PDA

View Full Version : Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Nodata
05-08-2002, 11:52 PM
***IMPORTANT***

Please make sure you have "Allow downloads" set to "ON" in your game setup. We are going to implement the 1.03a saber mod, and in order for you to auto download it, you MUST have this option "ON." To turn it on, open the MP game, goto SETUP then GAME OPTIONS and turn AUTO DOWNLOAD "ON." That's it!

Here is a post that details everything you need to have to connect...so you don't have to wait for the server to download it all to you.CLICK HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=859150#post859150)The models ofcourse are optional, but the mod will be necessary.

We have a new Grappling hook enabled for the Mercs. Basically, you hold your USE button (not USE ITEM) and the hook flies off. When it connects to something, you are pulled towards it. If you fire it at a person you can pull yourself to that person, however, Jedi will block the hook like any projectile if they are facing you when it hits them. BIG THANKS to ASK for the grappling hook changes to Jedi vs Merc, and to making the grappling hook possible!!!

For those of you that don't know what Jedi vs. Merc is...let me explain. When you join the server it asks you if you want to be Jedi or not. Jedi can use force and get only lightsaber. Mercs can use guns and pick up items, but no lightsaber and no force. Oh, and MP dismemberment is on, so make sure you set your console. Set the console to /cg_dismember 2 and that should do it! So funny to see jedi hacking limbs off Stormies!!

"That's not the way to get aHEAD in life."
"He'll never be the HEAD of the Empire."
"Stormies are very HEAD strong."

Also, just recently I've disabled some force powers that should even out the playing feild. Here's the list of what is DISABLED:

1. Pull (to cut down on the PULL+backstab combo that is UNAVOIDABLE by mercs)

Also, I've just enabled this: g_saberghoul2collision 1
And DISabled this: g_sabertracesaberfirst 0
to find out what this does...go here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59082

yep, here's the IP:

209.149.233.136:28050

If I'm in there, I'm playing as "Chaff Da-Lan" so look for me!
wanna play?:cool:

Borf
05-09-2002, 12:07 AM
w00, good stuff mate :D

S!TH!NAT0R
05-09-2002, 12:19 AM
SWEET Lord Nadota!;)
.......Would it be possible for you to add the Clone_Trooper and Darth Maul Deluxe skins to yur server?
-Thanx, S!TH~:)

Father Ruckus
05-09-2002, 01:00 AM
now that was some fun ****, even though my ping was 325 :(

i was LiquidTaco, this game type is a blast.

Usurper
05-09-2002, 01:03 AM
I just tried it out,...pretty cool!

I was hoping it was team based though, like Jedi can only kill mercs and vice vera. Oh well!

Ten Tigers
05-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Usurper
I just tried it out,...pretty cool!

I was hoping it was team based though, like Jedi can only kill mercs and vice vera. Oh well!

It was working like that for a while, but then you get a bunch of dicks on line and they have to go mess it up.

I played by the rules for a while, till someone kept pull/heavy slashing me to death. I even warned him to stop. Fourth time I said f uck it, became a blue jedi and started spamming the lightning. Of course I ws the bad guy in all this.

It's a nice theory but the 1.03 patch puts mercs at a SERIOUS disadvantage.

You CANT roll. Your already scarce ammo is reduced in overall shots per round. And 80% of your attacks can be deflected without effort. Another 10% with a simple push, leaving... the emp secondary, and the repeater secondary.

You have no jump, and nothing to compensate for it. And can basicly be push/pulled/gripped/etc... without any counter.

It does work when everyone plays for fun, but like I said, this afternoon ONE person was being a jerk and it sent it 2 to 18 jedi favor. With ONE jedi (me) on the blue team we won by one point the next map. 19-18 Yay blue.

To be done right, this will require an actual MOD. Cause people just cant play nice.

Lord Nodata
05-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Ten Tigers: I was on there last night, when we went BLUE MERCS vs RED JEDI. My in game name is "Chaff Da-Lan." At any rate, it was fun as hell, and I learned a LOT about the Jedi vs Merc gameplay (which was my whole intention in setting up the server.) At any rate, I learned a VALUABLE lesson as a MERC. What was it?

MERCS MUST STICK TOGETHER!!

That's right. It's virtually impossible for 1 merc to take down 1 Jedi, but if you've got a pal shooting that Jedi in the back, while you shoot him in the face....it all seems to work out. Bottom line is, MERCS need TEAMWORK to win. And THAT'S something I like about the game mode.

GAME ON!

Zek
05-09-2002, 11:27 AM
Jedi vs Mercs isn't very well thought out because it's not supported by Raven in the first place. Hopefully they'll balance it out more(Mercs start with more guns, lots of ammo, etc) and make it a regular game mode eventually.

Demangel
05-09-2002, 12:44 PM
I am very glad to see someone went and did it!

Some ways to make it more fair?

limit how many can be on one team or the other... for example, say 4 jedi vs 10 mercs.

Also I am hoping someone likes my idea for a mod, and makes not only Co-Op mods, but also team based mods where each team has X number of bots...

I had come up with a few play types I will list here again.

Game play type 1:

Two teams: Either team can be Jedi, or mercs at will ETC (Mercs should be given something to equal them to Jedi in some way since these should ACT like han solo type characters, you know... heroes and villians, not just mooks)

Each team will have X number of spawns available say 150 (trust me you will want this many.)

Each team will have X number of bots on thier side (all Mercs like Storm troopers for the dark side, and rebels for the light side, will all the weapons available.)

Each team will have a base so to speak, this base CANNOT be penetrated due to some force field, this is where players and team bots spawn...

Just outside this door will be an ammo, and shield recharging station.

The map should be a minimum of middle sized... and as large as possible otherwise.

The bots will stay grouped somewhat, but all be as weak as thier SP counterparts, IE 1-5 e-11 shots to kill them, or one saber slash as well as other force powers we all know and love.

Jedi can use only saber and force, Mercs only use weapons and perhaps a few things to make them even... like boosted shields (starts at 50, normal max is 150, absolute max is 250), a purchasable booster pack for high jumps. things like that.

The bots will as I said stay grouped, but also follow the players in a certain way... hit your use key when talking to the group leader, and for example they will only go as far as you go, if you die they can only retreat or remain in position till help arrives (like your the new commander or something).

In this way people will be encouraged to get to the enemy bases to kind of camp the spawn room, however the spawn room should be easily defended somehow to discourage true spawn camping... perhaps mannable turrets?

When you span you can also only stay in the spawn room itself for about 10-20 seconds... this would discourage someone from camping where they spawned so as to never die.

Duels Should be allowable in this map type as with all others, however allow for multiple duels to happen at once.

Each time you kill an enemy bot you take away one of thier spawns... kill a jedi or Merc player, and you take away TWO spawns. thus the goal will be to lead your bots to good positions, and defend them while at the same time trying to kill as many enemy players and bots as possible.

Sound like fun? Well you can add to this idea if you like.

concept two:

Basically the same idea as the first one, but this time it is a kind of base capture map. There are say 5 bases on the map, like in tribes... Two bases are for the home bases... One for light, one for dark... these bases work like in the other version Except you can enter them at will... when you spawn you spawn in the home base . Bots will spawn and roam around as well, costing spawn points... they will act just like the other bots, Except that each base you take makes them spawn there... moving them works the same as well, just talk to the group leader using "E."

Each base gives you X number of spawn points per minute owned. Or just plain old points to your team score... Each base could have some form of defense, be it purely terrain defense (slits to fire your gun through), or turrets usable by players only. As well as ammo/shield replenishing devices.

to get say 10 points you need to capture the enemies home base... rules could be set up to make it so you might need all the other bases to capture a base, or none to keep it interesting.

thus this would also simulate a LOt of movie action just like the first one... 2-6 players per side, about 20-40 active bots per team at any time.

In this way Jedi and mercs could own bots, ANd eachother... Making the entire experience seem like just out of a movie (in the movies for example, the mooks die easy, but the heroes and villians die hard... thus the players would represent heroes and villians having epic battles with one another, the bots would be the mooks like storm troopers, and rebels who die if you breathe on em wrong.)

there could be a few other possible game types as well more or less in line with the ones already offered, however simply add in mook bots...

i plan on posting this in the mod forum soon, if you like the sound of this idea just say something and I'll do it... I'd make it myself, but I am too busy making a game of my own right now :rolleyes:

But if someone wants to make it, I would be glad to help in whatever way I can, from playtesting it, to textures, to even some minor modeling (don't have time to make whole maps though, but maybe some neat sculptures and what not to place around the map? Just don't know if I can import some 3d format into the editor of JKII or not... heheh)

anyway please respond if you like this idea, I'll be watching :)

D'akt Sangwar
05-09-2002, 12:46 PM
hmm i might go test this server out

Lord Nodata
05-09-2002, 03:37 PM
get in here and kill!:atat:

-Kztzphl
05-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Hey, could you give out the full IP address. I can't even find the server on gamespy or the all seeing eye... :(

Lord Nodata
05-09-2002, 04:26 PM
sorry took it down for a moment to set up dismemberment! so it should be up now. If you want to dismember, goto console and type /cg_dismemberment 100 and that should do it. Thanks! cya there!:D

-Kztzphl
05-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Oh I See :D :D
Yey! :D coming on!!

