View Full Version : Anime Style Luke

XSnowfireX
05-04-2002, 11:05 PM
That would be awsome. Heres what I mean

http://images.dhorse.com/covers/s/swmrj1.jpg

I got the pic from Dark Horse's official site

hyrit
05-04-2002, 11:09 PM
Sweet...a Luke that doesn't look entirely gay. I tried making the generic Jedi skin into a cel-shaded looking one...I sorta got along ok, but my lack of talent restricted me from doing it justice...

Consider this post as another voice pleading and begging for this to be done. :D

PS: I love how, in true anime fashion, they packed the entire area around the 2nd Death Star with so many TIEs that it'd be impossible for them to even move without crashing into each other. :P

John Solvis
05-04-2002, 11:49 PM
I like that pic. You know, the more I look at anime-esque pictures, the more I think of how much of a pain the hair would be. I'm not quite to that level yet. heh.

hyrit
05-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Exactly...I was about halfway or so through making the cel Jedi, and the hair made me go absolutely nuts. Not the whole body of hair so much as where the hair meets the skin...that's the part that requires a good bit of skill...and "a good bit" is far more than I have.

John Solvis
05-05-2002, 03:18 AM
We'll just have to keep trying though. :) I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

XSnowfireX
05-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Come on, give it a try, it doesnt have to be "perfect", that might only be for the final version

hyrit
05-05-2002, 11:10 PM
It's easier said than done... And like I've said before, I'm the LAST person who should be skinning. There are plenty of skinners out there who could do it far more justice than I could.

PerfectSky
05-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Well... I am making a Anime-style-skinpack for jk2 with mixed Anime characters.. maybe I should include that Luke ?

John Solvis
05-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Hmm... It would fit an anime-style theme, that's for sure. I'd download it. Make sure to let me know when you complete it though. :)

PerfectSky
05-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Sure thing. :D

IŽll post in the forum when I am done with it... Or atleast get a screenshot.

Xenoeye
05-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Well... I am making a Anime-style-skinpack for jk2 with mixed Anime characters.. maybe I should include that Luke ?

Yes.:D
Also good luck, anime in 3D isn't that easy.
One of the best examples Ive seen though is Xenosaga.:cool:

PerfectSky
05-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Well... Xenosaga looks good.. I just hopes it is just as good as Xenogears... I love that game :)

John Solvis
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Curses... Everyone has played that game except me. I REALLY need to catch up on my console gaming.

PerfectSky
05-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Well.. IŽd recomend Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger aswell.. they are kickass games :D

hyrit
05-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Know who needs a model? Musashi... No, not the historical one! The one from Square's Brave Fencer Musashi. Why, you ask?

The bizzare chibi style? Nah.

The dual swords? Nope...not possible yet anyway.

The hair? Oh hell yeah.

http://www.geocities.com/hyrit_rane/musashi.txt

Oh, and here's a little funny stuff for ya. http://www.themushroom.com/mush0120/musashighost.html

nucular_jedi_14
05-12-2002, 05:23 PM
how about some dbz skins that would kick major a**:lsduel:

PerfectSky
05-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Hmm... I donŽt know.. Maybe a trunks skin .. WeŽll see..

Artic Blade
05-12-2002, 10:31 PM
i think the only dbz skin that would be cool (or work for that matter) is trunks. and for 3d anime skins, check out Oni. you might even be able to tear some skins out of the demo for reference. (check gamespot for the demo). too bad i cant say anything about console games, too expensive for me.

by the way, who is this :evanpiel: Evan Peil?

John Solvis
05-12-2002, 11:28 PM
I really like the idea of Oni skins. I remember playing the demo, and I was really disappointed to find that the game had no multiplayer option. Also, I dunno about the DBZ skins either. I personally don't have a very high opinion of that anime. And I'd assume that hair would be just as hard to do as anyone else's. Curse the evil hair problem.

nucular_jedi_14
05-13-2002, 01:25 AM
i don't know about oni but does anyone know a site with a large aray of skins? screw the dbz idea :D

PerfectSky
05-13-2002, 02:54 PM
hmmmm... as I said, there might be a trunks in the skinpack.

There might be Oni aswell..... But I am trying to make a Iria skin (from the anime with the same name, it is soooo cool)

[Zeiram!!]

John Solvis
05-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Iria? Whoohoo! :D That's the anime that more or less got me really into it all. First anime I ever actually sat down and watched (it was on Sci-Fi), first anime I ever bought, and as luck would have it, first anime poster I ever got too. Geez, I like your taste, PerfectSky.

Darkhold X
05-13-2002, 04:34 PM
lol the first time I saw iria was on scifi too. (I have it on DVD now:D ) That would require a new model though probably. That one model on I believe cheshire's site looked like her armor already.:)

hyrit
05-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Well...I could go on all day about anime characters that'd be neat to see in JO. A-ko Megami, Vash the Stampede, Squall Leonhart...but you know who would almost make sense? Zero, from the Megaman X games. I mean, he uses a ripoff of a lightsaber anyway, right? :P

Darkhold X
05-13-2002, 07:57 PM
there is a half decent zero for Q3 out there. But I wouldnt mind a better one for JO.:D

striderx2048
05-13-2002, 09:21 PM
how about minituarize Gundams with there beam sabers. hah

John Solvis
05-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Squall isn't technically anime, Hyrit. He was only drawn in CG. ;P But good ideas anyway. I like the idea of A-Ko and Zero. Hmm... I'm actually kinda surprised nobody asked for Eva skins yet. I also think Slayers and Sorcerer Hunters have some good characters to make skins of. But once again...stupid hair. There needs to be some sort of program out where you can make your own hair to replace the current stuff. That would make a lot of this much easier for those who want to skin these things.

hyrit
05-13-2002, 09:58 PM
I say all Final Fantasy characters are anime, no matter how they appear in game. Squall fights a tank with a sword. If he's not anime, what the hell is he? :P

I don't think hair would be that bad...what you need to do is find someone who draws anime-style in real life, so they can tell you just what goes into it. I mean, technically anime hair should be easier to do than realistic hair. Of course, without new models you couldn't have any Gokus or Cloud Strifes.

Really the only tricky parts would be where the hair meets the skin, and you may just be able to make a few lazy spikes of hair here and there...but it still requires a bit of artwork.

But who wouldn't want to see an anime redheaded Japanese schoolgirl running around with a lightsaber? I mean, it's an internet nerd's dream! :P

John Solvis
05-14-2002, 03:57 AM
Who wouldn't want to see an anime redheaded Japanese schoolgirl running around with a lightsaber? The one who'd rather see a purple-grey haired Japanese school girl in an Akagiyama 23 power suit...with a lightsabre. :D

PerfectSky
05-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Hmmm.. Dunno about FF-character.. But I will appearantly make one or two Suikoden characters..

And I canŽt convert any q3 models for JO.. I donŽt have the skills.
and a Zero skin with the default models would suck.