PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress - Guard

Pages : [1] 2

Goreld
05-04-2002, 07:38 PM
New model I'm working on. Not sure how well this will work with the bones, but at worst I'll segment the cape.

http://skew.telefragged.com/pics/royalguard.jpg

omses
05-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Holy Crap!
thats awsome! good job!
keep up the good work.
best Red Guard Model I've ever seen.

VEGETA2K1
05-04-2002, 08:10 PM
thats amazing!!!!! whats the poly count! looks alot on the shoulder /head area.... very great job, and as for the bone, you could wait til lthe mommathma model gets relased by raven(IF actualy,..) and u can use that..

BacMeth
05-04-2002, 08:14 PM
er... why wait until the monmothma model gets released?
it's using the same _humanoid.gla skeleton as any other model in JK2... at least thats what i thought....
oh and the poly count looks to be very small.. you might want to add more detail to the cape...
looks great btw.... although i dont know what a red guard is :p
but it looks very very cool

VEGETA2K1
05-04-2002, 08:31 PM
red guards the empoerers guards, (watch return of jedi) also i think monmathma uses a diff one cuzz of her clothing...

BacMeth
05-04-2002, 08:51 PM
wouldnt that mean they had to redo almost all animations just for one model... i doubt they did that.. mon mothma is a very unimportant model... but i'll go check it

BacMeth
05-04-2002, 09:15 PM
i can see no special cloth animations...
nothing waving around ......
its definatly the _humanoid.gla skeleton....

VEGETA2K1
05-04-2002, 09:17 PM
look at her legs, she must have an extra bone,a dn the rest is basicaly the same, they wouldnt hvae to redo it all just the walking anims././ maybe just edit them... but mostly games have a seperate animation for every character, jk2 used 1 for almost all, i htink they might have a diff for ateats 1 or 2... it wouldnt take that much longer as most models use same animation. dont know htough..

BacMeth
05-04-2002, 09:19 PM
hm i didnt see any special animations for certain models yet.. maybe its just me.. could you pleez be more precis?
this is interesting to me cuz i plan to animate the coat of my model

JRA_Wolf
05-04-2002, 09:25 PM
There is no extra bone in the clothes for Mon Mothma. They simply weighted the clothes to the bones in the legs and arms, etc. Nothing that hard

VEGETA2K1
05-04-2002, 09:26 PM
hm probablyt did that, i neevr actually took a look at any of thr models.. but probably......:rolleyes:

Goreld
05-04-2002, 09:53 PM
So far the model is 692 polies. I foresee the rest of the model taking somewhere around 1500 polies. After that I'll look at putting more polies in the cape perhaps, but right now I want to stay on the safe side of the poly count.

omses
05-04-2002, 10:47 PM
I think it looks awsome right now

seantree
05-05-2002, 03:13 AM
that looks great!! i'm looking forward to release

CheshireKat
05-05-2002, 03:41 AM
Very nice! You are gonna make an awful lot of people very happy.

Leagle
05-05-2002, 06:27 AM
Nice.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-05-2002, 06:39 AM
Nice... he/she looks familiar.. Must be from Episode 1?

I'd prefer a black cloak too.. Red is too targety it's just screaming "come shoot me!"

nubby
05-05-2002, 07:26 AM
I can't belive you guys don't know where the red guards are from. Watch return of the jedi when Luke is on the death star. There are two red guards standing at the elevator. The emperor sends them away so Vader and Luke can duke it out.

Lucko Mabri
05-05-2002, 08:45 AM
Oh My Gawd! Thats Just Freakin Amazing! Keep Up The Great Work! :fett:

Landflyer
05-05-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]
Nice... he/she looks familiar.. Must be from Episode 1?"

The ones in Ep 1 were the Blue Guards. We'll see the Red Guards make their appearance in Ep 2.

Luuke
05-05-2002, 09:52 AM
this Royal Guard is looking fantastic!!!
really great work!
have you thought of making the blue Ep1 guards, because the body is all the same, only the head would have to be changed!
Anyway, good model!!!!

Darkest_Knight
05-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Hate to put a downer on such a great piece of work but...

Royal Guards (and Republic Guards) Heads are static... they don't turn without turning their whole upper boby, the style of their helmets prove that. Unfortunately the _humanoid boby structure was designed for characters whose heads DO move. That's going to create some really horrible effects to the guards when imported with the _humanoid animations.

CheshireKat
05-05-2002, 02:12 PM
It's a matter of attatching the right verts. You can still get good results if you do it right. I think the way to go is to attatch the entire hemet and the shoulder area to the head of the skeleton. That should give the effect you need in the animations.

BacMeth
05-05-2002, 02:22 PM
wouldnt it be better to attach the head and shoulder parts to the torso bones?

cuz if you attached em to the head and he looked to the right his whole upper body + helmet would turn right but his torso would stay at the same place.. would look rather odd

Goreld
05-06-2002, 01:49 AM
If the head deformation looks terrible, I'll just attach the head to the shoulder bones. The robe's probably going to be the trickier part. Either way, I'll worry about all that once I've finished modeling and skinned it.

BloodRiot
05-06-2002, 02:14 AM
It's very accurate. Splendid job on this one. Keep up the good work.

There were a lot of request for this one. Like Kat said... there'll be a whole heap of ppl wanting this one.

Sirus
05-06-2002, 02:34 AM
I Don't Know if any 1 noticed but if you colour it black and put an emporer head on him kinda in a reborn hood it would make a great emporer cause all the one's I've seen a Sh1t :fett:

Ten Tigers
05-06-2002, 06:12 AM
When you release these you should do it with multiple skins.

Classic Red
Blue
White
Black

Or even something like this:

Cloak: Black
Helmet: Gold
Visor: Black

Again, that's in addition to the classic skin...

adillon
05-06-2002, 11:02 AM
goreld-

gotta say holy S man! looks awesome. i had already started a 2-pack of models for the royal guard (red) and the senate guard (blue) - but you're so far ahead of me i'm throwing in the towel. it's times like this when i wish work didn't take up so much time. i have a ton of royal guard reference pics if you want them - but from the looks of your model i DON'T think you will be needing them. however, i got 'em if you want 'em.

can't wait to see it completed. keep of the good work, and hopefully you'll work on the senate guards as well ... nudge, nudge.

