PDA

View Full Version : Jango and Boba Fett

BloodRiot
05-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Well I finally decided to put a thread on this forum as well.

Well.. here's some up to date info.

Model already tested in-game. Some minor animation bug fixing left to do.

Almost done with Jango.

The Skin is being made by Absath and it's almost done as well.

When Jango is finished I'll make modifications to make Boba as well. After Jango is finished it'll probably take very little time for Boba to be finished as well since it's just a matter of adding and removing some accessories.

Boba's skin is too already under way by Absath.

This is the Latest screeny so far. Stay tunned for an in-game picture soon to come.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/teaser.jpg

B0MBER II
05-06-2002, 12:56 AM
a
w
e
s
o
m
e

cabraswel
05-06-2002, 01:06 AM
That looks top notch, man. The proportions look dead on (which is something that's almost always screwed up on a Mandalorian model). My only complaint is that the texturing is very flat. Is there any chance of getting a subtle chrome effect on his armor (like Barney in Half-Life?)? And if not, maybe a little more shading around the edges of the metal?

Sorry, don't mean to pick on it! I really really am looking forward to using this model! :D :fett: :D

Darth Matrix
05-06-2002, 01:28 AM
is it just me, or does the skin look plain? no offense, it just seems a little bland.

Dark Cloak
05-06-2002, 01:34 AM
That's because Jango Fett's armor is different from Boba Fett's. It's not bland, it's accurate.

Darth Matrix
05-06-2002, 01:37 AM
What I meant was, the texture of the skin looks under-detailed. Don't get me wrong, it's a great model, but the skin textures seem a little boring.

Sirus
05-06-2002, 01:51 AM
How Long Left till The Release of Jango and Boba, A week, 2 weeks also will you be releasing the level with Slave one in the backround with the two Fetts :fett: :mob:

BloodRiot
05-06-2002, 02:01 AM
If ya want to talk skinning it's absath you wanna talk to. I'm just the modeler here :)

But I can assure you that that skin is not the final.
Absath is just trying it in game to get the right brightnes s for it since the game engine alters the lightining a bit. Also He's gonna work out the shaders which will add a lot of extra detail.

This model is not yet completed so i'd just like to say that your opinions would be correct if this was supposed to be the final version of the model... but it's not. So just stay tunned for updates

Release date: Still unknown... when it's Done :).

Darth Matrix
05-06-2002, 02:14 AM
But I can assure you that that skin is not the final.
Excellent. :)

Absath
05-06-2002, 04:04 AM
yup, any questions about the skins can be directed to me on the general editing thread. for any that dont know, we'll be releasing a package deal that will include:Jango fett, Boba Fett, and two other mandalorian warriors and very possibly a map with Slave I in it. Each skin will feature taunts, bot support and CTF colors

for in-game screenshots, check out the boba thread in the general editing forum.

-Abs

BS - soundwave
05-06-2002, 09:25 AM
Great work man, thats the best Fett model I've ever seen.

You got the dimensions just right :D

Landflyer
05-06-2002, 10:32 AM
It looks good except for one tiny detail....Jango looks a little thin. He should be stockier me thinks ;)

DarthFreak
05-06-2002, 11:23 AM
Very good model and skin guys! Just a question.. what is this thread supposed to do, then?

bliv
05-06-2002, 12:40 PM
It's good to see the inclusion of two other skins for variety.

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 12:53 PM
i just cant wait

cabraswel
05-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Hiya. Great work so far. Just a tiny little request. For one of the "other 2 mandalors" how about Jodo Kast? His armor would be older looking like Boba Fett's, but with drastically different scarring and orange markings instead of red.:D

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 04:41 PM
that wud need a new model
i think they r doing jodo kast with the boba model
he puts bobas name to shame in "twin engines of destruction"

Lord -=[FBF]=-
05-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Nice! Just a few questions tho:
1. What program did you use? 3DSM or gmax? Or something else entirely?
2. What are you using for the animations? I thought you had to use SoftImage, but is there a cheaper alternative? Or are you rich enough to fork out for it?
3. How long did this take?

GRIMLOCK
05-06-2002, 04:56 PM
looks great thus far.
only complaints is he looks like a cartoon and some of the modeled in detail is.. flat. but then agian considering the backpack i guess thats only natural :p

Nookie
05-06-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing Raven are offering you jobs at this moment in time..

Your skin is great, of course - once it's released, you two will get a lot more demands for SW skins, but at the moment, this own0rz. I agree with Darth Matrix though, it may need a little bit more detail.. it just seems to bright for Jango Fett.

