogue Squadron is trying to pass itself off as a grand game, but it's not. It also does not belond in the same class of games as Racer (and Fighting style games). I agree racing/fighting games have their 30 minute a week stress relieving value. It's just Rogue Squadron isn't that sort of game. If it is, it's too easy.

Garindan
02-27-2001, 06:54 PM
ahem. Rogue Squadron is a good game, it may not be hard, i agree that it is easy, it comes in second place if it was competing with x-wing alliance, x-wing alliance has more lighting than rogue squadron, but rogue squadron is ground based, which is the reason I like rogue squadron better. X-Wing Alliance is a cool game, I love all the missions in it, right now i'm stuck on the level where you're in an a-wing and have to protect some innocent people from some uglies, and i always get shot down, or one of the innocent starships goes down and i get yelled at for it. I remember one of the other levels, which one was it....the one where you have to capture the probe droid and the muurian goes after it, well i got mad 'cause i couldn't beat it and quit playing for about a month and went into editing mots, and then i went back, i lost on my first try, and then i decided to do a suicide run type thing, and as soon as i hypered in, i destroyed the muurian, and all those r41s, and then i just waited around until my shield powered up, and i hypered to to the station and got ready to be blasted to pieces, so i knew i was going to be destroyed so i put all the shields and lasers to the engines, and went as fast as i could towards the nav buoy, and didn't even get hit TWICE. all that happened was someone got a missile lock on me, and i broke the lock or got hit (i can't remember, it's been awhile), and i ignored the attacker, and kept going, and then i hypered to the rendevous point, and delivered the droid to aeron, and beat the level. ah, the memories. Too bad rogue squadron wasn't as good as that. WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!???? What did i just type?!

Darth_Lando
02-27-2001, 08:48 PM
I have clearly stated my opinions on the matter in the Obiwan forum.

But I hope Battle for Naboo is a good game.

Redwing
02-28-2001, 01:57 AM
Rogue Squadron is one of my favorite games, along with X-Wing Alliance and TPM. Second comes Racer and Tie Fighter. I hope Battle for Naboo is as good as these.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.