Goreld
05-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Adillon: Actually, I'm using the basic Attack of the Clones royal guard toy for reference, which I got last week. It seems to be pretty much identical to the later incarnations in Return of the Jedi. I think I'm going to do a few alterations to the general shape of the head though, since the shoulders are a little lower in the actual movie costumes.

adillon
05-06-2002, 07:07 PM
goreld:

i really dig your model ... has a helluva lot of potential!! i do have one little suggestion (and i emphasize the word LITTLE) ... can you make the helmet sit a little higher so that it seems to actually overlap the cloak? it looks like the cloak itself is an extension of the helmet, but the images i have there's more of a differentiation between the two. i guess the helmet will have reflections and what-not which can help set the two apart. again, this is a MINOR criticism.

also, what are you planning on doing for the body beneath the cloak? from things i've read the royal guard have a darker red robe beneath the one you've already modeled. are you planning on doing that, or will the body beneath be more of a red stormtrooper-type body?

i've included a link to the thread i had going regarding my model. i'm not trying to pimp anything, i just thought some things people have told me could be of use to you ...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49153

this is probably jumping the gun a bit, but have you thought of sounds/taunts for him? i came to the conclusion that i'd wait until ep2 was released to see if the royal guard possibly had any speaking parts ... and hopefully from that there would be something that could be a good taunt ... "i'd give my life for the emperor" or "long live the empire" or something like that.

keep up the good work, man, and keep us posted on your progress (LOTS OF PICS MAKE US HAPPY).

Niten Ryu
05-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Nice work !

Slave Leia and Imperial Royal Guard are my most wanted models for JO.

If you find Royal Guard with robe too hard to animate, you can model robe-free version (as seen in Crimson Empire series)

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swcetpb.jpg

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swceii4.jpg

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swceii1.jpg

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swce3.jpg

And reverse colors

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swce6.jpg

:guard: :guard: :guard:

Kinja
05-07-2002, 01:58 AM
Hey man, thats a purty model yo got goin on there! Kix Fargin @$$!

Goreld
05-07-2002, 11:22 AM
Here's my plan- Since the robe is a 2 parter (big back part, and draping front part), I'll make the body underneath kind of generic shaped. I can skin it with the regular (dark maroon) robe colors, as is on the toy and I assume movie versions. Then, for the other 2 skins, I'll paint body armor a la Crimson Empire on the underclothes, and use a shader to make the front robe invisible. Best of both worlds, I hope.

James
05-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Goreld, can I get your email? Or can you check your Pm's? I would like to talk to you in private.

FreeCrwCPJ
05-07-2002, 02:51 PM
that sh1t looks great!!!! very nice work!!! been wantin to see someone do this. didn't it would be this good though. can you post some new pics, for i think everyone is anxious to see some of your progress.

:anakin: :lsduel: :mob:

malinkie
05-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Great job man. That looks sweet!!!!

What program are you using to model the character in?

Oh by the way

Nice F****** Model *honk* *honk* (Beetleguise)

Guardsman00395
05-08-2002, 01:57 AM
That looks m*****f***ing bad@$$. Keep up the good work, I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for this one. It would be cool too if someone did a replacement skin that made the lightsaber a forcepike, just to add to the authenticity.

:guard: :guard: :guard: :guard: :guard:
The few, the proud, the red... the Imperial Royal Guard.

Aaron Halcyon
05-09-2002, 01:00 AM
That is great work I can't wait for it to be finished. I really like the idea of having the normal guard and the Crimson Empire version of them.:guard:

Ten Tigers
05-11-2002, 03:23 AM
Could we get an updated teaser?

Please?

I dont know about anybody else, but Im still stoked about this mod.

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 04:40 AM
very good job indeed ive wanted on of these people for while lol

Archieoi
05-12-2002, 05:24 AM
what is a safe to unsafe poly count coulnt number?

adillon
05-13-2002, 05:56 PM
hey goreld, how's the model coming along?

Goreld
05-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Sorry for the lack of an update, things have been hectic around here. Haven't had a chance to do much more work on the guard (busy with some other models, Morrowind, learning to play the guitar, busy stuff at job, among other things) so it's kind of progressing slowly. I'll post a new version when I manage to spend enough time to finish the geometry.

On a side note, part of the reason I've been kind of slow working on the model is that I have no way to put it in the game. I have 3dsmax 3, and not 4. If anyone is willing to export the model to JK2, I'd be grateful, as long as I'm given credit for making the model/skin. I might let someone else skin the model too once I finish the geometry, I'm just too busy with tons of stuff to spend a lot of time on it.

Aiee
05-14-2002, 04:55 PM
IANAM (I Am Not A Modeller) but you may want to spend a few more polys on the cloak. Specifically arounf the knee/leg area. The lower half of the robe will be in nearly constant movement once in-game, and the extra polys might help making the deformation look like cloth during run/walk

Dark_One
05-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Nice couldn't do it better myself :)

pud1
05-14-2002, 11:07 PM
http://galactic-voyage.com/images/SW%20Cut%20Scenes/Return%20of%20the%20Jedi/royal%20guards%20attack%20commander%20(2).jpg

heres an intresting cut scene from return of the jedi that may help you with your royal guard. it shows the other guards arms, which is kinda a maroon-purple-ish color!

petezilla
05-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Strange I do not remember seeing that scene in the movie.
can't wait to see the final result.

Dark_One
05-16-2002, 01:25 PM
Hmmm that doesn't ring a bell that scene. But just finish the model and all will be happy :)

adamaged
05-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Maybe the fact the pic is in a directory entitled "SW Cut Scenes" has something to do with the lack of recognition. Hmm.

IronFist115
05-17-2002, 08:34 PM
In what directory? Theres no DVD for the 4th 5th and 6th movie.

camnron
05-20-2002, 04:16 AM
bump

FreeCrwCPJ
05-22-2002, 10:30 PM
so whats goin on with this model. any updates. haven't heard much so if you could give a post we would all appreciate it.

:duel: :mob: :anakin: :dsaber: :lsduel:

[CO] HellmasteR
05-22-2002, 11:37 PM
WOOO, thank god! Finally, a model that does my name ([CO] stands for Crimson Order, which are what the Red Guards are from.) please finish this man.

Royal
05-23-2002, 05:03 AM
What i saw looks great. Hope you can get it in game. would love to play as the royal guard. Will you be making it with and without robes ?

-Royal

Daveman
05-23-2002, 10:06 AM
I've seen the above noted "cut scene" before, in the Star Wars Action Figure guide I believe. They note it was a scene cut from RoTJ, in which Jerjerrod (sure I botched that spelling) comes up to the throne room w/o permission and gets zapped (not killed) by a Royal Guard.

