PDA

View Full Version : i am so sick of.....

Reverse
04-28-2002, 07:20 PM
i am so sick of all you dark jedi that only use the move Grab Lightning, and Drain. In fact most of you dont even fight with sabers anymore, you have either a rocket, and flechette launcher, or the heavy repeater. You people cannot understand how furious i am because while im fighting (always agaisnt 2 or 3) im being shot at with undeflectable rounds, and then i get force grabbed again and again and again. then after fighting hard for a good 5 minutes with some people while i have fulll health i am always hit from behind by someone using strong fighting style. This wouldn't bother me so much if i had a fighting chance, but i don't. I'm sure many other Light jedi's will agree with me on this. I personally feel that if they ever decide to make a patch that they include extra bonus's if your a light jedi, and i hope they bring in more reasons to duke it out with someone saber ala saber. PLEASE MAKE THERE HAVE TO BE SKILL INVOLVED IN KILLING SOMEONE, THIS GARBAGE IS GETTING RIDICULUS!

Darth Seph
04-28-2002, 07:22 PM
:violin:

eV_Illuminati X
04-28-2002, 07:26 PM
:violin: heh, its needed :D

power_ed
04-28-2002, 07:28 PM

princessliar
04-28-2002, 07:30 PM
:violin: My heart bleeds.

Mr. White
04-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Geez, you could form an orchestra in here... There are ways to counter it, and if you don't like weapons, play on a server that doesn't have them. Please people, stop your whining and do something about it, you're runing my video game experience by whining like I'm in the real world.

subedii
04-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Yay, now we have a string quartet.

EDIT:

Yeesh, Mr. White beat me by a few seconds.

power_ed
04-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. White
Geez, you could form an orchestra in here... There are ways to counter it, and if you don't like weapons, play on a server that doesn't have them. Please people, stop your whining and do something about it, you're runing my video game experience by whining like I'm in the real world.

HEY YOU THERE!

you forgot the :violin:

;)

Ae0N
04-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Reverse
i am so sick of all you dark jedi that only use the move Grab Lightning, and Drain. In fact most of you dont even fight with sabers anymore, you have either a rocket, and flechette launcher, or the heavy repeater. You people cannot understand how furious i am because while im fighting (always agaisnt 2 or 3) im being shot at with undeflectable rounds, and then i get force grabbed again and again and again. then after fighting hard for a good 5 minutes with some people while i have fulll health i am always hit from behind by someone using strong fighting style. This wouldn't bother me so much if i had a fighting chance, but i don't. I'm sure many other Light jedi's will agree with me on this. I personally feel that if they ever decide to make a patch that they include extra bonus's if your a light jedi, and i hope they bring in more reasons to duke it out with someone saber ala saber. PLEASE MAKE THERE HAVE TO BE SKILL INVOLVED IN KILLING SOMEONE, THIS GARBAGE IS GETTING RIDICULUS!

Cry me a river... :violin:

I am so sick of you rebel scum whining about force powers.

Krayt Tion
04-28-2002, 07:42 PM
:violin: Tis not so deep as a well, nor wide as a church door, but mind you tis enough. Ask for me tomorrow and you shall find me a grave man.

Fettish
04-28-2002, 07:43 PM
At least he didn't complain about whiners. ;)

princessliar
04-28-2002, 07:46 PM
Don't cry for me Argentina, the truth is I never left you.
All through my wild days, my mad existence.
I kept my promise, don't keep your distance...

brikis98
04-28-2002, 07:48 PM

if you don't like guns, play on "light saber only" servers...

if you don't like force powers, play on "no force power" servers...

otherwise, learn to counter what others are doing, like force pushing when u're gripped or just using force absorb :rolleyes:

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 07:53 PM
NOW ONLY 49.95!!! ITS THE 8|7<#-A-MATIC!!!

thatsssss right! it slices, dices, makes french frys! and its made from 100% genuwhine imation BULL****

:D;)

oh yeah..... :violin:

Darth Seph
04-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Is this the treatment that will be dished out from now on to whiners and complainers?

power_ed
04-28-2002, 07:57 PM

...Don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry tonight...

