PDA

View Full Version : Never ending Chasms/ Wanna make some big black holes!

aazell
05-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Hi peeps

I've been toying around with some map design but I can't seem to find a trigger for the never ending fall type death. Ya know what I mean?

In the greatest of star wars traditions every map should have a never ending hole in the ground with a small walkway over it.

I've managed to make triggers that hurt you when you land on them (not kill but hurt, How do I set the dammage?) but can anyone tell me how to get that wonderfull scream as some poor bastard is condemed to death in a big black hole.

Oh and I'm having a bit of trouble finding the function for force feilds.

Give us a hand please..

Aaz

yrean
05-08-2002, 09:45 AM
to make someone fade die.... in your pit....make black fog.... add a trigger hurt with a value of -1 i beleive.... that will do what your asking.

The Truthful Liar
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by aazell
Hi peeps

I've been toying around with some map design but I can't seem to find a trigger for the never ending fall type death. Ya know what I mean?

In the greatest of star wars traditions every map should have a never ending hole in the ground with a small walkway over it.

I've managed to make triggers that hurt you when you land on them (not kill but hurt, How do I set the dammage?) but can anyone tell me how to get that wonderfull scream as some poor bastard is condemed to death in a big black hole.

Oh and I'm having a bit of trouble finding the function for force feilds.

Give us a hand please..

Aaz

umm... us..? :eyeraise:

aazell
05-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Yes you!!!

Help me you SOAB!

I demand you help me right now!

aazell
05-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Oh and how do I alter the properties of triggers, entities, stuff?

Can't seem to find a properties window.

yrean
05-08-2002, 10:22 AM
there isnt one....
you highlight entity or such..a light for example.... and in entity window..press N... put in light where key is..and a like 200 in the value box..then hit enter...
you can change radius and all other options like this for the individual entitiy you highlight.

aazell
05-08-2002, 10:42 AM
thanks mate

I've just read the faq at the top of this forum. I'll stop being lazy from now on.

thanks again for your help.

aaz

The Truthful Liar
05-08-2002, 10:48 AM
*applauds yrean* :cool:

yrean
05-08-2002, 11:00 AM
APLAUDS Legion...