PDA

View Full Version : Give us fists!

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Boo! New patch, stupid old Stun Baton!

You can get Kyle to punch in SP after some work. Why can't we punch in MP? I don't want that lame little cattle prod thingie. I wanna slap people about, not zap them. If I wan't to zap them I'll use lightning. The Stun Baton is just stupid. It is lame. Fists are great! We could have Jedi boxing! We could all have a big mosh pit online!

Everyone with me?

fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsetc...

CupO'Coffee
05-08-2002, 03:40 PM
i'm with you on this one, wtf has the stun baton got to do in the game anyway? kyle is a hard boiled merc, so why can't he fight like one with his bare fists?... ok, might be a bit unlogical when he strikes an armour wearing stormtropper down with his bare fists... but nevertheless, i want em back!! they had style

Anox Kleevah
05-08-2002, 03:48 PM
I miss the fists too... (and that nice hit sound :D:D:D!!!)

FistsFistsFistsFistsFistsFistsFists

Perra27
05-08-2002, 04:45 PM
yeha me too its should be really cool if he can kick also.

Ęcouldent someone do a mod or somthing ? like kungfu pain to Max payne that mod rocks!!:)

if some one yhat does mods looks here try to do a punch and kick mod

Mr. White
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
I like watching them fry with the stun batton

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Well, then vote on "both" anyway!

:D

hyrit
05-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Know what'd be even neater? If they implemented fist blocking...it'd be like a saber fight, only with barely any range and less damage. But oh the sound would make up for it...

*CRACK*

SaberPro
05-08-2002, 06:17 PM
What about spinning heel kick? :D

And yeah I like fist over stun batons :)

Grets Sirob
05-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Fists would definetly be cool! Oh, and CupO'Coffee, Kyles got these hands that are really callosed, so he can hit stormtrooper armor without getting hurt, see? And, uh, how do you get fists?

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hyrit
Know what'd be even neater? If they implemented fist blocking...it'd be like a saber fight, only with barely any range and less damage. But oh the sound would make up for it...

*CRACK*

OMG OMG OMG that would be kewl! With one or two extra animations for the blocking. Simple ones would do, like just covering up your face with both arms for instance. Then you allow it to only block other incoming fists.
Has the potential to be utterly hilarious!
They should get the sounds from JK1 for the hits, loved those...

Smack! Crunch!

They should make a Jedi Mosh Pit mode... fists only and push and pull only work at point blank range and always knock down. Fall over and you get trampled! Then just add some really fast music! Would be EXTREMELY funny!

And, uh, how do you get fists?

In SP you have to fill in a bunch of things in the console. It is described somewhere in the back of the forum. You might have to look for a while but it is worth it... Nothing like pulling those Stormtroopers and then smacking them up!

CupO'Coffee
05-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Grets Sirob
And, uh, how do you get fists?
a good question, one i cannot answer. there's only one person that can answer you: kyle
how about asking him what happened to his fists (did you ever see his fists in jk2?)
and btw, lightsaber doesn't count, because imo he doesn't have a lightsaber in his hands, he has got a lightsaber with attached hand which he simply stabs into the holes in his arms

everbody got that? :)

hyrit
05-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Only thing that could be cooler than fists would be...

Shoryuken!!

Heh... "Super Jedi Outcast Figher Alpha 2 Fifth Impact Special Edition Turbo: The Movie Championship Edition"

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 09:13 PM
"Super Jedi Outcast Figher Alpha 2 Fifth Impact Special Edition Turbo: The Movie Championship Edition"

LOL, why the hell not?
But seriously, we all need to "whine" and send E-Mails to Raven to get the allmighty fists back into the game! It is our duty! Maybe if we ask really nicely they'll put in the block feature for some boxing action.
Sabers, guns? Rubbish!

Fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists !!!

geronimo27
05-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Nill the Mean

LOL, why the hell not?
But seriously, we all need to "whine" and send E-Mails to Raven to get the allmighty fists back into the game! It is our duty! Maybe if we ask really nicely they'll put in the block feature for some boxing action.
Sabers, guns? Rubbish!

Fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists !!!

Or you could just get up off your butt, learn how to code, and make yourself a nice little a Karate/Ninja mod, since that's what it sounds like you guys want anyway: fist fighting, fist blocking, kicking, spinning heel kicks, shoryukens, etc.

:)

hyrit
05-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Here's the thing...if Raven makes it, it'll be well done. If we make it, it may or may not be.

This whole fists debate has been going since before JO was even released...one of the first questions asked was if the fists would be in it...and they said no right then. Let's face it..people LIKE to get their knuckles stinging.

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 09:45 PM
lol, I don't have time to learn how to code. I have other things to do than that. But putting the fists in is easy, I presume. The animations and coding already exist... just needs to be transferred to MP and made selectable. The blocking feature is something else. That would require a certain degree of knowledge that I unfortunately don't have the time to gather. Fists and maybe fistblocking would be very nice for JK2...
Lets not think about kicks or anything for a while yet. That can be in a mod sometime.
Let us focus on the task at hand:

FISTS!

:p

Scarlet Widow
05-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Yeah i really want fists back too, but instead of using another punch for the Alt attack how about making it a kick? So Primary attack could be: right punch, right punch, left punch (just as it was in the original). i really like the fist blocking idea too.... that was great fun getting in fist fights in Jedi Knight :)

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 10:14 PM
BUMP

GreyJedi
05-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Yes, I would like to see fists. The stun baton just doesn't seem right.