With all the silly crap Lucas pulled in the Special Edition, one wonders why more stuff from the cutting room floor wasn't used. Perhaps the scene just sucked, but it would be nice to see. Perhaps when the DVDs are released...

adillon
05-24-2002, 01:12 PM
goreld, just curious as to how things are coming along. any progress you would like to share with us?

big_dc3
05-24-2002, 01:38 PM
:mob:

That seriously looks great, a crimson guard, one of the best characters in the movies, banging, cant wait, aaaaaaaaaaaahhh

neo6
05-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Fantastic, will you be able to animate the cape? If it flows it will look awesome. Also, you need to increase the poly count a bit, too rough. Otherwise it's really fantastic. When will it be ready?

SilentMobius
05-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by neo6
Fantastic, will you be able to animate the cape? If it flows it will look awesome.

Just to remind everyone that _ALL_ animation in JKII is centralised in one file, and to make any changes/additions would require SoftImage XSI and reworking (or adding) every basic animation.

Remember that anyone who releases custom animations is lining themselves up to be swatted by SoftImage as the likelyhood of them having a valid licence is slim.

In other words will people _please_ stop asking if models will have custom animation because _IF_ someone ever manages it, it will a huge breakthrough and so obvious that you won't need to ask.

Verlex
05-26-2002, 02:09 AM
HE means like on Vadar or the Mandalorian models.

moooa
05-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Goreld if u want I can try to the model in jk2 and try to skin it
email me at moooa_duga@hotmail.com

Klorel
05-26-2002, 04:32 PM
guard is looking sweet. polycounts not that bad either, cape looks fine to me, get some textures on there and no one will even notice in the game. hopefully you added arms since the initial preview pic :p if you HAPPENED to up the polys i wouldnt mind though, i think a safe place is 2500 - 3000 or below, but not quite sure. keep up the good work

Oobedoob Benobi
05-27-2002, 09:52 PM
could you give us an update screen shot?

Lime-Light
05-27-2002, 10:33 PM
I second that

Quite Jedi
05-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Joy!!!!!!
Please when your finished with this model, use it as a base to finally make a fully robed jedi with the hood up!!! If you dont im telling mom!

Goreld
05-28-2002, 06:14 PM
OK, things have calmed down around here. Now that I've gotten various things under control, I'll have time to complete this sucker. Sorry for keeping everyone in the dark about this, but I hope to finish this thing within a week (or my roommate and all my friends will beat me senseless, they want this model done too).

As a side note, I got the full Crimson Empire comic book. I'm currently trying to find Crimson Empire II, for even more cool skin ideas (ie. Jax)

adillon
05-28-2002, 06:23 PM
HOOWAH!

carnor jax and kir kanos kick some major @$$!

<---- just take a lookie at my avatar and you'll understand.

Manquesa
05-29-2002, 01:45 AM
sweeet, that's one that'll definitely go on my hard drive!

Goreld
05-29-2002, 01:49 AM
BOO!

http://skew.telefragged.com/pics/royalguard2.jpg

I'm still not sure what to do with the cape. Right now I'm leaving it out of leg-way (torn cape like Kir Kanos on the Crimson Empire cover, kind of). It's no big deal to put it in or not, but I'll have to mess around with it in the game before I decide which works best.

Well, that's enough for tonight. Getting some sleep so I can work on it some tomorrow. :)

edit: The poly count is 1859, so I should be able to add some more detail to the mesh. Hooray!

Quite Jedi
05-29-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Goreld
BOO!

I'm still not sure what to do with the cape.

If you look at the "Monmothma" model in "assets0.pk3", you can see how raven implemented long clothing down to the ankles. BUT PLEASE try and keep the guards long robes!!!

Pedantic
05-29-2002, 02:08 AM
Even if the robes didn't exactly flow, it would still be sweet to have them.

pud1
05-29-2002, 02:21 AM
*bump*
yay!!!
can't wait!!!!!
:guard:

Epimetheus
05-29-2002, 02:25 AM
Yeah, it looks like someone got a little happy with some shears around his cape...

(IK) Lucifer
05-29-2002, 03:20 AM
Well, well, well!

I was hoping there would be a market for this! Look at what I started yesterday! It's all ready to go now except for one thing!

http://members.aol.com/Evilmonky0/Images/Kanos.jpg

I want custom taunts. Im not even trying to make my own, but hook him up with some files that are already in the game.

Is it a big secret or something? I see lots of posts about it, but no replies, why? I see lots of models with custom taunts released...

Anyway, as soon as someone helps me figure out how to get him to do something besides say 'Come out.' or 'Hahahahahaha', I'll release it to JediKnightII.net.

Can anyone help me? I'll do a Jax as well. I was thinking of a helmed version, using the Reborn skin, but Im sick to death of reborn skins, lol.

I think this Crimson Guard looks beautiful though! I have 3dMax 3 and 4 and I still cant model for sh8.

Someone, PLEASE help me with the taunt thing!

Cmdr. Antilles
05-29-2002, 04:19 AM
I agree, the guard NEED long robes! :)

adillon
05-29-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by (IK) Lucifer
I was hoping there would be a market for this! Look at what I started yesterday! It's all ready to go now except for one thing!

http://members.aol.com/Evilmonky0/Images/Kanos.jpg

I want custom taunts. Im not even trying to make my own, but hook him up with some files that are already in the game.

i have a great idea ... stop pimping on Goreld's thread AND START YOUR OWN.

seriously, i think if you have your own thread going more people will read about your problem and probably help you out.

Goreld - it would be nice if the cape extended all the way to the floor. but if you're going more for the kir kanos thing, then it's all good. model's looking incredible ... keep up the great work!

Goreld
05-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Well, looking at Vader, the cape stuff seems like it'll work right (I was also cutting out the cape to show the guy underneath). I just need to test it to make sure the front of the cape doesn't do wacky stuff.

In all likelihood, I'll probably go with my original plan - including the cape, and for the kir kanos skin, using a transparent shader to remove/shred part of it.

(IK) Lucifer
05-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Hey no problem man. Im still catching on to how oddly strict everyone is in this community, sorry if I intruded. I am very interested in his model too, and I just thought I would share, since I saw you mention Kanos, I just thought... ahh well... n/m.

No trespass was intended. Ill start my own.

