PDA

View Full Version : allys


Lord Helmet
05-12-2002, 01:29 PM
will there be just npcs wondering the streets of cities, could we give them a couple bucks to travel as a mule, companion and the such.. oyu know theres some bum asking for food so i give him some bantha fodder :p and he becomes grateful and joins me and my gang to beat up andyone who's a wookie

Darth Maxx
05-12-2002, 02:27 PM
I don't think the game's very Party minded. But that could be possible I guess. Just don't think there will be that much NPC's

Zendjir
05-12-2002, 02:56 PM
I hope that they included some hireable NPC's to protect my cargo ship, or my cargo speeder. What I actually would like to see is that it would be possible to 'own' hunderds of NPC, all doing their tasks for you; guarding, selling goods, mining, etc. But I think that will remain a dream forever. It would probably cause too much lag. :(

setsuko
05-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Isn't that how the stormtroopers are supposed to be? I mean, since they clearly say that playing a stormtrooper is out of the question (since it would be... well.. dull, patrolling things all day), are they not supposed to be able to be led by high ranking Empire players? And I guess they have rebel soldiers (think the troops on tantive IV for instance) and the hutts would have henchmen... Simply, the expendable fighters in the war.

It would not be the first MMORPG to implement it, so I don't think its so far fetched. Your ideas?

Gaalgoth
05-12-2002, 09:45 PM
They said that hey will be in the game, and that it may be possible to control them. It's still not definite that wel will be able to control them, although it is likely.

Zendjir
05-13-2002, 05:56 AM
Ya, we will have some NPC's to control, perhaps a protocol droid to accompany you and some NPC's in various shops. But I don't think we can control an imperial strike force, or the likes of that.

Wraith 8
05-13-2002, 12:32 PM
hey zendjir... waar uit Nederland kom je vandaan???

i also wanna be a trader (must be in Dutch blood) but Rogue 15 ( who hangs out here occasionally) offered me his help with protection :D...

Zendjir
05-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Ik kom uit Stiens, in friesland, vlakbij leeuwarden (vlakbij Ascari dus).

Ascari
05-13-2002, 08:39 PM
for the dutch guys:

Do u guys have msn or something?
mine is: Paul_Rispens@hotmail.com


Anyway back on topic:

It is possible to hire NPC's and put them in your shop or something. U have to give them a % of the profit I think.

It's also possible to get some big pets and train them, and let them guard your precious speeder or someting :)


Wraith, we must get some protection for our trade ships :)
Or else people will steal them.

Zendjir
05-13-2002, 08:53 PM
How about nitro-thrusters? We dont need to fight 'em....we just run....

Oh looookie! :D an ambush...*pushes button

SWOOOSH!

But seriously:

I think travelling in a convoy would perhaps be a good idea, if it's possible.

Oh and my e-mail is hielkebrink@hotmail.com

Ascari
05-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
How about nitro-thrusters? We dont need to fight 'em....we just run....

Oh looookie! :D an ambush...*pushes button

SWOOOSH!

But seriously:

I think travelling in a convoy would perhaps be a good idea, if it's possible.

Oh and my e-mail is hielkebrink@hotmail.com


is that ur msn as well?

Zendjir
05-13-2002, 09:00 PM
yeah...it is.

Ascari
05-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Ok,


ow wait.. i'm talking to u in msn now.


Useless post this is yes....

Zendjir
05-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Useless that post was, yes, hmmmm, but maybe it fulfilled some unseen purpose, who knows? The ways of the force are not always clear.

Well, let's get back to the topic:

If we could own NPC's what kind of NPC's would you want to have then? I would wanna have:

A shopkeeper; I'm a trader, but I want to have at least one shop, to sell any rare stuff I find or when there is a big demand for something.

A guard; To guard my warehouse, probably one of Darhmaxx's most powerfull combat droids. (he was the droid developer, right?)

A couple of NPC's to guard my cargo transport; I just know that there will be players that want to rob me of my goods, so I need some protection. Probably Darthmaxx droids again.

An Astromech droid; when seeing R2 in the movies you cant help notice how handy an astromech is, I just got to get one...Dartmaxx...here I come again!

Ascari
05-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
Useless that post was, yes, hmmmm, but maybe it fulfilled some unseen purpose, who knows? The ways of the force are not always clear.