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 07:57 PM
heh compaired to some of these whine threads, these guys are patten him on the head and saying "awwww pour baby.....":D

oh yeah :violin:

Kralj
04-28-2002, 07:58 PM

I couldn't resist!

Deadeye
04-28-2002, 08:00 PM
You know what guys. I agree with him. I'm not going on the forums whinning about it though. -it's just part of the game in my opinion. But what I am a little irritated (oops, I guess i lied about the whinning. here we go...) about it how people come on and whine about gunners dark jedi. Then someone replys with "There are so many ways to counter it. -Bulls**t. Now I have no problem with dark jedi. Their force powers do have good counters. But area-effect weapons? If there is a good counter then some one tell me about it. Pull requires to to be aiming your reticle right at him and be about 5 feet away. By the time you line that up, you're dead. I know this b/c I have worn out my Pull button. I use pull every time I see those notorious balls, and that blue flash. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it works, and you just snatch that gun away and you strike them down with all of you hate, but most of the time you die. Like I said before, this is just how the game is. Maybe they'll have a patch to tweak out some of those things, but until then, play it and like it, or shut up. I'm a saber only guy, and that's just no way to be in first place in MP. I'm sure some one can do it. I've held 1st place for good periods of time before, but most of the time there's a dark jedi gunner, who simply makes the best use of the offensive weapons in the game, and dominates MP. Alright that's it.
See you guys in MP i guess.

power_ed
04-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Deadeye
You know what guys. I agree with him. I'm not going on the forums whinning about it though. -it's just part of the game in my opinion. But what I am a little irritated (oops, I guess i lied about the whinning. here we go...) about it how people come on and whine about gunners dark jedi. Then someone replys with "There are so many ways to counter it. -Bulls**t. Now I have no problem with dark jedi. Their force powers do have good counters. But area-effect weapons? If there is a good counter then some one tell me about it. Pull requires to to be aiming your reticle right at him and be about 5 feet away. By the time you line that up, you're dead. I know this b/c I have worn out my Pull button. I use pull every time I see those notorious balls, and that blue flash. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it works, and you just snatch that gun away and you strike them down with all of you hate, but most of the time you die. Like I said before, this is just how the game is. Maybe they'll have a patch to tweak out some of those things, but until then, play it and like it, or shut up. I'm a saber only guy, and that's just no way to be in first place in MP. I'm sure some one can do it. I've held 1st place for good periods of time before, but most of the time there's a dark jedi gunner, who simply makes the best use of the offensive weapons in the game, and dominates MP. Alright that's it.
See you guys in MP i guess.

play saber only then

oh.. and :violin:

Ae0N
04-28-2002, 08:03 PM
We have another winner!

A winner everytime no blanks!

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 08:04 PM
:violin: :D

princessliar
04-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Your kisses are like pearls, so different and so rare
But anger stole the jewels away and love has left you bare,
Made you cry these tears of pearls
Well I could be the tired joker pour my heart to get you in
Sacrifice my happiness just so I could win
Maybe cry these tears of pearls...

Darth Seph
04-28-2002, 08:07 PM
LoL i bet this wasent expected when this thread was started .. i feel i am the one to blame..............:violin:

Vestril
04-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Dark side...too...powerful...

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by princessliar
Your kisses are like pearls, so different and so rare
But anger stole the jewels away and love has left you bare,
Made you cry these tears of pearls
Well I could be the tired joker pour my heart to get you in
Sacrifice my happiness just so I could win
Maybe cry these tears of pearls...

very ot but i am going crazy.... who IS that in your avatar? cant figure it out for the life of me... thanks

edit: forgot my um this guy :violin::D

Khaydarin
04-28-2002, 08:11 PM
What the hell does the little guy with that violin mean ????

What does this :violin: mean ????
By the way according to the guy thread , i would say that it means " WHINNER " .... Am i right ??

