PDA

View Full Version : how do i capture quality screenshots?

starbucks
05-13-2002, 02:13 PM
how do i take good ingame screenshots? Mine come out all chaotic. i want to see my character in environment posed. how is this possible?

k3po
05-13-2002, 02:30 PM
hit shift + ~ and type

bind X screenshot

where as X is the key you want to use to take the screen.

go in to your BASE directory and there will be a screenshot

directory. files are jpeg. or are they tga? anyway there ya have.

Abom|nation
05-13-2002, 02:31 PM
They come out as .jpg, glady - because .tga ones take loads of space and are annoying to convert to .jpg.

starbucks
05-13-2002, 02:37 PM
how do i do a floating camera shot of my character? the bots jump around like maniacs...i want the model posing...help!:confused:

k3po
05-13-2002, 02:45 PM
ok just read the hole post.

i've never done this so :confused:

hit shift + ~

type

[YAW]

cheat section on jkii.net says what YAW does: coordinates on the map.

now type

setviewpos X Y Z

now hit your screenshot key and you got it.

Prime
05-13-2002, 02:45 PM
If you have a specific model that you want some pictures of (as opposed to a fight scene), you can do the following:

1. enable cheats: bring down the console and type devmap <mapname_you_want>. This will start up the selected map with cheats.

2. select model: Go to the MP player setup and select for yourself the model you want the picture of.

3. set up the angle: bring down the console again and type cg_thirdpersonangle <angle> e.g 180. This lets you set up the view you want.

4. set up distance: if you want a closeup or something, type cg_thirdpersonrange <range>.

5. bind screenshot. Same as above. Take the screenshot, and bingo!

k3po
05-13-2002, 02:52 PM
your bots jump around cuz theres no bot support in the map. sorry but i know nothing about it. if your making a level shot for the intro screen then replace screenshot with

levelshot

starbucks
05-13-2002, 04:13 PM
3. set up the angle: bring down the console again and type cg_thirdpersonangle <angle> e.g 180. This lets you set up the view you want.

BINGO! this is exactly what i needed to know. Thank you so much guys. you saved me!