PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Return of the Jedi?

cenca
08-19-2001, 11:58 AM
i thought i'd start an interesting topic...yeah...so i heard once that GL was going to go past Return of the Jedi into a bunch of other movies...anyone know anything about that?

brashin99451
08-19-2001, 05:21 PM
the people at theforce.net thought it would be funny to say he was few months ago. ha ha ha. funny.

oninosensi
08-19-2001, 05:50 PM
He was, but decieded not to, and to let the books tell the tale.

andy_nighthawk
08-19-2001, 05:51 PM
there is absolutely no point to this post, except to agree with oni

cenca
08-20-2001, 12:17 AM
wellactually I was just wondering.

Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 12:24 AM
Don't worry, Andy was talking about his post.

cenca
08-20-2001, 01:25 AM
Well so...how about Star Wars? cool huh?

Garindan
08-20-2001, 01:39 AM
Well, i'm glad he's not going past jedi, it'd be all messed up and fans would manage to storm skywalker ranch and steal stormtrooper costumes and go on a killing spree w/them.

Boba Fat
08-20-2001, 06:23 AM
Umm you can't kill anyone with stormtrooper costumes alone! Yes the books continue the story and the first one strait after Jedi is Truce At Baruka! :)

Boba Fat

BeastMaster
08-20-2001, 08:18 PM
Bakura.

Though there are some that actually overlap RotJ, like Mara Jade: By The Emperor's Hand (it was a comic series, not a novel).

Lucas originally planned a nine-film series, then cut it down to three films (the OT). Later, when technology reached a certain point, he redid the OT to make it closer to what he initially wanted (the SEs), and decided to do the prequel trilogy.

Hopefully, he'll never decide to do the followup trilogy, for two reasons:

1. Lucas is very proprietary about his toys. If he goes into the post-RotJ era, he would contradict everything he could find, throwing what might have been the greatest Shared-Universe in the history of Storytelling out the window (he doesn't realize what he has in the Lucasfilm-enforced continuity :( ).

2. The Star Wars Saga (OT/SEs and prequels) works better as six movies than it would as nine. With the prequels, the entire series is now about Anakin/Vader (not Luke & co). Anything after RotJ would just seem tacked-on.

brashin99451
08-21-2001, 08:28 PM
like lucas would do movies right after endor. if he did sequals they'de proboly be a hundred to a few thousand years later.

Kurgan
08-22-2001, 01:52 AM
When he was talking about the sequals+prequels+OT George was saying the tying characters would be the two droids: C3PO and R2D2.

But since George's said he won't do further Star Wars movies after the prequels are completed, then I'm inclined to believe him, since it's his franchise after all.

Kurgan