Vanor
05-09-2002, 04:31 PM
A couple questions for you all.

First off, does it work like the Jedi Master game type, where if you pick Jedi, you get all the force powers, or is it based on the players setup?

And how exactly did you set this up? I know it's a cvar, but heh that doesn't really tell me anything. I don't know much about setting up a server.

Lord Nodata
05-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Vanor
First off, does it work like the Jedi Master game type, where if you pick Jedi, you get all the force powers, or is it based on the players setup?

Nope. Bascially, when you get on the server (or any time you go into the "Player" screen) there's an option there for "Jedi = Yes/no". You set that to whatever you want, and if you pick "Yes" then you get the force points allotted to you (in the case of this server: Jedi Knight).

And how exactly did you set this up? I know it's a cvar, but heh that doesn't really tell me anything. I don't know much about setting up a server.

I'm pretty sure all we did was put it in the server config file. ChangKhan describes how to set it up (in a nutshell) in the sticky about "Patch Details" or whatever up above.

Vanor
05-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Thanks! :)

I think I'll see about setting up the SFA's server for a jedi vs merc thing. one other question, is it team based or can it be done in a FFA format?

-Kztzphl
05-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Hmmm. Just had a great game.
Sadly all the stupid idiots that don't know the rules start attacking their own team
Jedis attack Jedis and Mercs attack Mercs

God that pissed me off:explode:

(my name was [DJC] Priest85 btw)

DarthFreak
05-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Woohoo i'm coming behind you guys as a jedi :D

Lord Nodata
05-09-2002, 06:30 PM
one other question, is it team based or can it be done in a FFA format?

It CAN be done in FFA.:)

D'akt Sangwar
05-09-2002, 07:53 PM
just stopped playing on that server, what can i say, its great
i had about 6 games on it
when it was team ffa it was ebtter
2 hectic as ffa and sum ppl started going crazy and gripping everyone lol
but it was great
one of the best games i ahve ever had
im soo exited i cant go to sleeep
u dont understand how amazing it was :D:D:D:D:D
ill be playing whenever its up if i can

game name = [KoS]D'akt
hope to see u on it :D

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Whew TOO FUN!

Raven: I know the mode is unsupported, but just wanted to give you some feed back. There has to be something done to mercs, because they get owned in 1 on 1 vs jedi. If us MERCS stick together, then we can win...so, maybe a subtle change to mercs. Like only mercs can pick up shields (not the shield generator, but body shields). If you think about it, that makes sense as the Jedi in the movies didn't have shields, they relied on sabers to defend, and the force.

Anyway, too much fun!:D :D

:fett: MERCS 4 LIFE YO! :p

CrimsonFury
05-10-2002, 04:17 AM
Anyone know if there's a way to get bots to be mercs? I set this up on my own PC to practice and every bot was a Jedi. I tried picking the bots that wouldn't usually have sabers (eg imperial officer), and they still choose jedi :(.

I just wanna run around hacking up defenseless bots :)

striderx2048
05-10-2002, 08:13 AM
load the stormtrooper or lando
they dont use forces

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 11:29 AM
I'm taking requests for server settings. Stuff like max # of players and stuff. I want to know what most people like on the server. Sorry, NO Duel mode. Also dismemberment is ON, so if you get in there make sure you have it set up, or you won't see it.

/cg_dismemberment 100

game on...

D'akt Sangwar
05-10-2002, 12:12 PM
turn it on turn it on
i need my jedi v merc fix and i need it noooooow
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

D'akt Sangwar
05-10-2002, 12:16 PM
is there a limit to how many ppl can be one 1 team but using the nifo of how many are in the other team
eg: if there are 7 mercs and 5 jedi no more ppl can join jedi
cos just as teams get balanced everyone seems to flock to jedi
personally i dont mind being mercs, i never usually play with guns but its really tense and u feel good when u take down a jedi or manage to escape from one with ure life
this server is goooood
but u need to change the title from noname to sumthing
telling about red team = jedi and stuff
bye bye
-D'akt

ps. TURN IT ON I NEED MY FIX

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 12:19 PM
going up now...

Also RAVEN (if you're reading this): If it's possible to make an option that one team MUST be mercs and the other MUST be Jedi, that would be kewl. OR what would be better would be to have a cvar that would allow you to limit the jedi per team. That way we could have teams made up of both Jedi and Mercs, but the Jedi are more like guardians for the mercs...much like they were in the films.

ps..the server name has been changed to "Jedi vs Merc 1.03"

D'akt Sangwar
05-10-2002, 12:23 PM
ure my herrrrro nodata :eek: :atat: :band: :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :D

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 12:31 PM
having mouse trouble...but it WILL be up in a sec...:)

EDIT: It's up now!!:D

Skidrowpunk
05-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it was fun last night. But, unfortuantly, we had a couple of jedi ganging up on us, so, against the rules, i ahd to go jedi to help the mercs. Sorry Nodata :(

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 03:07 PM
No problem...when I'm there I try to enforce the jedi = red, merc = blue...thing. But it rarely gets done when I'm not there. I've emailed Raven with a request for something to fix this...maybe they'll respond...:D

D'akt Sangwar
05-10-2002, 03:10 PM
i tried i tried
i tried to tell them
waaaaaaaah

Vanor
05-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Lord Nodata
No problem...when I'm there I try to enforce the jedi = red, merc = blue...thing. But it rarely gets done when I'm not there. I've emailed Raven with a request for something to fix this...maybe they'll respond...:D

I poped onto your server lastnight, and must say it was a blast :)

There was someone there who was Very good at playing the merc, never got near a edge, stayed where the ammo was ect...

One sugestion though for the team setup. Put in the MotD or title or something what team is what.

When I joined up I just took a guess at what side was jedi and what side was merc, luckly I guessed right. But a msg of some sort might help some "Red=Jedi Blue=Merc" for example.

Lord Nodata
05-10-2002, 03:35 PM

I poped onto your server lastnight, and must say it was a blast :)

There was someone there who was Very good at playing the merc, never got near a edge, stayed where the ammo was ect...

One sugestion though for the team setup. Put in the MotD or title or something what team is what.

When I joined up I just took a guess at what side was jedi and what side was merc, luckly I guessed right. But a msg of some sort might help some "Red=Jedi Blue=Merc" for example.

I actually thought of that too, but I don't know the command for server message of the day...do you?

Vanor
05-10-2002, 04:11 PM

I actually thought of that too, but I don't know the command for server message of the day...do you?
No, but I'll see if I can't find out :) I supose there might not be one at all... but I'll see if I can find out anything.

edit:

Try this...

seta g_motd "Teams: Red = Jedi, Blue = Merc, please play accordingly"

San'en
05-10-2002, 09:09 PM
I want to try this out coz this sounds very cool but i didn't get to the game. What's the IP again and where do i enter the IP? Sorry to be so newbish. I guess that the server is always full eh?

SPY_jmr1
05-10-2002, 09:18 PM
r0x0r mode dude!

was on there the other day... under my SPY_jmr1 name.

was a jedi... remember the bitching about the maps? ugg....

was very fun though:D

Lord Nodata
05-12-2002, 08:35 PM
still up all weekend...cya there!:D

Smood
05-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Is there a way to modify the server configuration so the blue players (mercenaries) have no choice of saber or force at all?

Oh and I think you should get the vader model on there... it would be nice. AND WAIT FOR THE BOBA AND JANGO models!! The mercs will look insane in those suits. Imagine a jetpack mod aswell that allows you to fly in the jango suit!! *OH GOD*

digl
05-12-2002, 10:44 PM
I just played there, it was pretty fun, but you can see why it's not supported, it's pretty unbalanced and has some flaws.

When I started playing, someone asked why there was a blue guy with a saber, and I showed him that you could be blue and be a jedi. When I showed him this the rest of the players went mad agasint me and tried to kick me. I don't know if the people that was at that moment in the server couldn't read what I was typing, or they were plain stupid.

Anyway, after that it was pretty fun, of course there were some very annoying whiners, but it was a good game. (And considering my ping of 500 I did pretty good :cool: ;))
I hope Raven works more on this mode and support it in the next patch.

Ferox
05-13-2002, 12:45 AM
just played it myself... there definitly needs to be a way to make it so that mercs dont become jedi.

the game i played in half the mercs ran around with force powers and sabers/weapons. i actually had an easier time because all ive ever fought was saber people. this one guy named mr roper who stayed true to his side and was guns only did a number on me many times and we went back and forth the whole time. hats off to him.

Vanor
05-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Lord Nodata,

Did ya try what I found, and did it work?

Lord Nodata
05-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Yes...yes I did. And Yes...yes it did. Thanks!:D

Vanor
05-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Cool :)

I know next to nothing about setting up a deciated server, but I did remember seeing that. I didn't test it, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not :)

I'm glad it did.

-Kztzphl
05-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Is the server patched with 1.03?
I wanna go play a few games after doing my coursework :D

Lord Nodata
05-13-2002, 02:52 PM
it's patched, yes.:)

-Kztzphl
05-13-2002, 03:09 PM
it's patched, yes.:)
Thanks for the quick reply mate :D :)

Lord Nodata
05-17-2002, 05:41 PM
It's up again...now.:D

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
05-17-2002, 08:01 PM
I have a couple ideas for this game mode, so once we release the MP source code (which shouldn't be too much longer from now), I plan on possibly making a mod that makes team-based jediVmerc games have stricter rules and be a bit more balanced and fun...

digl
05-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Great news!, that mode will be great with a little more balance.