And I admire this guys model as much as any of you, sorry if my comments strayed from the direct topic.

adillon
05-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by (IK) Lucifer
No trespass was intended. Ill start my own.

hey, i was just screwing around. i've pimped stuff in threads in the past, and for once i wanted to be the hard@$$ giving people crap. ;)

you should see how far off topic some other threads have gone. take the jango/boba fett thread, for example.

definitely start your own thread for kanos. i'd like to tell you what i'm thinking about your skin of a very bad man.

but now that I'VE taken this thread off topic, i'll go now ...

Epimetheus
05-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Three cheers for pimping your own work on other people's topics!

Quite Jedi
05-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Goreld, do you mind if I make a royal guard model? I just started modeling and rekon the royal guard would be easiest for me to make. I would of course do the long caped Kiros

Goreld
05-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Quite Jedi, it doesn't bother me in the least if anyone makes other models of the Royal Guard. If someone makes a model that's better than mine, I'd most likely praise them and use their model instead of mine. The more models the better!

On the same note, if anyone sees something wrong with my model please speak up; criticism from other people helps a lot.

ErionD
05-29-2002, 03:54 PM
That so rocks!!!!!!
Incredible!!!!
All that with a not so high polycount! Amazing!

gog
05-29-2002, 07:48 PM
in ur latist pic of the model the cape looks a little short,
and what model program do u use and where can i get it
thankz:atat:
:fett: gog:fett:

skew
05-30-2002, 02:06 AM
my roommate is insane.

:deathii: we got deathstar. :deathii:

Goreld
05-30-2002, 02:20 AM
:lightning Itz a dizzazta, it's skywalka we're afta!

No updates tonight, need to get some sleep (again, the full cape WILL be in it)

gog
06-01-2002, 01:33 PM
common
wheres the update
:guard: gog:guard:

iTeM
06-02-2002, 07:31 PM
where's the update? this model rocks!

Klorel
06-02-2002, 11:34 PM
hold the phone, what happened between preview one and preview 2? no more long robes.... but a royal red guard has to be pimpin' in ROTJ long red robes.... its a must, in my opinion atleast.

no update yet huh? hope to see one soon :D

"jabba you ain't nothin' but a fatass slug, fake gold chains you sorry-ass thug. up in your palace with your blue-headed hoar, trap door, to the rancor."

Goreld
06-03-2002, 04:01 AM
Minor update to the model:

I still need to work on a few problem areas, ie. the feet and something's weird with the gloves. Then I'll start UV-mapping this sucka :lightning

Pedantic
06-03-2002, 04:56 AM
Ooooh, I can't wait. :D

FreeCrwCPJ
06-03-2002, 07:24 AM
WOW!! that looks fucl<in good. nice work. cant wait to try it out.

iTeM
06-03-2002, 09:13 AM
really niiiiiiiiice....

adillon
06-03-2002, 10:55 AM
killer model you got there, goreld! glad to see the long cape is back.

keep up the great work!

LeoSnake
06-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Kickass model ther, let me know when itīs finisht..... really really kicksass.... very good jod

__CKY__
06-04-2002, 05:00 PM
That modle is very good lol its the major 0wNagE model we've been wanting of a guard thanks for making us one :) :c3po: All Your Base Are Belong To Us

KowKlown
06-05-2002, 03:40 AM
bump

ReIIiK
06-05-2002, 04:08 AM
Dam that looks good,

Hivoltage
06-05-2002, 07:46 AM
Nice model :)
keep up the good work.

Katoa_Kliq
06-05-2002, 10:18 AM
This model is comming along nicely.

JediDante
06-05-2002, 10:26 AM
man that looks totally awesome!

DukeSkywalker
06-06-2002, 12:03 PM
Wow! This is one of the best models (based on the movies) I've ever seen!

iTeM
06-07-2002, 12:35 PM
KICK ASS!

more screens?

xan
06-07-2002, 09:02 PM
You've managed to get the shape and colour absolutely perfect, I can't wait to see it in-game.

superdude201
06-08-2002, 07:50 AM
That's a brilliant model.:lsduel: :guybrush: :sweating: :yodaball: :horn: :eets:

ErionD
06-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Supah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DukeSkywalker
06-08-2002, 01:31 PM
any new facts?

Dark_One
06-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Do you have any news concerning the model ... or screens :) can't wait :D

Adekor
06-11-2002, 11:27 PM
My favorite model so far! Good work!

KapnKeg
06-12-2002, 03:45 AM
Seems I'm not the only one who's been hoping for one of these guys. Your model's hella good. I'd try to put a little more detail in the face if you can though. That's where everybody's attention is going to be drawn to at first. (except maybe the chewie model ... I have a feeling that's going to be sensory overload ;) Anyway, the head definitely deserves a few the extra triangles. It's going to be interesting to see how you deal with weighing your mesh ... this is the type of model that probably be a lot easier to animate if it were for Quake 3 or whatever. I love the beauty of JKII's motion capture animations, but it really is a trade off on our side. Anyway, good luck. Downloading your file, will bring warm feelings to my heart. ;P

Firefly_x
06-12-2002, 04:37 AM
Hmm, if you noticed the Red tall dudes appeared in episode II...but cool model none the less.

I always got the feeling that the Imperial Guards were mechanical as well as human (al la Darth Vader) so instead of them being muscly why not make them slim looking...

adrian832
06-12-2002, 04:45 AM
I know exactly what I'm gonna do with this model. I'm going to create a Capture The Flag server and switch Auto-Download to "yes". Then i'm going to get me and someone else to guard the flag as this model, standing straight, one of us to the left of the flag, and one to the right. If I saw two of this model guarding a flag, I'd get my ass out of there.

By the way, great model!

!!!

petezilla
06-12-2002, 10:42 AM
eh can you tell us when the model will finally be ready?
days? weeks? months? years?

Dark_One
06-12-2002, 10:47 AM
I've forseen that it will be ready in 3 weeks :D

adillon
06-12-2002, 11:00 AM
just curious, but what (if anything) were you planning on doing for team colors? obviously the guard as seen would be the default, and you definitely won't need to change anything for the red team.

how about the blue team? i don't think you'd be able to get away with highlighting him in blue, and a recolor might not look quite right. that said, i realize it would be a helluva lot more work to do, but what if the blue team skin was the senate guards from ep1 (and little bit in ep2)? kind of like this guy ... http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/06/news20020610_3.html

just my 2 cents. the model ROCKS! keep up the great work!

Oobedoob Benobi
06-12-2002, 02:05 PM
well for the blue team you could either have the cape part blue or the "outside part" blue and the other parts the normal color.