Well, let's get back to the topic:

If we could own NPC's what kind of NPC's would you want to have then? I would wanna have:

A shopkeeper; I'm a trader, but I want to have at least one shop, to sell any rare stuff I find or when there is a big demand for something.

A guard; To guard my warehouse, probably one of Darhmaxx's most powerfull combat droids. (he was the droid developer, right?)

A couple of NPC's to guard my cargo transport; I just know that there will be players that want to rob me of my goods, so I need some protection. Probably Darthmaxx droids again.

An Astromech droid; when seeing R2 in the movies you cant help notice how handy an astromech is, I just got to get one...Dartmaxx...here I come again!


Well, I also want to have all above...

Darthmaxx, I dont suppose u can build a protocol/warrior droid for me?

need some1 to talk to my astromech :)


I also plan on having some big pets I can ride around on in town.

Advantage over pets then vehicles. It's harder to steel a pet then a Vehicle :)

Zendjir
05-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Nooo, I don't want 2 droids following me around! Wouldn't it be possible to replace the R2 dome, with a protocol torso and head?

Hehe, darthmaxx has a big business allready ;)

Ascari
05-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
Nooo, I don't want 2 droids following me around! Wouldn't it be possible to replace the R2 dome, with a protocol torso and head?

Hehe, darthmaxx has a big business allready ;)


Well 1 would be a astromech and the other would be a kick ass warrior droid who has some protocol functions as well :)

Darth Maxx
05-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Woho, got myself a market before the game's out.
I don't know yet what the possibilities are, but if it's within my skills, I'll certainly create you guys some droids ;)

Saiyan22
05-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth Maxx
I don't think the game's very Party minded. But that could be possible I guess. Just don't think there will be that much NPC's

In the cel II movie the dev's said that you can team up with friends to take down the Krayte dragon. so you can probably team up and share experience (or else one person in your group will just be lucky...have there been any hints about partying/sharing exp?

as for the droids: make a couple IG-88's (assassin droids) to have your back (as long as they don't cross you and kill you instead ;)

or an army of r2's to hide behind in a blaster fight
:r2d2: :r5d4: :r2d22: :r2d23:

Ascari
05-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Saiyan22


In the cel II movie the dev's said that you can team up with friends to take down the Krayte dragon. so you can probably team up and share experience (or else one person in your group will just be lucky...have there been any hints about partying/sharing exp?

as for the droids: make a couple IG-88's (assassin droids) to have your back (as long as they don't cross you and kill you instead ;)

or an army of r2's to hide behind in a blaster fight
:r2d2: :r5d4: :r2d22: :r2d23:



Those astromechs dont come cheap u know!

Darth Maxx
05-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Move away Jedi
Here come the Droid Manufacterers :D

Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 09:27 PM
about protection.. i got a deal with this guy on RS.. he is gonna be a trandosian bounty hunter... but he volunteered to be hired for protection by me :D.. so i got us some trandoshian guards :D

should we traders make PA for ourselfs..and also be joined in the assiciates?

Gaalgoth
05-14-2002, 10:04 PM
Hmm.....that may be a good idea; more business that way. I too am going to be a bounty hunter, I'm just not sure what species yet. I don't wanna be a wookiee and every bounty hunter is going to be a trandoshan....I'm thinking of Zabrak bounty hunter though I may end up as a trandoshan.

setsuko
05-14-2002, 10:08 PM
heh, with the amount of budding bounty hunters in here, there will be a great competition over those bounties ;)

Wraith 8
05-15-2002, 01:23 PM
maybe in the end they start shooting eachother instead of the wanted guy or girl :D

Ascari
05-15-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
maybe in the end they start shooting eachother instead of the wanted guy or girl :D


well this is excellent..

Picture this in the space expansion:


3 bountyhunters stopped u.


Now they are discussing who gets the bounty, the dicussion get's heated and they start shooting at eachother. In the meantime i'm sneaking away ;)

Zendjir
05-15-2002, 02:41 PM
hehe, I know what I would do:

Hey, bounty hunter 1 and 2, howmuch money will they give when you kill me? Well, I'll double the fee, but instead, bounty hunter 3 is the target now....

Bye!