Ledenko
05-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Maybe it is a little too bright, but you have to remember that it will look different in game... It will probably be smoother and lighting on it will be different...

Luuke
05-06-2002, 07:56 PM
i have no doubt, that when Bloodriot and absath think that their models are ready to be released, they will be absolutely perfect.
i haven't seen many modders that pay so much attention to detail. and making nearly every step of their work public in the forums is something, i wouldn't do, because some people are never satisfied and verbal attacks instead of productive criticism can really kill your motivation.
so thank you guys, for everything you did and do to get this fantastic models to the community.

BloodRiot
05-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Well, The Jango model is practically done. I dunno what more can be done to him. Now all that's left to do is making a copy of the file and make the necessary changes so it becomes Boba.

The animation has a few minor bugs that will only be fixed if their too visible in game. That will be determined in the beta tests.

Those bugs are nothing more that a lil clipping in the arms(only with the saber... other weapons dont cause this as far as I noticed.)

I've tried changing the skeleton assigning but that changed little. The effect was the same and the some tests that corrected it caused other errors in turn which were by far more visible, like huge deformities in the shoulders and shoulder pads, like the shoulderpads streching far too much.
I'll go by the law of the lesser error prefered. If in the meantime and on future models I learn more on this and know how to correct it, I'll post a revised version.

I'll try to set up a beta test by tonight, and if the model passes the tests it will be posted for download very soon.

Lord -=[FBF]=-
05-07-2002, 03:39 PM
what tools are you using for the animation and model?
and whats the build time so far?

krizalid_snake
05-07-2002, 11:04 PM
:fett: :fett: :fett: dood lookin good......hope ya finish soon..i posted a thread bout if n e one is gonna or made a model of jango or boba...well lookin good dood....peace:fett: :fett: :fett:

Arco
05-08-2002, 02:49 PM
although the skin is very acurate at the moment it seriously lacks any decent shading. I know that jk2 does a lot of shading ingame but really if you want it too look just that little bit more realistic get some decent shadows in there. Also it is very blurry atm (i don't know whether you will add details later absath) but since jk2 has the ability to have bigger texture sizes than nearly any other game (up to 1024 in some cases) there is no excuse as to why the skin doesn't have sharp, crisp lines everywhere. On the whole though it is an amazingly welldone model (in terms of looks) and the skin is coming along very nicely, please just do a LOT more work on it.

ArCo:deathstar

mrlove
05-08-2002, 04:00 PM
dont want to be rude man, but i looked at the skin from starwars galaxies and this looks like cartoon or something hehe nice thou

rut-wa jodar
05-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Can we expect to be able to download Jango & Boba fett B4 episode II is released next week (that would be nice :D)

Luuke
05-09-2002, 04:07 PM
damn, i'm only a few days offline and find this threat at the bottom of the page. shame on you :D
okay, well the model seems perfect to mehead-body proportions are extremely well done!!! Boba's texture is amazing, absath.
Jango is looking good as well, but the armor could look more metallic, that would make him look ... hm, can't find the word. (in german you would say Arsch-geil!!! or something like that)
Impressive, guys, most impressive!!!

SEPtIc cHiLD
05-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Alot of you guys seem a bit unsure a bout the jango textures, I agree that in the pic the sky blue/white armour looks a bit crap, but is is only a beta pic. I've seen a bit of Absaths skinning, he posted a few maul skin pics a while back, and beleive me Absath is the man. His skinning is top notch. Please no more comments bout the colours or lack of detail, have faith in Absath. I'm certain the final model is gonna be peachy.

AKPiggott
05-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Jango's armour does look plain like that though, get some in-game lighting on it and you will see him in his true awesomeness... keep the good work coming guys....

Arco
05-10-2002, 08:28 AM
hmmmmm. No you are wrong. Ingame lighting will make a bit of a difference but really there needs to be MUCH more definition and detail.. it can be done due to the LARGE texture size. and yes absath is a good skinner but his stuff is still only a little above average. I really do love the skin so far it just needs more work and i am sure absath knows what he needs to do and is more than capable of doing it.

hope that didn't sound to narky... i am only really trying to help.

ArCo

Absath
05-12-2002, 03:22 AM
well im a tad bit dissapointed. you're judging my skill as a skinner on a work in progress that was done three weeks ago? have any of you actually taken a moment to go to the general editing forum and look at the latest updates? here ill save you a trip:

http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/Jango.jpg

(for some reason the board [IMG] code says its off, so you'll have to either click the link, then clich refresh or go in the address bar, or cut and paste the link)

dont make final judgements on art in progress. is a pencil sketch better than the final product after its been colored, painted or inked? not usually. skinning is art, and in the same sense, it is a process. the picture you saw linked to above was merely the beginning of the work. the placement of colors, armor and wrinkles etc.

i dont think im the best skinner, but i would prefer my work to be judged on the final product.

