PDA

View Full Version : RS Mission 2: Operation Flashpoint


Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 01:20 PM
After the alarm at drake's discharge, the group is already en route to a planet called Nagrash, where there is a big generator that provides power for the whole planet. According to scans, Stormtroopers are there. We do not know if they are imperial or are black troopers. There also appears to be bombs in the place. We must disable all of the bombs, or else this whole planet will explode from the power surge going through the power lines. We will only have around 5 minutes when we land. We have to do this quick. You are each being provided with a bomb disabling kit, so you can easily disarm them. The trick will eb to locate them.

We need ideas on how to do this, men. Any ideas you got, lay them on the table.

Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Sir!! Do we know anything about these bombs?


I i had planed them they would have at lest 2 if not 3 triggers.

1 would by some kinda tampering trigger, that way if anyone starts messing with it in the wrong way, it goes off.

the second would be a remote trigger, like the one i set on the dent packs back on Hoth, it would alow the owner of these bomb to set them off all at once from wherever he or she is on the planet.

the third would be a timer, if they were something that i wanted to go off no mader what, there you go.


But i think the key to finding them is in a remote trigger, if we could find the fequcey that the remote is useing we should be able to track into the bombs.


occ- going up...

Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 01:35 PM
we know they have a time limit. The troopers have told us so (the ones inside) They want their demands met. They are not going to get their demands met. There is probably a remote and a failsafe. That is what we are most likely to expect.

Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 01:37 PM
Maybe our com expert can rig up something to try to home in and the remote signal...

Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 01:39 PM
that's the problem. If we attempt to, how do we know there isn't a failsafe there? We hvae to find them the old fashioned way...

Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 01:42 PM
well then if you can get me to one of the bombs i will tell you just how many triggers they have and what we can do to track down the rest...

DashRendar
05-03-2002, 05:59 PM
"Sir! As a communications expert I can tell you it's almost impossible to have a fail safe that keeps someone from tapping the frequency. The only way that one could be set off is if we try tampering with it through the frequency. If you'd like I ought to be able to trace the bombs from here!"

Sithcloak
05-03-2002, 06:36 PM
"Ready Sir! Whats my first command?"

Sithcloak

Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 10:24 PM
the main problem is, these new bombs can only have one signal sent through em. If you don't, they go BOOM!

DashRendar
05-03-2002, 10:43 PM
"But Sir, we don't have to SEND a signal, just trace it!"

Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 10:55 PM
it isn't emitting a signal. It is waiting for one.

DashRendar
05-03-2002, 11:12 PM
"Hmmm....well if they're on a constant monitoring then it's always emitting a signal, otherwise we should probably just try to get our hands on one of the transmitters and try and trace it from there."

Heavyarms
05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
That is another problem. We are not sure how they are routed to control units. there could be one unit, or there could be one unit per person.If they really wanted to carry this through, they would have one unit per person.

hannibalscipio
05-04-2002, 07:03 PM
"Hmmm," I say.

Heavyarms
05-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Daeken looks at the clock set up at the table. One hour left.

"we need plans of action. We got 5 minutes to locate the bombs when we set down."

DashRendar
05-05-2002, 10:13 AM
"Yeah! And the sooner we get this done the sonner I can get to the electonics store and buy me a new Personal Datapad!

Heavyarms
05-05-2002, 11:10 AM
the armory on this ship is sufficient. It contains any items you could need.

hannibalscipio
05-06-2002, 02:26 AM
"Um, I say we blow a hole in the wall of the room that houses the stuff we wanna destroy, then shoot up everybody left, then blow the shield generator and get out of here", I say. Everybody looks at me and shakes their heads, wondering how in the name of the force I got to be the medic of this outfit.

Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 08:27 AM
please, ordoe, let's not do their work.

DashRendar
05-06-2002, 08:49 AM
"Let's save that plan for Coruscant, Ordoe." *I go to the exit door and wait for the landing to commense*

Sithcloak
05-06-2002, 01:24 PM
"Sorry but I'm not an expert on bombs, but i do think that -- maybe -- I should stay behind? You know to gaurd the ship?" Says Sithcloak cowardly.

Sithcloak

Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Daeken observes the clock again. 20 minutes left.

