PDA

View Full Version : lightning in new patch

HandsomeDan
05-08-2002, 02:31 AM
Disclaimer: I usually lurk so I know how people react to whining. Though I do disapprove of what I have seen so far, I have tried to make this post as unwhiny as possible.

Ok last night I played quite a few duel games (as they were the only type of game up at the time with low ping for me) and to my surprise I was doing really well. I went undefeated for about 10 matches on a server with 3 fights in each match. Prior to the patch I wasn't that great at duels. I don't know if my opponents were just starting out or had a hard time getting used to the new patch, but I was doing really well.
Today I joined a FFA game with sabers only and to my dismay I could barely get a kill. I died so quickly from lightning. I was probably considered a heal whore because I would usually just max that and some basic forces out in the previous patch. With heal being nerfed and all, I just realized how tough the lightning is. Does anyone else notice this differance as well? Was it like this for people who didn't use heal in the previous version? All I would really like is some feedback on the questions. Thank you for your time.

Mr. White
05-08-2002, 02:43 AM
It is tough, the only way around it is absorb and run like hell if you're low on force and health.

Woodster2003
05-08-2002, 02:45 AM
i think it takes a little too much health or armor at a time. But thats just my opinion.

Pvt_Dancer
05-08-2002, 04:17 AM
Can you shove someone who is using lightning? Or will they just auto-counter?

perkz
05-08-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Pvt_Dancer
Can you shove someone who is using lightning? Or will they just auto-counter?
Yeah - you can, it interrupts them temporarily i think, they're also defenseless against it (ie. it won't auto-block or whatever it normally does)

-Perkz-

Hateplow
05-08-2002, 04:25 AM
I only got one godamn question: Where is Mr.Scream?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA! !!

GB_StormTrooper
05-08-2002, 04:40 AM
A good way to counter lightning is by draining there force power and then gripping the hell out of em, that way they cant push you away. ;)

Pvt_Dancer
05-08-2002, 04:42 AM
With the patches higher drain cost I find the drain/grip-the-Hell-out-of-them tactic to be harder to carry off.

GB_StormTrooper
05-08-2002, 04:48 AM
Yea thats true, in a way Im glad because Im sick of everyone draining me :p