Delmar
06-12-2002, 03:31 PM
i dunno, i think it might be best just to make a blue version of the model... at least give it a shot and see what it looks like. i think have a blue stripe/trim/whatever might make him look like captain america or something. :)

iTeM
06-14-2002, 11:14 AM
*BUMP*

any progress?

DukeSkywalker
06-14-2002, 11:57 AM
we're waiting...

Dark_One
06-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Messa think this model is sleeping. It make a while for it to wake up.

DukeSkywalker
06-14-2002, 02:41 PM
The screenshots are amazing, but here in the thread we don't see any progress...!

aL BeasTie
06-15-2002, 02:42 AM
just as a thought when your done you could reuse the model with a bit re-skinning and perhaps some tweaking you could make a Snow Trooper :snow: like the ones in ESB - this is another model that some ppl are desperate for.

Dystopia
06-15-2002, 04:41 AM
Just what i've been waiting for

Dystopia
06-15-2002, 04:43 AM
now all i want is a jar jar model....... oh yes, think i've the hours of endless online fun with jarjar taunts

DukeSkywalker
06-15-2002, 12:31 PM
A Jar Jar model???

Jar Jar must die! This is the only reason to create Jar Jar!

iTeM
06-16-2002, 08:24 PM
is this model dead?

nucular_jedi_14
06-18-2002, 05:11 AM
we want updates!

Dra9on
06-18-2002, 01:16 PM
I need this model to live

Cray
06-18-2002, 01:21 PM
It would be too bad if this model was abandoned. It is very promising, indeed.

That being said, everyone needs to remember that people have lives outside this game and this forum. Everyday life is more important that satisfying some of the crazed folks in these threads. More often than not, I see these people saying they "need this model to live" (I'm not picking on this one person, it simply was the latest one I read), only to have the same people pick it apart after its released.

Just be thankful that the modeling/skinning/mapping folks that are in this community contribute at all. They make an enjoyable game live longer and better than it normally would. :)

Lucko Mabri
06-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Don't bother posting anymore. This model is dead. Only start posting again if Gorled comes back.

iTeM
06-18-2002, 07:55 PM
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Goreld
06-19-2002, 02:33 AM
The model isn't dead. It's waiting for me to get on a computer with Max 4 to export it (I may just take it to the computer labs, so fear not). I'm also working on a JK2 mod among other things, otherwise I'd have it out faster. Sorry if some people are upset, but I'm not going to let this model die off, so don't despair.

Cray: I'm pretty much done with it now (more than the last picture showed), so I'm actually just mad that you have to have Max 4 to export the damn thing. I'll probably just need to fix up the proportions to match the JK2 skeleton, then do some quick uvmap work, and it'll be ready.

Cray
06-19-2002, 02:35 AM
Goreld...take your time to do things the way you want to. Don't be pressured into releasing work you're not happy with. Glad to hear that you're still around, though. :)

Lucko Mabri
06-19-2002, 03:01 AM
Wooohoooo! Gorled has risen! :D START TO SPAM! j/k :D yer as cray said. dont put Gorled under pressure! i am so glad your alive! :D:D:D

-Lucko Mabri

Dra9on
06-19-2002, 04:47 AM
All i meant is that I thought thyemodel was asewome. Also I would like to use it for my clan. (Shameles plug: http://www.angelfire.com/empire/crimsonguard/ ) Please dont chastize me.

iTeM
06-19-2002, 05:16 AM
YAY!

Mr PoopyPants
06-19-2002, 02:50 PM
It looks great man, this model is gonna kick major arse! How is the skin coming along of the robless version. I can't wait, keep up the good work.

Dark_One
06-22-2002, 04:38 PM
BUMP

icepool
06-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Great looking modeling goreld!!!!!!!! The imperial guards kick ass. Yeah I agree alot of people definately wine and bitch that they need things now I want I want give me, email me at imadickhead@imagreedybitch.com and these people dont realize that these people do have lives and a sacraficeing there play time to make our playtime more enjoyable. So let the man do his work cause its damn good and gonna take some time. And as for the email thing come on it always gets posted on a site so do you really think its gonna get emailed to you personally. The only thing I wanna see done with this model once it is finished to goreld desire is a single player conversion that changes the shadow troopers to imperial guards!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT ****ING JOB MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zanex
06-23-2002, 03:35 AM
bibbity bobbity BUMP

Emon
06-23-2002, 05:27 AM
That is very kick ass man, keep it up. You should also make an unrobed version, you can find those pics anywhere on the net, they are from the Crimson Empire comic series.

SAIK HUAT
06-23-2002, 05:35 AM
Dont worry guys...
When I have finished this model ( http://www.redgamer.com/eg.jpg ) I will take the head off and put a royal guard head onto it. A few touches here and there and hey presto.

aL BeasTie
06-23-2002, 03:35 PM
who you gonna call? SPAMBUSTERS!
- www.jk2models.cjb.net

Steg
06-23-2002, 08:01 PM
very very nice
nice is not the word.....amazing is closer
keep up the gd work!
Steg

Goreld
06-24-2002, 03:13 AM
While I'm uv-mapping this thing, I'll post a pic of what the final (actually I fixed 1 or 2 bad poly things after taking this shot) geometry looks like. It's around 2500 polies.

http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/ebl4767/royalguard3.jpg

morphius_doh
06-24-2002, 03:23 AM
Awsome model!! Will the textures be smoother once you're done coz some of the mask and sleeves are a bit jagged ?

Dalhectar
06-24-2002, 03:32 AM
have you set a release date or know when it might be done, cant wait to see the finish product

Mr PoopyPants
06-24-2002, 06:36 AM
I've noticed that the Crimson Empire guard has the mask only on his head, unlike the Royal Guard where the mask is on his head and also falls on his shoulders. That would solve the head turning for the Crimson Empire version, but I don't know what you would do for the Royal Guard when he turns his head.

thehumanbody
06-24-2002, 11:07 AM
im new at jk2 and i was wondering would makeing a mod for the game so yoda could join mp help at all?:confused:

iTeM
06-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Man, that model ROCKS!
keep up the good work!

Inviction
06-25-2002, 03:48 AM
I am gonan try to offer help here...

I can get ANY program you want if you tell me the exact nam eof it, if you send me the model and guide me through the process i can export it, send it back to you then delete my copy.

E-Mail me if u wan thelp m8: carn_05@hotmail.com

Ad the most promising model out i believe we should try to help this dude :)

Goreld
06-25-2002, 05:48 AM
thanks but no thanks, I have access to Max 4 now, so there's no more obstacles to exporting.

nucular_jedi_14
06-25-2002, 06:40 AM
sweet!