"Ok guys, I think I got us a plan. We are going to have to locate these bombs as fast as possible. After me analyzing the structure, it definitely has 8 majorpoints- 4 are in the main generator room, and four main support columns under the plant.

"Bevel, you will get the ones in the main generator room because you are the best with explosives. Shiirow, Moronii, and I will be taking the columns at the base. After we diffuse those, we will head up to the generator room to help you with the explosives.

"Now suit up, men. We have a planet to save.Bevel, I need you in 7 minutes to help me get this thing out of hyperspace."

With that, daeken leaves the room to get ready.

Wraith 5
05-06-2002, 01:31 PM
*bevel grabes his stuff and get ready to head for the cockpit...*

Damm i lost my scan of the plant anyone got an extra?

DashRendar
05-06-2002, 05:52 PM
"Hmmmff who ever heard of a well trained Imperial? With even the smallest amount of luck the bombs will be right out in the open, visible from miles away. O and Bevel here,"*Throws him my datapad*"A map of the base is right there."

Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 07:15 PM
daeken returns.

I'm not sure it is the imperials. They wouldn't blow up a planet this way. They'd use a death star or something. They don't usually bomb and blow up things like this.

It is probably those "troopers", as they call them. The only way we are going to be able to find out who these guys that appear to be stormtroopers are is to find Xelcia. We will have to see what we can get out of one of these troopers.

Daeken goes over to a wall and presses a button. daeken removes a heavy pistol and puts it in a side holster.

Take what you want, and get ready to move.

Also, take a jetpack. We're airdropping to the target. I can control the rogue spear with this remote.
*shows the group*

DashRendar
05-06-2002, 08:27 PM
*I run in and grab a jetpack, a Personal Datapad, a Heavy Pistol with Ascension Gun, 2 Frag Grenades, a pair of Electrobinoculars, and a Jelly Donut:D *"Hmm this oughtta do."


OOC: OK HA I should be the same with the Heavy Pistol as my normal pistol, and the Frag Grenades as well. Now as for the Jelly Donut well that won't be around long...;) :D

Sithcloak
05-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Moronii goes through his check list.

"... Blaster -- Check! And last, but not least, H2O --- No Check!!!" Moronii starts looking around. "Where did I put that water bottle?"

Sithcloak

Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 01:02 PM
note to sithcloak and hannibal: I need your new skills that you want. I am going to have your PC's later, so drop me a PM with what you want.

Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 01:24 PM
*Bevel looks at his belt...*

Hey who took my Heavy blaster pistol!!!

*Walk over to cabinet and grabs jet pack, a few gernades, some dent packs, and finds his heavy Blaster pistol*


How did this get here...


Ah sir, i don't know about you but i can't breath in the upper atmosphere of a planet, you got any air tanks so that we don't die on the way down?

Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 01:33 PM
we're jumping from about 10,000 feet, not way up here :D

*daeken runs up and brings the ship out of hyperspace.

ten minutes left.

Daeken puts the ship on a course straight for the base.

our ship is going to blow a hole in the roof for us.

When I tell you to, shiirow, open the bottom cargo door and leap out.

In other words, head there now.

Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 01:41 PM
*bevel feeling better know that he will only be 10,000 feet in the air, get ready...*

I really hate hightes....

Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 03:53 PM
The ship stops at 10,000 feet with a sudden repulsor blast.

"Ok, shiirow, open her up, and jump!"

Shiirow, Ordoe, and Moronii jump.

when daeken comes down and sees Bevel standing there afraid, daeken pushes him out. He then leaps out.

"don't worry, you'll be fine."

Daeken pulls out the remote that has a chain attached to his pantleg and fingers it to fire a few laser shots at a target.

About 5 seconds later, 5 laser blasts streak past the group.

Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 04:04 PM
"I'm not afriadddddddddd"


"I just really hate being up highhhhhhhhhh"

Sithcloak
05-07-2002, 06:29 PM
"Ahhhhh!" Yells Sithcloak as he falls. "I forgot my jetpack!"

Sithcloak wakes up from daydreaming and checks for the 10th time to make sure its on nice and snug. Sithcloak then jumps saying what he belives to be his last words:

"Better tighten this a bit more ..."