Thanks Changkhan :D

Lord Nodata
05-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
I have a couple ideas for this game mode, so once we release the MP source code (which shouldn't be too much longer from now), I plan on possibly making a mod that makes team-based jediVmerc games have stricter rules and be a bit more balanced and fun...

Awesome! Can't wait for that source!

P.S.-And if you don't code the jedi limit on teams, we will! ;)

SilentDark
05-20-2002, 10:03 PM
How do I connect? I tried adding the server to favorites, I tried typing connect 198.49.215.90 in console, and I tried entering the IP into gamespy. I can't get on the server. How???

SilentDark
05-21-2002, 06:25 PM
bump

Lord Nodata
05-22-2002, 12:58 PM
the server is up and down (depending on the schedule) so if you can't connect...simply it's NOT up. Also I'm editing my original post in this thread to let everyone know that the Vader and Boba Fett models WILL be allowed on the server!

normal
05-22-2002, 01:07 PM
To enforce teams, why not find (or program yourself), an adminbot which will have access to rcon so it can kick users that are on the wrong teams, ect?

Lord Nodata
05-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by normal
To enforce teams, why not find (or program yourself), an adminbot which will have access to rcon so it can kick users that are on the wrong teams, ect?

to do that, there would have to be a cvar or something that would keep track of who is a jedi and who isn't...and I don't THINK there is one atm...

normal
05-22-2002, 01:38 PM

to do that, there would have to be a cvar or something that would keep track of who is a jedi and who isn't...and I don't THINK there is one atm...

Damn! Well, this inspired me to port WAB to JK2 (http://www.baz.com/quark/software/wab/)

I'll see what I can do with it :)

normal
05-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Hrm, well, WAB can detect weapon usage (I think), if that's true, then it should be able to determine who is using a weapon and who is using a saber.

Lord Nodata
05-22-2002, 02:06 PM
NICE FREAKIN WORK! Tell me if you get it working!:eek:

So can you set it to say: Nobody on Blue should be using a saber, and nobody on Red should be using a weapon?

Also: See if you can set it so that it will only allow a certain number of Jedi PER TEAM. So maybe we could set the teams so that each TEAM has like 2 jedi, and the rest mercs.

Sithcloak
05-22-2002, 04:15 PM
The idea of Jedi vs. Merc is awsome the only prob is that no-one wants to be merc!
I was the only merc, and it was fun to go one on one with jedi the only prob was I had no mercenarys to team up with or learn from so I looked like an idiot to all the jedi running around.

The problem is the Jedi are ready from the time they start, the mercenary on the other hand has nothing except a bryar and his stun batton. They should give him at least the ST rifle if not more, its awsome when you can decide 'which gun should I use to destroy this jedi?' just like the jedi can in reverse with their force powers.

They should rename it to Jedi vs. Bounty Hunter and add a few more weapons and a jetpack or something, I'm thinking about creating a mod for this.

Balance is key for this to work.

Sithcloak

Lord Nodata
05-22-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Sithcloak
I'm thinking about creating a mod for this.

Balance is key for this to work.

Sithcloak

Way ahead of you...

Sithcloak
05-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Your creating a mod?

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the other posts, please forgive me for my 'newbieness' on the subject

Sithcloak

normal
05-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Hmm, from what i've read, someone has already begun a 'WAB' to 'JAB' conversion, i'm going to look into that, as well as continue my own project.

Lord Nodata
05-24-2002, 02:41 PM
keeping this thread alive...the server is up now...

any new developments on JAB?

Lord Nodata
05-28-2002, 02:02 PM
added details about Force power disabling to my original post...

Lord Nodata
05-31-2002, 06:46 PM
Up all weekend! Cya there!:D

Sithcloak
05-31-2002, 08:07 PM
I'll be there as soon as I can, if I can.

Sithcloak

Lord Nodata
06-03-2002, 01:04 AM
Still up...where are you lazy turds?:D

raziel_spawn69
06-07-2002, 09:16 PM
hey... great ideas guys!..... i have some comments

jetpacks MUST be in the mod..... they should NOT have limited fuel but instead they will fire for say 6 seconds then you need to land and wait till fuel is FULL ( not just a little or else the old bunnie tactic will occur ) take a look at the game "giants" to get an idea if you need...

i think the 2-1 ratio of jedi's to mercs is good...

the guy who thought up the base idea is almost dead on what i was thinking ( great minds think alike yet idiots seldom differ ) in that there should be
$h|tloads of bots to simulate the movies..... maybe .2 bots per jedi and .5 bots per merc

is there a possibility of vehicle coding? imagine the scene in ep2 where the yoda patrol shows up and saves the day? imagine that in the game.... yoda + 8 rebels show up in the yoda patrol plane and yoda sticks the bricks on his foot and drives away shooting ( bricks make up for pint-sizedness ) while the rebels go out and act as meat-shields for the jedi's?

defalc
06-08-2002, 12:10 AM
How do i connect using the ip? And what's the server name?

raziel_spawn69
06-08-2002, 10:49 PM
lets get a homepage for this mod up

Lord Nodata
06-09-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by defalc
How do i connect using the ip? And what's the server name?

to connect using the IP, just bring down the console (SHIFT+~) and type this:

connect 198.49.215.90

That will connect you if there is a free slot open. And as far as a homepage for the mod we are working on (the ERU's Team). It will be up shortly...patience...:D

Sithcloak
06-10-2002, 02:06 PM
I haven't been able to find your server. What is it called again?

Edit: Sorry just saw the above post.

Sithcloak

Lord Nodata
06-10-2002, 02:09 PM
it should still be up. Go into the console and type this:

connect 198.49.215.90

and that should connect you to it...

blah2k
06-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Do you have a server script so we can create our own mercs vs jedi server? My friends play lan often and would like to try it.

Sithcloak
06-10-2002, 04:57 PM
You know your servers great but no one plays on it, you need to do something to catch more attention like a tournament or something.

Sithcloak

Lord Nodata
06-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Nobody plays on it? you need to get in there around 6pm or 7pm CST...it's ALWAYS full:D

server script: yeah i can give it to you. Email me
nodata@planetavp.com

edinflames
06-10-2002, 06:43 PM
thats a lurverly server mate and i agree a tourney or sumthing wud get loadsa attention for ya.

:ben:VS:fett: WOOOOOOOOO

Bluezman
06-11-2002, 06:35 AM
I went to the server yesterday and it was fun.

However, I want to ask for some tactics here. It is probably just me, I never played on servers with guns, so I did suck badly... :D

I feel ashamed to say that, but the mercs owned me! :o

First I tried to rely on my experience from single player, only to find out, that blue stance does NOT block 100% of blaster fire. (Duh!)

Also, mercs don't go flying all over the place when using force push just like the stormies did :D

Since I played Jedi (light side) I couldn't use grip and was stuck with push (pull being disabled) as the only "offensive" force power.

However I found myself completely helpless with my saber, (probably also due to lag: ping around 200) I wasn't able to hit the guys with the saber. Saber throw resulted in me getting hit badly.

Next thing I had some fun with push and mindtrick. Using mindtrick to sneak up on the merc and push him off the ledge in Nar Shadaa. I can tell you it was a lot of fun, although it may seem sort of lame (I would never do this in a saber only game) but since the mercs were ruling the server I thought, ah what the heck :D :D .

Can anyone give me some advice how to go against gunners? Note: Pull was disabled so don't tell me about "pull the weapon from him and then kill him".

edinflames
06-11-2002, 01:00 PM
im setting up a server wid a few mates using jedi vs merc but whats code to enable jedi vs merc?

Lord Nodata
06-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by edinflames
im setting up a server wid a few mates using jedi vs merc but whats code to enable jedi vs merc?

im pretty sure its:

g_jediVmerc 1

cYbErDuD
06-12-2002, 12:57 AM
I just swinged by the server, great stuff dude! never had so much fun.

the funniest thing was when we were shooting a sith and he took a jedi and used him as a human shield and kicked all our asses.

or once, I was getting choked by a sith and 2 of my buds came and shot him in the back, and saved my ass.

heck, being a merc is fun!

the coolest moment was when we were 5 mercs and we founded a base, then we "ganked" every jedi that came in

good job dude! great server, its in my favorite list now!

some suggestion. add this to your list of server broadcast message(like that "Dark powers SITH only, light powers jedi only" messages that appear at regular intervals):
"All Mercs, use trooper skins with NO TEAM COLOR: like storm,swamp troopers, boba or jango fett, all the weapon using skins in the game"
"All Jedi, use skins with BLUE team color: every skin that uses a saber in the sp game"
"all siths use skins with RED team color: every skin that uses a saber in the sp game"

try to shorten em a bit, but it would inform people a lot and stop the confusion :)

good job again!

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
06-13-2002, 03:03 AM
The source code we released forces Jedi and Mercs to be on different teams if it's a team game. Also, Mercs start with more weapons. If someone simply compiled the MP cgame and game vm's and made it a mod, the Jedi vs. Merc mode would work better (though still unsupported!)