Inviction
06-25-2002, 11:44 PM
I cant wait for this model, will be amazingggg

Cray
06-25-2002, 11:46 PM
I cant wait for this model, will be amazingggg

Indeed. :)

Sniper Wolf
06-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by VEGETA2K1
look at her legs, she must have an extra bone,a dn the rest is basicaly the same, they wouldnt hvae to redo it all just the walking anims././ maybe just edit them... but mostly games have a seperate animation for every character, jk2 used 1 for almost all, i htink they might have a diff for ateats 1 or 2... it wouldnt take that much longer as most models use same animation. dont know htough..

It wouldn't be needed. The model I am currently working on (see DAMN tags!! for screenshots) has a trenchcoat and I used the jeditrainer's root.xsi and after I finished the modeling, I weighted the lower parts of the trenchcoat flaps to the femur bones on the leg so it could sway with the running. That's an easy way to animate a cape or a dress also.
- Wolf :jawa

X70
06-28-2002, 08:20 AM
bump

El_graco
06-29-2002, 01:33 AM
bump

cool model

bump

Eklin
06-29-2002, 05:41 AM
I hope to be able to play this in-game sometime *soon*

I was wondering if your going to bother smoothing out the model, so it don't look so poly-ish?

Inviction
06-29-2002, 07:36 AM
bump

Jolly Elf
06-29-2002, 10:31 PM
This is an excellent model as far as I can see. Really captured the look of the hemet, the way it sorta flows into the robes of the guard. cant wait for it :)

jedi_surfer
07-01-2002, 08:14 PM
great job, are you sending it out?

jedi_surfer21@hotmail.com

Goreld
07-02-2002, 12:58 AM
I'll be sending it to sites, probably jediknightii.net and polycount.com, for people to download.

Right now I'm still skinning it. I'm done with UV mapping and all that stuff, so the finish is imminent. I wish I could finish the model faster, but alas I have a job and other concerns. So I'll slowly, but surely, finish it. /me back to work paying the bills

CheshireKat
07-02-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Icepool:

"these people dont realize that these people do have lives and a sacraficeing there play time to make our playtime more enjoyable."

Hehe, ya, once I finished Maul; I finally went to play the damn game, and found that it's pretty hard to even play the game anymore with all the Pull BS players out there.

Models looking good. Keep it up!

Kranckor
07-02-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Dark_One
Messa think this model is sleeping. It make a while for it to wake up.

O Yousa isa nosen Gungan wesa no liken dat were mesa comein fromen :jarjar:

Lucko Mabri
07-02-2002, 01:58 AM
*Puts both hands on head* poor poor man......

genthar
07-03-2002, 08:18 AM
Dear God!!! Krankor's watched too much TPM, he's got Jar Jar Syndrome, hit him on the head with somthing quick, I'll get the lab-boys on the antidote.

nomad
07-03-2002, 03:23 PM
CheshireKat,
Is that avatar some kind of clue as to your next project?
Have I missed a thread somewhere?

The Royal Guard model will be ready when it is the will of the force.

-nomad

Destroyder121
07-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by genthar
Dear God!!! Krankor's watched too much TPM, he's got Jar Jar Syndrome, hit him on the head with somthing quick, I'll get the lab-boys on the antidote. immidately sir:D *Takes a leadpipe & hits him to head*now the lab-boys:p .Goreld take you r time so ya can make good model as ya can with a good skin:)

nucular_jedi_14
07-03-2002, 06:59 PM
just wondering..........

Lucko Mabri
07-03-2002, 10:54 PM
*hands Nucular a heat proof suit* you'll need this! *runs off*

-Lucko Mabri

Eklin
07-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by nomad
CheshireKat,
Is that avatar some kind of clue as to your next project?
Have I missed a thread somewhere?

The Royal Guard model will be ready when it is the will of the force.

-nomad
His avatar looks like a helmetless Vader.

It'd be really cool to play as, but it doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Without his mask and respirator he'd die.

*imagines helmetless Vader swinging at him with a saber, then collapses on the ground from lack of oxygen*

Mandalorian iTi
07-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dra9on
All i meant is that I thought thyemodel was asewome. Also I would like to use it for my clan. (Shameles plug: http://www.angelfire.com/empire/crimsonguard/ ) Please dont chastize me.

Dra9on,

I might join your can or try, it looks fun since u have that Jedi Master teaches Apprentic thing goin on, i never saw that in a clan!
And the model look bad! not saying it sucks, the other bad

nucular_jedi_14
07-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Vader did survive without that helmet and ****t he lived didn't he when him and obi wan dueled!

wolfgangpuk
07-05-2002, 12:26 AM
Could you send me the model when its done, my e-mail is wolfgangpuk@carolina.rr.com :guard:

-DS-Tha Skurge
07-06-2002, 11:24 PM
more pics of this bad ass model

IPHDTD
07-12-2002, 03:15 AM
havent heard anything about this model in a while, hows it coming along?

Eklin
07-13-2002, 06:11 AM
I really hope this model isn't dead. I don't think there's been an update for a little while.

Xyphox
07-13-2002, 01:37 PM
I really hope it's not dead too. The royal guard is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. It seemed like he was really close to being done.

Mandalorian iTi
07-14-2002, 02:47 AM
them and scouts are awsome

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 03:37 AM
I think so too. I think the royal guards and the scout troopers are the coolest Imps in star wars

icepool
07-14-2002, 04:30 AM
Do you all know what the saddest part of this model is?
I'll tell you!!!!!!
This model looks like it was done forever ago!!!!! The only thing it needed was someone to do a skin and map it. Now I cant say this for sure but I'm willing to bet one of the thousand skinners out there would of had no problem skinning this model and I bet if you asked Kman or sithlordII they would have mapped the damn thing along time ago.....

I was really looking foward to this model it showed great potential.:confused:

uber h@x0r
07-14-2002, 05:27 AM
noooo! i was waiting for that model for a long time
maybe the guy died or went on vaction
has anyone heard from him for awhile

Yoda_623
07-14-2002, 11:43 AM
I really wanted to see the model too. I hope he didn't die. :(

§ith Lord
07-14-2002, 02:01 PM
...So I'll slowly, but surely, finish it...

