PDA

View Full Version : Whats ya favorite DH Series?

ESE_Sithlord
08-25-2001, 07:38 PM
Name ya favorite Dark Horse Series Comics

1st)Sith vs. Jedi (Very Intresting and Great!)
2nd)Star Wars Trilogy (Very Good)
3rd)Vader's Quest (Good)
4th)Dark Lords of Sith (Very Good)
5th)Tales of the Jedi (Pretty good)
6th)Jedis Quest (Good)
7th)New Jedi Order (Okay)

What are your Favorites and how do ya rate them which is ya favorite?

Rogue15
08-25-2001, 08:11 PM
I only read bits of these:

Crimson Empire
Dark Empire
Shadows of the Empire

not sure if you'd call them a series tho...and what's w/everything ending in empire?!?!!!?

BeastMaster
08-25-2001, 08:26 PM
Dark Horse Comics tend to be either very good, or very bad.

Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Monthly, Jedi vs. Sith, and Unions were among the best, while Dark Empire II, Empire's End, and Crimson Empire rate very high on the suck-o-metre.

And of course, Star Wars Tales has a special place in my heart. :)

BTW, Vader, What do you mean NJO? The only comic Dark Horse has published set in the NJO-era is the Chewbacca miniseries, that follows Vector Prime.

There's about a one-year break after Unions, then VP, then Chewie, then the NJO series novels all back-to-back.

<small>Presumably it's sometime during that one year that Kyp Durron undergoes a major personality change.</small> :rolleyes:

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: BeastMaster ]

ESE_Sithlord
08-26-2001, 12:08 AM
Well ya right I guess but ya can Order NJO onlne from DH and the ones i got I ordered and tell ya the truth they arent the best but oh well.

WHorst ones would have to be..

Wrath Squadron two Series and Crimson Empire I and II

BeastMaster
08-26-2001, 05:53 PM
I just realized; it would've been more than one year between Unions and NJO.

The Solo twins were born in the Thrawn Trilogy. The Hand of Thrawn takes place ten years later, and Unions happens shortly after (be generous and say a year later), so the twins would've been 11 when Luke was married.

In VP, Jaina is 16 years old (IIRC) (and by EOV II: Rebirth, she's 18, which means that NJO has already gone on longer than any other chapter in Star Wars history, except for the TPM-RotJ arc).

Checking the timeline in the NJO books, I see that there are actually five years between HoT and NJO. the comics aren't counted, and the Young Jedi Knights series takes up the two years immediately prior to NJO, making the twins 14-15 (and Anakin 13-14) when they happened.

All of which means that if Zekk, Tenel Ka, and Lowie don't show up in NJO, there'll be Hell to pay. Especially now that the writers are suggesting Kyp/Jaina sparkage ( :mad: ).

ESE_Sithlord
08-26-2001, 05:58 PM
The Sagas after ROTJ Some are Kick ass some just plain arent that intresting.

Thats what I like about DH and their Novels ya never know whats going ot be good or bad.

Zell Raider
08-27-2001, 10:20 PM
I like:
Tales of the Jedi (ok)
Shadows of the Empire (good)
and
Heir to the Empire (Best)

ESE_Sithlord
09-01-2001, 04:04 PM
Those are good I read them like twice there good enough to read them a third time.