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 05:04 AM
The source code we released forces Jedi and Mercs to be on different teams if it's a team game. Also, Mercs start with more weapons. If someone simply compiled the MP cgame and game vm's and made it a mod, the Jedi vs. Merc mode would work better (though still unsupported!)

When's the next patch? ;)

TheSithLord
06-13-2002, 09:41 AM
on that site u gave for the darth maul mod, whats the user/pass/domain for the download?

Lord Nodata
06-13-2002, 01:56 PM

That's EXACTLY what we did on our server. However, we're not running the game on Team mode, since we really like dividing the teams into 3 parts. Jedi vs Sith vs Merc. But THANK YOU for implementing that suggestion! I noticed the Mercs starting with more weapons thing...AWESOME WORK! We're messing with coding a few more changes into the mode, and as always, it's available on our server...just set "allow downloads" to ON.

Hope I can see you there Khan!

Sith Lord: As far as the user/pass stuff for that site...I dunno, it was a personal site of someone else's. Maybe they got too many hits...:(

Bluezman
06-13-2002, 02:36 PM
That's EXACTLY what we did on our server. However, we're not running the game on Team mode, since we really like dividing the teams into 3 parts. Jedi vs Sith vs Merc.Is it just me or is anyone going either Sith or Merc anyway? Mostly it seems to be like 40% Merc, 55% Sith, 5 % Jedi. Hardly any Jedi there, I don't really see the point in distinguishing between those two.

I'd probably like Jedi vs Merc OR Sith vs Merc OR Saber guys vs Mercs better and then having it better supported by making it Team FFA. Although there are server messages that tell people the rules, you still find Sith with green sabers, mercs killing mercs and so forth.

Also it seems that Mercs always win because they rack up lots of kills by accidentally killing their teammates with all that secondary flechette fire. (I know, it is not about the number of kills but just about having fun, but still...)

Well, just my $ 0.02...

Lord Nodata
06-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Bluezman
Is it just me or is anyone going either Sith or Merc anyway? Mostly it seems to be like 40% Merc, 55% Sith, 5 % Jedi. Hardly any Jedi there, I don't really see the point in distinguishing between those two.

I'd probably like Jedi vs Merc OR Sith vs Merc OR Saber guys vs Mercs better and then having it better supported by making it Team FFA. Although there are server messages that tell people the rules, you still find Sith with green sabers, mercs killing mercs and so forth.

Also it seems that Mercs always win because they rack up lots of kills by accidentally killing their teammates with all that secondary flechette fire. (I know, it is not about the number of kills but just about having fun, but still...)

Well, just my $ 0.02...

You know what? ALL GOOD AND VALID POINTS.

Gryphcon
06-16-2002, 11:20 PM
I'd just like to say that that is one awesome server.

Also, could you include some new custom models. I like the Mandalorian one, but could you have the Darth Vader model (for sith), Lady Brena model (I guess for anyone really), and the Aurra Sing model (for merc). All these are great models.

Lord Nodata
06-17-2002, 02:38 AM
We have the Darth Vader model...I'll look into the other ones though...

Tyrion
06-17-2002, 03:05 AM
Can you also try to add the Tyrion model from asbath and bloodriot?'cause it rocks and,best of all, it has the same name as mine:)

BTW I have been on your server as Tyrion-aor.

Gryphcon
06-17-2002, 10:07 AM
You already have the Darth Vader model? That's strange, because it doesn't show up for me. I don't it's selectable for anyone else either, since I haven't seen anyone using it.

Also the Darth Maul model that was just released would be good too.

Tyrion
06-17-2002, 10:09 AM
maybe you're using the wrong vader model?I think there are a few different ones.

Lord Nodata
06-17-2002, 11:24 AM
The Vader model i have is called:

VADER_MP_MODEL.pk3
Found here:http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/jk2/vader/vader.shtml
See if yours is the same.

Lord Nodata
06-18-2002, 12:33 AM
bump to show grappling hook mod!!!:D

defalc
06-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey, can you add support for the Tyrion Model (absath and bloodriot), and ChesireKat's new Darth Maul? Cause the Darth Maul enable on the server is nice, but I prefere ChesireKats. :D

Tyrion
06-18-2002, 09:04 AM
That's 2 for the Tyrion model, and someone who plays on your server called Dark Trooper also wanted it on the server.

defalc
06-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Tyrion rocks.
PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSEEEE, support for ChesireKat's Maul model, it is so l33t!

Lord Nodata
06-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Ok I'll put both Tyrion and the other Darth Maul in tomorrow. :D

Ah Boon
06-18-2002, 09:37 AM
lord nodata, i dun want to sound tis as a flame but most ppl dun understand why they should not break the rules. when there is no admin, ppl will spoils others fun like siths kill siths, bs spam, or tking and other shts as well. Below are the rules that i think you should enforce:-

1. Siths Sabers = RED
2. No TKing!
3. DO NOT KILL PPL WHEN TYPING
4. Saber off = Peace

thats all for the time being and i dun ask for all of this because i suck and couldnt play the game well but its because its spoiling my fun on the server as well as others. thank you.

Tyrion
06-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Tyrion rocks.

yes,yes,I know I rock..:D

defalc
06-18-2002, 11:53 AM
How does the whole favourties thing work? Cause I clicked 'Add to Favourites' with the server highlighted but it didn't seem to do anything.

Tyrion
06-18-2002, 11:56 AM
I remember you Defalc.To put someone on your buddy list just press the buddy button below a post.

Bluezman
06-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Actually, Tyrion, I guess defalc meant adding a server to your favorites in the in-game server browser... :)

It probably worked alright, make sure you did the following:

- click on "Add favorite" when server is highlighted
- click on "Source" , you can toggle through "Internet", "Favorites" and "Local" >> set to "Favorites"
- Set "Game" to "All"
- Set "Game type" to "All"
- Set "View empty"/"view full" to "yes"
- click "Get new list"

This helped for me. It didn't show my favorites because I had selected the wrong game type or something.

If the server still doesn't show up, it is offline. Note that not all servers are up 24/7.

defalc
06-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks Bluezman :)

Lord Nodata
06-19-2002, 01:08 AM
Bump to show new Tyrion and Maul models...:D

defalc
06-19-2002, 01:22 PM
I noticed that instead of side+backwackward rolls you do cartwheels and the butterfly, how come?

EDIT: Okay, you enabled it, cool...how can I do this? I really wanna do this. ;)

Bluezman
06-19-2002, 03:53 PM
I just wanted to say that I come back to your server regularily. I get rather bad pings (150-250) although I have DSL because I am from Europe but it is just so much fun :D :D :D

So my compliments here. The grappling hook rocks, just a lot of fun to fly through the whole map, especially on Nar Shadaa :)
I noticed that instead of side+backwackward rolls you do cartwheels and the butterfly, how come?

EDIT: Okay, you enabled it, cool...how can I do this? I really wanna do this. I'd like to know that as well. It looks just so cool... I saw someone on the server yesterday and when I asked him how he does that, he just said "Skills". Duh.

*wandering off topic*
Some people just don't wanna share information. Same thing on another server where Dual Sabers were enabled without having to cheat for it. I read about it on the forums but I forgot the exact command. It was not THEDESTROYER but just "dualblade". So everyone runs araound with dual blades, but do you think anyone would tell me the command when I asked nicely?!?

They only said "Ill tell you but it cost you 100$" and "Its no cheat, you know!!!" Like I was complaining that they were cheating?!?! WTF, I even told them, come on, I know it is a mod I just cannot recall the command its something like "dualsaber 1" or something. I could go look on the forums..." They: "Well, then go cuz thats what we did, too." They wouldn't tell me for like 20 minutes or so until I figured it out.

WTF?!!? *******S!!!! :D :D

Funny was when I finally found out the command, I bound it to a key. So I could turn the dual blades on/off/on/off... So all of a sudden the guys were like "How do you do that?!?" Of course I told them "It'llcost you 100$ :D" Well, I told them afterwards...
*back to topic*

uh... anyway: nice servcer, really fun to play on :)

defalc
06-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Hm...it's part of the grapple mod, isn't it? Either that or a server command...:confused:
Oh, post the links to the Tyrion and the other Maul model, people in the server have asked about where to get it. ;)

Lord Nodata
06-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah, to do the acrobatic moves, I just replaced the side and backwards rolls with new animations. Just do those.

Also, I'm putting the wookie model on the server. And Possibly replacing the duel music. Also, I may have the server running Hydroball this weekend.:D

Gandel
06-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Hey chaff, what was wrong with server yesterday? it came down about 11 am est and still hasnt came back up.

Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 02:01 AM
should be back up now...and we're running Hydroball for awhile! lol:D

Gandel
06-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Dont see it

Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 02:39 AM
type:

connect 198.49.215.90

in the console...that should get you in if there are any slots open.

defalc
06-21-2002, 07:10 AM
Wookie! Raawwwg! :D
You should add Exar Kun and the Clonetrooper ;)

Chaff, you don't mind do you? I took the animations.cfg file from the grapple mod just so I can do the moves when I'm playing against bots and such?

Hm...better download hydroball...;)

EDIT: Hm...for your server, think you could add something to the grapple mod, so you start with your fists as well? (like in hydroball)?

