PDA

View Full Version : GTKRadiant 1.2.8 With JEDI OUTCAST SUPPORT now RELEASED

Imran
05-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Visit www.qeradiant.com - now we REALLY don't need to use the other level maker thing

FlashFearless
05-11-2002, 11:22 PM
i can't install it. when I try it says:

"The Installshield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed

The system can not read from the specified device"

Manquesa
05-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FlashFearless
i can't install it. when I try it says:

"The Installshield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed

The system can not read from the specified device"

same here, i'm waiting for another mirror site to free up so I can try downloading from a different site to see if that works (they're all busy except for the one in Australia)

James
05-12-2002, 12:16 AM
I downloaded from the first 3DGamers mirror and it worked for me.

Manquesa
05-12-2002, 12:35 AM
Ok, I just downloaded again from another site and am still getting that same error. Anyone know what that is?

Manquesa
05-12-2002, 12:48 AM
Uh, nevermind, it's working now, I guess I should have closed all other running programs before running the install program.

VEGETA2K1
05-12-2002, 02:08 AM
i ahve been using gtk ever since that patch was made a while back. .its not offical.. just some1 on forums made it.. cant compile.. but can use entities and stuff... if i use this one.. wuill it just upgrade my old one?

B0rG
05-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Ah, GTK for JO at last. This is a fair improvement over JK2ed I reckon

Guardian Omega
05-12-2002, 02:36 AM
Works like fine! Anyone have tried the ice shaders yet?

yrean
05-12-2002, 03:20 AM
im doing a bsp for the first time in GTK.....woo hoo...no more crapping editing programs....everything seems to work here...lol.....if it compile right its a done deal...Jkradient going in the trash....!!!!!!!!!!!!WWWOOOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Whooz
05-12-2002, 03:49 AM
Yes, I have had problems also when I install GTKRadiant before. If you get the iKernal.exe error, just try again. Keep trying... it will go eventually.

Darth Yoda
05-12-2002, 03:53 AM
looks pretty much like JK2Radiant, but it has some better features...sorry Raven!! :p . started my first map (a duel one ;) ) and reading a tutorial to get a teleporter in it, but JK2 doesnt like it too much, anyone get a teleporter working in JK2?

DarthCobra
05-12-2002, 07:08 AM
I cant seem to deselct models imported. This worked fine before in JKrad aside from the path problem.

yrean
05-12-2002, 07:26 AM
press the button that says ESC at the top left of your keyboard.:swear:

DarthCobra
05-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Regular comedian huh. When i press esc or goto the selection menu and deselect it disappears. But thanks for assuming im an idiot.

yrean
05-12-2002, 07:44 AM
well....cmon..if you heard people ask what a brush is a million times youd start with the simple **** too.... i think your editor is not installd right..id try to uninstall then reinstall then open your map and try again.

DarthCobra
05-12-2002, 07:49 AM
Screw it .. Ill just use JKRad for model stuff.

sdarkshadow
05-12-2002, 10:44 AM
I couldn't get compile to work on XP with JK2Radiant so I downloaded GtkRadiant but when I compile a map the .bsp appears but I can't go on it in-game.

The map is called "duel_dotf.bsp" and when I go into the console I type "devmap duel_dotf" and it says it can't find it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

DarthCobra
05-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Make sure its not a pure server

UniKorn
05-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DarthCobra
Make sure its not a pure server
meaning : type in consolde
sv_pure 0 first :)

Territo
05-12-2002, 11:40 AM
I just made a simple square map using the newest version of JK2 Radiant 1.28 jk2. After finishing it I went up to Bsp and clicked FullVis. After the Ms-Dos program was finished I was left with 2 files, one Lesson.map which I saved beforehand and now Lesson.bak. These files are located in the maps folder within the base folder. All the other maps I see people make have .pk3 after it and simply put it in their base folder. Someone please help me out on this.

Picasso
05-12-2002, 12:05 PM
^^has same problem, plz help!

Imran
05-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Exit and Restard GTKradiant, i had the same problem too

PurplWulf
05-12-2002, 12:55 PM
Unikorn:

I typed it in just like you said here:
meaning : type in consolde
sv_pure 0 first :)

and I got some error saying that "first" was an invalid parameter :(

LMAO
j/k, I had to do that :p

the purple one

sdarkshadow
05-12-2002, 01:44 PM
I have compiled the map duel_dotf.map to get duel_dotf.bak and duel_dotf.bsp. The .bsp is in the maps folder.

I started up the multi-player, went into a duel game, brought down the console and typed:

\sv_pure 0
\devmap duel_dotf

The result was an error message saying something along the lines of "Could not fin map duel_dotf.bsp" which IS in the maps folder.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!! I am sure that I am doing something really simple wrong.

HELP ME!!!

Territo
05-12-2002, 04:01 PM
You got to take the .bak file from the maps folder and place it into the base folder. Goto create server/game, click advanced and make sure pure server is off. Start a game, bring up the console and type in devmap (mapname). That should do it.

New problem. The map objects I place come out fine but it seems actual items from the game I place aren't showing up in the game (shields, weapons, etc), anyone know what I need to do? :fett:

Whooz
05-13-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DarthCobra
Regular comedian huh. When i press esc or goto the selection menu and deselect it disappears. But thanks for assuming im an idiot.

Here's a tip: Go to View>Filter, and uncheck everything, except for blocks. That might help.

sdarkshadow
05-13-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the help with the compiling question- it worked.

I have another question now though- is it possible to make a cylinder brush into a light, and how?

Or if it is not possible is there any shaders that will achieve a kind of moving electricity effect that will produce light.

I also want to know how to create force fields that are translucant, someone said it was something to do with alphas?

Thanks

Lord_Nikon
05-13-2002, 09:01 PM
hearing all these problems, I'm wondering if it's even worth upgrading. Could someone explain the difference between RadJK2 and GtK? I started mappin on Rad JK2, so I don't have any experience with gtk

DarthCobra
05-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Thanks Whooz. But i reinstalled an it works fine now.