PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS: BATTLEGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garindan
02-27-2001, 11:45 PM
WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boba Rhett
02-28-2001, 08:56 AM
Can someone give me some info on this game? I thought it was just going to be another version of Force COmmander or something. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif

------------------
I live here ya know.

Garindan
02-28-2001, 12:50 PM
consider it a force commander game, age of empires style, meaning, you won't need to worry about having a major video card to run it, and it'll be more popular (right now, force commander is my favorite strategy game though).

------------------
The New Republic needs more pilots, dogfighting droids is too easy!

Chiles4
02-28-2001, 04:04 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Lucasarts is using the greatest license in the universe (Star Wars) to create what we can only hope to be a worthy RTS! Their partner, Ensemble is responsible for the Age of Empires series - an extremely highly acclaimed set of RTS games! It sounds like this could be an incredible combination. Keep in mind that they may make this game fully 3D as most all of today's big RTS hits are (Homeworld, Ground Control) but then again the Age of Empires games are not fully 3D.
I knew that this had to happen eventually. Combining the license of Star Wars with well-designed RTS gameplay could lead to the most successful game ever released! Personally, I hope they combine strategy with in-your-face tactical combat. I'm currently having a blast with Force Commander but this game is merely a shadow of what could be accomplished with Star Wars! I'd love to hear more people chime in on this!

Garindan
02-28-2001, 04:23 PM
i wonder what is going to come out first, star wars tc for total annhilation or battleground...

Darth_Simpson
02-28-2001, 06:20 PM
Battlegrounds is 2D, and based on Age of Kings technology.

A sequel to Battleground would use the 3D engine Ensemble is creating. Read the interview over at pc.ign.com !

Pedro The Hutt
02-28-2001, 07:14 PM
Sounds nice enough. It's about time that LEC would make a quality SW-title on PC.(or any other console for that matter)

------------------
No!
I am your father.

Chiles4
02-28-2001, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the link to the interview. I'm disappointed that Battleground will be 2D. I think the "RTS industry" as a whole is moving away from that. If the graphics in Battleground are mediocre they'll sure have to get the gameplay right! I think the 3D aspect of Force Commander was awesome, its weaknesses stemmed from many other gameplay issues. The interview implies that it takes alot of tries before a company produces a good game. I guess we gamers just have to suffer along the way.

Garindan
02-28-2001, 07:57 PM
FORCE COMMANDER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too prove my point i'm going to play it right now. BYE

Garindan
03-01-2001, 04:31 PM
whoa! lots of ideas for my level i'm making! woohooo!!!!!!