Thx in advance

power_ed
04-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

very ot but i am going crazy.... who IS that in your avatar? cant figure it out for the life of me... thanks

edit: forgot my um this guy :violin::D

yeah.. i wanna know that 2 :D

oh.. and :violin:

Ae0N
04-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Where I come from it means something that you hear over, and over and over, much like beating a dead horse.

:D :violin:

princessliar
04-28-2002, 08:15 PM
very ot but i am going crazy.... who IS that in your avatar? cant figure it out for the life of me... thanks I think it's Iella Wessiri, but I'm not entirely sure. I kinda "acquired" it from a banner at starwarschicks.com, made it blue and animated it.

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 08:21 PM
hmm thanks. I think it's Iella Wessiri

it might be, but having read all of the stackpole books, she has dark blond hair.

what color was it before your "treatment"?

OH CRAP!!! forgot the :violin::D

keto
04-28-2002, 08:25 PM
grip and lightning i do nto support, but like everyone above has said dont play on non-saber only servers. drain however i think is a fine skill, its the darksides heal, be cause they dont get protect or absorb.

Divine Spirit
04-28-2002, 08:27 PM
oww daddy daddy can u make the bwad bwad men go away!

my spirit bleeds! :violin:

Divine Spirit

power_ed
04-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by keto
grip and lightning i do nto support, but like everyone above has said dont play on non-saber only servers. drain however i think is a fine skill, its the darksides heal, be cause they dont get protect or absorb.

AAARGH!! dude, if you post here, you must remember the :violin:

.. jeeez..

:D :D :D

HBK
04-28-2002, 08:38 PM
So take a good look at my face,
You'll see my smile looks out of place.
Just look closer, it's easy to see
The tracks of my tears...

oh, and :violin:

lol, this is fun.

Vestril
04-28-2002, 08:55 PM
princessliar, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be Jaina Solo, at least thats what I thought when I looked at it...I could be wrong, it happened once before...:p and before I forget....

SPY_jmr1
04-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Vestril
princessliar, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be Jaina Solo, at least thats what I thought when I looked at it...I could be wrong, it happened once before...:p and before I forget....

this makes more sence methinks. looks more like her, from what i have heard.

and UNO MAS! :violin::D

*Darth Vega*
04-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Boo-hoo...daddy daddy I cant beat teh bad man wiff teh gun! Maek tehm patch teh gaem to maek him PEWP!http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/nopityA.gif

Gul Evad
04-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Khaydarin
What the hell does the little guy with that violin mean ????

What does this :violin: mean ????
By the way according to the guy thread , i would say that it means " WHINNER " .... Am i right ??

Thx in advance

It's sarcasm. When someone complains, you "play the violin" to commemorrate the OBVIOUSLY giant tragedy that has befallen them...

Not to beat a dead horse, but you have two options -- 1. deal with dark forces, because they ARE counterable and 2. don't complain about people who use weapons that are IN THE GAME. Is there some rule against using a rocket launcher?! I suppose no one should use the scope on the sniper rifle either because that's OBVIOUSLY cheating too!! Come on, if you don't like the weapons, you gotta go to a saber server.

Now... drumroll PLEASE... :violin:

Krayt Tion
04-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Gul Evad
It's sarcasm. When someone complains, you "play the violin" to commemorrate the OBVIOUSLY giant tragedy that has befallen them...

Or more specifically, based off the time Nero supposedly played his fiddle while Rome was burning oh so long ago.

Though I am told that "Nero DIDN'T fiddle while Rome burned. Besides the fact that the fiddle wasn't invented until 1500 years later, Nero wasn't even in Rome at the time." :)

NewBJedi
04-28-2002, 10:27 PM
:ball:

Make a mod if you don't like the current game modes - which can offer no force, and saber only.

Oh and . . .

:)

Reverse
04-28-2002, 10:35 PM
if i knew the violin button, i would play it for myself

yes guys that was a whine, u see i had just come from a game and my emotions were hot.

to clarify a bit. i do not mind force powers or guns, no far from it, i just mind when the same person does the same move to you over and over, like 4 force grips in a row, and yes i do counter it, but there are counters to my counter hehe.

anywho, im feeling better now, the violin symphony woke me up some, thx.

now its time to get back to some killin!