-Abs

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 04:30 AM
that i very very very very cool dude lol i just saw pic lol and i was like WHOA did he just copy a pic from episode 2 and say theres the skin lmao

rut-wa jodar
05-12-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Absath
well im a tad bit dissapointed. you're judging my skill as a skinner on a work in progress that was done three weeks ago? have any of you actually taken a moment to go to the general editing forum and look at the latest updates? here ill save you a trip:

http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/Jango.jpg

(for some reason the board [IMG] code says its off, so you'll have to either click the link, then clich refresh or go in the address bar, or cut and paste the link)

dont make final judgements on art in progress. is a pencil sketch better than the final product after its been colored, painted or inked? not usually. skinning is art, and in the same sense, it is a process. the picture you saw linked to above was merely the beginning of the work. the placement of colors, armor and wrinkles etc.

i dont think im the best skinner, but i would prefer my work to be judged on the final product.

-Abs

I think you have done an excellent job :D And it will be an honour to use the models when they are released (hopefully on or B4 episode 2 premieres) :D :D :D :D

Luuke
05-12-2002, 08:22 AM
WOW, this new picture of the Jnago skin is really looking fantastic.
nice reflections!!! makes the armor really looking metallic.
well, it's very exciting with Jango and Boba nearing completition and Vader released.
gonna try vader in-game now...
you're doing such great models and skins, Blood and Abs.
i'm looking forward to your Maul!!!

Star ReaVeR
05-12-2002, 08:29 AM
:fett::fett::fett::fett::fett::fett::fett::fett::f ett::fett::fett:

Freakin COOL

Dark_One
05-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Like i said before gimme gimme gimme. Then i'll show those bounty hunter wannabeeeeee's what a real bounty hunter is all about.

AKPiggott
05-12-2002, 08:58 AM
I can't get the image to work, anyone else having this problem?

Arco
05-12-2002, 10:19 AM
hmmmm. I am sorry if i offended you mate. I was just making a point because you might have gone the way raven did with their jk2 skins and done flat shaded crap with some texture overlays. I did say that you were probly going to add in the shading but about the sharp details how would you do that if you didn't do them in the first place? To me it seems like to much work to go over the whole skin again. Also that link you posted doesn't work for me and I REALLY wanted to see what improvements you have made as i am sure you can do them.

ArCo

DarthFreak
05-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Holy God, i'm going to cry.. that model is Freakin' Awesome! The shading detail is huge, i love it! :D
Absath, I'm not homosexual, but I think i'm lovin' you! :)

Dark_One
05-12-2002, 03:45 PM
When will they be here. Please tell us :rolleyes:

mindgam3r
05-13-2002, 01:12 AM
ok, fyi what you've done so far looks great, can't wait ill it's released, but i have a few things i'd liek to throw into the wish bowl. animationwise

-when either of them force jump, make their jetpack go off since they don't really force jump
-when they pull, make a zip line formt he armor pull him towards, sicne they don't really use the force
-things scuh as this, i'm sure someone else can think of better things than me, i'm just trying to make your model the best it can be, hope i'm helping:)

ShogunBlade
05-13-2002, 01:43 AM
in reference to the last post.. *short giggle*... you want him to poop you a gold bullion too? lol those you suggest lol.. a whip line muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! umm bwahahahaaaaaaa... ok im sorry hehe that would be very time consuming
and i dont think he could make a whip line retract and shoot out because well he would have to create a new animation.. something that is very difficult to do and impossible if you dont have the tools

Luuke
05-13-2002, 06:53 PM
nearly 24 hours nothing new? well, i hope this is a good sign and you have just been busy... maybe with finishing the models and skins? anyway, take your time, just wanted to keep the thread alive.

Sata
05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
The model is absolutely brilliant.
Although i have a few questions.

1. Are you doing the Jango Fett, Boba Fett and Jodo Kast Colour schemes?

2. Are you doing two versions of Jango with the different jetpacks

3. Are you doing a version without any jetpacks?

Thanks for creating this miracle in itself.

Dark_One
05-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Will the jetpacks have the same animation that they have in q3. I mean when they jump a flame comes out of it. And when i fire a blaster will it come out of his arm?

