PDA

View Full Version : Grappling Hook

sights0d
05-03-2002, 01:39 PM
I really miss the grappling hook from Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces. Is there anyone out there working on it yet? I've noticed that they are used in Episode I.
I have the feeling that we don't have the editing tools to work on one yet, but it would be nice to go swinging again.

While I'm about it: Is it possible to have more than one line going at a time? I'd love to go swinging like spiderman.

arthoz
05-03-2002, 04:17 PM
why didn't I ask this? its been in my mind for quite for a few weeks now ;p

hope anyone is making it/planning on making it..

toolboi
05-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Jedi knight 2: Dark Forces? ;)

I dont know, as much as I love the idea of a good grappling hook, they always end up feeling like some sort of teleporter.

VEGETA2K1
05-03-2002, 06:09 PM
maybe its lie the original quake3 engine, its in there, but you gotta code it out?(enable it with dsource) sinc,e all sp maps are comp9iled and what not u cant add a grapling hook to the level.. dont think it coluld be done in sp, but once mp source gets relased, its only a mayter of mintues before some1 does make one ^_^ (i think the grapling hook was first "mod" for quake3... cant remember..)

Ten Tigers
05-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Base it after the Q2 grapple. The best grappling hook ever.

It is like you are actually on a rope/line/whatever.

you can swing in circles, around corners, extend/retract cord length, and it will hurt really bad if you make too big of a swing and hit something, or even land after swinging a far distance.

I just hate grappling hooks that are like tractor beams. They just pull you in a strait line. :rolleyes:

__CKY__
05-04-2002, 03:26 AM
i cant ait for the grapple hook its fun to swing around and hide and surprise people

mrlove
05-04-2002, 06:00 AM
wouldnt that destroy this game? imagine everyone using this hook thing... heh cya starwars and welcome spiderman.

Blackclaw
05-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mrlove
wouldnt that destroy this game? imagine everyone using this hook thing... heh cya starwars and welcome spiderman.

Didn't Luke use one in the original Star Wars?

I don't think it would disrupt game balance. Once spotted, someone just hanging on a grappling hook is sniper bait.

VEGETA2K1
05-04-2002, 02:33 PM
luke didnt exactly use a grapling hook.. just a peice of rope that he had with him, and threw it manualy.. but its basicaly same idea,,.. but i would love to be swinging saround swinging my light saber. (though. .this would be hard due to grapling hopok woulfd be considerd a weopon.. unless.. its a mod that allows use of 2 wepaons at once..)

omses
05-04-2002, 05:21 PM
it seems for like the guns and grappling hook, work together better, and im pretty sure luke had a grappling hook OF some kind, because it has a metal end and gets caught on the other side.
i would consider that a grappling hook.

MMP
05-04-2002, 05:24 PM
A Spiderman mod would be awesome. Just imagine swining through Nar Shadda :D

TheMadDoofer
05-04-2002, 06:07 PM
It would beat the crap out of those annoying jumping puzzles!

Btw, this is my 200th post.

:fett:

{xg}darthVADER
05-04-2002, 07:19 PM
what do you mean with that ?

Ten Tigers
05-05-2002, 07:34 AM
Actually he did more than throw it manualy. In Empire Strikes Back, Luke distinctively use a grappling gun to reach the AT-AT so he could sabatoge it.

Evan Nash
05-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Grappling hooks are for *******.

Can't force jump high enough? =)

sights0d
05-06-2002, 05:27 PM
Actually... Remember that they use them in episode 1 to get to the upper level of the palace towards the end of the movie to get to the viceroy.

sights0d
05-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Also, remember that there was a really cool grap in Unreal Tourney. I used it to MESS FOLKS UP!!! You could bind it to a key and still use another weapon. In fact, you could USE it as a weapon, and it did damage over time.

Dark Cloak
05-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Ascension(sp) guns are awesome!