PDA

View Full Version : I must be a total idiot

Anakin_solo2nd
05-05-2002, 04:08 PM
I have tried everything i can think of to make my skin work right, i even modified kyle's original model_default file and my skin still wouldn't show up. I can veiw it in modView and i can see my icon in the mp player setup, but my skin never shows up. My last idea was to uninstall the game, re-install it, mke my skin again in .tga format, modify my model_default file, and try again. NO LUCK! I've read the totorial about 5 times, I'ved looked at the other threads with the same problem, AND STILL CAN'T GET IT!!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!:( :( :(

Anakin_solo2nd
05-05-2002, 04:15 PM
my skin is of a 'godly' figure and i wanted to make him glow. I noticed that when u get a 'force boon' u glow and i was wondering if i could make it so my skin glowed like that all the time.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chiss Lord
05-05-2002, 08:59 PM
LOL cool! I'm not sure how you could do that though.

BradFu
05-05-2002, 11:30 PM
My guess is that you haven't packed it into a pk3 file yet. It must be in a pk3 file before the game will load it.

BradFu!

The Truthful Liar
05-06-2002, 03:03 AM
Anakin:

Are you loading your game with Pure Server "OFF"? You have to make sure that SV_Pure, or pure server is off otherwise non-original skins cannot be seen or selected.

(I really hope that's it, I can't see any other reason for it.)

Cheers ;)

The Truthful Liar
05-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Oh and about the "heavenly glow". No clue as of yet on how to accomplish that, sorry :(

Anakin_solo2nd
05-06-2002, 08:25 AM
thanx for your help i think im gonna try that.

noaxark
05-09-2002, 08:52 PM
i don't know much about skinning, but if you look at the files for Morgan, you can see that there's an image that has something to do with the "ghostly-glow" he has. Maybe if you experiment a bit you might figure out how to use it...

Nanodagiardino
05-09-2002, 09:01 PM
The glowing thing on morgan is an effect called SHADER. If you want to make glowing effects and the like you need to turn to shaders. I won't go into details, but you can find a lot of tutorials out there that explain shaders and some effects you can "easily" add to your skins and textures(maybe the JKII editing tool have a readme about them). But shaders are a serious texturing tool and personaly i don't see the need to use them..... yet!