Leagle
05-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Dark_One
Will the jetpacks have the same animation that they have in q3. I mean when they jump a flame comes out of it. And when i fire a blaster will it come out of his arm?

The jetpack will not have animations.

Dark_One
05-14-2002, 04:59 PM
That isn't very good to hear. It would make the models even better then they are right now. :(

AKPiggott
05-14-2002, 06:36 PM
How about for a quick additional skin you do Boba Fett in the same colour scheme armour he wore in the Christmas Special cartoon?

Ledenko
05-15-2002, 04:29 AM
*Holding two thumbs up, while actually bumping the thread ;)*

Neo Honor
05-15-2002, 12:26 PM
That is a sweet model/skin. Makes me want to see the movie NOW!! Sorry, I'll calm down now.

Dark_One
05-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Mmm when will they be released i need them to live ... to survive this stupid boring week.

Dark Cloak
05-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Stupid? Boring?? The week of Episode 2's opening, this is! ***** ******** THAT WAS BAD...sorry.

Dark_One
05-15-2002, 01:58 PM
I know but i can't go. Punished for bad rapport :(

Leagle
05-15-2002, 02:03 PM
I won't be able to see it for at least a week. I'm waiting for my mother to visit, (she's in england) b/f seeing it.:(

D'akt Sangwar
05-15-2002, 04:01 PM
it wud be funny if she came back and told u it was really good
:D

Leagle
05-15-2002, 04:42 PM
I would not be amused...

adillon
05-15-2002, 06:29 PM
hey guys, first of all i gotta say these models are incredible! i've been checking out this thread frequently, eagerly anticipating the release of the mandalorians. can't wait!

secondly, and i don't really know if it'll help at this stage in the game, but lucasarts.com has launched the website for the upcoming game dedicated to our friendly neighborhood bounty hunter ... complete with SCREENSHOTS!

check it out here ...
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/

hope this doesn't sound like i'm pimping anything, this is just more of an FYI for BloodRiot and Absath. but like i said, i don't know if it can help. i'm thinking you're beyond needing to see what jango looks like. it just shows some rear in-game shots of jango and is intended to whet everybody's appetite and get us all fired up to kick some @$$ with these legends.

keep up the great work fellas!

T-Dogg
05-17-2002, 01:29 PM
I... I just... I just HAVE to do this! This thread must not be forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BUMP*

Dark_One
05-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Finally 2 houres to go and then it's Aotc time :D Can't wait to see Yoda in action.

AKPiggott
05-17-2002, 05:49 PM
You guys got any status updates on either Jango, Boba or the Slave I?

AKPiggott
05-17-2002, 05:56 PM

AKPiggott
05-17-2002, 06:07 PM

Dark_One
05-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Look at the general editing forum. Absath just posted some screens :) And they look damn nice.

AKPiggott
05-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Sorry about the triple post... I've been having a million problems with this forum lately, I was lucky to make a reply at all.. let alone three...

Cheers for the info Dark, I'll go lookie.

Stormcrow
05-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Just a little request:

For Boba Fett's taunt, could you put the 'He's no good to me dead' quote that he says in Empire Strikes Back when Han is gettin tortured, please!

FANTASTIC model! :fett:

cabraswel
05-18-2002, 02:25 PM
I had planned to make a Fett model until I saw this fantastic one coming along. For his taunt, I thought it'd be great to say, "No disintegrations, MY ASS!" Probably a bit out of character, though..... :fett:

DarthFreak
05-18-2002, 07:17 PM
eheh

Reggie
05-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi Guys,
I thought the Jango Fett model is not finished yet but i just saw a screenshot whit this model. Is there a Beta version to download or so? Where can i get it? Please inform me by email: mail@nipade.de

Here's the pic I mean! (http://www.jediknightii.net/jediknight2/images/vader_sithlord.jpg)

:jango::jango:Sorry for my english but Im german!:jango::jango:

Kranckor
05-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Yeah I came in here to question sith about that screenie.

B0MBER II
05-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Seeing how you got that from this forums main page, read what he says

He is beta testing the model with the creators

Luuke
05-19-2002, 11:39 AM
whe i saw the latest screenshot of jango fett i sat in my chair staring at my monitor full of awe for the godlike mods you created!!!
this condition lasted for about two minutes, and when i realised how soon i can play with it i jumped through the room happy like a little child!
well, the point of this is:
whatever i tell you, i can't tell you how much i appreciate your work and how happy you made me with this models!!
THANK YOU!!!!!

illOgic
05-19-2002, 06:41 PM
i would love to skin this model, if you are willing to release the mesh files.