Mandalorian iTi
07-15-2002, 04:56 AM
well the guy who is aming the scout tropper im my thread (see my sig) his IS working on it but says he is buissy w/ other stuff in real life and is working on it every chace he gets, maybe thats what this guys i doing;)

Goreld
07-22-2002, 02:23 AM
Okay, I got it finally all working in-game and stuff, I just need to finish up skinning, check to see if there are any problems, and consider whether or not to use LOD (it was enough of a PAIN IN THE ASS to get this into the game; if LOD is annoying enough, I just won't do it. Or I'll just do one level or something (model is 2500 polies, I would do 1 LOD level of 1000 polies or something)).

Ah well, hopefully everyone will like the cloak movement, consider there aren't really any bones for cloaks. I'll paste a screenshot of the model in-game tomorrow if I get a chance.

§ith Lord
07-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Good to hear Goreld, we almost gave up on ya ;) j/k. can't wait to see the screenshots

t3rr0r
07-22-2002, 12:49 PM
yay, news. i am relieved to hear from you, goreld. :D now if only there was a kir kanos-style version in the future... ;)

icepool
07-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Sorry Goreld I wasnt trying to sound impatiant just thought you had moved onto bigger and better things to say the least. I definately couldn't blame you. As far as the model goes this is gonna be one of the best great job glad to hear you gonna finish it.

Goreld
07-23-2002, 01:28 AM
http://students.cs.tamu.edu/ebl4767/ingame.jpg

Xyphox
07-23-2002, 01:37 AM
Nice! You don't have to fix this if you don't want to, but he's supposed to fave armor on his arms, like stormtrooper armor, only red.

V-tecc
07-23-2002, 05:20 AM
*Foam coming out of mouth* :)

Tell me release is imminent!.. Tell me this Goreld!
As you see from my Avatar, I am very excited by this model, and I would really like to commend you for your work!
Not often I get this impressed by something like this, but this model is well worth the credit.

Hope you very think I'm hitting on you or anything! Hehe...

Btw, would you be interested in making a model for our clan?

... just an offer friend..

If you would be, then here is our homepage: http://committed.to/honour

t3rr0r
07-23-2002, 07:48 AM
looks great, but one thing... the arms look a little too purple/pink.

Goreld
07-23-2002, 09:35 AM
It's not going to be that purple when I'm done with it, the arms just aren't done being skinned yet (and I'm gonna be going back over other parts like the cape to make sure they look good).

edit: yeah I saw V-tecc, it's alright though, I have everything under control. I appreciate the offer though.

V-tecc
07-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Did you notice my offer, Goreld?
Not trying to pressure you, just hope you didn't miss it.

adillon
07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
i am very intrigued by your in-game screenshot. do you think you could post some frontal screenies for us to DROOL over as well???

:drool1:

keep up the great work, goreld!

nomad
07-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Great to hear from you Goreld!
Looks nice! Nice skin work on the back cape!

Xyphox, for what it's worth, the actual costumes did not have any armor on their arms.

Thank you for your efforts Goreld, it is much appreciated!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Mandalorian iTi
07-23-2002, 09:36 PM
looks really good, has a sinister look to it :sithk:

Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 10:06 PM
I was going to try to make the royal guard. I started, found yours, and stopped, your's is really good.

Goreld
07-24-2002, 03:15 AM
Hi.

http://skew.telefragged.com/goreld/royalguard/

Bye.

Just a little while longer, I wanna make sure there aren't any problems with the dismemberment caps and stuff. And I'm polishing up the other skins.

ReIIiK
07-24-2002, 04:35 AM
wow that looks awsome Goreld, very good detail.

t3rr0r
07-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi.

http://skew.telefragged.com/goreld/royalguard/

Bye.

Just a little while longer, I wanna make sure there aren't any problems with the dismemberment caps and stuff. And I'm polishing up the other skins.
it looks really great. :D btw, do you plan to add armour to the skin of the guard reminiscent of kir kanos? and could some of the next shots be of the front in-game?

iTeM
07-24-2002, 07:29 AM
Impressive... most impressive...

Goreld
07-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Yes, I will have the proper armor plating and coloring for Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax

edit: kanos and jax will be included. It's just skin variations. (you can remove the cape using a skin, which is what I'll be doing)

edit of edit: err sorry about the confusing grammar. Yes I will be releasing the model with the skins of Kanos, Jax, and whatever else I get for the CTF skins, all at the same time. Single .pk3 file.

IPHDTD
07-24-2002, 10:32 AM
are you going to release this model first and then the other versions (Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax) later on or are they all being released together as a pack?

nucular_jedi_14
07-24-2002, 11:30 AM
i cannot wait for it:D

V-tecc
07-24-2002, 11:35 AM
Could you at least say yes or no?
If no, them sorry for bothering you..

ExarDunnan
07-24-2002, 11:36 AM
:drop2:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

That is one hell of a model!

Keep up the good work!

By the way, I'm new here, so hi, howya 'doin, {insert your own sad greeting phrase}, and whatever else I'm supposed to say.

StarViperPilot
07-24-2002, 03:44 PM
:vadar: I find your lack of flaws disturbing.

:yoda: Much skill I in him there is, much skill indeed.

:thrawn: So artfully done.

:jarjar: Yousa bombad!

:yobi: Not even master Yoda his that much modeling skill!

Sithcloak
07-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Awsome model, can't wait to meet these guys in sp, replacing the rebornboss.

Sithcloak

morphius_doh
07-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Will the draped clothing be free-flowing or rigid? I couldn't tell from the pics since they were from behind.

Goreld
07-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
Will the draped clothing be free-flowing or rigid? I couldn't tell from the pics since they were from behind.

Kind of a middle-ground. The cape moves around when you move, but it doesn't move enough to keep your lower legs from clipping through it (I tried it every way, and if I keep them from EVER clipping then it flaps around like crazy and looks ridiculous.)

I feel pretty happy with it, although I wish they had put cape bones in.

StarViperPilot
07-26-2002, 12:46 AM
[Mission Impossible Music]

me: :roleyess:

...Bump...

mod: :tsk:

me: ;P

mod: :blast10:

me::eyeraise:

mod: :fire11:

me: :explode:

[Mission Impossible Music/]

mod: :disaprove

skew
07-29-2002, 12:31 AM
how much longer?!?!

--
its a trap

Goreld
07-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Working on the LOD's currently, they'll take a little while to finish. The rest of the model is pretty much finished.

Luuke
07-29-2002, 11:33 AM
i love your guard-icon, really!!!
fantastic model, looks really good!!!

