PDA

View Full Version : ? The Multiplayer Saber Lock

lionknight
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know how to increase saber lock in multiplayer? I have played for about 10 hrs on mp and have yet to see one against bots. version 1.3

Abom|nation
05-08-2002, 05:16 PM
It's just one of those things that happens, sometimes it doesn't, occasionally it does.

What bugs me are the people that get the upper-hand by binding a turbo key to saberlocking so that they win easily, resulting me on the floor, resulting in one big red stance to the head.. Grrr..

Crusader
05-08-2002, 05:24 PM
I've seen it at tons practicing vs bots, it seems to rely on one or both sabers being mid swing when they touch.

I usually just forcepush and 3 seconds of hammering gets me teh win :)

Kuroshi
05-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Would it be better if saberlocking was more like rock-paper-scissors? I've always been a big fan of that game.

If Janken was an online game, there would be people that say Rock is the best, scissors is pathetic, and paper is overpowered.

Abom|nation
05-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Anything but tapping attack as fast as you can would be fine.. something like pressing the attack at predefined times, and whoever hits it first wins the upper hand... a bit like Parapa the Rappa ('cept that game sucked)

rut-wa jodar
05-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by lionknight
Does anyone know how to increase saber lock in multiplayer? I have played for about 10 hrs on mp and have yet to see one against bots. version 1.3

open jkmpconfig.cfg file with wordpad and search for this line: seta g_saberLockFactor

it is currently set at "6" you might want to enter a higher number It should increase saber lock probabilities

Kurgan
05-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Also, keep in mind that saber locks ONLY occur during Lightsaber challenge duels, or in Duel Mode, unless you're using some kind of funky cheats or something.

lionknight
05-10-2002, 10:35 AM
Any way to get the bots to accept or make more saber challenges so that there is more saberlocking.

CreamCow
05-10-2002, 12:05 PM
How comes, if there are 4 people on the duel server, you don't have two duels going on at the same time? I don't like being on a server with 8 guys 6 of which are waiting for two people to finish a 10 min long duel.

C'mon, seriously. Duels would be a lot more fun if the map started in a pool, where people got seaded and then they'd be eliminated as a double elimination bracket or something. Restart the map, restart the dueling.

It's BS that people have to wait as long as they do. Maybe just make you hit tab, click a persons name, ask them to duel, they accept, you fight to the death (read: Starsiege Tribes duel mod)

lionknight
05-16-2002, 11:15 AM
With so many factors able to be changed. There is no one who knows how to increase saberlocks or duels in mp without it actually being in a dual map?

K_Kinnison
05-16-2002, 01:10 PM
hey creamcow, i actaulyl ran into this

A server was being displayed as a Team FFA server, i go in and it is a 24 person Duel server, in which you need 20 duel kills to win a match.

no thanks, but i dont feel like watching over 400 matches to get a chance to play.

worst waste of bandwidth i have ever seen

Epyon9283
05-16-2002, 01:36 PM
It would be cool if there were like three dueling arenas in each level so 6 people could be fighting at once. It would go a lot faster that way.

acdcfanbill
05-16-2002, 02:06 PM
man, i was dueling on a LAN with my roomate, and holycow, we got sabre locks like, everytime we faced each other... it was getting annoing...