PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with Full Throttle

enhag
05-09-2002, 08:00 PM
I've downloaded Quick and Easy, and everything works just fine when i tried it on my Sam and Max-game. However when i tried it on Full Throttle, the screen just flickered and returned to windows.

Does anybody know what I've done wrong?

bgbennyboy
05-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Engage Checklist:
1 - Curiosity - what operating system? (I think I've worked out how to fix the windows 2000 FT sound problems)
2 - Do you have the cd in the drive? :D
3 - Have you selected the throttle.exe (normally in C:\throttle) in the setup?
When you play full throttle through Q+E it attempts to load the throttle.exe file that youve specified in the options, so you've probably forgotten to specify the location of it.

enhag
05-10-2002, 08:27 PM
1. I use w2000,

2. yeah, it's in. :)

3. Actually when I press start in Q a E, the launch utility starts, and when i press "play full throttle" it just returns me to windows

bgbennyboy
05-10-2002, 08:39 PM
OK then.
Try and start FT again.
Then exit and paste the contents of Q+E.bat (in the Quick and Easy folder) here.

enhag
05-11-2002, 08:01 AM
this is what it says:

C:
cd "C:\Quick And Easy"\
dosdrv -i:lucasvdm.ini
cd C:\THROTTLE\
throttle.exe

bgbennyboy
05-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Hmmm thats.....actually right
Try going to C:\throttle and loading throttle.exe yourself
You may have installed it somewhere else and not specified where.

[In other news I reformatted my machine the other day and now FT is refusing to work properly again (XP), so er I'll fix it again when I get chance:rolleyes: )

enhag
05-11-2002, 09:08 AM
The same thing happens when I launch it from the c:\throttle folder; the launch utility starts and when I press the Play Full Throttle button it just returns me to windows.

bgbennyboy
05-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Ah thats why then.
Id suggest reinstalling Full Throttle (you'll have to click the full throttle filecopy button in Q+E when youve done it though)

enhag
05-12-2002, 05:35 PM
I finally managed to get it started today, yipiiie :)

Don't know what I did though. I reinstalled it a couple of times and played around with everything.

thanks a bunch anyway Bgbennyboy!