StarViperPilot
07-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Wow someone who's actully doing LODs! Awesome Goreld!:D
:guard: :guard: :emperor: :guard: :guard:

Eklin
07-29-2002, 01:02 PM
What exactly are LODs?

IPHDTD
07-29-2002, 01:18 PM
level of detail, so it will run smoothly on everyone's computer, allows higher resolution versions for those with faster computers

Lord Tnuc
07-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Great model. I can't wait to be walking up to people with the Kir Kanos model. He just..looks badassed.
By the way...I know this is a little off topic, but I've noticed X-Wings and Tie Fighters flying overhead on one of the stages...I can't really remember the name, but oh well. There any way to change those? Just for a slightly different effect. Not really a big change at all.

AOD_SySsHoCK
07-31-2002, 01:38 PM
what does Kir Kanos look like, any links would be good..also i felt this topic needed a bump to the front page....

trowa500
07-31-2002, 03:41 PM
it looks finished when can i get it

trowa500
07-31-2002, 03:41 PM
it looks finished when can i get it

AOD_SySsHoCK
08-03-2002, 12:15 AM
sorry i have a great intrest in this project and the other one also, so i must move this topic back to the top/front....

Goreld
08-03-2002, 07:32 PM
DONE WITH LOD'S

95% done with skins!

Expect this to be sent off tonight or tomorrow, if I don't find any problems when playtesting this.

wolfgangpuk
08-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey Could u send me the model pease, my e-mail is Wolf-Gang-Puk@carolina.rr.com

ReIIiK
08-03-2002, 08:18 PM
what the hell, you think modelers have to time to send it out to anyone who just asks? why the hell can't you wait till its avail for download like the rest of us, are you special or something?

sorry for going off but this "e-mail it too me" crap has gone on long enough.

wolfgangpuk
08-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Sorry if i offended you.

ReIIiK
08-04-2002, 04:32 AM
damit you had to reply like that, now I feel bad :(

All I'm trying to say is: The model will be released for download and you'd be able to get it from jediknightii.net or jk2files.com.

Goreld
08-04-2002, 04:42 AM
OK I think I'm done with everything, this should be released tomorrow (Sunday). I'll playtest the finalized version, then send it to jkii.net and polycount.

ronbrothers
08-04-2002, 07:09 AM
Looking forward to it!

Xyphox
08-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Sweetness! Good job! I'm going on vacation today for 10 days though. So, I won't be able to download this, or Jedimod 1.2 untill I get back. Oh well, I'm kinda obsessed with this stuff, that's why I need a vacation.

Goreld
08-05-2002, 03:24 AM
Model sent.

AOD_SySsHoCK
08-05-2002, 11:53 AM
looks good, i also seen some pics you did with black on it, what is the black, armor or underclothes to the armor???
also would it be ok if we used your moddel for our clan leader (add patches to it) hes been dieing to get it for a long time.

Goreld
08-05-2002, 12:07 PM
As long as full credit is given for the model/skin, do whatever the hell you want with it. I'm sure there will be plenty of people making that would want to make their own skins for the model.

keo718
08-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Goreld, do you have a link one can download it from? It seems that Jkii.net nor polycount are updating. Actually, jkii.net hasn't updated for several days.

Lord Tnuc
08-05-2002, 04:35 PM
;.; I noticed that too. I can't stand it. Ever since last night when I looked and saw "should be sent by sunday" then "model sent" I have been waiting patiently right here...twiddling my thumbs..like the nerd that I am ;.; Those SLACKAS ;.;....Goreld...DO something ;.;...before this gets out ----okay, I'll stop sounding like a n00b now. Any way you can help out, Goreld? lol

Goreld
08-05-2002, 05:00 PM
I'll be posting a bunch of screenshots to tide everyone over; unfortunately, that's all I can do (I can post shots, but the guy hosting them (my roommate) says that posting the model itself would destroy his bandwidth and possibly make him lose his account). So everyone will need to wait, or pester the jkii.net staff ;) That means DON'T PESTER THEM (I was being sarcastic), unless you don't want them to post the model at all.

Lord Tnuc
08-06-2002, 01:14 AM
How big is the file? O.o; I normally wouldn't say "hey e-mail me the model" or anything newbish like that, but since you've released the thing, and jkii.net hasn't posted it yet, it's basically out there...just being screwed up the rear. ;.; ::Waits for the flaming to begin.::

nucular_jedi_14
08-06-2002, 04:23 AM
jus an idea

icepool
08-06-2002, 04:40 PM
Jediknightii.net sucks. Seriously I've sent them several of my skins now even my newest one I did with Psynex of ghost yoda and still these bastards havn't posted yet. And I thought that was bad and that was only a skin. You have one hell of a kick ass model and these bastards can't take the time of day to post it.

Goreld
08-06-2002, 05:08 PM
A link (http://skew.telefragged.com/rg/new) bursts out of Goreld's chest! Screenshots for everyone! (the slight lightsaber offset problem on the hand in these shots is fixed in the final version, so don't worry).

nucular_jedi_14
08-06-2002, 05:15 PM
post a link 4 download~

quamosity
08-06-2002, 05:24 PM
That is very impressive. And there are tons of variations on that model. I love it. Can't wait to download it.

Thanks for the pics

icepool
08-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Hey Goreld the model looks great. But I was wondering if we could see some frontal view pics of the imperial guard. I'm sure you already know how to do this, but if you dont all you have to do is go into the counsel and type devmapall duel_pit
Once your in the pit go back into the cousel and type
cg_thirdpersonangle 180
cg_thirdpersonvertoffset -20
cg_thirdpersonrange 0-whatever i believe its set at 80
cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset 20 this is not needed
I'm sure you already knew this though but if you didn't have fun!!!

StarViperPilot
08-06-2002, 10:01 PM
Excellent! Very nice screens. To bad jediknightii.com dosen't have it up yet but, better they have more than they can keep up with than none at all, right? After all, a Jedi must learn patience.

You wanna do Xizor next? (or maybe take a break you've earned it!;) )

Edit: They have put up some, but I agree send it to JK2Files.com.

Lord Tnuc
08-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Touche...patience is something a Jedi must learn....but not when nothing is happening. How about sending it off to JK2files.com or one of the other sites? ;.;

ExarDunnan
08-07-2002, 10:57 AM
VERY nice! I really like shot 58 (http://skew.telefragged.com/rg/new/shot0058.jpg)! It looks like they're fighting hand to hand (or rather saber hilt to saber hilt)! VERY nice (is there an echo?).