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Cannot... resist... must... make... shameless... BUMP

Nill the Mean
05-08-2002, 11:22 PM
We need fists! Come on people! Cry out your need for fists here! Let it be heard!

Kurgan
05-08-2002, 11:25 PM
I love beating up Stormies in SP.. I call it "taking prisoners."

Boxing matches were a great activity in JK/MotS as well.

I'd love to see it as an option to replace (or in addition to) the Stun Baton in MP. Heck, UT had "Chainsaw Melee" mutator, a similar thing there. It's fun! ; )

Blamer
05-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Well, you'd need to have that badass fist punch sound from Dark Forces, not the squishy sound from Jedi Knight.

WHACK!! (http://pws.chartermi.net/~jblamer/PUNCH.WAV)

Nill the Mean
05-09-2002, 09:04 AM
The poll is going good! Come on, cast your vote for fists so when Raven sees this thread they can't help but put them in the next patch.
I'm not letting this one go, we need the fists!

Nill the Mean
05-09-2002, 10:02 AM
More votes!
Please... :(

GonkH8er
05-09-2002, 11:15 AM
guys.. fists are in there :)

try messing with weapon numbers over 10 :)

its the gran melee weapon you know :)

thats all u get for now. go find it lol

ShadowCell
05-09-2002, 01:33 PM
Yes, fists are fun! Which is why I use the code and run around levels like Kejim post slugging Stormtroopers.

Nill the Mean
05-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Once again I... BUMP

Aoshi
05-09-2002, 04:55 PM
you know what would rock even more? a fist block. Imagine using one hand to block the arm of a person who is about to swing his lightsaber then swatting him with your own.. sheer ownage :D

Dvlos
05-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Personally I would like to be able to bind a button to BUBBLEGUM.

Yes.

If the person gets too close, and at the right moment, I use the force to spit out a piece of gum onto the opponents lightsaber, causing it to stay stuck on the OFF POSITION!! OWNA>KSJDLASDNMAS>DMASD!!

Seriously fists would be fun too.

Scarlet Widow
05-09-2002, 07:40 PM
i BUMP now :)

The Truthful Liar
05-09-2002, 07:59 PM
It would be interesting to incorporate a fist-fighting manuever system (iether as a next patch or mod) like in the screenshots of the upcomming Indiana Jones Game...

oh yeah and...

fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfists

Cheers ;)

Grets Sirob
05-09-2002, 11:34 PM
What the heck, I'll bump this. But please, how do you get fists? I bumped it, please answer. Oh yeah and fists are very cool! *CCRRRAAAACCCKKKKKK* *WHAM!* *SMASH* *CRUNCH*

TrUeFoRcE
05-09-2002, 11:42 PM
hell yea fists are awsome, ide rather have that than a huge stun baton...did u see the size of that thing in kyles hand? its bigger than a lightsaber, also when ur stripped of all ur weapons itd be kinda obvious that kyle should resort to some punches and kicks.....

Nill the Mean
05-10-2002, 12:26 AM
Sadly I don't remember how to get the fists... You can get them in SP by scewing around with the weapons you have. When it works primary fire makes one arm hit, alt-fire does the other. That is all I remember. I only tried it once and now I forgot the console commands cause it was quite a while ago already.
Anyone remember them?

Nill the Mean
05-10-2002, 01:54 AM
le bump

TiE23
05-10-2002, 04:15 AM
Give me fists, or give me death!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Grets Sirob
05-10-2002, 08:31 PM
I'll bump again because I see no answer to my question. So, I'll ask again. How do you get fists?(anyone can answer, you don't have to be the administrater:))

DocUK
05-10-2002, 10:35 PM
The first rule of Jedi Fight Club is "You do not talk about Jedi Fight Club"

Damn you, you ruined our secret community of secret fist patches. No more Jedi Fight Club. Now what am I going to spend fridays doing?

Thanks a lot :/

DocUK

Nill the Mean
05-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by DocUK
The first rule of Jedi Fight Club is "You do not talk about Jedi Fight Club"

Damn you, you ruined our secret community of secret fist patches. No more Jedi Fight Club. Now what am I going to spend fridays doing?

Thanks a lot :/

DocUK

LOL, believe it or not we already did this in AvP2 months ago. It was seriously funny.
Jedi Fight Club... with fists... sounds like I will never have so much fun with a melee weapon again! Sabers are cool and everything... but beating someone down is just so much more hilarious!
I'll bump again because I see no answer to my question. So, I'll ask again. How do you get fists?(anyone can answer, you don't have to be the administrater)
Yeah, how do you get the fists again in SP?
Someone answer our pitiful cries!
I want to go around in god mode beating everyone up :D.

Nill the Mean
05-11-2002, 12:48 PM
el bumpo

Drunken Ewok
05-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Yeah I'd much rather have fists.

:ewok:

Nill the Mean
05-12-2002, 01:20 AM
de bump van de dag

GonkH8er
05-12-2002, 02:43 AM
i guess u wanna know eh? :)

Nill the Mean
05-14-2002, 02:26 PM
You thought this thread was gone? Think again!

little bump

DarthBanana
05-14-2002, 06:28 PM
You Can get fists by typing in the console:
give weaponnum 14
and then type to select it
weapon 14
And yes, I would really want a Max Payne like Kung Fu mod. That would be awesome.
fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists fistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfistsfists!!!!!