PDA

View Full Version : Bot Heights ?????

rut-wa jodar
05-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Is their any way to incorporate the SP npc heights to Mp bots because desann is much taller in SP game ?

[SWS]Strider
05-13-2002, 01:25 PM
I think they try to keep the same size. It's kind of unfair to have a short guy runing around that's harder to hit.

rut-wa jodar
05-13-2002, 01:29 PM
I changed desann to vader in Sp game and he looks really menacing because it used desanns height.

DarthNoodles
05-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by [SWS]Strider
I think they try to keep the same size. It's kind of unfair to have a short guy runing around that's harder to hit.

I think (don't quote me though) that all models no matter what their size have the same hit-box. Which negates the "size matters" argument. ie. Didn't the old "arms" model have the same hitbox as the regular model.

If the size mattered then one could use a massive model as their own and then force models and everybody would be as easy as pie to hit, including themselves.

I remember playing Q2 and one guy always used a Kenny (from Southpark) model. He was harder to see because he'd hide behind rocks and half-walls, but if you knew he was there you could shoot "above" his head and get the hit.

Prowl lightstar
05-13-2002, 03:08 PM
How do you change Dessann to Vader in SP?

Cheers

[SWS]Strider
05-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Yah your right, but you still have the issue of having a hard time seein where he is, I just think it's a little cheap.

rut-wa jodar
05-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Prowl lightstar
How do you change Dessann to Vader in SP?

Cheers

unpack vader.pk3 to c:\
rename models\players\vader\ to \models\players\desann
edit model_default.skin with wordpad

find and replace \vader\ with \desann\
save model_default.skin
make zip file of models dir and rename .zip to .pk3
copy to \GameData\base of JO dir
run SP game

hope it helps !!!!