Old_Ben
06-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Why'd you change the server to hydroball. It was fun at first but that game gets boring real quick. I was dissapointed when I couldn't play jedi vs Merc.

defalc
06-21-2002, 04:02 PM
It was fun, buit it did get boring after a while.
Although even when I got bored I still had some fun, eg:
When nobody had yet complained about force, I gripped the goalie of the enemy team just as he was moving to block a goal. :D

This one person...um...can't remember his name now, he kept attacking the goalie and whenever his team scored, he'd be all 'Yeah, we rule, you don't, blah blah', so I'd taunt non-stop to annoy him (for 15 minutes :D) and stopped when he got annoyed. I then chased him and tackled him from behind and taunted five times in succession...hella fun. ;)

Lord Nodata
06-21-2002, 09:29 PM
Ok, we took Hydroball down and put Jedi vs Merc vs Sith back up! Enjoy!:D

defalc
06-21-2002, 09:34 PM
Yaaaaayyyy! :D:D:D

Gandel
06-22-2002, 05:38 AM
Shameless bump :p :mob: oh yeah and Chaff the duel music isnt working. set it up to where it auto downloads it when you load server? or give site that has it on it so we can download it?:):lsduel: :duel: :ion: :saberb: :saberr:

something wrong with server ? its been down all day :( :fett:

Lord Nodata
06-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Duel music is hte ROTJ music...search jediknightii.net for it. Also, server's been down this weekend cause we did a LAN...be back up tomorrow though.:D

Lord Nodata
06-25-2002, 05:42 AM
it's up, and got the wookie model in there...too funny to hear chewie scream! :D

Lord Nodata
06-28-2002, 03:56 AM
It's ALIVE!!! ALIVE!!!! :gben:

Gandel
06-28-2002, 06:06 AM
no its not =/ its down

Lord Nodata
06-29-2002, 03:53 AM
Ok, she's up now, and we should have the crashing problem* fixed. It should be up all weekend...get in there and die!

*a combination of a drive that hadn't been defragged in about 6 months, a system that hadn't been rebooted in just as long, and a server log file that was a 27meg text file spread across the fragged drive, all lead to it crashing every 10 minutes.

KnightHawk420
06-29-2002, 09:13 AM
Since we're on the subject I just recently opened a Team FFA Server with Jedi v Merc Enabled.... Also Force Teams are also enabled so that red team can only use dark, and blue can only use lightside.

206.169.69.25:28080

It's called "jk2.lowgrav.org Jedi vs Sith Battlegrounds"

A backsweep rule is also enforced on this server.

Gandel
06-30-2002, 05:18 AM
server keeps disconnecting me every time I try to join. maybe need to reset it ? or something.

Captain Anarchy
06-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Here are some suggestions that the people at the jedi academy have come up with to balance the game.

1: Enable pull, but make it so it can only DISARM and not pull them towards you.

2: Enable throw because with that stupid grapling hook, all a merc has to do is find a place with a high roof, graple to the ceiling, and they are invincible.

3: If it were possible, this kinda goes with number 2, make it so all throw does is knock off the mercs grapling hook, but do no damage, because I hate having six mercs glued to the ceiling picking off all the jedis that are fighting eachother.

Gandel
06-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Saber throw is enabled.
btw you need to readd the broad cast data. it for some reason isnt showing.

Lord Nodata
07-01-2002, 10:20 PM
just added the Leia model...get in and play!

Also, Saber throw had been enabled since we added the Grappling hook for mercs.:atat:

defalc
07-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Yay! Teh Leia model! :D
Better add Yoda once they release it. ;)

Captain Anarchy
07-02-2002, 12:38 AM
I know, I noticed that throw was enabled right after I posted that.

Add the Exar Kun model, it's badass!

Captain Anarchy
07-03-2002, 10:13 AM
2 more suggestions:

1: RENABLE SABER THROW! It's damn near impossible to kill a merc that is glued to the ceiling without throw
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins!

Lord Nodata
07-03-2002, 09:17 PM
You know, I'm NEVER going to kick someone for type killing. For the simple reason that I'm sick and tired of running up to kill someone and BAM, they throw up a chat window and call me a type-killer.

Bottom line, it's a FPS, not a chat room. If you want to talk, then just spectate or hide somewhere...or TYPE FAST! :D

defalc
07-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Reanable sabre throw. I mean, on Bespin Exhaust shafts...they just hook up to the ceiling with disruptors...;P

Gandel
07-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Its ok to kill someone type killing out in middle of combat imo. but if someone (that you can obviously see is hiding) is typing he should be left alone, called common courtesy.
btw whys server down?

Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Thats what I mean, I was on ffa_bespin and I was type killed SIX TIMES and I was hiding every time, it was deliberate, and he gave the false excuse that I had type killed him when I didn't have any kills :rolleyes: Then when I told him to stop type killing me he just kept on saying "You type too much" and "You type killed me". Even when I had no kills, jeeze, isn't this guy a genius?

defalc
07-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Only 1 thing to do dude; next time, if you ever see him typing, sabre his @ss. :D

Gandel
07-04-2002, 02:24 AM
I'd just like to say.

being Bantha fodder sucks.

Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 05:24 AM
No, no, no defalc, I'm not going to sink to his level of lameness. That is just being a hypocrit dude, it's being stupid.

Gandel
07-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Website was updated. it looks sweeter now. be sure to check it out :)

Captain Anarchy
07-04-2002, 03:34 PM
The JvsMvsS serv has a webpage? LINK ME GODAMNIT! LIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

defalc
07-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Captain Anarchy
No, no, no defalc, I'm not going to sink to his level of lameness. That is just being a hypocrit dude, it's being stupid.
Well in that case, if you see him again, kill him properly? ;)

Lord Nodata
07-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Captain Anarchy
The JvsMvsS serv has a webpage? LINK ME GODAMNIT! LIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It's actually a mod for Jedi Outcast made by us (the ERU team), read about it here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64805

Gandel
07-05-2002, 12:14 AM
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins! - captain

I am now an admin. however I won't kick someone who type kills. its too hard to enforce and not against the rules.

grey_fox_001
07-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gandel
2: Get more admins in there, because I am constantly running into *******s who type kill over and over, and when I tell them to stop, the just say "You type too much, it's not my fault". Please for the love of god get more admins! - captain

I am now an admin. however I won't kick someone who type kills. its too hard to enforce and not against the rules.

Nice to see there's another resonable admin. The server only need more supervision. I try and enforce the rules as best I can while I am on there, but some people never listen. I would'nt mind being an admin btw if you're looking for fair people :D .

P.S.
Before I forget, Chaff, could you modify the grappling hook by makuing it so you cant hold on indefinatly? You could make it so you can only hod it for about 4 secs or even 0. That way it would require more skill to use and make the game funner for those playing.

defalc
07-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by grey_fox_001

Nice to see there's another resonable admin. The server only need more supervision. I try and enforce the rules as best I can while I am on there, but some people never listen. I would'nt mind being an admin btw if you're looking for fair people :D .

P.S.
Before I forget, Chaff, could you modify the grappling hook by makuing it so you cant hold on indefinatly? You could make it so you can only hod it for about 4 secs or even 0. That way it would require more skill to use and make the game funner for those playing.
Huzzah for Gandel Levant. :)

I'd say maybe 6 seconds, cause it's really evil otherwise, the mercs hook up to unreachable places and throw detas at you and stuff.

[JHQ]Inty
07-07-2002, 05:05 AM
compared to the advantages jedi have over mercs I don't think the grappling hook is a big deal. Leave it un-nerfed.

Gandel
07-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Nodata , get on AIM.

and thanks for the grats guys :) I'll do my best

[JHQ]Inty
07-07-2002, 09:27 AM
server is down :(

when's it going back up

defalc
07-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty
compared to the advantages jedi have over mercs I don't think the grappling hook is a big deal. Leave it un-nerfed.
So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.

Lord Nodata
07-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Server will be up MONDAY. Sorry, there was a power outage at the machine's location and won't be back in the office to reboot until Monday...:(

Bluezman
07-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Had fun on the server the other day. I was playing as a Wookie Jedi called Nam-Ze Ulb. Real nice situation on Bespin Streets, where a couple of Mercs grouped on the roof of a building to the left side of the landing Pad, giving all the saber wielders a hard time. I jumped there and pushed them over the edge. :D

I especially like about the server that can do these things that in a saber only server would be considered lame... :D

So great job there, Chaff, keep it up...

Gandel
07-08-2002, 03:24 AM
Chaff you lazy biznatch get on Aim without the away mesage :p :duel:

[JHQ]Inty
07-08-2002, 04:38 AM

So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.

YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.

defalc
07-08-2002, 08:40 AM
YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.
Erm, hello? Bespin Streets, Bespin Exhast shafts, Nar Shadda Streets, Nar Shadda Garbage Compactor, Waring Factions, Episode 1: Duel of the Fates. The mercs can grapple to unreachable places there, and to an extent they can on the Yavin CTF level.
1 or 2 sabre strikes in HEAVY stance. While swining, we get shot, quite simple, and I'ev seen mercs play very effectively using e-11's, which are blockable.