:mob:

Ascari
05-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
hehe, I know what I would do:

Hey, bounty hunter 1 and 2, howmuch money will they give when you kill me? Well, I'll double the fee, but instead, bounty hunter 3 is the target now....

Bye!

:mob:


If I were a bounty hunter. Accepting a job is accepted, u accept the fee. if u accept fee from your target u will become untrustworthy....


and so people wont hire u again.

Saiyan22
05-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ascari



If I were a bounty hunter. Accepting a job is accepted, u accept the fee. if u accept fee from your target u will become untrustworthy....


and so people wont hire u again.

very valid point
honor of a bounty hunter:fett:

Lord Helmet
05-15-2002, 05:52 PM
lol theres no honor in bounty hunting ;)

Zendjir
05-15-2002, 06:14 PM
There is honor in being a hairdresser though, maybe you can consider that ;)

And Ascari, I wasn't serious about my bounty hunter story, maybe I should have put more smileys in.

Here goes: :) :) :) :) :) :eek:

Ascari
05-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Saiyan22


very valid point
honor of a bounty hunter:fett:



Well, honour... it's just that if your not trustworthy u wont get a next job and ur out of business ;)

Saiyan22
05-15-2002, 10:44 PM
there can be honorable bounty hunters...once you track down your prey...squaring off face to face

or you could be sleazy and ambush them

heh, but the majority of bounty hunters wouldn't care about the methods, just the payroll i suppose ;)

Lord Helmet
05-16-2002, 12:07 AM
you can meet the m face to face..not tell them you aer a bounty hunter(BH) and then while your talking to them whip out a lightsaber across their heads muhahaha

Gaalgoth
05-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Here's how I'm gonna try it, at least once

Me: Dude, there's a bounty hunter asking about you in that cantina

Prey: Really? Oh crap, I guess I shouldn't have slept with that Senator's daughter.....Thanks man ::he starts to sneak out of town::

Me: I guess not. ::shoots guy in back of head::

Of course, with my luck he'll either know that I'm the hunter and attack me (ruining the coolness factor), or I'll miss when I try to shoot him.

Lord Helmet
05-16-2002, 12:23 AM
or somone else will kill him who's smartl :) :P j/k lol

Lord Helmet
05-16-2002, 12:25 AM
on a serious not though: woudl there really be that much bounty hunting...i mean if you find out that somone screwed up and you want them dead chances are they lost you money so are you gonna spend more precious just to kill the person...that probalby won't bring back this missing money anyway..so whats ur opinions

Ulic Quel Droma
05-16-2002, 12:42 AM
i think bounty hunters are over rated :p

*cowers in corner* dont hurt me

oh and darth maxx i need an R2 unit to blast my saber into the air for me when i get caught by a bounty hunter :rolleyes:

Gaalgoth
05-16-2002, 12:47 AM
::Puts hand on Droma's shoulder:: over rated huh? :: picks up Droma by throat, slams him through a table, picks him up again and slams him against wall. Pulls out pistol and covers Droma's left eye with the barrel:: Well can you're something that's over rated do that!? :: puts droma down and holsters pistol:: no I'm just kidding. Seriously though, They'll probably have quests to take down NPCs thrown in with players that you have to hunt due to that very fact.If they want bounty hunters to be a viable class, they'll need to supply plenty of jobs.....but with all the smugglers, I wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty of players to hunt.

Saiyan22
05-16-2002, 01:22 AM
Here's another topic i saw debated:

your name over your character...
say you do want to sneak up on a bounty...you hide behind a rock, but your name is floating over your head, revealing your location.
people say that if you had an option to turn it on/off, then you could do misdeeds anonymously and noone would know who the jerk is that tossed a thermal detonator into the middle of the bar and ran was...

maybe some professions, like bounty hunters will be able to hide there names, at the cost of a skill point...who knows

Gardax
05-16-2002, 08:18 AM
Do you mean Allies?

Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Gardax
Do you mean Allies? yes he meant allies :D

Ascari
05-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Saiyan22
Here's another topic i saw debated:

your name over your character...
say you do want to sneak up on a bounty...you hide behind a rock, but your name is floating over your head, revealing your location.
people say that if you had an option to turn it on/off, then you could do misdeeds anonymously and noone would know who the jerk is that tossed a thermal detonator into the middle of the bar and ran was...





Sounds like something I would do :)