Sithcloak

DashRendar
05-07-2002, 09:32 PM
*I draw my blaster, and put my jetpack on low to lessen the speed*"Hey Bevel! Just close your eyes!" I shout as loud as possible.

hannibalscipio
05-08-2002, 08:41 PM
I use my jetpack to begin lowering myself to the ground. I then check my 8 frag grenades and blaster rifle to make sure they're all in working order. Which is quite a feat, considering I'm falling from a starship, and using a jetpack.

DashRendar
05-08-2002, 09:13 PM
*I use the scope on my Blaster to see if any Badies are waiting for us below...*

Heavyarms
05-08-2002, 09:21 PM
the group spots a big explosion, and the group activates the jetpacks and lands safely in a room, with a starway to the north, and passages to the west, east, and south. A few stormtroopers are on the ground. Daeken searches one and finds something looking like a remote control. He hands it to shiirow for a analysis.

"It looks like a detonator. Each one of these buttons corresponds to a bomb. "

There are 8 buttons.

"It appears my assumptions are right. They probably have the most in the generator room. Bevel, go to the generator room and disarm the bombs. The rest of us will disarm the ones on the support pillars."

Daeken spots a small, tan box in the generator room up the steps northwards.

"that looks like the bombs. Go find em. Shiirow, to the west. Moronii, to the east. Ordoe, to the south. I'll get the north one and accompany Bevel inside the generator room. *looks at watch* we got 4 minutes left. Hurry up."

DashRendar
05-08-2002, 09:35 PM
*I look over the control and try to find the frequencies*

Wraith 5
05-09-2002, 03:33 PM
*Bevel runs into the genorator room toward the first bomb, wips out his Pre-approved bomb disposal kit and starts deactivating the bomb.*

Sithcloak
05-09-2002, 06:45 PM
Moronii starts running east and searchs for the bomb ...

Sithcloak

hannibalscipio
05-13-2002, 01:13 AM
I go South and look for my bomb, my disarming kit at the ready.

Heavyarms
05-13-2002, 01:16 PM
Ordoe finds a box looking like the one daeken spotted, and opens it up to diffuse it. Moronii can't find it, and continues to look. bevel has disarmed the first bomb in the room.

Daeken, still in the room with bevel,tells him to get the other 3, he is going to the north chamber.

3:30 left.

Wraith 5
05-13-2002, 03:53 PM
*Bevel runs to the next bomb, and start the same proess on the next bomb, being carefull just incase they were decied differntly with differnet disarming technegis.*

Sithcloak
05-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Moronii starts searching harder ...

Sithcloak

hannibalscipio
05-16-2002, 02:20 PM
I attempt to help someone who has not already located their bomb find it and disarm it.

Heavyarms
05-17-2002, 08:53 AM
daeken locates his own bomb and attempts diffuses it.

Bevel found the second bomb, and looks to diffuse it.

Ordoe starts walking away, but daeken yells at him to finish the one he is at first.

Shiirow is still working on that control, but it short circuits and blows up.

Moronii finds his bomb, and starts to disarm.

DashRendar
05-17-2002, 08:56 AM
*I run around in circles, then runs towards the west looking for the bomb*

Sithcloak
05-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Moronii starts working quickly.

Sithcloak

hannibalscipio
05-20-2002, 11:54 AM
I work diligently to disarm my bomb.

Heavyarms
05-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Bevel manages to disable both bombs without any trouble.

Ordoe disables his bomb.

Shirrow disables his bomb.

Daeken gets his bomb.

Moronii has trouble, but manages to get it done.

Ok, we are finished. Let's get out of here.

Finished: 30 seconds left.

The group heads to the roof, where the Rogue Spear drops a ladder for them to climb up the hangar bay. Once the group has all entered, he retracts the ladder and brings up the door. He then turns and runs for the cockpit, manuevering the controls with the remote. When he reaches, he spots a big blip on his radar. He looks out the viewscreen, and spots a strike cruiser heading towards the group.

"Bevel, up front! Everyone else, manage the gun turrets!"

Sithcloak
05-22-2002, 03:30 PM
I jump into a turret and pull down a targeting screen with fully capable heat sensors and homing beacon launcer, and not be excluded fully operational with missile proof shields, harpoon launcher. But I set fire to the quad for now and scan the area for enemy fighters.

Sithcloak

P.S. If you don't like my post I'll edit it.

DashRendar
05-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Uh SC you don't decide what the Turret has, you just are in it.

