PDA

View Full Version : Saber damage in MP

Arthur_Tuxedo
04-30-2002, 11:42 PM
Is there any way to increase MP saber damage through a server-side command? g_saberrealisticcombat doesn't seem to work, even after using devmapall. The dismemberment thing is all well and good, and I know how to do that, but I'm much more interested in upping saber damage like you can in single player so that a hit is always lethal.

Darth Wac
04-30-2002, 11:59 PM
WTH would you want one hit kills with saber? It would be a mad charge and roll fest.... stoopid... nothing personal....

Last-ReBel
05-01-2002, 05:30 AM
Actually it would be much more in line with the movies and books than the current MP is now. What is stupid is hacking someone with a lightsaber five times and they DON'T die. If ppl had to actually use skills instead of running wildly around swinging, MP would be much better, not worse.

NerfYoda
05-01-2002, 05:37 AM
But that could lead to a horrible wave of people running about doing 1 hit kills & an even larger wave of people running about the forums whining about it. :) I figure when it takes 5 hits to kill someone its me winging them a few times before giving the killing blow. Wasn't there a scene in ESB or ROTJ where Luke hits fader in the arm with his saber & doesn't kill him?

Pedantic
05-01-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by NerfYoda
Wasn't there a scene in ESB or ROTJ where Luke hits fader in the arm with his saber & doesn't kill him?

Are you going for father or Vader there? :D