Gandel
07-08-2002, 09:03 AM
Im with Defalcon on this one. I believe the Grapple should be limited. and thats coming from someone who has been spending the last 2 weeks or so mainly as a Merc.. Lemmi tell you this though , Grapple isnt everything for a merc, anyone who played a Merc before it was added , will tell you , they were still badass. only difference is now they can take 2 Jedi (or 3!) Solo. thats why it needs to be balanced. you think Jedi's and Siths enjoy having to use Saber throw as their main attack? I dont know about you , but I sure as hell dont..

and I can name a TON of unreachable spots they can get up to

Bespin_shafts , (Up above the pipes) Bespin City (hook onto the walls) Nar Shaada streets , (the so called sky) Nar shaada hideout (the roof) Warring factions (omg plenty a places here.) Duel of Fates (wayyyyy up high on the walls) and other places. imo the Grapple hook was ment to allow mercs to get around easier. not to latch onto a wall and sit there and Snipe the hell outta people with a disruptor. :mob: :slsaber: :saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :ion:

Lord Nodata
07-08-2002, 11:11 AM
I think the grappling hook needs these changes:

1. There should be a delay in the time you can fire it repeatedly. Like maybe 3secs.

2. It should only STAY connected to the wall for about 5 secs at a time.

Gandel
07-09-2002, 12:30 AM
seems it wont be up till tuesday, doh!

[JHQ]Inty
07-09-2002, 02:59 AM
DAMNIT :mad:

you promised :(

Gandel
07-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Servers up :) sign on and have fun :mob: :lsduel: :duel: :evil5:

defalc
07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Problem there - only 8 slots! Make more. =P

Joben
07-10-2002, 04:32 AM
what is the ip adress of the server? JO has crappy sorting/filters?

Lord Nodata
07-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Problem there - only 8 slots! Make more. =P

Fixed, there should be about 12 slots free. GO PLAY!

oh and the ip is: 198.49.215.90

HellFyre69
07-10-2002, 05:28 AM
this might have been ask before... but i dun wanna read the whole thing just to find this out

where is this server located at? thx

Gandel
07-10-2002, 05:50 AM
IP is in my sig. if you ever want it just check there.
and I believe the server is located on the east coast somewhere. you'll have to ask Chaff as I forget where hes from :) maybe Alabama or something :p

DiscoFever
07-10-2002, 08:16 AM
I have a problem. Everytime I try to connect, it gets up to the part where I choose to be a Jedi or not, then it disconnects, and says Unable to connect.

I have Allow Downloads on aswell..

can someone please help me?

Gandel
07-10-2002, 01:19 PM
hmm weird. do you have the 1.03 patch? and it may have been a random glitch , its been known to happen when the server gets reset or other things. but I dunno I wasn't on much today.

DiscoFever
07-10-2002, 01:27 PM
I got it working, my program said auto download was on even though it wasn't...

but it's all good now

GO MERCS!

Lord Nodata
07-10-2002, 10:40 PM
IP is in my sig. if you ever want it just check there.
and I believe the server is located on the east coast somewhere. you'll have to ask Chaff as I forget where hes from :) maybe Alabama or something :p

ALABAMA!!??? HELL NO!

I'm from Memphis TN! heh

The server is in Mississippi though.:D

Gandel
07-11-2002, 07:07 AM
Chaff Check your pms.

defalc
07-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Woohoo! You're gonna have to update the server and the mod, but 1.04 comes out tommorow! :D So you won't need 1.03a

If the grappling mod requires changes due to the patch, I suggest implementing Tchouchky's scaling mod. Thus, when Yoda comes out the server will be ready for it, plus, people can have RGB sabres.
Although you might wanna disable the double bladed lightsabre and the extended length sabres. :)

Lord Nodata
07-11-2002, 09:55 PM
1.04 coming out! That's GREAT news! But I dunno how long it will take to get the Grapple mod fixed for it. :(

At any rate, we'll probably upgrade and run Jedi vs Merc vs Sith, but no grapple until we can get fixed. w00t!

Gandel
07-12-2002, 03:01 AM
welp im outta action it seems. if you want the reason you can PM me or e-mail me. wont mention it in this thread.

Lord Nodata
07-12-2002, 04:53 AM
Ok the server is up and it's patched with 1.04. YOu'lll need 1.04 to play on it now. Also the grapple mod is down till we make the 1.04 changes to it (or ASK does it for us)...cya there!:D

defalc
07-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Ok the server is up and it's patched with 1.04. YOu'lll need 1.04 to play on it now. Also the grapple mod is down till we make the 1.04 changes to it (or ASK does it for us)...cya there!:D
So, you did PATCH the server as well as getting the dedicated server binaries? Cause alot of servers only get the binaries and forget the patch, meaning it still plays like 1.03
Add JarJar! :D
EDIT: I just noticed something. Whenever I tried to join, I got 'Server DIsconnected'. So I enabled downloads, and lo and behold, I was required to download the 1.03aSDK. Shouldn't that have been REMOVED with the advent of 1.04?
Half of the servers aren't patched properly, this server, nobody can connect to this one because they don't think to enable downloads (not that they should have to anyway) and the others are for low pings only. :(

Gandel
07-13-2002, 05:26 AM
Bump for the sake of bumping

Lord Nodata
07-13-2002, 10:58 PM
It's patched correctly and is up and running. However grapple is not on it still. :(

Vange|us
07-14-2002, 04:34 AM
Man...I gotta thank you for putting this server up. I've not had good times like this in a while.

Last night there's me, the Merc, against 1 Sith and 1 Jedi. I pissed off the Sith, so I ran away. In a staircase corridor, I dropped 4 remote mines and prepared to run away so I'd detonate them under my Sith pursuer, until I ran smack into the Jedi. So I retreated across my mines, where I nearly ran straight into the Sith. So we're at a standstill. I'm between a Sith and a Jedi, standing on a pile of mines. That moment was beautiful. :D

Gandel
07-14-2002, 10:17 PM
bump bump bumpity bump

Gandel
07-15-2002, 04:48 PM
im back in action :) hope ya'll didnt miss me.

Rarrr server down . please fix!

mythren
07-16-2002, 02:10 AM
Mythren enters the room with a dazed, sort of humble look about him. He sits himself in a corner, takes a drink of the steaming liquid already on the table, and looks directly at you. Immediatly you know that this man knows more than you could possibly imagine (bear with me :D)...

He looks away from you, directly at the creators of this server (hope that wasn't you in the first place...if it was, he keeps on looking right at you) and says in a rugged - yet gentle - tone, "Thank you, you have given my life new meaning."

:D :D :D

I've played Jedi vs Sith vs Merc before...but none so appaling as this server...congratulations.

Gandel
07-17-2002, 05:23 PM
check PM's Nodata

Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Some of you already know that the ERU team (of which I am a member) is working on a mod for JediOutcast called Jedifortress. Well...the site for the mod has moved to:

www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress

This is GREAT because we're on the gamespy network now, and we'll have the means to distribute the mod quite efficiently. Update your links!:D

Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 09:35 PM
the server is going to be down for a bit today (we're finally going to get that crashing problem solved or DIE TRYING!) So...expect delays? ;)

In other news...we'll PROBABLY implement the Jedi mod today. (The recently released one)

raziel_spawn69
07-17-2002, 10:15 PM
hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits? that wuld be piMp|n my dogs werd yo in da house PEACE...

*slaps self with burning spatula and burns all facial hare off on purpose to make up for quereness*

so, where were we?

o ya if thats the mods its cool and also am I to understand ( or fail to ) that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

*repeats slap+burn procedure*

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?

mythren
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
I've been playing JK2 HARD on this server, and if it updates to the JediMod it'll just plain rock!

Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...

Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by raziel_spawn69
hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits?

Yes that mod.

that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

It's on FFA because it's the only mode where you can SIMULATE 3 teams fighting each other.

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?

Ask this HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64805) And I'll answer you. :D

Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mythren
Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...

Well, since we're implementing the Jedi mod, the grapple will be delayed until we can get the source for the Jedi mod. If we get the source to it, we'll just add the source from the grapple mod to it and biggity bam...:D

Gandel
07-18-2002, 02:58 AM
time to update your favorites guys. IP has changed. heres the IP address : 192.49.215.125

Lord Nodata
07-18-2002, 03:05 AM
the IP addy of the server has changed to 198.49.215.125 !!!!

Please update your server lists! thanks!

mythren
07-18-2002, 03:50 AM
raziel, don't worry...nobody on this server really !@#$'s around with the rules, because if they do, we kick them. (I say we as in the players...I've more than once called a vote on a Jedi that was killing other Jedi's and yelling "itz ffa u fag u kill everyone!" and stuff...they got booted :) ). The rules are followed, and it's a ton of a fun (it's JUST like playing with 3 teams...)

Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).

Lord Nodata
07-18-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by mythren
Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).

Not yet, but in the Jedi Fortress mod, that WILL be the case.

mythren
07-18-2002, 06:03 AM
We could try to enforce it heh...I mean with the JediMod (if, in fact, you're applying it) then anyone with a saber would be able to use double/dual sabers, right? Just ask Sith to only use single or double bladed, and ask Jedi to use only a Single saber or two sabers....

Just an idea...:)

Gandel
07-18-2002, 11:32 AM
amazing , I Just suggested that to him Mythren ;)

mythren
07-18-2002, 12:56 PM
amazing , I Just suggested that to him Mythren ;)

*ahems* Woohoo!

BTW: What's the new IP to the server? Nodata states it as being 198.blahblah.125

You (Gandel) state it as 192.blahblah.125

So...confused...hurting...bad....