*Shiirow climbs into a turret and aims at the oncoming Strike Cruisers then fires a shot or two*

hannibalscipio
05-24-2002, 03:50 PM
I get into my gun turret and aim at an oncoming enemy ship.

Heavyarms
05-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Moronii's turret happens to be the right side turret, which the strike cruiser happens to be on.

Same as with shiirow's.

Ordoe takes a bottom turret, which easily aims at the cruiser.

The cruiser is to the right and about 200 feet lower.

Daeken and bevel switch on the two turret guns and the ion cannons, and Daeken starts to pull the ship away as fast as it goes.

hannibalscipio
05-28-2002, 02:16 PM
I carefully aim at the bridge, hoping to land a major hit, and wait for my order to fire.

Wraith 5
05-28-2002, 03:29 PM
Bevel starts the caculations for the hyper space jump.

hannibalscipio
05-30-2002, 05:54 PM
I aim even more carefully, though I'm not sure if I'm supposed to fire or not.

Heavyarms
06-03-2002, 01:00 PM
GM Speak: I'm sorry for the delay in posting... I have been lazy and haven't gotten around to making the Stirke Cruiser which we are facing :D If dash would be so nice to make it, that'd be nice, but I can always do it :) Also, I'm gonna devise a picture of the transport and the cruiser.

Heavyarms
06-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Since no one fired, I'm just gonna make a little post here. END SPEAK

"Bevel, take control of the ship. Turn us around, and then fire the ion cannons. We can take them, don't worry."

Daeken slides into the top-mounted turret, and moves it into position to fire.

A message is broadcasted to the ship:
"This is Admiral Derokov of the Galactic Empire. Power down your sheilds and weapons, or we will fire upon you. This is your only warning. You have 3 minutes to power down."

Daeken gives a command over the com: "All right , men, stay sharp. You want to aim for the ship, and try to concentrate fire on the ship. Don't worry about fighters; sensors scans show no fighters. Shiirow, I need you to switch to the second top turret. Ordoe and moronii, relocate to the front two guns."

Wraith 5
06-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Bevel turns the ship has fast has he can, hopeing it isn't the last bad idea he has (;))


"Ion Control standing by..."

Heavyarms
06-04-2002, 03:56 PM
GM SPEAK: Oops, forgot to mention that the turrets are concealed, and have not been activated, so don't try shooting. Just move to your turret. well, they have been activated, but if you shoot, you will blow yourself up because of the magnasealed door hiding the turret :D

Sithcloak
06-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Sithcloak falls asleep quickly of bordom ...

Sithcloak

hannibalscipio
06-07-2002, 12:57 PM
I stay in my front gun, waiting for the big hunk of metal in front of it to be moved. I nearly wet my pants from boredom and anticipation.

Heavyarms
06-07-2002, 01:07 PM
The ship succesfully turns around, and brings its ions to bear against the cruiser.

"This is Derokov. STAND DOWN IMMEDIATELY! This is your Final Warning!"

*daeken activates the com*

"Final Warning My ass, let's get em! That's the signal, Bevel!"

*bevel flips a switch, and the quad guns and blaster cannons are revealed from the ship.*


GM SPEAK: Ok, wanted to tell you guys 2 things:
1. This mission has 2 endings: one if the spear gets trashed, and one if the cruiser does.
2. I am gonna upgrade your PC's, SC and HS.
3. Next mission, you will have the ability to go about yourselves.

DashRendar
06-07-2002, 02:42 PM
*I fire at the Strike Cruiser's Sheild Generator*

Sithcloak
06-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Sithcloak covers Dash's fire by placing his aim and fire on any turrets that would endanger Dash.

Sithcloak

Wraith 5
06-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Bevel starts firing the ion guns,

Heavyarms
06-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Daeken's blaster fire scores 2 hits from the total 2 shots fired.

Both of Shiirow's shots miss the cruiser.

2 of 3 of moronii's cannon shots hit the cruiser.

2 0f 3 of ordoe's shots hit the cruiser.

Bevel's Ion cannon smacks into the ship, causing major ion damage.

Sithcloak
06-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Sithcloak continues to supress the cruiser with heavy fire while searching for a secondary fire button or switch ...