Rogerwilco2002
04-29-2002, 12:24 AM
now joining the bandwagon

Figuratively and literally.

Ransack
04-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Grip is a nice occasion for us, to replenish our Force power...

Kurgan
04-29-2002, 01:36 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/nopityA.gif

Read it and weep:
http://strategy.jediknightii.net

Ignodium
04-29-2002, 01:54 AM
krayt tion, i really dont see how mercutio lines fit, but whatever

listen guy, if you dont want to die, pick up a gun and shoot back or go somewhere else. what compells you to the light side?

oh yeah, :violin:

Johner
04-29-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Reverse

The primary weapon I see both on myself and other players (on servers with guns/force/saber) IS SABER!

Choke is not that good. It's only good for cliff maps EVEN then it's easy to counter with push and PULL (yup pull counters it as well). Drain can be countered if you light side by absorb (i think :)) and if you dark side drain can be countered by....well drain first :)

As for either having a rocket, flatchet, or repeater...well first of all that's 3 guns so it's not like 1 is dominant EVEN though I still disagree with you. You're really just puttion on a show here for people who don't know the game. PLUS the rocket and flatchet are rare compared to the other weapons. The repeater is very easy to counter with...believe it or not THE SABER!!!! Plus any weapon can be countered by force pull and in SOOOO MANY WAYS!!! Like rockets can be pushed etc etc etc!!

You shouldn't be "backstabbed" by strong style too often if you obey the number 1 rule: NEVER STAND STILL!!!!

As for the rest of your whining and not having a fighting chance, well evidently someone does since someone always wins.

As for force light...well it DOES suck and it needs serious reform (not necesarily "point boosts" but positive reform)

power_ed
04-29-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Johner

As for force light...well it DOES suck and it needs serious reform (not necesarily "point boosts" but positive reform)

Was that whining?... I think that was whining.. so here ya go:

SPY_jmr1
04-29-2002, 02:13 AM

aye that be a whine....

:D

this game is a blast;)

Fettish
04-29-2002, 02:19 AM
Want some cheese with that whine? :violin:

power_ed
04-29-2002, 02:23 AM
"He heard it through the grapewhine"

argh.. almost forgot:

Fettish
04-29-2002, 02:27 AM
Q. What did the grape say after being hit by a car?
A. Nothing. It just gave out a little wine!

Ae0N
04-29-2002, 03:39 AM
Does your whine come naturally or do you practice?

arctic_series
04-29-2002, 06:58 AM
oh for the love of god.

i am so sick of all you dark jedi that only use the move Grab Lightning, and Drain. In fact most of you dont even fight with sabers anymore, you have either a rocket, and flechette launcher, or the heavy repeater. You people cannot understand how furious i am because while im fighting (always agaisnt 2 or 3) im being shot at with undeflectable rounds, and then i get force grabbed again and again and again. then after fighting hard for a good 5 minutes with some people while i have fulll health i am always hit from behind by someone using strong fighting style. This wouldn't bother me so much if i had a fighting chance, but i don't. I'm sure many other Light jedi's will agree with me on this. I personally feel that if they ever decide to make a patch that they include extra bonus's if your a light jedi, and i hope they bring in more reasons to duke it out with someone saber ala saber. PLEASE MAKE THERE HAVE TO BE SKILL INVOLVED IN KILLING SOMEONE, THIS GARBAGE IS GETTING RIDICULUS! i am so sick of all you dark jedi that only use the move Grab Lightning, and Drain. In fact most of you dont even fight with sabers anymore, you have either a rocket, and flechette launcher, or the heavy repeater. You people cannot understand how furious i am because while im fighting (always agaisnt 2 or 3) im being shot at with undeflectable rounds, and then i get force grabbed again and again and again. then after fighting hard for a good 5 minutes with some people while i have fulll health i am always hit from behind by someone using strong fighting style. This wouldn't bother me so much if i had a fighting chance, but i don't. I'm sure many other Light jedi's will agree with me on this. I personally feel that if they ever decide to make a patch that they include extra bonus's if your a light jedi, and i hope they bring in more reasons to duke it out with someone saber ala saber. PLEASE MAKE THERE HAVE TO BE SKILL INVOLVED IN KILLING SOMEONE, THIS GARBAGE IS GETTING RIDICULUS! i am so sick of all you dark jedi that only use the move Grab Lightning, and Drain. In fact most of you dont even fight with sabers anymore, you have either a rocket, and flechette launcher, or the heavy repeater. You people cannot understand how furious i am because while im fighting (always agaisnt 2 or 3) im being shot at with undeflectable rounds, and then i get force grabbed again and again and again. then after fighting hard for a good 5 minutes with some people while i have fulll health i am always hit from behind by someone using strong fighting style. This wouldn't bother me so much if i had a fighting chance, but i don't. I'm sure many other Light jedi's will agree with me on this. I personally feel that if they ever decide to make a patch that they include extra bonus's if your a light jedi, and i hope they bring in more reasons to duke it out with someone saber ala saber. PLEASE MAKE THERE HAVE TO BE SKILL INVOLVED IN KILLING SOMEONE, THIS GARBAGE IS GETTING RIDICULUS!