Gandel
07-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Nodata is accurate. I mess up :p

mythren
07-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Alrighty, thanks!

Also, Gandel - you might wanna change your sig to reflect the new IP :).

Gandel
07-18-2002, 10:16 PM
I have no idea what your talking about ;) :p :burst1:

mythren
07-19-2002, 01:05 AM
..but...just...you....

Heheh...AH HAH! You're OLD post (the one in which you stated the new IP) has the old IP in your sig!

0wned. gg. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...I just made the 200th post on this thread - special me!

mythren
07-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Nodata...Grandel...I don't mean to be offensive or mean in any way, but some of your admins (or you yourselves) need to play on your server a bit more heh. Soon as it came up I joined it, and the NSO (New Sith Order) clan joined it...about 8 if them. I dunno if you know them or not, but they were completely abusing the rules, and there's not a whole lot I can do about it considering I was the only one there not a part of them.

I'd be MORE than happy to dedicate myself as an admin, as your server is the one I pretty much solely play on. I dunno if you're even considering adding more admins, but I'll list my experiance anyway :).

GM on official OSI shard for Ultima Online
Ran and Operated personal shard using Ultima Online
GM on popular EQ Server
Run and currently maintain personal EQ Server

It's not like I'm gunna run around banning and kicking people, I'll calmly explain to them the rules, and ask them to adhere by them. If they don't, I'll give them a warning and ask them politely again...if they still don't, I'll either apologize for what I must do and kick them, or give them yet another chance if they sound willing to try to follow the rules.

In other words, I'll be fair heh.

Again, you might not be considering this, but I'm just gunna offer my services anyway :).

defalc
07-19-2002, 01:44 PM
I think what they need are some admins who are in different timezones. Ie: All of the admins are basically in the same timezone, so when they go to bed...you get the idea.

Heheh, speaking of kicking people....
I don't normally smile when kicking people, but man that felt good.
Lol, that was sooooo funny. ;) Guess who that was. Muhahahahaha

Gandel
07-19-2002, 02:06 PM
that was me when I kicked EFP Jedi Sith, someone whom exploited maps. and Mythren I play quite a great deal. however, even admins need to sleep. but then...when I sleep , Grey's up, so he can admin . when im awake . 9 times out of 10 im on the server.

defalc
07-19-2002, 07:02 PM
EFP Jedi Sith? I thought it was that Jurrassica guy who had no reguard for the rules, flamed players, and said he didn't care if you were an admin but you blablablah...(insert cusses here)

mythren
07-20-2002, 04:44 AM
Like I said, I meant no offence heh, you guys do an EXCELLENT job; when you're there.

I usually play a little later in the evening and no admins are on...that's all :).

Lord Nodata
07-20-2002, 05:12 AM
mythren

Get on the AIM so I can give you the pOwEr!:D

Gandel
07-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Check PM's Chaff-da-lan

Gandel
07-24-2002, 01:57 AM
bumpage

Gryphcon
07-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Is the server down? Because I tried it and it seemed to be down. I played at this server a lot last month, but I guess the ip changed.

Gooey
07-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Nope server is still up, just got done playing it.

Few suggestions for admins. Is it possible to have another dedicated server running jedimod, or putting jedimod on the existing server? Everyone I just played was interested in the idea.

Second, the grappling hook. I *THINK* this server used to have it, but no longer. Could you put it back in for the mercs? Grapple was fun :D

thanks for the server and happy fragging

Gryphcon
07-25-2002, 11:05 PM
I try the ip in the signature but nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong??

Gandel
07-26-2002, 07:19 AM
Grapple will be back as soon as we can get it to work with 1.04

mythren
07-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Nodata, check your PM's please.

(probably doesn't need this...but!!!)

*Bump*

grey_fox_001
07-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Shamless

BUMP!!!!!!!

and I also want to make it to Pit Droid :D .

Gryphcon
07-28-2002, 10:37 PM
bump

Gooey
07-29-2002, 01:12 AM
I searched as much as I can...

can someone tell me how to start my own server running jedi vs merc??

Thanks

Gandel
07-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Ok. news. some new models are being added. which include (but aren't limited to) the following, you can get them from here the following sites (note grapple mod is being added back too soon..)

Vader 2.0 :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3951

Padme Amidala:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3967

FFA Sarlacc :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4129

FFA Large Sand Arena :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3348

Geonosis Droid Factory :

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3838

Roger : Battle Droid

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4134

note some of these may or may not go in. we'll see. just a heads up on some things you might wanna download before you sign on the server later ;)

Lord Nodata
07-30-2002, 02:33 PM
just a BUMP to let everyone know the server will be up in a few hours running our version of the grapple mod. (which includes extra jedi animations) We won't be running the Jedimod though because we've only got one server, and it can only run one mod at a time. So, until someone meshes the 2 mods together...we're stuck choosing between one or the other.

In other news: Jedi Fortress (www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress) just got some forums of our own, go check them out here: JEDI FORTRESS FORUMS (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board)

Lightning
07-31-2002, 03:14 AM
can you please sent me that grapple hook mod (i can't find that server but i whant that mod)

defalc
07-31-2002, 04:10 AM
just a BUMP to let everyone know the server will be up in a few hours running our version of the grapple mod. (which includes extra jedi animations) We won't be running the Jedimod though because we've only got one server, and it can only run one mod at a time. So, until someone meshes the 2 mods together...we're stuck choosing between one or the other.

In other news: Jedi Fortress (www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress) just got some forums of our own, go check them out here: JEDI FORTRESS FORUMS (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board)
Huzah for grapple! Pity about JediMod though, I wanted to use Yoda..
Have you added all teh cool new models Chaff? :D

Lightning
07-31-2002, 04:41 AM

Huzah for grapple! Pity about JediMod though, I wanted to use Yoda..
Have you added all teh cool new models Chaff? :D

jedi mod is on again (so i still don't have the grapple hook mod:()

Gandel
07-31-2002, 07:29 AM
models havent been added yet =p Chaff is a slacker!

forums are up now http://www.3dactionplanet.com/jediknight/jedifortress/board/

and you can connect to our server by typing

/connect 198.49.215.125 in the console

Lord Nodata
07-31-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Lightning

jedi mod is on again (so i still don't have the grapple hook mod:()

Make sure you're using the correct address for the server. We haven't been running the JediMod....:confused:

Gandel
08-01-2002, 07:43 PM
bump. updated successful all models and maps I mentioned are on the server now. now PLAY AND HAVE FUN :)

[JHQ]Inty
08-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Hi, some of you admins know me as the inty the merc, I'm always a merc on the server because it's a bit more challenging when fighting adverseries with more advantages than yourself.

Anyway, I wanted to get this out because as of late it's been bugging me. The majority of people, regulars and newbies, mostly always pick jedi rather than merc, and little old me and a handful of others are usually left outnumbered, with no one to even consider evening the score. Then when we, as mercs, do our class duty and kill jedi, they get angry at us because we are interrupting their dueling. This is just plain ridiculous. It's jedi VERSUS merc!!!

The most common rebuttal to this is that mercs have grapple and guns...therefore we are the stronger enemy and are not to be considered; despite the fact that jedi have swords that do 80% dmg on contact regardless of shields, force powers, more manueverability(especially now since gunners can't roll), and just sheer numbers! And they complain when we throw a bomb or 3 into their duels...come on people. Once again, I remind you--it's JEDI VS. MERCS....at least try to fight us without us having to come to you. You can duel in duel servers, or just about any other gamemodes[most]. This gametype is supposed to be something different, so try to be different.

Gooey
08-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Server is awesome

Keep it up and gluck on getting jedimod to work in it

JT Master Goo

Blues
08-03-2002, 11:12 PM
I think there should be a way to have Jedi on one team and mercs on another. Since it IS called Jedi vs Merc, and not Jedi vs Jedi or vs Merc. It'd be like that Forced-based teams cvar, except mercs would be included as a third team. That way the Jedi would have no reason to complain when a merc kills him.

BTW, I gotta try joining the server sometime. I usually use the name Auron.

defalc
08-04-2002, 02:42 AM
Hi, some of you admins know me as the inty the merc, I'm always a merc on the server because it's a bit more challenging when fighting adverseries with more advantages than yourself.
Yep, merc is alot of fun. :)
Anyway, I wanted to get this out because as of late it's been bugging me. The majority of people, regulars and newbies, mostly always pick jedi rather than merc, and little old me and a handful of others are usually left outnumbered, with no one to even consider evening the score. Then when we, as mercs, do our class duty and kill jedi, they get angry at us because we are interrupting their dueling. This is just plain ridiculous. It's jedi VERSUS merc!!!
Actually, it's Jedi VS Merc VS Sith. And if you think everyone picks merc, you're just there at a bad time. Heck, the other day there were about 7 mercs and 2-3 Jedi...
The most common rebuttal to this is that mercs have grapple and guns...therefore we are the stronger enemy and are not to be considered; despite the fact that jedi have swords that do 80% dmg on contact regardless of shields, force powers, more manueverability(especially now since gunners can't roll), and just sheer numbers! And they complain when we throw a bomb or 3 into their duels...come on people. Once again, I remind you--it's JEDI VS. MERCS....at least try to fight us without us having to come to you. You can duel in duel servers, or just about any other gamemodes[most]. This gametype is supposed to be something different, so try to be different.
80% damage reguardless of shields? LOL! Have you played with the lightsabre? 80 damage is practically a yellow finisher! And yes, shields DO block lightsabres.
Mercs can't roll, sure. They can just hook to unreachable places and snipe people with the tenloss.
As for the complaining, there are 2 people with sabres off, sitting off from the main fights waiting for 2 other people to duel and then, despite their asking for you to stop, you pick them off. That could be the reason they complain, although you have no reason to whine about this because you're all "Stop using mindtrick! Stop using sabrethrow! Stop using..." The reason there's a private duel feature in FFA mode is because sometimes people want to test their skills against each other without having someone come in and interfering. Thus, your argument about 'go find a duel server' is moot; oh hi, this guy connected and we want to duel so we have to find another server to duel for 5 minutes before coming back here.'