Sithcloak

DashRendar
06-07-2002, 08:26 PM
*I fire another volley at the Strike Cruiser*

Sithcloak
06-10-2002, 02:07 PM
OOC: When is this going to get back on the road?

Sithcloak

Heavyarms
06-10-2002, 03:38 PM
SC: watiing for another person to post, or until I get home :D

Sithcloak
06-10-2002, 04:17 PM
OOC: K, sorry if I souned offencive.

Sithcloak

Wraith 5
06-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Bevel keeps up the ion fire with one hand, and keeps his other hand over the hyperjump leaver just incase....

hannibalscipio
06-14-2002, 01:53 PM
I fire again and again, knowing that the cruiser's shield's can't take this punishment forever.

Heavyarms
06-14-2002, 05:55 PM
50+23+30+19 damage so far...

1 of ordoe's shots hit the ship's bulkhead.

1 of moronii's shots hit the cruiser.

both of shiirow's shots hit, and one goes straight through the shields to the hull.

neither of daeken's shots hit.

Heavyarms
06-14-2002, 06:19 PM
*time for the rest of the post*

Bevel hits the ship, and it causes catastrophic ion damage, and the strike cruiser starts falling down tail first towards the ground.

" Holy S***! it's going down! Bevel, full speed ahead! get us within tractor range! Shiirow, up there and help him! I'm gonna get the tractor beam ready.

DashRendar
06-14-2002, 06:26 PM
*I run up to the cockpit* "So what can I do?"

Wraith 5
06-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Bevel kicks the ship into attack speed, trying to get there as fast as possable....

I don't think this idea is any better then shooting at that big thing....


Get ready on the breaking controll, we are going in hot!

Heavyarms
06-14-2002, 06:48 PM
our trail after these *troopers* will go dead otherwise. We have no choice.

DashRendar
06-14-2002, 06:59 PM
*I sit in the co-pilot seat and put my hand on the Reverse Thruster control*

"Just tell me when!"

Sithcloak
06-16-2002, 09:42 AM
A confused Sithcloak pulls up the comlink and asks "Whats going on up there? Did I miss something?"

Sithcloak

DashRendar
06-17-2002, 08:03 PM
"We're capturing the Strike Cruiser so that we can find more out about these guys we're constantly running into," I say into the Comlink.

Heavyarms
06-17-2002, 09:12 PM
the Spear nicely falls into position on its right side as the tractor beam is activated.

The strike cruiser is caught in the tractor beam, and is slowly being brought into the ship.

the Strike Cruiser is now half the distance it was before the tractor beam activated.

"Ordoe, Moronii, I suggest you 2 get ready for boarding. . Shiirow, hold us steady. I will draw the ship in to us so we can board the ship. Bevel, you go ahead and prepare to board the ship."

DashRendar
06-17-2002, 09:22 PM
*I grip the instruments and watch the Cruiser slowly approach*

hannibalscipio
06-17-2002, 10:12 PM
I ready my blaster and get ready to shoot.

Wraith 5
06-17-2002, 10:27 PM
bevel gets his dent packs and heavy pistol ready, turns to Shiirow...

When we are about a click away, hit that button there, (points to the all stop button)

bevel then turn and heads for the hanger

*note- Heavy there is no way a strike cruiser, is going to fit into the tuna/Rouge spear we need to take a shuttle*

Heavyarms
06-18-2002, 11:09 PM
The Spear stops, with the cruiser about 10 feet off the starboard side.
*shiirow, prepare for combat, get ready*

"bevel, report to the starboard docking attachment."

*bevel moves to the attachment, with daeken waiting.*

*Punches bevel in the stomach*

"Don't ever mock my ship again, is that clear?"

Groaning, he responds, "Sir, yes Sir!"

The rest of the group approaches one by one, and then a panel slides out from the wall, containing 5 pairs of data goggles. Daeken puts a pair on.

"Put those on, you'll need em."

The door buy the attachment slides open, and a covered walkway extends out.

Daeken walks to the end, and picks up a welder at the end of the ramp.

"Ordoe, Shiirow, take point."

Daeken welds a hole in the wall of the ship, and then puts it away.

"Well, here goes nothing, get ready."

Daeken kicks the metal-

*MISSION ACCOMPLISHED*
Gain-1000 XP You do not advance another level! I will come up with the next mission in a while.

DashRendar
06-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Ah much better...