CAN YOU SAY PARAGRAPHS PLEASE ?

come and join T.P.T.S.G.P !!!

Tired of People Too Stupid to use Goddamned Paragraphs

Johner
04-30-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by power_ed

Was that whining?... I think that was whining.. so here ya go:

Actually that wasn't whining. How is light force sucks and needs reform etc whining?

Maybe that would be whining if I actually used light force, this is a suggestion.

Whining usually doesn't offer suggestions.

Furthermore since I wasn't whining to begin with I guess that makes you guys idiot whiner followers. Go ahead and say I'm whining, fine you guys are idiots anyways, anyone can do it!

Gummy
04-30-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Darth Seph

Violin is the best instrument.
It's so not "blah"

If you are good at it, it sounds so friggin' cool.
It's like an infinite range of sounds...

Anyways, back on topic:

Nothing in this game is cheap because everything can be countered.

Hell Raiser
04-30-2002, 03:48 AM
Man, I must be bored, because I just read through this whole thread. That's 10 minutes of my life.... wasted. Give me back my 10 minutes! :nut:

Oh yea...

one for me: :violin:

one for.... you.. :violin:

Raxius
04-30-2002, 03:53 AM
If it's in the game, it's not cheap. Cheap is what low skilled people call better players when they get there @$$ handed to them.

If you looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary. Right have symphony, i believe.

And, just for good measure

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umtaitmd/images/raxius.gif

Vestril
04-30-2002, 04:00 AM
If it's in the game, it's not cheap. Cheap is what low skilled people call better players when they get there @$$ handed to them.

There are situations where someone can be cheap within the boundaries of the game and not be displaying any sort of skill. For example on a Duel server (and I mean that specifically) if the Duel has just started and the other person is bowing or doing some other show of respect it is rather cheap to kill him while he does that, and it requires no skill to do. I believe that the distinction is important on Duel servers because a portion of the time is spent chatting and if you're continually doing rude things, the chatting while waiting for the next turn can be much less fun :(
For the record I don't think bowing and all of that is required or some silly thing, I simply think that a skilled player would be more interested in a bit of competetion than an easy kill.

Raxius
04-30-2002, 04:11 AM
That's a good point. I meant more with the use of things, such as guns and strong saber or pull/push. That to me is not cheap, your just taking advantage of the strengths of the game. But yeah, killing some1 while they are bowing is cheap, or if that person is facing a corner with his saber turned off. But some people don't care about that, (usually these are the same people who call good players cheap, who need all the kills they can get)so you should be prepared for that, and don't leave yourself open at all, or at least only once.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umtaitmd/images/raxius.gif \

swediot=)
04-30-2002, 04:20 AM
:newbie: :violin: is all i can say

if u dont like gunerrs why dont u either play saber only or just be a gunner your self i mean theres no shame