I ping 999 to every server at the moment "waaaaah wah wah"

cant refresh either "criiies"

(zzz):confused:

NewBJedi
04-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Firewall?

Teir
04-29-2002, 05:39 PM
No i disabled my firewall so it whouldnt do start on comp startup.

Maby thats why, hmm.. brb;)

Vagabond
04-29-2002, 05:40 PM
Is your ISP on Pluto? That's often a common mistake.

Teir
04-29-2002, 06:01 PM
Im still in the learning process about Firewalls:D

After i turned on my firewall to active on comp start up my JK2 whould work again ( i find that weird ):confused:

So everything seems to be in order now.

Thankie

igor
04-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Whenever I play MP, I always shutdown my firewall. In the past I have had games lock up because of it.

digl
04-29-2002, 09:55 PM
nothing to do with firewalls, but I just realized my connection kicks ass
I was just playing with ping 200 and less in a server in the US, with more than 10 people at the same time. I won btw :cool: .
Notice my location on the left, that's why I am amazed with my connection.

Vagabond
04-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey digl, you'll have to hook up with Wilhuf and I sometime for some JO action. Do you have Roger Wilco? I assume you can speak English as well? That would be coolio :cool:

Teir
04-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by digl
nothing to do with firewalls, but I just realized my connection kicks ass
I was just playing with ping 200 and less in a server in the US, with more than 10 people at the same time. I won btw :cool: .
Notice my location on the left, that's why I am amazed with my connection.

True and false . I got ZoneAlarm and i always turn it off when playing JO because it ask me if i want to let this and that go through my Firewall ( im not in safemode ), so i cant alt-tab:p

I did manage to get Zone to accept this and that (Lol) but i truely feel it slows me down abit ingame, not ping but PacketLoss i feel increase. So basicly i just shut it off!!

digl
04-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond
Hey digl, you'll have to hook up with Wilhuf and I sometime for some JO action. Do you have Roger Wilco? I assume you can speak English as well? That would be coolio :cool: I can get Roger Wilco and I can speak English, but I doubt my connection will stand it.
We should try anyway! look for me on ICQ to play :)

SPY_jmr1
04-29-2002, 11:39 PM
if you guys want to try it with RW, i have a fixed ip, and might beable to run a RW server for you.

just offering ;)

NewBJedi
04-30-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by igor
Whenever I play MP, I always shutdown my firewall. In the past I have had games lock up because of it.

What firewall? You can simply add the .exe to the accepted list of programs that have Internet access.

arctic_series
04-30-2002, 07:26 AM
don't see why you guys even bother with firewalls.

it creates more hassle than anything good in the typical users case. i mean seriously, who is going to come and hack you ? if you've had the internet for a while you'll know what you should/shouldn't download.

firewalls are just like virus protection proggies. resource hog that aint good for much if you know your stuff.

Teir
04-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by arctic_series
don't see why you guys even bother with firewalls.

it creates more hassle than anything good in the typical users case. i mean seriously, who is going to come and hack you ? if you've had the internet for a while you'll know what you should/shouldn't download.

firewalls are just like virus protection proggies. resource hog that aint good for much if you know your stuff.

Fair enough:D

igor
05-04-2002, 12:06 AM
NewBJedi

What firewall? You can simply add the .exe to the accepted list of programs that have Internet access.

Sometimes that doesn't even work, so shutting down the firewall is a sure fire way to get everything working perfectly.