To quote Keyan, "Would you like some cheese with your whine?"

Gooey
08-04-2002, 04:38 AM
I am ALWAYS merc, unless the server is so unbalanced, then I go sith or jedi.

As far as pestering duelists, hey, a bounty hunter has to make a living right? :p

I do leave two people engaged in an ACTUAL duel though, but I am not sure dueling is enabled. It tends to just end the duel rather than give me a kill. It is also somewhat bad form.

Gandel
08-04-2002, 09:21 AM
as my old friends surname used to say. 'Qitzurbitzen' figure it out.

grey_fox_001
08-04-2002, 09:40 AM
as my old friends surname used to say. 'Qitzurbitzen' figure it out.

Hey! I figuered it out! :cheers:

Gandel
08-07-2002, 08:50 AM
update : server now runs jedi mod 1.2

however, OLD saber rules do exist..and theres one new one

Dual bladed saber= SITH only

Two sabers = JEDI only.

and be sure to change your saber color by going to setup an TCK saber mod. sith = REd still , jedi = whatever colors besides red

Gooey
08-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Yeah server is going strong. Constantly telling new people to change saber color from white to green or red or whatever color they need to be on, and not abuse the grapple and such.

Damn flying mercs perching on top of stages sniping people.

DiscoFever
08-08-2002, 02:42 AM
the servers down again, but oh well

just a question, how do you do the animations? the only one I know is /kiss but what are the other ones?

sexcellent
08-08-2002, 07:38 PM
yeah the server is down for me too right now but i cant wait to play on it. i am SO SICK of seeing these imitation jedi mod servers with this ++ crap. and whats really annoying is that i'll find a server with jedi mod 1.2 and they wont even allow jedi vs merc. and finally the one thing that is more annoying than that, is when i finally find a server with jedi mod 1.2, and jedivmerc and guess what... no grappling hook! this server is my only hope.

Gooey
08-08-2002, 11:25 PM
ok who tripped over the net cable and unplugged the server?!?!

mythren
08-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Need....server....now....

Gooey
08-12-2002, 04:07 AM
server still down...

jediknightii.net just went down...

whats next?

defalc
08-12-2002, 05:10 AM
Not sure, the server went down while I was ON it. :(

Oh, for those who don't know the server's added some more maps. Jango v2.0 (get from jk2files.com), Imperial Waste Facility and...um...that might be it, actually.
Just to save people the truoble of getting booted out because they don't have the map. *cough* I'll get you Gandel ;P *cough*

Gryphcon
08-13-2002, 06:34 PM
So the server is down?

Well, I always play merc, and about interupting Jedi duels...well...everything is fair game for a merc. But I don't complain about moves that Jedi and Sith use though either, such as saber throw and whatnot.

Gooey
08-15-2002, 06:46 PM
bink

server down again. I got on for about a minute and it poofed

grr

Gooey
08-16-2002, 06:52 PM
server is up and going strong.

any way we can get someone to post a list of models/maps?

few new versions of older models are out

Clonetroopers
Padme
Vader (cheshire version)
Battle droid (Roger)

and some that I dont think the server has installed

ladybrena (female maul)
royal guard
exar kun
ewoks
yuuzhanvong

more but not sure how the admins feel about pumping tons of skins onto the server

also, any way to request an increase in max client size? 12-16 maybe?

thanks for hosting the server guys.

Goo

mythren
08-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Gooey

also, any way to request an increase in max client size? 12-16 maybe?

Oooh...I'd love that.

Anyway - I'm back from vacation now and should be on the server a LOT more. I hadn't ever played with the JediMod yet, but Goo and Keyan got me up to speed :). Thanks guys!

DiscoFever
08-16-2002, 07:56 PM
It's still down for me :(

Gooey
08-16-2002, 09:07 PM
lol, well it's down again. hope for not to long this time

almost forgot, I wanted to suggest increasing the force regen. it is set at 200 now, was thinking maybe 400 or 600. g_forceregen should be the command.

k well to kill some time I am gonna go over some things you can do with jedimod 1.2 that is installed in this and some other servers.

Lots of people ask these questions so I just wanted to clue in some people if they happen to browse the forums before they play...

Grapple (for Mercs only)

to use grapple, hit the E or M key, or bind a key in the console by holding down SHIFT then hitting ~, and typing :

bind x +use

where X is the key that you want to be grapple. grapple can be pushed or pulled by jedi/sith, so if you see your grapple being deflected to somewhere you dont want to be, let go of the key and try it again. grapple can also hook you to other players, although jedi/sith can deflect with the saber also.

some server rules :

Jedi can use any saber color and can also use 2 sabers. Sith can only use RED, and may use doublesaber but NOT 2 sabers. To change your saber color, hit ESC, then go to SETUP, then click on TCK SABER MOD and setup your sabercolor there.

If you are a merc, using the grapple to get to a location that jedi/sith cannot get to is not allowed. If you could get there without grapple then it is ok. If you can be attacked by jedi/sith by them jumping or saber-throwing, then it is also ok. Going somewhere that is impossible to be hit by is exploiting and you will get kicked if an admin spots you doing it. Play nice and play fair.

Camping one spot for long periods of time is also not allowed. Back in the HL and Q2 days, there was a time period for you to stay in a certain location before you get world killed. Let's just pretend that the same thing is running here, and keep moving.

do NOT keep issuing the same vote over and over again, as that could also get you kicked.

Just play fair and have fun. Don't be a butthole and everything will be peachy.

You can change your hilt model (jedi/sith only) by using the player config. Hit ESC, then click on PLAYER. There many hilts from you to choose from (thanks |:|ReMaRk|:| and the modelers). If you are a jedi, you can select your SECOND saber hilt also. Bring down the console (SHIFT ~) and type HILT2 luke, if you wanted the luke hilt. Type in whatever hilt you want. Hilt names are in the PLAYER selection screen, where you pick your main handed hilt.

Dismemberment is on. To see parts flying in all their glory, drop down the console again, and type

cg_dismember 3

this should give you all the nice legs and arms being cut off. fun for the whole family.

there are a TON of new emotes. here is the list from the FAQ included with jedimod 1.2:

/sit -sits do again the stand up
/stand -stands up from sit
/kiss -kisses another player if both of you have your sabers off
/taunt -does the spinning saber taunt
/draw -does a nifty saber drawing move
/nod -nods your head
/shake -shakes your head
/super -strike a superman pose
/thumbsdown -looks like your giving something a thumbs down
/looks -looks around
/flip -twirls your saber
/dest -looks like your typing, possibly coding.
/****y -you point at yourself
/jedi -does something that was for some reason named jedi
/way -shows you the way
/scratch -scratch your head
/dunno -hold your arms out saying you don't know
/power -holds your hand up in the air
/barf -barf all over
/throw1 -throw your saber behind you
/throw2 -throw your saber forwards
/throw3 -throw your saber to the side
/adjust -adjust your saber
/beg -beg for mercy
/kneel -kneel on the ground
/punch -punches
/slap -slap someone if they kiss you
/sleep -lay down like you are dead
/spintaunt -do the spinning saber taunt
/bounce -do a pushup thingy sortof
/breakdance -breakdance
/taunt 0-12 -play a taunt sounds if more than 1
/secretissafewithus -try it and find out

What are the new special moves?
purple stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.
Jumps fairly high and does a spinning twirling thingy of death.

orange stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.
tornado attack if you only have one saber
same move as the yellow stance if you have two sabers

How do I turn on my second saber?

type /twosaber or /dualsaber in the console while your saber is off. you can also bind a key to do this. see the grapple example

How do I turn on the dualbladed saber?

type /thedestroyer or /dualblade in console while your saber is off. you can also bind a key to do this. see the grapple example

more stuff later as I think of it.

laters all, and welcome back Mythren

defalc
08-17-2002, 04:13 AM
There's also the new Battle Droid model (not the Roger one), which would make a fine addition to the server, PadmeV2, they have the updated clone troopers already, but they need Exar Kun.

PLUS: The ESB Yoda Skinpack: http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=823

Gooey
08-18-2002, 05:05 AM
fix

server

plz

:D

Gooey
08-19-2002, 02:29 PM
been dead for awhile

:(

Gooey
08-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Well it's alive again. I was hoping to have the server rules flashing like before, but without any admins on the rule breakers just flood the server.

I spend more time telling people to change sabers or not kill same team than I do actually playing.

Ok well Im done for now.